Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

If they pipe it correctly, such that the floor drain is upstream of the shower drain trap, it's never an issue, assuming you aren't a gross goon and use the shower regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/9xt0FFW.mp4

HAH! RIGHT IN THE TESTICLES!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They guy who helps it flip over with his hands is good at this.

Kmlkmljkl
Sep 21, 2014

AT NIGHT I GET SO LONELY I JERK IT FURIOUSLY TO THE SIMS
Yes let me catch this extremely heavy vehicle with my hands. Genius.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Filed, yet again, under, "WHAT DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN?"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:stonklol:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Filed, yet again, under, "WHAT DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN?"

What if it would have double flipped back on to its tires? Would be a pretty neat trick to do :cool:

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
In a kitchen, breaking people out of the habit of trying to catch falling knives is one of the harder things I try to do. I'd imagine the same mindset applies to trying to catch a falling truck with your hands.

emf
Aug 1, 2002

Confirming my prejudice that mufflerfucklers are either savants of spatial problem solving who could assemble a plate of spaghetti out of metal tubes, or guys so dumb they're never sure which is the IN end of a pipe and which is OUT.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

In a kitchen, breaking people out of the habit of trying to catch falling knives is one of the harder things I try to do. I'd imagine the same mindset applies to trying to catch a falling truck with your hands.

I did that once with a throwing knife target. I tried to catch it as it fell toward me and got it by the blade sticking out.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

We can completely erase 30 years of wanting to catch falling things, or maybe we can make situations where knives and cars aren't falling.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

MRC48B posted:

If they pipe it correctly, such that the floor drain is upstream of the shower drain trap, it's never an issue, assuming you aren't a gross goon and use the shower regularly.

Yeah, trust me that did not actually make the smell go away. And fwiw I did dump a couple of glasses of water down the floor drain, that did nothing either.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Fun story, I was loading a pump shaft with a steel impeller into my truck. I had the pump body in one hand, and the shaft/impeller in the other and had to lift the back window of the canopy to put them in the box, so i put the pump shaft on the bumper. It slipped off, and i tried to soften the fall with my foot, as you do. ~85lbs of solid steel falling into maybe 2 square inches.

Linked for toe gore: :nws: :nms:
https://i.imgur.com/lpEBBf2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0Di69Dn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/HraysQB.jpg

I drove for 45 minutes in heavy traffic in a 6 speed diesel before finally giving up and going to the hospital. After waiting for nearly 2 hours, the nurse brought me in and took off my shoe and it was filled with blood. She said i should have said it was serious and they would have brought me in right away. It took over a year for the toenail to grow back at all, and nearly 2 for it to grow back as a regular toenail. Since then i've pretty much only worn steel toed boots, and get the gently caress out of the way no matter what i drop.

I pulled a rusty old pump off the ground and got 3 good years out of it for like $150, so i guess it was all worth it.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 27, 2019

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Powershift posted:

Fun story, I was loading a pump shaft with a steel impeller into my truck. I had the pump body in one hand, and the shaft/impeller in the other and had to lift the back window of the canopy to put them in the box, so i put the pump shaft on the bumper. It slipped off, and i tried to soften the fall with my foot, as you do. ~85lbs of solid steel falling into maybe 2 square inches.

I have a strong stomach, but those photos made me have to take a couple extra breaths. Goddamn, dude.

I lost a toenail once because I'm almost inevitably barefoot, and someone backed into me and lifted the nail clean off my big toe. The real OSHA/Health Care Horror part was when I put dry gauze on the wound...and then tried to peel it off the next day. PROTIP: DON'T DO THAT. Use some antiseptic goop upon application, and/or soak it off in warm water.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cojawfee posted:

Well done baka

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

No word yet as to how, but a crane collapsed in downtown seattle about an hour and a half ago. 4 dead so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jiFK5erVX4

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Holy poo poo that's awful. Looks like it's the new Amazon buildings, which i think (?) are unoccupied yet so at least it's not as bad as it could've been :(

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Did an amazon AI automatically fire everyone involved?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That's why you don't piss off Alexa.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
correction, it's the new Google site that's being built

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I just now noticed they're both wearing flip-flops. Again, what did they think would happen here?

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

Hooplah posted:

No word yet as to how, but a crane collapsed in downtown seattle about an hour and a half ago. 4 dead so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jiFK5erVX4

cf. Bellevue, 2006

https://komonews.com/news/local/crane-collapse-in-bellevue-killed-one-in-2006

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Powershift posted:

After waiting for nearly 2 hours, the nurse brought me in and took off my shoe and it was filled with blood. She said i should have said it was serious and they would have brought me in right away.

