Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Israel tried this and it was a loving disaster.

The state should make sure that all kids are housed, fed, clothed, etc. It's ridiculous that "homeless teenager" can possibly be a thing that can exist. But they shouldn't directly raise children unless the parents are MIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

think it's time to revisit this absolute masterpiece again:

Goddamn :pusheen:

Have some content:

AITA for making my roommate fail in project as a revenge

quote:

We’ve been roommates for 6 months. We became pretty good friends. I have this hermes birkin. That’s loving expensive. While I was out she “borrowed” it without even asking. When I returned home it was in its place. But it had a red stain. The bag is yellow so it’s really noticeable. I asked her and she admitted taking it and said that stain wasn’t her fault. I was furious. I share my laptop with her. She has project due to monday. She was planning to do presentation and had slideshow in a file, so I deleted it. AITA?

Apparently this poo poo is worth $10K?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
They vary and the crazier ones cost 6 figures.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

DemoneeHo posted:

Have some content:

Yeah, Hermes poo poo is ludicrous.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Hellblazer187 posted:

The state should make sure that all kids are housed, fed, clothed, etc. It's ridiculous that "homeless teenager" can possibly be a thing that can exist. But they shouldn't directly raise children unless the parents are MIA.

I think she only has the one kid and the daddy is of the rich as gently caress Bronfman family so no risk of that.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Ride The Gravitron posted:

r/relationshipsNon-Romantic

My BF[28m] caused my[24f] parents to file for divorce.

u/bfparentbreakup

So some back story to start. I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we've been living together for 1.5. We've had our bumps but for the most part the relationship has been going really well. I've never known him to be vindictive or cruel hearted, he's always been sweet to me.

I guess the drama started when my sister announced her wedding to the family. My parents agreed to pay for it and my mom has been very stressed, planning the wedding with my sister. She wants the pictures to be perfect and is concerned about my BF. He's had a pretty big scar on his face since he was young, and my mom finds it hideous. I don't know why, she's always had a weird obsession with it that I hide from my boyfriend, but he catches her staring.

So last week she texts him "How to tell someone they need cosmetic surgery". He didn't tell me about it before he texted back "How to tell someone they're in a loveless marriage and their husband is cheating when he goes on business trips".
I told my BF that this was my mom's biggest fear, she's constantly worried he's cheating on these trips. I remember hearing her crying a few times late at night when I was growing up. I trusted him with this and he used it against her/me. He did this while my dad was out of town.

So she calls me at work crying about what he said to her. I try to calm her down, reassure her that dad isn't cheating. Well afterwards she calls him up and accuses him of cheating, he tells her that he's tired of hearing her accusations while he's trying to provide for her, that he wants a divorce. He told me that he can't handle her anymore, he dreads picking up her calls when he's out of town and that he's not going to return for her. He really is filing for divorce.

Now he won't talk to her or come home and I'm caught in the middle. My sister is also obviously not getting her dream wedding and is very upset about it. My boyfriend defends himself, saying that it was bound to happen eventually and that he's not going to take poo poo from her. I'm pissed that he used something I trusted him with and destroyed my family with it.

I'm so emotionally drained after taking care of my mother this weekend, I don't know how to confront my boyfriend. Sometimes I don't even know if he's that much of an rear end in a top hat for doing this. Is this a red flag, what should I do?

tldr: My Mom sent a nasty text to my BF, he sends back a nastier text that eventually caused my parents to start separating.

:gizz:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

PetraCore posted:

Just saying, it's probably less awkward if his girlfriend assumes he has a uniform fetish than if she assumes he doesn't care about the difference between Chinese and Japanese. :P

Surely it will go over well because the Japanese and Chinese are so very fond of each other.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

They vary and the crazier ones cost 6 figures.

They have waiting lists and won't even let you buy one if you aren't an established customer.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

Have some content:

Lmao. Shouldn't have an expensive bag just lying around if you can't afford to replace it. Or at least have renter's/homeowners insurance to cover it.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

On the one hand, shame on you for necro-ing a post from 40 pages ago, but on the other that is some USDA Grade A poo poo

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Are you guys looking to donate for homeless LGBT kids? There is a national fund for exactly that, True Colors Fund.

