Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Which are the money maps? The 8 man ones I'm assuming or is the roulette wheel just as good on the regular ones? It's the portal room that is the big payout yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
gazelleskin maps will send you to either the lost canals or altars

in the lost canals or altars, you have the chance of finding a thief map which leads you to a hidden canal

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

I always have such bad luck in maps. Seems like everyone else comes away with 10 million and I barely cover map costs.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

EvilTaytoMan posted:

So much for me getting the other two GARO mounts, especially the Feast one because that queue never pops whenever I try it.

The achievement doesn't say that it requires ranked or anything. Has anyone tested whether we could get together and do matched parties to grind it out?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Azerban posted:

I always have such bad luck in maps. Seems like everyone else comes away with 10 million and I barely cover map costs.

You have to do a few sometimes to make mad cash.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Azerban posted:

Yeah, I gave up bothering with them after a while since the time and effort involved didn't seem worth the profit? Maybe we just had lovely luck, but I dunno. :shrug:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unironically. If you have Eureka Pyros unlocked just do Bunnies there. You make 10-100k a box and have a chance at stuff that sells for millions without any overhead and it can be done solo if you want

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Maps are best when you're doing it as a chill activity and not as "I am a serious money maker here to make money."

Get drunk. Get high. Get in voice chat.

Maps are the best as a chill time with friends that hoot and holler at the doors/roulette. It is a chill funtime where you make money.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The best is when the animation closes the door or whatever and makes you think you got kicked out and then it opens up again just to gently caress with you.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

jokes posted:

The best is when the animation closes the door or whatever and makes you think you got kicked out and then it opens up again just to gently caress with you.

By far, the best part of maps.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Pro tip: it's always left

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

FactsAreUseless posted:

This isn't my first class on this character. I already got to 70 with my MCH, and I don't want to run MSQ Roulette just to get leveling gear for my BLM. It's why I'm undergeared. I don't have the gil or the tomes to be at max gear every level. I've largely been relying on dungeon drops since 50.

Poetics should be dropping like nuts from lldr ADR 50/60 and Trials queues on your levelling jobs, which you should do everyday if you want more exp. MSQ also dumps an insane amount of exp for the actual amount of time spent, so I would recommend hitting it up at least a few times per job you are levelling.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Wait, no - It's never left

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

How Rude posted:

Poetics should be dropping like nuts from lldr ADR 50/60 and Trials queues on your levelling jobs, which you should do everyday if you want more exp. MSQ also dumps an insane amount of exp for the actual amount of time spent, so I would recommend hitting it up at least a few times per job you are levelling.

Alliance Roulette is supposedly higher EXP per hour than MSQ according to something some dude on Reddit did.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It's always left, and a Nemesis plot.

Mr E posted:

How much does it take for the set of Garo armor/weapon? I think I have wolf marks capped, and could probably get at least one or two of the mounts.

I think you can have it done before the expansion launches if you do two frontlines a day. You gotta remember, it's slated to end 5.1. That's at least 3, 4 months after expansion launch, so October at the earliest. And, on top of Frontlines roulette is genuinely one of the better sources of XP/min, so you're probably gonna want to do that levelling through the expansion as well.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 26, 2019

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
re: maps, this is from last saturday

code:
Time elapsed: 82 minutes. Earned: 369795 Gil, 174 Genesis, 170 Mendacity. Ran 11 maps, opening 9 portals, portal rate of 81.82%. 

Run breakdown: altars 5, canals 1, canals 5, canals 6, hidden 1, hidden 3, altars 2, altars 2, altars 2. 

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Whomever designed the maps dungeons is a genius, and a master troll. Sometimes the door closes and goes all the way to a black screen before it pulls a gotcha on you.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
It even has the loading swirl in the corner and everything, i love it.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

BrightWing posted:

It originally didn't ship with that. That was actually added at a later date to help sell the fakeout.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

BrightWing posted:

I had this happen like 5 times in a row in my first maps completion, it was pretty funny

On another note, after the DC split Odin's PF community is dead and I can't get tanks for anything

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Honestly, maps is the best content in the game, aside from True Endgame Pretty Princess Dressup.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

BrightWing posted:

I had to find a video of that since I don't remember seeing it myself. (Warning: annoying noises in audio chat)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efSgMgbJwzI&t=457s

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

The achievement doesn't say that it requires ranked or anything. Has anyone tested whether we could get together and do matched parties to grind it out?