A few years back I spent 9 hours waiting in a emergency room. Went to my local doctor first, who wrote me a note and said I needed to go right to ER.
When I eventually got to a doctor I got a loving lecture. Apparently I should have brought it to their attention if I was coughing up blood. I was literally being blamed for being made to sit there all night.

I was on the verge of passing out but I poo poo that oval office up midsentance with two words. I. Did.
Was in surgery a few hours later.

While I have a lot of respect for nurses and the triage process, they can sometimes be worthless too.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Please don’t poo poo up cunts. In addition to being fairly misogynistic, it is also grossly unsanitary.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Since dumbass youtubers with guns came up a couple pages ago, I just stumbled over a dumbass youtuber with swords. Basically it's a channel about a dude hitting various reproductions of medieval armour with various medieval weapons to see what happens. It's not the least bit scientific, but it's usually fairly entertaining to watch. Now this time around he was testing a particular kind of shield, and figured that to make the test more accurate, they should simulate somebody holding that shield by its grip so that it'd accurately flex and move against a strike.

So how'd he simulate it? Just by straight up having an actual guy hold the shield up while he swung and threw axes at it. Without any other sort of protective equipment to be seen. :psyduck:

https://i.imgur.com/7nR4xeD.mp4

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grundulum posted:

Please don’t poo poo up cunts. In addition to being fairly misogynistic, it is also grossly unsanitary.

This reminds me of a GIF (that doesn't feature cunts).

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Perestroika posted:

So how'd he simulate it? Just by straight up having an actual guy hold the shield up while he swung and threw axes at it. Without any other sort of protective equipment to be seen. :psyduck:

No protective equipment? The guy's clearly holding a shield. :downsrim:

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Spotted in the wild yesterday in Cleveland Heights, OH...

OK, I guess this is fine.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

This reminds me of a GIF (that doesn't feature cunts).

:justpost:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There's an interesting YouTube on spears being more useful than swords for ye olden combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afqhBODc_8U

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That video is bollocks. It discounts training and technique, and the swords are essentially toys. A lot like that guy's other videos it only seems reasonable if you don't look too hard and don't know about the subject.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Spotted in the wild yesterday in Cleveland Heights, OH...

OK, I guess this is fine.
Most of those poles are redundant so the immediate goal is just to get the weight off the tensioned cables.

I vaguely remember an OSHA.gif of a pole being braced to it's own stump with visqueen and tape but maybe I dreamed it.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Pasco posted:

A failed welding job, followed by a more expensive truckfuckling than usual:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/1121714194385076224

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/1121721151150014465

F1 cars cost around $15 million though this is a Williams shitbox so maybe more like $5 million
If that twitter vid fails for anyone else ABC have it...
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-27/loose-drain-cover-causes-havoc-disrupts-f1-practice-azerbaijan/11051430

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

zedprime posted:

Most of those poles are redundant so the immediate goal is just to get the weight off the tensioned cables.

I vaguely remember an OSHA.gif of a pole being braced to it's own stump with visqueen and tape but maybe I dreamed it.

Yeah, depending on the type of pole, if it's just one pole between to spans in the same direction, then the tension on the strand can still keep poo poo off the ground in a lot of cases. This one looks like it's not totally severed; the board will probably be good enough to handle the vertical load (They even used through-bolts! :thumbsup:) until the pole can be replaced. That's the fun part - those poles usually have strands for multiple utilities mounted to them, and they all have to send their own repair crews *after* whoever owns the pole replaces it. And they have to coordinate with each other. And all of it usually requires emergency traffic control plans with lane closures, etc.

That inspection tag is a nice touch, tbh.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Carbon dioxide posted:

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aB0vQWN_460svvp9.webm

im the guy who attempts a sliding tackle on the horse

toast always lands jam side down

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Thank you and drat that sucks lol

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Fallows posted:

Thank you and drat that sucks lol
It is always funny to watch major international sports set up an event in Bribeville and then react with shock and indignation when it turns out local facilities aren't up to snuff.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Rent-A-Cop posted:

It is always funny to watch major international sports set up an event in Bribeville and then react with shock and indignation when it turns out local facilities aren't up to snuff.

Baku is just insanity because they act surprised when someone crashes at the narrow bit that goes between two castle walls. I can't imagine what the mason who built that castle 300 years ago or whenever would think about race cars going through there. F1 can't go to a bunch of actual race tracks because they don't meet the safety standards, but you can throw some tire walls around town, pay FOM a hundred million dollars and then you've got Lewis Hamilton crashing his car outside your apartment window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Rent-A-Cop posted:

OSHA: local facilities are up to snuff