Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My new phone's always-on display has a starfield background which looks like specks of dust, so every time I look at my phone I get the urge to wipe off the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have to drive an hour into an unfamiliar area to sell some old junk for a pretty penny.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
This paycheck didn't last nearly as long as I thought/hoped it would.

I just lost a bunch of hours at work because the event schedule for this month was changed. I mean, I knew it was going to change, just not that much.. guess I actually do need a second job. Good news is I have options! Bad news is I can't decide on which one.

The business I want to work at could be opening in about a week if everything goes according to plan. Or a month. Or whenever. But it's guaranteed employment since I know the owner and have worked with him before.

Meanwhile, a business I like has just opened and I could practically walk in and have a job since I know the manager and have worked with them at two previous jobs, and it would be a really good fit for my skill set, with a short commute. I know it would be a better choice, but I would feel guilty if I bailed on the other place.

:sigh:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Delivery companies need to cut the crap and stop pretending their drivers actually try to drop off packages. No one ever knocks, or rings the bell, they just stick the slip to the door or stick it in your mailbox and drive away. I'm home all the time. I can hear you on my step.

So many times I've scared the poo poo out of them when I open the door and they don't expect it because my husband is at work so there's no car out front. I've caught them leaving slips without even taking the parcel out of the truck. I get that the whole meeting quotas thing forces them into this situation, but seriously, either just make us go to the depot to begin with or give me my drat package when you're on my street. Quit fuckin lying about it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bees on Wheat posted:

This paycheck didn't last nearly as long as I thought/hoped it would.

I just lost a bunch of hours at work because the event schedule for this month was changed. I mean, I knew it was going to change, just not that much.. guess I actually do need a second job. Good news is I have options! Bad news is I can't decide on which one.

The business I want to work at could be opening in about a week if everything goes according to plan. Or a month. Or whenever. But it's guaranteed employment since I know the owner and have worked with him before.

Meanwhile, a business I like has just opened and I could practically walk in and have a job since I know the manager and have worked with them at two previous jobs, and it would be a really good fit for my skill set, with a short commute. I know it would be a better choice, but I would feel guilty if I bailed on the other place.

:sigh:

Take both the new jobs and ditch the old one

boom

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I miss getting just drunk enough that the "I'm a little toasty and I'm going to sleep" would segue into normal sleep.

Now it's sleep for a few hours, wake up paradoxically refreshed and still tired, and oh there's the sunrise.

Getting slightly older is a FWP, I guess. I didn't even get actually drunk! I had, like, two beers! :sigh:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

Delivery companies need to cut the crap and stop pretending their drivers actually try to drop off packages. No one ever knocks, or rings the bell, they just stick the slip to the door or stick it in your mailbox and drive away. I'm home all the time. I can hear you on my step.

So many times I've scared the poo poo out of them when I open the door and they don't expect it because my husband is at work so there's no car out front. I've caught them leaving slips without even taking the parcel out of the truck. I get that the whole meeting quotas thing forces them into this situation, but seriously, either just make us go to the depot to begin with or give me my drat package when you're on my street. Quit fuckin lying about it.

Maybe you just have a really bad carrier? I’ve never felt like this and I get stuff in the mail all of the time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AT THREE AM
AND OPEN-PALM SLAM MYSELF IN THE FACE
ITS ME, A HUGE DIPSHIT THAT NEVER SLEEPS

I seriously can't get a full night's sleep anymore. Doesn't seem to matter what I do. Even with drugs that knock me out cold, I will be back awake in a couple of hours.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Power went out at my job. No one is working, which is kinda nice, but I'm angry that I'm still here.

The fire system is beeping every few seconds.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 14:57 on Apr 12, 2019

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

veni veni veni posted:

Maybe you just have a really bad carrier? I’ve never felt like this and I get stuff in the mail all of the time.

So far it's been UPS, FedEx, Loomis, and Canada Post. Maybe DHL is okay but no one seems to use them here.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

bring back old gbs posted:

Take both the new jobs and ditch the old one

boom

Nah, this one has the best hourly pay and shortest commute. If the hours were available I'd just do this full time, but it's an event center so it's semi-seasonal and subject to last-minute changes.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've been watching TV shows on youtube and on the Gordon Ramsay videos, the comments are all cute memes and thats fine, if repetitive.

