Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I haven't really kept up with Arrow or Flash since they came back from winter break so I'm incredibly behind on both shows and just shitposting in their threads because why not.

Surely your life has better things to focus on than talking about how much you don't like shows that you no longer watch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I said it in the Arrow thread but I only watch it due to sunk cost. I kinda enjoy Flash still on some level though, even if Barry is the worst.

There really needs to be a scene where they're sneaking around and accidentally find the Barry Allen Time Crimes center, with two massively overworked agents; "He won't stop screwing everything up!"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bentacos posted:

Surely your life has better things to focus on than talking about how much you don't like shows that you no longer watch?

Woah woah woah, I never said anything about disliking them now. I just got better things to do than watch them :v:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bentacos posted:

*looks around*

*is in TVIV*

nope!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

twistedmentat posted:

I said it in the Arrow thread but I only watch it due to sunk cost. I kinda enjoy Flash still on some level though, even if Barry is the worst.

There really needs to be a scene where they're sneaking around and accidentally find the Barry Allen Time Crimes center, with two massively overworked agents; "He won't stop screwing everything up!"

there's an entire division of the Time Bureau devoted to Barry, they had to open a new office for it

you think he's bad now, imagine what would happen without the Anti-Flash Squad

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

Flash has some really dumb stuff in it but its still great somehow. I don't care when a bad guy trots down a stairwell and barry says "he got away" even if he can live for hours in the same second. But Arrow doesnt get that pass.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Even one of the better Flash episodes last season just further highlighted how dumb the show is. "Hmm, he basically froze time and spent hours thinking of a solution to stop an in-progress nuclear bomb explosion. But he also has problems not getting punched by a giant monkey"

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

E. Revenant posted:

Now the real question is why did Ray agree to the possession in the first place? This episode established that you had to be willing or get your soul ground down in purgatory for a demon to take over. There Wasn't enough time for the Ikea treatment so just what deal did Ray strike with Neron?

I don't think what's happening to Ray is either of those things given that Neron doesn't seem to have full control of Ray like he did Desmond.

kjetting posted:

Natari isn’t bad, but I think Mona should have gone with Zathan instead.

While it’s hard to top the Bollywood number with Zari in a Sari, it was fun to watch Sara rescue Ava from IKEA.

I cringed so hard when they had assemble the wardrobe given how many real marital disputes start with IKEA and assembling IKEA furniture.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

V-Men posted:

I cringed so hard when they had assemble the wardrobe given how many real marital disputes start with IKEA and assembling IKEA furniture.

It was really a wonderful setup. The first major test of a relationship that's becoming serious is the couple's first trip to Ikea.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

It was really a wonderful setup. The first major test of a relationship that's becoming serious is the couple's first trip to Ikea.

The mattress guarantee was cute :)

I like that Sarah turns into the very archetype of a little old lady.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Sara Lance, Relationship Expert

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Routh is really good at being bad.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Love that transition.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm glad I figured out Zari was dressed up like Marian before the show made it explicit.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Meet Rebecca! She’s the-

Wrong show oops

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Beebo I love this show :allears:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I cannot believe that the endgame of this season is shaping up to be the Legends vs. a loving Ray & Gary team up.

Okay, never mind, I can totally believe it from this show, I'm just consistently amazed by it.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I'm loving the evil corrupted nipple.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope they run Rebecca Silver into the ground like they did Beebo

Maxwell Lord posted:

Sara Lance, Relationship Expert

Sara and Ava are still the best.

Shaddak posted:

I'm loving the evil corrupted nipple.

:same:

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I started getting some serious evil dead vibes, and for a moment I thought Ray was going to cut his hand off to get rid of Neron

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

Shaddak posted:

I started getting some serious evil dead vibes, and for a moment I thought Ray was going to cut his hand off to get rid of Neron

"Not groovy"

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
"Even the mummy thought it was awkward"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Shaddak posted:

Yeah the scene with the mirror was a pretty clear homage. Even made sure to dress Ray a bit like Ash.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I love that the show's homages clearly reference the inspiration while not feeling like a ripoff. Nate trying to bluff a guy before Zari just bonks him, "are you asking me to do it" "no I'm asking you to hold my coat", the whole tone is oozing Indiana Jones pulp without just quoting the movies.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ray's gone full vegan.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I just woke up from a dream where Gary stepped out of the office for a moment and left a note but the Legends thought he was kidnapped and kept travelling through time searching for him while misinterpreting the note in increasingly absurd ways.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really expected the golden thing to turn out to be the Helm of Osiris.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This whole episode owned from minute one.

Mick being truly proud of his work and loving his fans, Mona as that one weirdo you see at every con panel who asks very specific questions, the crowd instantly accepting Mick as Rebecca Silver. And that was the freakin C plot.

Neray (Rayron?) is suitably weird - he's been so upbeat for the entire show it's actually a bit strange to see Brandon Routh playing it so sinister. It's like when that kid comes back from the dead in Pet Sematary or something, it's just spooky.

Speaking of spooky - evil crawling and mewling nipple is pure nightmare fuel.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Brandon Routh has played the bad guy twice in the past that I can think of and he was great both times; I hope he gets to spend at least a full episode being evil.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Argue posted:

Brandon Routh has played the bad guy twice in the past that I can think of and he was great both times; I hope he gets to spend at least a full episode being evil.

Last time was Shaw on Chuck, right?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I think the more recent time was as an evil ex on Scott Pilgrim, but yeah, Shaw's the other. He had a pretty good arc that took him from boring whitebread guy all the way to cackling villain and my enjoyment of him jumped up several grades from that.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Has Dominic Purcell had "not required to do anything" written into his contract or something? Feels like he has been relegated to bit part actor. Same as Brandon tbh (this week excepted). Too many new annoying characters taking up the room. I'm looking at you Mona, Gary, Nate's parents. Nora gets a pass.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sloth Life posted:

Has Dominic Purcell had "not required to do anything" written into his contract or something? Feels like he has been relegated to bit part actor. Same as Brandon tbh (this week excepted). Too many new annoying characters taking up the room. I'm looking at you Mona, Gary, Nate's parents. Nora gets a pass.

hes an executive producer and one of the writers I think?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I can't believe Gary losing his nipple turns out to be a major plot point. This loving show.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I love this amazing, stupid, awesome show!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sloth Life posted:

It's definitely the case that the cast is a little bloated at this point. Sure, it allows them to run a proper A, B, C and even D plots that are relatively complete, but the trade off is that each one is relatively short and sometimes a little thin.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

V-Men posted:

That seemed a nightmare - I went to Ikea with my spouse exactly once and I will never go again - I'm the type of person that when I go into a store I know what I want so I want to get whatever it is and get out as quickly as possible. I scream in the middle of the store because it was a loving maze. Never, ever again.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

Speaking of spooky - evil crawling and mewling nipple is pure nightmare fuel.

The juxtaposition of horror and humor was very Raimi.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Looks like we have confirmation that Damien Dhark did end up in hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvvZaBf9QQI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

nunsexmonkrock posted:

That seemed a nightmare - I went to Ikea with my spouse exactly once and I will never go again - I'm the type of person that when I go into a store I know what I want so I want to get whatever it is and get out as quickly as possible. I scream in the middle of the store because it was a loving maze. Never, ever again.

I think the correct mindset for visiting Ikea is to treat the place like one giant theme park ride. You go in at the start, wander along a linear path looking at all the pretty things, and then exit through the giftshop.