You may also have local options, like here in NYC there's the Ali Forney Center and New Alternatives.

If you find something local to you, please make very very sure it isn't the equivalent of those religious fake pregnancy counseling centers, that claims to take in LGBT kids and then tries to brainwash them.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

DemoneeHo posted:

Have some content:

Here's the problem: if you exact revenge in this way, it's probably gonna come up if oyou later decide to sue her for the cost of the bag. Which is what you should do.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

empty sea posted:

Grandma is totally going to tell the kid even before the kid can really understand the concept. Also she's a huge bitch and she could be cut off from like 90% of her children's' lives so that she can't gently caress them up worse.

They should just tell the kid from the beginning. "You came from auntie's belly" is simple enough of a concept for a kid to understand and if they hear it from the beginning it'll just be normal for them.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

zakharov posted:

Click the quote link.

that is...... so delicious

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

DemoneeHo posted:

Have some content:

I was wondering who the gently caress would borrow a merkin until I realized I misread.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Xenocides posted:

The title says it all except for the baby three months into the relationship:

I (30F) am in an open relationship with my boyfriend (30M) who is bipolar and bisexual. Not sure how to cope.

I am trying to figure out if my relationship is sustainable or not...
My relationship is ... awful ... pregnant after three months of going out. He wanted me to have an abortion... We decided early on in our relationship to keep things open, so that I could find crazy sex elsewhere and he could sleep with men ... He is so affectionate with our baby, but not with me. He hates kissing (finds it gross) and we haven't kissed in over a year... He ... says ... that I can go elsewhere for my physical needs... he also balks at the idea of taking our baby for a night... We live in a foreign country with no family or support... I am unhappy in my relationship ... We have hardly any sex life ... I always end up ceding (and often apologising) when we bring these issues up. I feel unappreciated and underloved, and SO PATHETIC for even thinking of asking him to recognise me... Feel at once petty and pathetic and I just don't know what to do.

Yikes!

Maybe it should be a requirement that you get in a relationship and dump someone at least once before you get pregnant / get your partner pregnant? So you can have the confidence that it won't, uh, kill you or erase your ego or psyche or whatever the fear is here.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Anne Whateley posted:

Are you guys looking to donate for homeless LGBT kids? There is a national fund for exactly that, True Colors Fund.

You may also have local options, like here in NYC there's the Ali Forney Center and New Alternatives.

If you find something local to you, please make very very sure it isn't the equivalent of those religious fake pregnancy counseling centers, that claims to take in LGBT kids and then tries to brainwash them.

I read that as donate homeless LGBT teens and was happy to hear I had an outlet for my surplus

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I've been on Plenty of Fish lately because I like to harm myself and the replies from men range from sort of normal conversational type starters to the predictable, "Anal?" to a very special sir who immediately asked for my preferences to "suck or throat cock, swallow or spit and anal or no?"

One of the guys I've been messaging has been working in sexual questions in between non-sexual ones and every time he does I laugh very, very hard because he's basically doing the "anal?" guy thing but with more steps. Also he's not as clever as he thinks. Pretty sure last night I was drunk and called him "boring" more than once. Haven't had a message back all day lol.

The one dude on the site that I had a somewhat normal conversation with has a micro-penis. Just figures. The second dudes think they can't win with their dick, they start to act like people, I guess.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
So is that a yes or a no?

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

DemoneeHo posted:

Have some content:

I read “birkin” as “merkin” and it still sort of made sense

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

JHomer722 posted:

I read “birkin” as “bikini” and it still sort of made sense

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Merkini.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Cowslips Warren posted:

I decided to check out the source and goddamn there is some depressing poo poo here.

I'm curious, are there ever stories in a marriage where they stay together, and are happy, after one person transitions?

One of my friends from my grad cohort is a great example. His husband is a trans man that came out and transitioned a couple years after they were married. Its been a few years - they are still happily married and both their families have been really supportive. :3:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

DemoneeHo posted:

Have some content:

Owning a bag like that is pretty abhorrent so you are an rear end in a top hat.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Dienes posted:

One of my friends from my grad cohort is a great example. His husband is a trans man that came out and transitioned a couple years after they were married. Its been a few years - they are still happily married and both their families have been really supportive. :3:

Coincidentally I attended a talk at work today about this topic (well providing care to transgender patients, but this came up a lot) and the presenter (herself a later in life MtF transition) mentioned that this is the less common scenario. Women who transition to male tend to have almost no support network, while trans women tend to remain together much more often through the transition, either as a marriage or just a support structure.

