Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

The White Dragon posted:

those aren't horny character designs that's just how yoshida thinks people should dress. the intent isn't to titillate, it's to show off exclusive and evolutionary fashions

I’m sure Princess Hotpants is dressed that way for purely cultural reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Calaveron posted:

I’m sure Princess Hotpants is dressed that way for purely cultural reasons

i mean have you seen how other ivalicians (and later, valendians) dress? that is 100% their culture

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

The White Dragon posted:

i mean have you seen how other ivalicians (and later, valendians) dress? that is 100% their culture

And the lady who wears her thong outside her hot pants, you think that’s for religious reasons or

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Wearing a thong on the outside of your hotpants is like the least horny way to wear those two pieces of clothing either alone or in combination, to be fair.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think Kain would have been a lot less obsessed with his best friend’s girlfriend if he wore hot pants instead of armor.

It’d probably help his jumping prowess too.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Calaveron posted:

And the lady who wears her thong outside her hot pants, you think that’s for religious reasons or

come on that's not even trying, in ivalice guys wear thongs outside their hot pants too

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Kuja wore a thong without hot pants at all

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
God help me, I'm about to fall back into the eternal hell that is the FFX2 monster arena.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

YggiDee posted:

God help me, I'm about to fall back into the eternal hell that is the FFX2 monster arena.

I never played International or HD version, is there actually a monster arena now?

The old X Monster Arena became Clasko's Chocobo Ranch in the X-2 I played.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's a really weird setup where you set monster traps across Spira, and then you can level monsters by fighting with them and increase their stats/teach them skills by feeding them accessories and items. There's like six tournaments and the prizes range from the new broken dresspheres to regular accessories, to comically strong accessories. You can pick up the Mascot dressphere long before its unlocked normally. Also you can juts put the fiend into your regular battle party. So like, if you're sick of fighting Leblanc go throw a loving dragon at her. See how smug she gets then.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Re: horny, FFXIV has the NPC Hunberct Longhaft who's joined by two catgirls who talk about things like "stroking his lever", "polishing his blade", "keeping his parts oiled", and "hardening [his] resolve". The quest that starts this is called "Stroking the Haft". The text knows exactly what it's doing, and it's fantastic.

Here's a full transcript of double entendres: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2a9fbx/i_know_that_se_has_had_their_pervy_moments_but/cit68gf/

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Wearing a thong on the outside of your hotpants is like the least horny way to wear those two pieces of clothing either alone or in combination, to be fair.

I take it you're too young to remember Madonna being a sex symbol or some of her "unique" outfits.

GenX'ers (which the artists belonged to unless they're boomers) are old enough to remember.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Veib posted:

Re: horny, FFXIV has the NPC Hunberct Longhaft who's joined by two catgirls who talk about things like "stroking his lever", "polishing his blade", "keeping his parts oiled", and "hardening [his] resolve". The quest that starts this is called "Stroking the Haft". The text knows exactly what it's doing, and it's fantastic.

Here's a full transcript of double entendres: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2a9fbx/i_know_that_se_has_had_their_pervy_moments_but/cit68gf/

FFXIV has a weird amount of sex things in it, and it's hard to think of a good reason why they show up. In a Samurai job quest you investigate a predatory money lender. One of the indebted took a loan out to pay for her sick father's medicine or whatever, and is behind in payments. The lender decides to have her settle her debt by telling her she won't even have to do anything but lie on her back. She gets led away, crying, where the lender offers the girl to a group of policemen as a form of bribery. You, the wonderful and perfect WoL, decide to not save her until she ultimately gets handed off to the corrupt police wherein you kill them and then the good cops show up to neatly tie up all the loose ends.

It was all a weird framing for the wise old samurai man to say "sometimes it is best to keep your power in reserve and strike at the right time".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

FF14 is extremely horny.

e: I just remembered the name of this bar is "The Missing Member". It's where the all-female pirate crew hangs out.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
cross posted in RPG thread, might belong better here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EunT1LHCEd8

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

jokes posted:

FFXIV has a weird amount of sex things in it, and it's hard to think of a good reason why they show up. In a Samurai job quest you investigate a predatory money lender. One of the indebted took a loan out to pay for her sick father's medicine or whatever, and is behind in payments. The lender decides to have her settle her debt by telling her she won't even have to do anything but lie on her back. She gets led away, crying, where the lender offers the girl to a group of policemen as a form of bribery. You, the wonderful and perfect WoL, decide to not save her until she ultimately gets handed off to the corrupt police wherein you kill them and then the good cops show up to neatly tie up all the loose ends.

It was all a weird framing for the wise old samurai man to say "sometimes it is best to keep your power in reserve and strike at the right time".

Well yeah, you wait so you can kill some cops. Pretty solid plan imho

Classy Devil
Nov 1, 2015
I just beat FF9 in the dumbest way possible and wanted to share.