However whenever I make the mistake of looking at the comments on "Can't Pay, We'll Take it away", all the comments are just plain racism despite the problems clearly being with 1) landlords jumping the gun trying to get outstanding rent and going to the high court (even in situations where they have already arranged payment)after just deciding "gently caress it we want the money NOW!", and 2) lazy council workers/solicitors not telling people that the high court is a possibility leaving people totally unprepared. Certainly there are some tenants that do take the piss, but for the most part they are victims in the situation, and the repo agents understand that and make things as easy as possible for them.

I shouldn't scroll down but I just can't help it sometimes. Also the title is too aggressive and feeds into the negative stereotypes of repo men that make their jobs harder in the first place.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Re:coworkers commenting on what you’re eating: I HATE this and this is why I almost never bring food to work because someone is always leaning into my goddamn workspace right over my shoulder to see what it is or loudly being all WOW IT SMELLS LIKE WEIRD GARLIC IN HERE or some other bullshit. It’s not even like I’m bringing tuna in and heating it up in the microwave for 10 mins or anything!! Just mind you own business because there’s nowhere else we can eat without trying to go to a restaurant with our half hour lunch time!

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Another one, while I’m at it: my husband is constantly watching YouTube videos about games and almost every narrator has the exact same monotonous voice and it drives me nuts :argh:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
UPS will gladly let you pay them for shipping but then refuse to actually deliver things properly. This company is seriously the loving worst.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

I bought a fancy microfiber duster and it works TOO well and refuses to let go of all the dust and crap it picks up :mad:
Even after washing the thing it's still encrusted in detritus.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Are you sure it's not one of the disposable ones you're supposed to use up to a point and then remove the duster and replace it?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have to do something at work that I don't feel like doing but it'll only take me an hour.

BUT STILL

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
My ancient cell phone is finally breathing its last gasp and I finally will have to replace it soon but dealing with cell phone companies in basically any way is in the "I'd rather punch myself in the dick repeatedly" category.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Was exhausted at 7pm tonight. My mom would not shut the gently caress up for the next hour about everything while I tried to finish all the print work needed for the convention Saturday. Finally announced she was going to bed, then saw a Mr Bean skit on Facebook she had to play at max volumn and proceed to laugh nonstop in between her bad coughs and hacking up phlegm. Is still up, coughing up poo poo and lamenting she has no sick time left because she used it all to take her friend to the doctor (no seriously her friend hates Uber so my mom would drive her 30 plus miles one way to dr appt). In between all this I am trying to play an online rpg with a friend and I cannot stay in it because of the Joker laugh mixed with choking on phlegm.

I just should have gone to bed at 7 and said gently caress it to the print work.

edit: I am a delivery driver and I loving hate needing to get a signature because most people work during delivery hours and if I just leave it and the box goes missing, I'm hosed. I got into an argument when I called the customer to see if they were home and they got pissed I wouldn't leave a wheelchair on their porch. Bitch, you are renting this from a medical place, I am literally the messenger, and they want this back when you're done!

Also FWP: picking up wheelchairs from retirement homes because it means the person died. Being directed by a nurse to go in and grab the thing, and you walk into the room where the family is bawling and packing poo poo up is....awkward.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 05:02 on Apr 24, 2019

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My 2010 capture card shockingly doesnt work on my new computer, so I ordered a new one. The new card is estimated to arrive late tomorrow night. Tomorrow is the last night for a while my boyfriend and I will be able to record stuff :saddowns: I just want to play Rondo of Blood dammit

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The drawstring on my favorite part of pajama pants is pulled out of one of the holes, and I can't get it back in. So I've got a pair of comfy sleeping pants that I can't cinch tight, and the drawstring hangs down between my legs.

The jokes write themselves for like half of this FWP, but dammit I don't want to have to go to the store to buy new pajama pants.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I want a V-neck women's Jeff McNeil shirsey. The only shirseys available are either for men, or have the name going down vertically so it looks fake. :smith:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

MisterBibs posted:

The drawstring on my favorite part of pajama pants is pulled out of one of the holes, and I can't get it back in. So I've got a pair of comfy sleeping pants that I can't cinch tight, and the drawstring hangs down between my legs.

The jokes write themselves for like half of this FWP, but dammit I don't want to have to go to the store to buy new pajama pants.