I know the training matches count towards the Feast one because that's how I got my one win towards it. I don't see how it would let you do two matched parties and let you grind it up that way though.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

poe meater posted:

What's makes the feast so toxic? I looked it up and it's some pvp stuff about medals. Is it league of legends style of yelling and blaming your teammates?

Competitive PvP brings out the worst in everyone.

So yeah.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

jokes posted:

those loving doors

whatever developer made those needs a locker-shovin, or a small promotion and a handshake; maybe both

KoB
May 1, 2009
The fake outs are genius. Hooting and hollering about the doors is like half the fun of maps.

The other half is getting into the perfect position to emote during the cutscene zoom in.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KoB posted:

The fake outs are genius. Hooting and hollering about the doors is like half the fun of maps.

The other half is getting into the perfect position to emote during the cutscene zoom in.

By which you mean so the camera zooms in directly on Speedo clad roe rear end

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

rear end is good, yes :hai:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I mean, the actual best thing to do is to run around while everyone's camera is locked on in place to questions of, "HOW ARE YOU DOING THAT?!" but maybe that's just me.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Hmm, yes. rear end IS good.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the only bad thing about maps is that they stopped with the fakeouts really early. surely they can go even deeper. have it send you back to the main map and then suck you back in 2 minutes later

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017
The feast queues are like 5-10minutes at most right now with the new season. I just started playing it this week and it’s been really fun and something different. Luckily decided to get the Garo stuff a coupe of weeks ago so I’ve already gotten started on them but if you want feast queues now is the time. Queues were popping instantly at peak time on primal the other day.

As far as toxic people only one match I’ve seen someone spam nice job! At someone and that’s because they were godawful and lost us the game by not picking up the winning medals then dying and we fell apart as a team. I’d say do the bare minimum and read a short feast guide before you join because getting matched with a bad player will usually cost you the game since it’s 4v4. It can be pretty frustrating when a dps ignores the target countdowns/focus and will be off on the other side of the map plinking away at the tank or healer. Like no one is going to harass you for being new but at the same time why wouldn’t you just read a quick guide about how it all works?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Has anyone else been having lag skips ever since the patch dropped? It's making dungeons and other things difficult.

Also, I went into Eureka for the first time in months today and lag made it pure torture instead of the more diluted torture it normally is. Why do I want a dyeable Seventh Hell coat? What is wrong with me?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
RIP Mogboard, forever....again.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

jokes posted:

Well, depends on what class you play. Tanks and DRGs got a good one in HW: here, which got mirrored for mDPS in SB: here.

If you want a more generalized thing there's a lvl 1 skirt that anyone can wear with funny tights, but if you have long boots it covers them up and has better coloring than the MSQ skirt: here. Note that these are a skirt/tights on females about the same length as the ones from MSQ, and shorts on males. As far as short skirts go, this is pretty great, since it has shorts underneath.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, the tank/mdps one is the one I was talking about earlier, and it's roughly knee length. The other two you posted are very miniskirts. I just want a non-mogstation option, and right now that's only the demon skirt. :rip:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I know the training matches count towards the Feast one because that's how I got my one win towards it. I don't see how it would let you do two matched parties and let you grind it up that way though.

There's a custom match option that lets you directly queue as two 4-player parties. I have no idea if that counts, though.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ciaphas posted:

Leal posted:

Hmm, yes. rear end IS good.

People of culture. :hai:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So is Rabanastre a mess of terrible nonsense fights and badly-conveyed mechanics or did I just not get it?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
rabanastre is old and easy as hell since everyone is hanging out in i390 gear, you can skip mechanics and entire phases if everyone is pressing buttons is roughly the correct order

it's basically LOTA at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Phone posted:

rabanastre is old and easy as hell since everyone is hanging out in i390 gear, you can skip mechanics and entire phases if everyone is pressing buttons is roughly the correct order

it's basically LOTA at this point
I mean we cleared it on the first try but that's not what I'm asking. Are the fights a confusing mess for everyone or just me?