Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Did you see what she wore to the funeral?!

I can totally dig gay as hell Captain Marvel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dias posted:

Captain Marvel is also still a bit bland as a character, I was hoping Endgame would add some flavor to her "tough girl" routine (and Larson definitely has range for whatever). Alas, twas not to be.

Endgame was filmed before Captain Marvel was, and they didn’t even have her character for the solo movie down yet when they were.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Aphrodite posted:

Endgame was filmed before Captain Marvel was, and they didnt even have her character for the solo movie down yet when they were.

Fair enough, I forget how release order doesn't always match production order.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The movie only did okay at the Box Office.
But then an ancient Kevin Fiege showed up with 60 years worth of Box Office receipts.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Question IRL posted:

He is.
But the film could have also done with using the line
It was an Avenger's World. The first of many.

Not sure if I had to spoil that one, but I'll respect other peoples right to be preserved.

It definitely seems like a line they could have busted out during the bit where everyone shows up at the final battle.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1122183649137393666?s=19

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

twistedmentat posted:

I can totally dig gay as hell Captain Marvel.

Yo, me too. Carol looked fabulous :allears:

Forbes guy said if Endgame can break 1.132 million opening weekend, it has a really good chance at dethroning Avatar's 2.78 billion global box office. I'll stand with what I said before and think that will happen because of a whole host of reasons, more so now that I've seen the film myself.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want it to happen because of James Cameron and his poo poo talking of comic films.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
You know, I sure hope Bruce thought about all the people who were in aircraft or spacecraft when they were snapped away...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Rhyno posted:

I want it to happen because of James Cameron and his poo poo talking of comic films.

"In 10 years we built a 22 movie mega franchise that ended up making the highest grossing movie of all time"
"In 10 years i, uh, we are gonna film the next four movies so soon"

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I would have liked to see what happened when Captain America went to return the soul stone to Vormir and finds the Red Skull there hanging out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Grant DaNasty posted:

I would have liked to see what happened when Captain America went to return the soul stone to Vormir and finds the Red Skull there hanging out.

I'm really hoping that ends up being something major. Like he returns the stone so does that mean Nat can be brought back from there? And is original Gamora's soul hanging out in Soulworld?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

teagone posted:

Yo, me too. Carol looked fabulous :allears:

Forbes guy said if Endgame can break 1.132 million opening weekend, it has a really good chance at dethroning Avatar's 2.78 billion global box office. I'll stand with what I said before and think that will happen because of a whole host of reasons, more so now that I've seen the film myself.

It won’t beat Avatar but I’m hoping it does just so Avatar 2 can dethrone Endgame :getin:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Avatar had a lot of inexplicable repeat viewers. Somehow even the comic movies don't have people obsessive to that level.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Avatar was kinda sold on its technological prowess and 3D spectacle, I think a lot of people went in again because at that time that poo poo wasn't played out.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Avatar had a lot of inexplicable repeat viewers. Somehow even the comic movies don't have people obsessive to that level.

It also came out in December and ran unopposed for over a month. It also made MORE money on its second week than opening and from there it only lost about 20-30% week to week in comparison to the usual 50+% comic book movies. Endgame making SO MUCH money this weekend means the drop next week is going to be loving massive.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm gonna guess that the drop will seem massive at first glance but won't be as bad compared to other movies just due to the sheer amount of sold out shows will require some people to wait

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
Here's a shitpost in regards to Captain America:

Since they acknowledged his sexual nature with the whole "America's rear end" thing, this is an example of the awakening of an extra dimensional sexual power in Captain America that is capable of breaking all the rules of both space and time. Basically, having two Captain Americas wrestle each other in the same timeline causes a sexual revolution within each man. After this event occurs, Steve in every timeline is able to go back in time get his Happy Ending, so to speak.

If you want to make an argument about how his personal use of time travel shouldn't work the way it does in regard to the rest of the movie, just know that in addition to his newfound sex powers, the last moment we see him that he has all 5 of Infinity Stones. So he can just unconsciously rewrite the rules of time travel to suit his needs before returns the stones!

Also, Steve is capable of making use of the Infinity Stones to do this without typical consequences (i.e. death or loss of an arm) because theoretically if he's holding Mjolnir at that moment he uses them, he's a now a god holding the ultimate metaphor for a dick, which increases his sexual powers to infinity. This also explains why they didn't show Thor using the gauntlet, because it might spoil Steve being able to survive it later on with Asgardian mystic tech.

Sorry, I just think that Steve finally getting laid getting his dance being a some sort of focal point for the MCU's main timeline is too funny to let go, so this is my explanation.

Mr_Moose fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 27, 2019

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Fangz posted:

You know, I sure hope Bruce thought about all the people who were in aircraft or spacecraft when they were snapped away...

Must have sucked if you were taking a shower.

One thing I'm looking forward to in Guardians 3 is how Drax and Nebula deal in a post-Thanos reality. Drax used his revenge to drive him forward, even if he chilled out a lot by having a surrogate family. Nebula refused to even let that happen and dedicated herself to killing Thanos, not seeming to have any plan for what to do after the fact. Then you toss them in with the guy who not only got revenge on Thanos, but felt empty and broken in the aftermath.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Man I completely forgot about Drax jumping on Thanos’ back and just stabbing the bejesus out of him over and over. It’s kinda weird how all these characters like Drax and Wanda have deeply personal reasons to hate Thanos and got their chance for revenge, but Nebula really never got her moment despite having one of the strongest cases for revenge.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Man I completely forgot about Drax jumping on Thanos’ back and just stabbing the bejesus out of him over and over. It’s kinda weird how all these characters like Drax and Wanda have deeply personal reasons to hate Thanos and got their chance for revenge, but Nebula really never got her moment despite having one of the strongest cases for revenge.