Pin a safety pin to the end and you can re-insert it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
UberEats from the lunch spot delivered FLAMIN' HOT Doritos with my sandwich instead of regular Doritos for people afflicted with wuss mouth

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Spring is making its way to Michigan. Which means so are the 4AM devil birds living it up across the street.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Got invited to a party, but so far the only confirmed guest is a dude I can't stand because he's a whiny, needy, clingy, anxious freak with stalkerish tendencies and a habit of lying out the rear end any time he's afraid someone might think less of him, which is frequently. I went no contact with him almost a year ago because he started showing up randomly at my front door, even though I live in a building that requires an electronic key fob to get into. After that he started stalking my Facebook comments on other people's posts, since my page is friends only and I had blocked him on every means of contact I could. I'm kinda pissed because I want to hang out with a bunch of the other people on the guest list for this party, but it's not worth it if I have to deal with him and the host is basically like "if you don't like somebody that's going, tough tiddies". :sigh:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Mouse Dresser posted:

Pin a safety pin to the end and you can re-insert it.

Sure, I got that far with it, but there's too much friction to push it all the way to (presumably) the back of the pants where it's supposed to be. I'd have to basically get a coat hanger, go through the entire circumfrience of the pants, safety-pin it to the string, pull it all the way through, and ugh just typing that out is more effort than I want to do.

More FWPs that aren't super big annoyances, but whatever:

- I kinda want to buy MK11, but I can't remember which of the moving boxes I put my xbox controller into, and I'm full-on :effort: over looking. Less of a kvetch since I figure I'd get as bored as I did with Mortal Kombat Komplete (whichever one that one was, I think it was the He-Must-Win one but gently caress if I remember), but it's still kinda annoying because I hear the game's open-world thing is highly nostalgic for those who watched the movie and played the first three games.

- My wireless charging pad is being... finicky. Half the time it works fine. Half of the not-working-right time, I put my phone on it and it charges fine until it decides to disconnect when its fully charged. Then a few minutes later the pad realizes there's a phone with less-than-100-percent battery on it, (BLIP-BLEEP), fills it up, disconnects, waits a few minutes (BLIP-BLEEP AGAIN), and then repeats the process over and over (BLIP-BLEEP HEY YOU WEREN'T TRYING TO SLEEP WERE YOU). The other 25% is it just deciding to blink and not charge at all. While I'm sleeping.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 23:05 on Apr 30, 2019

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I was sick for 2 days last week. I'm feeling much better now, except I'm still producing huge amounts of snot. My sinuses really want to make absolutely sure everything's been flushed outta there, I guess.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I'm like painfully tired but I have to see Avengers. It was an 18 dollar ticket.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I accidently got completely loaded before avengers on friday night, walked out 15 minutes in and managed to dump a drink on my friends suit and had to pay him back for the ticket and dry cleaning. Then I just had people tell me what happened in the movie the next day because I really don't want to put any effort into trying to see it again.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I quit drinking and now I have more money than I’m used to and it’s making me nervous. Also it’s making me realize how bad my drinking problem actually was because it’s way more than I usually would’ve had 😕

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Congrats. Shift more money into your 401k and IRA.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Hey, now I can actually get an IRA! :unsmith:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Inebriation Retirement Account.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My boyfriend has become enamoured with the Heathers musical and now I have to explain why I keep saying "I love my dead gay <x>" despite not knowing anything about the movie

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I stubbed my toe and my body won't stop telling my brain that horrible poo poo has happened to it. Like, okay, I really whanged the damned thing, but if you could stop suppressing my desire to move around and have a late dinner (because of course a stubbed toe means hunger is secondary), that'd be great.

late edit: oh and I'm nauseous and might throw up; pretty sure my body doesn't like the small amount of food I had eaten before the toe-stubbing just sitting in my gut not being digested, or something. It was just a goddamned stubbed toe, why is my body deciding that this is just a hurdle too much to function normally? :(

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 05:59 on May 6, 2019

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.
I couldn't get a mimosa at the airline lounge at 6:55 AM because the municipality has a no alcohol before 10:00 AM law. Why did we even bother breaking free from the tyranny of King George the Third if I can't have a loving drink until I get on the plane?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm flying direct to Amsterdam soon. It's 9 hours and I'm basically in the middle seat in coach.

Wah wah wah I get to finally have a vacation in a dope city wah wah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Crazy Mike posted:

I couldn't get a mimosa at the airline lounge at 6:55 AM because the municipality has a no alcohol before 10:00 AM law. Why did we even bother breaking free from the tyranny of King George the Third if I can't have a loving drink until I get on the plane?

Airports should not have any concept of time. It Should be 8pm ever hour of every day. You're allowed to do anything, from have a drink, or have breakfast for dinner, have regular dinner, work on a project or do homework, go to bed early, have a conference call, or just be up with your kids, they're all reasonable things to do at 8pm.