I have a lot of speculative guesses about why women tend to be more supportive, understanding partners and less hung up on genitalia but *gestures at the last 4400 pages*

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 26, 2019

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

empty sea posted:

The one dude on the site that I had a somewhat normal conversation with has a micro-penis. Just figures. The second dudes think they can't win with their dick, they start to act like people, I guess.

*chuckles nervously*

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

empty sea posted:

I've been on Plenty of Fish lately because I like to harm myself and the replies from men range from sort of normal conversational type starters to the predictable, "Anal?" to a very special sir who immediately asked for my preferences to "suck or throat cock, swallow or spit and anal or no?"

One of the guys I've been messaging has been working in sexual questions in between non-sexual ones and every time he does I laugh very, very hard because he's basically doing the "anal?" guy thing but with more steps. Also he's not as clever as he thinks. Pretty sure last night I was drunk and called him "boring" more than once. Haven't had a message back all day lol.

I want to start using that instead of Hello.

Anal?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Wait a minute, does "Anal?" mean something other than asking if the person is obsessive about doing household chores?

e: oh no, I think I may have made some greeting mistakes.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

empty sea posted:

Yay! Creepy weirdo talk is back! Now I get to promote a wonderful local band and their song about creeper with such fantastic lyrics as “Stop sending me all your dick pics, they are boring me to pieces”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9gv52_TbAY

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Fish in a barrel and all but this one is great

r/Swingers
Couple came over for possible play and the wife didn’t tell her husband who then slashed my tires.
edit: eh, from user history this is just a troll post

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for calling my husband paranoid for fleeing the scene of an accident because he was afraid of a road rage incident?

quote:

Yesterday morning my husband was in a slow collision on the highway. He was trying to merge and his version of the story is that there was enough room for him to merge, but the other guy accelerated quickly to prevent him from merging and hit him.

My husband saw the guy start rummaging through his glove box, so he assumed the guy was looking for a gun, and he just drove off because he was fearful for his life. He then proceeded to drive to work like normal, and when he saw the damage on his car, he figured it wasn’t a big deal and we wouldn’t bother getting it fixed.

Later that afternoon, my husband gets a message from a state trooper saying that the other guy reported that my husband hit him and ran, and that my husband committed a crime by fleeing the scene of an accident. The state trooper said he was not going to file a police report at the moment since otherwise he would have to charge my husband, which could result in jail time. Right now, we are waiting on the insurance companies to call my husband to get his side of the story so that they can determine who was at fault.

When we were discussing the accident after work, my husband was upset at me for not seeming supportive. He was upset that I was asking him to get the other guy’s insurance so that we could get him to pay for the damage on my husband’s car.

When I saw the damage on our later that night, I realized that the insurance companies might actually say that my husband was at fault because the damage is on the side of the car (not the back like I assumed). I told my husband that it looks like they might actually find that he was at fault for the accident, but that if he ends up getting charged, we can get a lawyer and that he can claim mental illness for fleeing the scene since any sane person would have stopped. The guy was most likely just looking for his insurance and registration, not looking for a gun.

My husband accused me of wanting him to get shot, and I told him that he was being overly paranoid and if he was that afraid he should have called the police.

AITA for being annoyed at this incident and telling my husband that he was overly paranoid?

My husband is mad at me for not being supportive enough because he is depressed and anxious about what happened. I feel like I am being supportive in that I support him getting a lawyer if he needs one, but I don’t feel like I should have to agree with his reason for not stopping.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Unless you are black who the hells first thought when getting in a fender bender is THIS GUY IS GONNA SHOOT ME!!!!!!

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

ad090 posted:

AITA for calling my husband paranoid for fleeing the scene of an accident because he was afraid of a road rage incident?
He was trying to merge and his version of the story is that there was enough room for him to merge, but the other guy accelerated quickly to prevent him from merging and hit him.