I'm playing the PC version now, but I played it back on the PSX when it was new so I knew about the extra final boss out of nowhere routine. My party was not particularly high level (mid 40s to low 50s) and I had done no significant sidequests so I had no ultimate gear, so I figured I'd take both Dagger and Eiko to keep me alive while Zidane and Steiner won the damage race. Dagger hadn't been in my party in a while and didn't know Curaga, so I gave her the Wizard Rod and stuffed the two healers in the back.

Fight goes pretty much as expected: Zidane and Steiner slowly whittle the boss down while Eiko and Dagger buff and barely keep the team alive. This seems to be mostly working, and after Zidane trances (at an actually useful time!) and gets a few Grand Lethals off I figure I can actually pull this out. Then comes another round of attacks including Grand Cross. Since I didn't have enough AP to fully immunize everyone to status ailments, poo poo goes bad and Zidane and Eiko are put immediately put out of commission. Steiner and Dagger both have a slew of negative statuses, including a Doom counter on Dagger, but they're still alive and Steiner just hit trance. I figure on the heels of all the damage he and Zidane had done so far I might be able to pull off a hail mary, and Steiner attacks for the expected max damage. Unfortunately, not a fatal blow. At this point I figure I'm screwed because Dagger's Doom counter is nearly up and I don't know that I can navigate the menus fast enough.

Her turn rolls around, and I realize that I'm not getting a chance to pick a command. I look more closely and realize that she was also hit by a berserk status in that last Grand Cross. She runs in and bops the giant eldritch horror from beyond time and space with her lovely little Wizard Rod.

68 damage.

Boss dies.

Cue hysterical laughter.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Almost nice.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
That owns

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Sakurazuka posted:

Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 already exist though

What the hell is this, 0’s combat is insanely superior to the dragon engine games.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Veib posted:

The best part is that reading the journal entries about the quest you see that every single double entendre passes over the Warrior of Light's head.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RevolverDivider posted:

What the hell is this, 0’s combat is insanely superior to the dragon engine games.

Nah

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

The best part is that reading the journal entries about the quest you see that every single double entendre passes over the Warrior of Light's head.

Warrior of Light's head can only comprehend finding bigger things to punch and crafting furniture.

ashrum3
Feb 16, 2019
wow ff has change massively over ther years i never got a chance to play ff1 but man that looks hard

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It isn't even really a double entendre. They are literally engaging in graphic sex talk in front of you and the WoL still doesn't get it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ashrum3 posted:

wow ff has change massively over ther years i never got a chance to play ff1 but man that looks hard

The remake (basically any version not on the original NES) is extremely easy as it has been bug fixed and much, much more critically potions heal 100HP instead of 40 and you can buy 99 of them at one time.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Barudak posted:

The remake (basically any version not on the original NES) is extremely easy as it has been bug fixed and much, much more critically potions heal 100HP instead of 40 and you can buy 99 of them at one time.

Sometimes I do miss the default NES game difficulty setting as “gently caress you”.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/1121939745657901056

:smith:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

At some point they need to just commit to an ending.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I have no idea what got me with XV but I thought that game ruled so much. It was my GOTY that year and everything, I just had such a good time with it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I liked it

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Outside of the final dungeon being way out of my league in level, requiring me to do some side quests, I had a lot of fun in XV. Probably wouldn't had to do that, but the bosses added in Royal Edition just drained my items and kept kicking my rear end.

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

Skeezy posted:

I have no idea what got me with XV but I thought that game ruled so much. It was my GOTY that year and everything, I just had such a good time with it.

I can't think of many other games that fit the "greater than the sum of its parts" description so well. It's got a ton of flaws but I really like it too.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Here is the cut DLC descriptions with the concept art.

quote:

1. Luna from Episode Luna. The Draconian recovered her body with power of daemon and revived her to fulfill the new mission. She has the power of daemon like Ardyn.
2. Episode Noctis, the last Battle Concept Art. The player has to switch character between Ardyn, Luna, Noctis, Aranea to defeat Bahamut. With Prince, Oracle, Female Dragonian, Mysterious man, they are party of 4 characters just like traditional JRPG
3. The Reunion. After Bahamut was defeated. When the dawn come, Luna wake up and alive again. (By power of Gentiana/Shiva)
4. The Funeral for Ardyn, as the Founder King of Lucis. (初代王の葬儀)
5. Luna and Noctis stand behind Ardyn's coffin. It's just empty coffin with his hat above.
6. The Ending Image, the name of two children are..... it's leave to everyone imagination.

https://twitter.com/FFplanet/status/1121818746455089152

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Onmi posted:

this is complete trash

thank god SE's ineptitude smothered this in the crib

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Onmi posted:

Holy poo poo that's loving awful lmao

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You know I was sad when they announced the dlcs were cancelled, but these sound really bad.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

teaming up to kill bahamut sounds good enough but leave the luna resurrection for after that not before it imo

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Killing Bahamut and deciding Ardyn was a good guy all along is such weird tone shift Im not sure how the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Super No Vacancy posted:

teaming up to kill bahamut sounds good enough but leave the luna resurrection for after that not before it imo

if she's dead she can't be a hero too