Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://i.imgur.com/ZoPPbzU.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I hope that was mud

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

I hope that was mud

Search your heart. What does it tell you to be true?

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Cojawfee posted:

I hope that was mud

It's the OSHA thread why would it be anything other than the worst possible thing

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Workplace accident claims life at Vancouver Lawn Tennis and Badminton Club

I mean… how? The only thing that I can think of is electrocution.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lazyhound posted:

Clearly

the article posted:

"We know this comes as a shock, especially to his colleagues. Counselling services are being made available to staff members," the note read.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lazyhound posted:

It says he died during a procedure to dismantle an inflatable structure, maybe he got Byford Dolphined.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Cojawfee posted:

I hope that was mud
:itwaspoo:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Lazyhound posted:

Mighta slipped into the pool and got trapped under the bubble and drowned :shrug:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

See, that's how I would display my wealth if I were a billionaire. I would recruit unemployed people to act as living* gargoyles on my estates.

*not very long

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

haveblue posted:

It says he died during a procedure to dismantle an inflatable structure, maybe he got Byford Dolphined.
The article says "The bubbles, or domes, are kept up with air pressure and deflate slowly when they are being taken down.", so I doubt there was enough delta-P to do that. My thought is just that he got trapped under one of those bubbles and smothered/crushed.

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

darthbob88 posted:

The article says "The bubbles, or domes, are kept up with air pressure and deflate slowly when they are being taken down.", so I doubt there was enough delta-P to do that.
Yeah the pressure inside those domes is only about 0.04 psi

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Captain Cool posted:

Yeah the pressure inside those domes is only about 0.04 psi

So I guess he didn't have his space suit on :v:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

chitoryu12 posted:

Had a meeting with OSHA officials yesterday at the Department of Labor. Made a joke about West Virginia. They sighed and chuckled knowingly.

That state has a reputation.

You know that the toothbrush was invented in West Virginia, right? Otherwise it would be called a teethbrush

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I left something out of my previous post: You're more likely to get hyperalgesia from improperly timed dosing. Taking opioids every 8 hours or whatever causes a cycle of relief and withdrawals that fucks with the bodies ability to regulate pain.

There's been a resurgence in round the clock dosing with time released acetomenophen that outperforms most opioids, especially when combined with a long half life NSAID like Meloxicam or Nabutome and then maybe a sodium or calcium channel blocker like gabapentin, pregabalin or baclofen.

Opioids are alright for short term pain relief in extreme situations but they often cause worse outcomes because people take them and try and power through an injury rather than resting and doing physical therapy and then they cripple themselves.

Armacham posted:

Yeah for backpain you can just get a MMJ card in most states for little or no effort or proof anyway

The mechanism of action of MMJ for pain is likely CBD which actually has no action on the cannabinoid receptors whatsoever and acts on sodium channels like gabapentin, pregabalin or baclofen.

Moist von Lipwig fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 25, 2019

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Good lord what an idiot.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

:aaaaa:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Truck takes out a traffic light because the snow added a few feet to it's height

https://youtu.be/Ui3vdu8_GYY

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Humphreys posted:

In case you are new to the thread - I work for a gas company and my house is within the limits of 'is this person or dust'.

So is maybe 30k others from the last time I bothered to check. This is NOT my cheap rear end short manifesto. I can't find a way to bring more idiots I actually want to die within the radius and people I like out. Yet.

Oh, sweet, RIP.

you should get one of those emergency earthquake beds that cuts your leg off if a truck drives by your house.

Whooping Crabs posted:

Truck takes out a traffic light because the snow added a few feet to it's height

https://youtu.be/Ui3vdu8_GYY

"this is a thing i should follow closely behind" ~smart brained people

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
I just want to thank the Truckfucklers in this thread.

This page is a solid 5 as have been hundreds before. This though is possibly the best I've seen in years.

the right amount of pedantic information combined with terrible examples, painful accidents, classic photos, and dad jokes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

zip ties AND cling wrap, that poo poo ain't goin nowhere.

Pyroclastic posted:

Encountered this driving back home from Seattle the other day:

He was going about 60 and was in the slow lane, but there's gotta be some sort of law about poo poo like this.

He upgraded!

Maybe it's like that old joke about smuggling bicycles. He's not transporting pallets, he's stealing cars and using the pallets as a distraction.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 26, 2019

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Powershift posted:

zip ties AND cling wrap, that poo poo ain't goin nowhere.

INFRA live-action adaptation looking good!