My husband saw the guy start rummaging through his glove box, so he assumed the guy was looking for a gun, and he just drove off because he was fearful for his life. He then proceeded to drive to work like normal, and when he saw the damage on his car, he figured it wasn’t a big deal and we wouldn’t bother getting it fixed.

I told my husband that it looks like they might actually find that he was at fault for the accident, but that if he ends up getting charged, we can get a lawyer and that he can claim mental illness for fleeing the scene since any sane person would have stopped.
YTA for calling your husband paranoid, because he's clearly just dumb as gently caress, as are you.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Admiral Ray posted:

Owning a bag like that is pretty abhorrent so you are an rear end in a top hat.

Maybe it's her special dick trolling purse that her dying father told her to buy while on his death bed, don't judge.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Nooner posted:

Unless you are an American who the hells first thought when getting in a fender bender is THIS GUY IS GONNA SHOOT ME!!!!!!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
AITA For going off at my friend about how I wasn't his "egg"

quote:

I had no idea what an egg/egg hatching was but a friend of mine I haven't talked too in sometime and who had recently come out of the closet kept bringing up with me. He was constantly pressuring me into doing things with him and would get in my face about it.

and by in my face. He would put his face closer to mine, he would constantly get too close and once wrapped his arm around mine. He said I was his "egg" which I didn't understand what it meant at the time.

I constantly told him. I didn't flow that way, I didn't feel about him that way, and I don't like him that way. I try to be a very direct person, but he has been very persistant for the last month.

Well, last week was the end of it. He licked my cheek after I told him to back off and I just snapped at him. Completely screamed at him and told him to gently caress off and that if he did it again I would punch him in the face.

All he said was "You are in that stage, but once you hatch. You will understand how stupid you sound."

This pissed me off. I didn't know what this whole egg thing was, but I found out from our mutual friend that in some trans communities "egg hatching" is when an "egg" referes to a person they believe is trans, but hasn't come out as trans yet and they start trying to coerce them into transitioning. (Called hatching/cracking eggs.)

Needless to say I was livid. I freaked out at him. I told him not to contact me again. When I told our friend he was upset too. He has called me around 15 times now and I blocked his number. My discord messages are going loving insane, and I just feel like an rear end in a top hat for throwing a 3 year friendship out the window, but he just wouldn't listen.

In our group of friends things have been sour because he has started talking to others about me, and some say I went too far and others said how I hurt him in such a difficult time in his life. I feel bad about it, but I just had to put my foot down.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Pro-tier

AITA for talking about sex with my husband in front of our son?

quote:

The title should really be are we the assholes but whatever. Throwaway because I’d rather she not see this and use it to mock me or some poo poo.

Our sons are 16 and 13 and our oldest, ‘Levi’, is stubborn bastard much like myself. Recently my husband and my brother were in the living room playing either Fifa or 2k19, I don't really care because either way my brother was getting his rear end handed to him. He got mad and now he owes us a new TV because he put a controller sized hole in ours. The only other TV in the house is in our room (Levi wants to buy his own and our youngest doesn’t spend much time in his room to need one in there) so we have been spending a lot more time with the boys in our room the week watching tv or playing video games at the foot of our bed, we have no problem with this until it comes to my husband and I needing to talk privately.

While our youngest will leave when we tell him to, Levi will just kinda stay there and tell us go ahead and have our conversation and he’d act as a ‘non-biased party’ just in case of an argument. He’ll have this poo poo-eating grin on his face. Normally just giving a look will get him out but he’s learned that just not looking at us is effective against it. My husband will wind up just carrying him out after a few minutes and lock the door behind him but I came up with a new idea that requires less of a hassle. Whenever Levi chooses not to leave when we tell him to, we’ll talk about the previous night of sex and he’ll be out of the room within seconds, grumbling and huffing under his breath and then we’ll have our conversation without interruptions. I would be lying if I said I didn't find the look on his face hilarious. We never go into to extreme detail when we talk about it, just enough to get him out.

I told my friend today about how we get rid of him and she told me we were being pretty lovely parents and that we’re going to scar him forever and that what we were doing is just as bad as him walking in on us. I told her he’d be fine and we dropped the conversation but I’m still kinda wondering if she’s right or not.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

WIBTA if I tell my sick wife that I have decided to take a vacation because she did the same to me when I had an accident?
A couple of years ago, I was in a life threatening accident. I was really lucky and I made it alive. My wife and I planned a vacation just before that. And she decided to take her best friend on the vacation while I was in the hospital. That was a week long trip to Greece.

