Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

But he tried to use BtD to send himself back in time at the end, so he can apparently use its effect while it's on his own body. Or something.

Hayato was dead as hell when BtD first gets used, the initial reset is just part of its setup phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

SpartanIvy posted:

That only works if King Crimson can activate before The World. Which given how Dio typically yells ZA WARUDO before activating it, might actually work.

The boss can see the future, just skip over the moment where a bunch of knives appear out of thin air or there is suddenly a whole in your chest.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

When Bites the Dust is first activated, only Kira remembers what happened. That’s why he remembered killing Hayato, understood that he had a new ability, and had his newfound sense of confidence. It’s only after that when it stays in the victim’s body and works its magic automatically

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 26, 2019

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
That's true. For some reason I was thinking paused time wouldn't be perceivable with precognition, which is true, but the after effects definitely would be.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Also, here's a little backstory on Risotto that didn't make it into the anime.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

poo poo

Both Risotto AND Abbacchio dying in one episode? I can't handle losing two hot goths

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I didn’t expect Abachio to be the first beautiful boy to bite it

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's kind of interesting: out of all of the characters, Abbacchio is the only one so far not to have a "Giorno's so cool. I trust him completely." moment.

Then we see when he died, he grabbed onto something because he expected Giorno to lead them to his answer. I like the subtle detail of his acceptance. :3:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's kind of interesting: out of all of the characters, Abbacchio is the only one so far not to have a "Giorno's so cool. I trust him completely." moment.

Then we see when he died, he grabbed onto something because he expected Giorno to lead them to his answer. I like the subtle detail of his acceptance. :3:

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/762464525249490945

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I liked the idea that he could have done a Bruno, but realised that would have meant his life was saved by Gold Experience bullshit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, you're probably right. :v:

Night Goat
Oct 24, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNrg3rhFrsY
:negative:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JmZ9ADhYg

Also apparently we're getting another break week next week?

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 27, 2019

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Even knowing what was coming, I still almost cried. And if I hadn't known what was coming, I probably would've sobbed through the second half of the episode. Kudos to Abbachio's seiyuu, he loving nailed it this episode.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Jesus Narancia's VA loving nailed that, oof.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Viola the Mad posted:

Even knowing what was coming, I still almost cried. And if I hadn't known what was coming, I probably would've sobbed through the second half of the episode. Kudos to Abbachio's seiyuu, he loving nailed it this episode.

Glad I wasn't the only one. DP really nailed this episode.

hooman posted:

Also this. Just some really great performances all around.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

It's been so long that I forgot this was around when that happened, but the framing when they showed Abbaccio alone with his Stand out made him seem incredibly vulnerable and it all came back to me. The animation is so strong, and I'm nthing that the performances were fantastic too. This was an absolutely stellar episode, with one heck of a gut punch.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Viola the Mad posted:

Even knowing what was coming, I still almost cried.

Same but scratch the "almost" :(

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Those flowers at the end were supposed to be what Giorno turned Abbachio's body into right? That was added by the anime, it's a nice touch. In the manga his body was just left there.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

hooman posted:

That scream, man. That scream. Everything in that scene was perfect. I was low-key dreading watching this episode because I knew what was coming and then DavidPro knocked the ball right out of the park and made the episode even worse.

RatHat posted:

Those flowers at the end were supposed to be what Giorno turned Abbachio's body into right? That was added by the anime, it's a nice touch. In the manga his body was just left there.

You think so? It just seemed like a nice shot of scenery to me, but I'd like to think that that was the animators' intention. :unsmith:

On a side note, finishing this episode made me very glad that DavidPro changed the ending. "Modern Crusaders" really gets the feel of the last third of Vento Aureo across, and it was just the thing I needed to hear after this episode.

Viola the Mad fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 27, 2019

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah, Abbacchio nailed it, Narancia nailed it, even the minor character cop guy loving nailed it, everything was just so drat good

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Man king crimson is total horseshit, apparently it also lets you change into a small child

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
What? I'm not crying, there's just something in my eyes. Shut up.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It's hard to not spoil myself by reading all of this because this account is God drat amazing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/762464208021708801

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/762467068360785920

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
my beautiful blues boi :smith:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Grapplejack posted:

Man king crimson is total horseshit, apparently it also lets you change into a small child

that's not King Crimson, that's just how split personalities work

duh

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I didn't feel anything for Abacchio's death so this whole episode just kinda fell flat for me.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

CrashScreen posted:

This was an absolutely stellar episode, with one heck of a gut punch.

Actually, it was a chest punch.

But yeah, it's amazing how Abbacchio's death is even more abrupt than Avdol's. He just turns around and BAM

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
thought of balls and died

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

King Crimson is a meme for a good reason.

I think "I skipped 0.5 seconds of time" is the most ridiculous thing it does, though. Unless I'm forgetting something.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
are people still doing the "i don't understand what it does!!" memes

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's honestly incredibly inconsistent

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Actually, it was a chest punch.

But yeah, it's amazing how Abbacchio's death is even more abrupt than Avdol's. He just turns around and BAM

Unlike Avdol's this one works though. Avdol's death just felt like Araki really wanted to get rid of him but had lost his chance to make it dramatic because of fan pressure so now he was out, goodbye, gently caress off. Abbacchio's is abrupt in a way that's shocking, in a series that's all about being dramatic and glorious, with extreme posing and whatnot, he just gets punched in a moment of weakness and dies instantly. No fight, nothing, he's just gone. It hits you, even moreso with how goddamn amazing of a job everyone at DavidPro did this episode, from the animators to the VAs.

Narancia's VA especially really sold the despair. Too bad Gold Experience can only bring people back to life if it's plot-convenient!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's what Abbacchio would have wanted. He wouldn't have wanted to live as a living testament to Giorno's bullshit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Abbacchio's is abrupt in a way that's shocking, in a series that's all about being dramatic and glorious, with extreme posing and whatnot, he just gets punched in a moment of weakness and dies instantly. No fight, nothing, he's just gone. It hits you, even moreso with how goddamn amazing of a job everyone at DavidPro did this episode, from the animators to the VAs.

Oh, I didn't mean abrupt in a bad way. It was certainly handled better than Avdol, especially since Abbacchio's Moody Blues presented the most danger to The Boss at the moment.

I just meant that you probably wouldn't have expected Doppio to just suddenly run him through in that exact moment, even if you did notice the kid with pink hair that was nearby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Seen talk on Japanese twitter that the flowers at the end of the episode are Yellow Sweet Sultans

Sweet Sultans in flower language represent joy and eloquence