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006

GotLag posted:

INFRA live-action adaptation looking good!

Is that any good? The trailer makes it look like Bioshock except you're an OSHA inspector.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

mactheknife posted:

It's the OSHA thread why would it be anything other than the worst possible thing

Look on the bright side, maybe it's an entire truck full of chocolate cake batter!

It's the final dollops of... stuff that fall out as the camera pans back that are :discourse:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

BlueBlazer posted:

the right amount of pedantic information combined with terrible examples, painful accidents, classic photos, and dad jokes.

A mill worker walks into a bar and holds up two fingers. "Bartender! 4 beers!"

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Craptacular posted:

Tannerite is fun but don't put it inside or on things that will make shrapnel.

"Why TFR doesn't hold meetups anymore" reason number 1.

(somebody packed a wooden box full of tannerite, exploded it, and sent shrapnel into another dude)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You're not allowed buying or selling explosives*

*unless you say you're using them as a toy!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

MisterOblivious posted:

(somebody packed a wooden box full of tannerite, exploded it, and sent shrapnel into another dude)

There's footage of that incident somewhere.

It's about as goony as you'd imagine.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Powershift posted:

You're not allowed buying or selling explosives*

*unless you say you're using them as a toy!

I think you will find that tannerite is actually a very serious training aid.

:goonsay:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Platystemon posted:

I think you will find that tannerite is actually a very serious training aid.

:goonsay:

Training people to sew legs back on?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Grandma Panic! posted:

Is that any good? The trailer makes it look like Bioshock except you're an OSHA inspector.

The trailers are weird, but the game is good. You play as a structural engineer in Totally Not Finland sent to document a city's crumbling infrastructure after a huge corruption scandal and decades of lack of maintenance and (often drunken) incompetence on all levels. It's just you with your hardhat, flashlight and camera, and while there's no fighting it's definitely possible to die.

I love the game a lot, but then I love exploration and puzzle games Sometimes the writing's a little cheesy and the voice acting is... questionable, but honestly for me that adds to the charm. It's mostly linear but there's some minor branching depending on a few actions taken (or not taken).

TL;DR: Imagine the Black Mesa facility from Half-Life or Aperture Science from Portal, but instead of an alien invasion it's a safety audit.

Edit: one of the other reviewers on Steam describes it as "urbex meets OSHA" and that's probably as good a summary as anything

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

A failed welding job, followed by a more expensive truckfuckling than usual:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/1121714194385076224

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/1121721151150014465

F1 cars cost around $15 million though this is a Williams shitbox so maybe more like $5 million

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/RichardHammerTV/status/1121574038286032897

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

The 11 foot 8 bridge is now actively hunting prey.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pasco posted:

A failed welding job, followed by a more expensive truckfuckling than usual:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/1121714194385076224

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/1121721151150014465

F1 cars cost around $15 million though this is a Williams shitbox so maybe more like $5 million

There's at least three F1 thread posters here in this thread.

I laughed when I heard the news.

iospace fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 26, 2019

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

MisterOblivious posted:

I know, I was there.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Beef posted:

In the EU you're pretty certain Pyrex is actually borosilicate glass instead of the cheaper tempered soda lime glass.

It's just as good!! (small print: don't put in a microwave)

I guess OSHA doesn't apply to home kitchens?
https://gizmodo.com/the-pyrex-glass-controversy-that-just-wont-die-1833040962

As an aside you can tell the difference by the color of the glass. The soda-lime glass has a slightly blue tint when viewed on-edge. The borosilicate stuff I've used has a yellowish tint from similar angles.

A few months ago the extremely OSHA stack of glass serving bowls and metal mixing bowls with a couple of glass baking dishes on top in my cabinet decided to become a yurt, and in the resultant avalanche of glass shards the metal bowls and the glass bakeware both survived the 5 feet to the floor.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

This might not be something that can be precisely measured, but outside of long-range missile bombardment or nuclear strike, what's the most expensive kind of warfare to field?
Like, one torpedo takes out a destroyer, the right amount of loose wire takes out a helicopter, everything about the F-35, just the sheer amount of money poured into Coalition forces versus largely destitute terrorist organizations in Bush's illegal war, it kinda seems like everything the military produces can be rendered inoperable with surprisingly cheap tools.

:chaostrump:

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Grandma Panic! posted:

SelenicMartian recently finished up an LP, check it out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This seems like a decidedly bad way to teach firearms safety.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=uqhxJ_1556171587