She came back after a week and did not stop talking about how amazing the vacation was. Apparently she did that to help me vicariously enjoy the vacation. I was really pissed. My sister and my family supported me. But my wife did not. She later told me that she was too stressed and depressed to be around me and watch me suffer.

Now, my wife is down with flu. And I've been helping her. But I think I should help her vicariously enjoy Europe because it's one of her favorite destinations. I just want her to know how I felt. Of course, I won't go, but I plan on acting like I did. When I told my sister this, she told me that I should not get back at her and forgive her and lead by example. I don't think so. I think I'm feeling the stress now. WIBTA here?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

therobit posted:

WIBTA if I tell my sick wife that I have decided to take a vacation because she did the same to me when I had an accident?
A couple of years ago, I was in a life threatening accident. I was really lucky and I made it alive. My wife and I planned a vacation just before that. And she decided to take her best friend on the vacation while I was in the hospital. That was a week long trip to Greece.

She came back after a week and did not stop talking about how amazing the vacation was. Apparently she did that to help me vicariously enjoy the vacation. I was really pissed. My sister and my family supported me. But my wife did not. She later told me that she was too stressed and depressed to be around me and watch me suffer.

Now, my wife is down with flu. And I've been helping her. But I think I should help her vicariously enjoy Europe because it's one of her favorite destinations. I just want her to know how I felt. Of course, I won't go, but I plan on acting like I did. When I told my sister this, she told me that I should not get back at her and forgive her and lead by example. I don't think so. I think I'm feeling the stress now. WIBTA here?

What an elaborate way to realize you should've just got a divorce years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

AITA for not moving seats after a student asked me to do so because she was distracted by my scars?

Earlier this week, I went to the library to finish some papers I'm working on. It was very crowded and most seats were taken because a lot of people were working on their papers, most of them were due in a few days. I arrived a few minutes after the library opened and most seats were occupied, so I just chose the very first seat I saw.

The library seats are massive big-rear end tables with 6 to 8 seats with plenty enough room for students to work. There are individual lights, sockets, just everything you need to work on your own. As I was setting up my desk, I noticed the girl who was already sitting on the opposite side of the desk. I recognized her since she was in one of my classes. I smiled, she smiled back, all good. When I'm done unpacking, she takes off her headphones and says "Hey, uhm, would you mind moving to a different seat? It's just that your face kinda is distracting me".

Now, I have burn scars on the left side of my face. It's not Freddy Krueger-like bad, but more like a 24-year old Sandor Clegane on a good day. I am used to people staring and looking weirdly at me and mocking me, so like the idiot I am, I told her I was sorry my face was a distraction to her, but that I couldn't move seats since there are hardy any other seats available.

She replied with: "but it's really drawing my attention and I kinda got here first. Hey, don't worry, I'll help you look for another seat!".
I don't know why, but the "I'll help you look for another seat" triggered me. I know my face (which is, by the way, not really as bad as Sandor Clegane) looks a bit off, but actually wanting me to move to a different seat? Like, I'm still human, not some kind of flea-covered dog.
So I snapped back that I'm staying on this seat (meanwhile, other students are noticing our little discussion) and that she couldn't be that distracted, seeing she was listening to music already and had a big-rear end laptop in front of her.

She raised her voice, I guess in an attempt rally people behind her and pulled the "everybody-thinks-you-are-a-freak-why-are-you-even-here"-card, a classic. I told her that if she wanted to help me looking for another seat, she could just help herself and move away and I sit down at my desk. She calms down after a while and continues working.

She stayed in the library for another 6 hours, I stayed there for like 8, maybe. She threw some ugly glances at me sometimes and sighted whenever I quietly got up to get a book from one of the shelves. During one of these trips, a guy passed my by at one of the bookcases and told me "why couldn't you just move, you distracted all of us here".

Which made me think: was I the rear end in a top hat for not giving in and moving away? I felt like I didn't really raise my voice, but I did notice people were looking at us and couldn't really focus on the things they were doing.