You could argue Thor chopping off Thanos' head, and his blood splattering over Nebula's face was a bit cathartic for her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Far From Home stuff, but informed by Endgame:

Obviously most of Peter's school supporting cast will have been snapped too so they can still be his supporting cast, and not 5 years older out of highschool. We already saw that with Ned.

But I hope there's a scene with Martin Starr's character after the snap happens and he loses another class.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I mean Nebula's big moment was letting go of Thanos. It's actually the character growth moment I like the best. Rather than shifting from "I will murder everyone for Thanos" to "I will murder THanos" she actually develops and her big drat moment is stepping into the shoes of her now-lost sister to help her sister by saving her from herself. Which is insane time travel nonsense but I think puts her in a better character place than if she punched Thanos in the cock.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Aphrodite posted:

Far From Home stuff, but informed by Endgame:

Obviously most of Peter's school supporting cast will have been snapped too so they can still be his supporting cast, and not 5 years older out of highschool. We already saw that with Ned.

But I hope there's a scene with Martin Starr's character after the snap happens and he loses another class.

I wonder if aunt may will have been snapped as well, cuz if she wasn't it seems like ffh would be blowing off a lot of emotional fallout from her losing Peter too

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

site posted:

I wonder if aunt may will have been snapped as well, cuz if she wasn't it seems like ffh would be blowing off a lot of emotional fallout from her losing Peter too

After Infinity War, the Russos said May wasn't snapped.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I would just like to lament that the chuds won. Their boycott of Captain Marvel clearly prevented it from making this kind of money.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Endless Mike posted:

I would just like to lament that the chuds won. Their boycott of Captain Marvel clearly prevented it from making this kind of money.

Clearly it's so successful because of its focus on the white heroes and the death of a woman

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

It's also worth noting, even though they never really talk about it, Nebula's thirst for revenge is what led us to Infinity War to begin with. Everything seems to imply that Nebula tracked Thanos down, tried to kill him, failed, became his tortured prisoner, had her memories looked at and gave Thanos the solid lead he's been looking for on the Soul Stone. That's what got the ball rolling for him to make his move.

Coincidentally, the two big moments in Infinity War where the heroes failed to stop Thanos when they had the chance were because of revenge. Quill angrily punching him awake and Thor choosing a painful death over a quick one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Endless Mike posted:

It kind of got lost in the woods due to Endgame hype but Captain Marvel has ended up far exceeding all expectations. It's over $400m domestic, the only other non Avengers movies (I'm counting Civil War but it's about to pass Civil War domestically anyway) in the MCU to do that were Black Panther and Iron Man 3. When's all said and done it'll end up #6 domestically after Avengers Endgame, Black Panther, Infinity War, Avengers, and Age of Ultron.

X-O fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 27, 2019

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That wasn't Thanos.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm honestly shocked they had Nebula kill her younger self. Having both iterations present going forward would have been a neat dynamic, allowing her to help herself much earlier than the current version found salvation.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I feel totally vindicated in my continued stanning for my boy Ant-Man, he got a lot of the funniest lines and had a huge role in the story.

Very excited for Thor to be a part of the Guardians.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Paul Rudd is a national treasure.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

teagone posted:

What about cheeseburgers?

That was my favorite callback, because it's both :3: and :unsmith:

This legit almost got me. I don’t know why this scene sticks out the most in the Phase 1 stuff but it does. It feels really human and one of the reasons why that character just worked so well.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I wish Carol looked like how she did in Endgame in her own movie. I was swooning over Brie with short hair. She looks so good AND badass with that style :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pretty good chance of that going forward I'd bet!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

This legit almost got me. I don’t know why this scene sticks out the most in the Phase 1 stuff but it does. It feels really human and one of the reasons why that character just worked so well.

Yeah, as soon as Happy asked Morgan what she wanted to eat, I knew exactly what she was going to say, but it hit me like a freight train when she said it. I mentioned in the CineD Endgame thread that getting choked up about the "cheeseburgers" line out of context is hilarious, but if you know the MCU, you know how poignant that little bit of dialogue is.

Rhyno posted:

Pretty good chance of that going forward I'd bet!

Oh no doubt. I just wanted short-haired Carol from the start, hah.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

teagone posted:

I wish Carol looked like how she did in Endgame in her own movie. I was swooning over Brie with short hair. She looks so good AND badass with that style :allears:

I think Peter's expression when he first sees Carol is pretty much everyone in the audience.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

X-O posted:

It kind of got lost in the woods due to Endgame hype but Captain Marvel has ended up far exceeding all expectations. It's over $400m domestic, the only other non Avengers movies (I'm counting Civil War but it's about to pass Civil War domestically anyway) in the MCU to do that were Black Panther and Iron Man 3. When's all said and done it'll end up #6 domestically after Avengers Endgame, Black Panther, Infinity War, Avengers, and Age of Ultron.

Speaking of box office I was disappointed to see how badly Shazam appears to be doing $127m US domestic $201m foreign. I hope that it has done enough against its budget to get a sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Yeah, Shazam's struggling a bit :smith:

Shame, movie owns. But a sequel is in development at least. They have a screenwriter attached already.