Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i too am a global innovation agency most known for working with some of the hottest brands and public figures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Shame Boy posted:

i love this stupid newsletter nvidia signed me up to for reasons i completely forgot

https://news.developer.nvidia.com/speedgate-worlds-first-sport-generated-by-ai/

cool

Speedgate is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In speedgate you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the speedgate motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
pass

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Shame Boy posted:

i too am a global innovation agency most known for working with some of the hottest brands and public figures

text me

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Shame Boy posted:

i love this stupid newsletter nvidia signed me up to for reasons i completely forgot

https://news.developer.nvidia.com/speedgate-worlds-first-sport-generated-by-ai/

cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=932T6pUxgbA&t=13s

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Shame Boy posted:

:yossame:

As for poverty ranking I'm a 1 on the streets but a 2 in the sheets

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
lol intuit specifically sets their page for free turbotax filing to be unindexed

https://twitter.com/JustinElliott/status/1121787277921927168

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

this is just a techlord idiot putting their foot in it by saying the quiet part loud. everyone else in the corporate world already rates people by class. thats the whole reason a bunch of rich dumbasses just got arrested for paying tens of thousands to get their failchildren into Name Brand colleges.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

FMguru posted:

lol intuit specifically sets their page for free turbotax filing to be unindexed

https://twitter.com/JustinElliott/status/1121787277921927168

it's fine because you could still navigate to the free option if you scroll down and notice the 10pt font plain link that says "all product options" below the giant "BUY TURBOTAX REGULAR OR PRO" buttons

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://twitter.com/nigelkersten/status/1118978281519239168

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

reading that tweet made me forget how to pronounce mortgage

this is really disconcerting

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

pseudorandom name posted:

mortjug

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

wish it had made you forget how to post

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Shame Boy posted:

it's fine because you could still navigate to the free option if you scroll down and notice the 10pt font plain link that says "all product options" below the giant "BUY TURBOTAX REGULAR OR PRO" buttons

the people who bribed congress into making tax filing as difficult and expensive as possible made a web page that makes tax filing as difficult and expensive as possible

mild shock

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
in an unnamed server in a disused subdomain of a disconnected lan in a directory named beware_of_the_leopard

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that's the free tax department

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

she apparently also wanted to use the loving myers briggs personality test as part of performance reviews and she fired that woman because she wouldn’t play along with her phrenology and parentage spreadsheet management technique

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
i mean, its not like myers briggs is any worse than the lured imaginations of machines that passes for "data" these days

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

you pronounce it the same as "senior card-gage" obviously

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
mortgieg

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
la petite mortgieg

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

okay but... was she right?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i bet she calls it her poor-dar

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Suspicious Dish posted:

i mean, its not like myers briggs is any worse than the lured imaginations of machines that passes for "data" these days

lurid

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

we’ve known m-b was bullshit for like 40 years though

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

la petite mortgieg

i wish!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

qirex posted:

we’ve known m-b was bullshit for like 40 years though

we've known it was bullshit far longer than that, businesses that tried to implement it at the first widespread publishing during world war ii complained it wasn't helping them.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

fishmech posted:

we've known it was bullshit far longer than that, businesses that tried to implement it at the first widespread publishing during world war ii complained it wasn't helping them.

might have it confused with mmpi which was used widely in businesses in the 60s and 70s

all personality typing is bullshit

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

might have it confused with mmpi which was used widely in businesses in the 60s and 70s

wasn't there a social network and/or dating site restricted to just that one type that turbonerds think is the only good one? it's equally possible i dreamt this last time i had a fever

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

wasn't there a social network and/or dating site restricted to just that one type that turbonerds think is the only good one? it's equally possible i dreamt this last time i had a fever

INTJ is the one nerds cream themselves over. FPlus did an exploration of their communities: https://thefpl.us/episode/232

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

INTJ is the one nerds cream themselves over. FPlus did an exploration of their communities: https://thefpl.us/episode/232

well one community

on reddit, but everyone knew that before I said it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

now and again someone will ask me what my myers-briggs type is and immediately state "i bet you're an INTJ. am i right??"

pisses me the hell off. mortal insult. just because i'm smart doesn't mean i'm one of those.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

qirex posted:

well, the OCEAN system seems to kind of work. at the very least the O component yields pretty accurate results

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I'm an Int64

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

BMan posted:

I'm an Rot26

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm a long int :wiggle:

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

intj stands for i need to jerkoff

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

now and again someone will ask me what my myers-briggs type is and immediately state "i bet you're an INTJ. am i right??"

pisses me the hell off. mortal insult. just because i'm smart doesn't mean i'm one of those.

nice humblebrag

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted: