Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
You know drat loving well Barry did not consult with Iris or anyone else before he did that, too.

Dude has a black heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Rhyno posted:

What I meant was it is somehow worse than ever.

Just kill everyone but Ralph, Joe, Iris and Cecile.

Maybe Barry needs to go up against Godspeed too. That dude didn't know the rules about how you can't just murder off the support characters whenever you get the upper hand. Just vibro-handed that chick like she wasn't Nora's Official TV Show Friend.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

So I had a random thought today: did they ever give Jesse Quick a speedster name? Every other speedster got one, and she's an active hero back on her Earth, but I don't remember them ever giving her a codename. Is it just because her last name already means "fast" and they figured that was good enough?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Quick isn't her real name.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They clearly didn't care enough to flesh her out as a character beyond her name being from the comics. Hell they recycled the Trajectory suit for her. That's how little they cared about her.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

If this show disappeared after this season unexpectedly, I'd be okay with that.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

You can't go this far and bail before they get to the fireworks factory, Crisis on Infinite Earths.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

They clearly didn't care enough to flesh her out as a character beyond her name being from the comics. Hell they recycled the Trajectory suit for her. That's how little they cared about her.

Considering Trajectory was a one-off villain who showed up in the middle of Jessie's arc, I'd say it was the inverse. But yeah, they did both Wally and Jessie dirty in their time on Flash and the one consolation to them not being on the show any more is that at least they can't abuse them any more either.

E:

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Next year seems like a good as any stoping point to kill the whole Arrowverse cold with Crisis on Infinite Earths, honestly. Flash, Supergirl, and Arrow have sucked this year. Only Legends and Black Lightning were worth watching all the way to the end and even they've lost a step here and there compared to last year when they were on fire. Hopefully Batwoman is good. It's clearly picking up the torch from Arrow, but there's not much of a torch left to grab all told.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 20, 2019

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

You know drat loving well Barry did not consult with Iris or anyone else before he did that, too.

Definitely. The previews for next week pretty clearly show that Iris is taking the time sphere on a ride to get Nora back.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

TwoPair posted:

Definitely. The previews for next week pretty clearly show that Iris is taking the time sphere on a ride to get Nora back.

Don’t watch previews but yea. Barry’s in the poo poo now. Next season’s big bad is Bad Dad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I did like Godspeed hitting the building like a bug, but ugh, I just watched it, which shows how high this is on my list of things to watch.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Barry you loving ding dong, you've gone to Thawne for advice after you knew he killed your mother.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Lol so his plan to punish Nora for trusting Thawne was to...lock her in a timeline where Thawne is like the one person she can talk to . Nice job.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

At least Barry admitted he's the dumbest person in existence.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Barry was wrong and dumb to banish his daughter to future. Iris is being real dumb about Nora working with Thawne though. So basically they are 2 idiots and perfect for each other.

Negativeforce.gif - I gotta explain everything? :v:

:rip: Evil ice dad. Hello evil ice mom.

e: I'm still amazed that Iris believes Thawne has changed. "Look Barry, I totally trust the guy who manipulated and lied to us for a whole year because he seemed genuinely concerned about Nora." Iris you real loving dumb :roflolmao:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 24, 2019

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
If the characters weren't dumb the plotlines would have to be so much better in order to compensate. When over half the problems your protagonists must overcome are caused directly by the actions of the protagonists themselves, your show practically writes itself.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Good gravy, Nora is the absolute worst.

I bet she's a regular next year too.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Feenix posted:

Don’t watch previews but yea. Barry’s in the poo poo now. This season’s big bad is Bad Dad.

ftfy

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The "Thawne manipulating Nora into accessing the Negative Speed Force and becoming his evil minion" story arc was actually fairly compelling and when Cicada 2.0 showed up I laughed out loud and was like "oh I forgot about this poo poo!" It would have been way better if this had been the focus of the season with Cicada being a red herring.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
This show would benefit by having its episode order cut down. Give it 16 like Legends and Black Lightning.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its going to end with Nora going to kill Future Grace, and Barry and Iris and all "No don't do it!" and there's a long scene of them all weepy and I'll star vacuuming or doing dishes because it is more interesting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bentacos posted:

This show would benefit by having its episode order cut down. Give it 16 like Legends and Black Lightning.

Or better yet, zero.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Barry sucks so hard. I hope Nora kicks the poo poo out of him.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

LongDarkNight posted:

Barry sucks so hard. I hope Nora kicks the poo poo out of him.

Yeah Barry deserves literally all bad things coming his way since like start of S2.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Y'all make me sad a Legionnaire's on a show and she's not good.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Imagine if Barry learned how to do surgery. Ice Dad wouldn't have had to die if Barry can just go in and patch him up in two seconds.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

Y'all make me sad a Legionnaire's on a show and she's not good.

She's not the real XS anyways.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I hope everyone apologizes to Sherloque for being jerks.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nooneofconsequence posted:

I hope everyone apologizes to Sherloque for being jerks.

Them being mad at Sherloque is also super contrived and stupid.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Wouldn’t it be funny if Cisco vibes a portal under Nora and Barry’s feet and sends them to space.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
How confident are we Sherloque isn't Eobard?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

vseslav.botkin posted:

How confident are we Sherloque isn't Eobard?

The scene of him packing up and looking sad belies any nefarious plot.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Thawne sounds... off. I think Cavanagh's been doing the Sherloque voice so much he's forgotten how to sound normal.

edit: regardless of how stupid the overall plot may be, I liked the scream fight at the beginning because they're both a little right. As dumb as Barry was, he's not wrong to be emotional when his daughter lied for months about working with his loving mom's murderer, and he's not wrong when he calls Iris out for letting her emotions cloud her judgment; and Iris is right because... well, she's right that Barry's decision was a bad one. And Nora's dumb because she's just dumb, she's like twice as dumb as Barry, which is a feat. Also because she apparently waited until her mid-20s to have a whiny teenage breakdown.

Also, man, prison security has really gone to poo poo in the future. I get Barry and Nora just warping in because speedforce but Ralph and Iris just making it all the way to Thawne despite having no idea where his cell is by just having Ralph steal a suit? drat guys, it's the future, shouldn't you have goddamn cameras to catch these two?

e2: It still bothers me that Caitlin/Killer Frost still go by the name Killer Frost. Like girl, you haven't killed anyone at all and you said two seasons ago you were different than Caitlin or KF. Just call her Frost or just steal/adapt one of the surely endless amount of ice villain names out there.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 25, 2019

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Rhyno posted:

Good gravy, Nora is the absolute worst.

I bet she's a regular next year too.

The Flash Season 6 - "Why didn't Barry just get a vasectomy?"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lol at Joe immediately admitting he doesn't know how to use the Star labs computer.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
"He wants an ice family, and he's willing to erase us to get it."

This is a line that aired on national television

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bbf2 posted:

"He wants an ice family, and he's willing to erase us to get it."

This is a line that aired on national television
I didn't watch the episode because why would I, I haven't watched this since midway through season 4, but did Caitlin tell her dad to "stay frosty" after she kicked his rear end? Or was Barry like "time to put you back... in the freezer!" and then he punches Cool Dad (which I assume is his villain name)? Did Cisco say something like "meeting family is always awkward... let's break the ice!" before he shot vibration beams at Cool Dad? I need to know.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I didn't watch the episode because why would I, I haven't watched this since midway through season 4, but did Caitlin tell her dad to "stay frosty" after she kicked his rear end? Or was Barry like "time to put you back... in the freezer!" and then he punches Cool Dad (which I assume is his villain name)? Did Cisco say something like "meeting family is always awkward... let's break the ice!" before he shot vibration beams at Cool Dad? I need to know.

you really don't

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Weird that Nora kept referencing 2019 as home, which it clearly isn't. A lot of the "drama" came with this weird undertone, that I guess Nora was planning on permanently moving to the past or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

oh jay posted:

Weird that Nora kept referencing 2019 as home, which it clearly isn't. A lot of the "drama" came with this weird undertone, that I guess Nora was planning on permanently moving to the past or something?

I mean, the future doesn't hold much appeal for her. Her dad's missing, her relationship with her mom is strained, she doesn't seem that well respected at work, her best friend/partner just died, and according to a throwaway line in her journal there's a great chicken plague in 2023 so that eliminates like, a lot of tasty dishes.