Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Another Bill posted:

Who calls it that, blind cartographers or something

Anne calls it that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I used to live and work in PEI, all this inane musing about PEI is way off. Let me set the record straight, PEI is the worst. To quote a friend, "it's as if New Brunswick had a little New Brunswick of its own."

It is a Potemkin village based around the spectacle of Anne of Green Gables and "rural charm and quaintness." There is no real culture there, its just lovely tourist traps filled with made in China garbage. In the Winter all the shop owners move back to Quebec and Ontario and the whole province is literally shuttered. They can't even keep potato processing plants open there. The community I lived in had an official unemployment rate of over 25%, and an average age over 55.

That said, being in Southern Ontario atm I really miss the cost of living. If I stayed I would have been able to buy a nice house for well under 100k. I once looked at a 1.5 story farmhouse that was asking 45k.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
when i was a child all i knew about prince edward island was that it was an island full of potatoes and now ive realized i was a pretty smart child

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Fun Fact: Gleaning is still practiced in PEI.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
2 non-conservative premiers left in canada pending the pcs ability to gain confidence in pei. 1 more non-con faces election in less than a month

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

DariusLikewise posted:

2 non-conservative premiers left in canada pending the pcs ability to gain confidence in pei. 1 more non-con faces election in less than a month

Trudeau made the entire country conservative. Best PM ever.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
John Horgan will bare knuckle fight all of em.

come on John unleash the beast

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

DariusLikewise posted:

Can't wait until they repeal the Charter

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

:smith:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Another Bill posted:

Can't wait until they repeal the Charter

why repeal it when you could rewrite it to say life begins at conception, there are only two genders, and government healthcare is unconstitutional?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

vyelkin posted:

why repeal it when you could rewrite it to say life begins at conception, there are only two genders, and government healthcare is unconstitutional?

You left out enshrining property rights but yeah basically

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Trudeau made the entire country conservative. Best PM ever.

Yeah, we're hosed

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

timing the carbon tax to take effect at the same time when gas companies jack up the prices for spring has to be probably one of the stupidest things a government has done purely from an optics presepective

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DariusLikewise posted:

timing the carbon tax to take effect at the same time when gas companies jack up the prices for spring has to be probably one of the stupidest things a government has done purely from an optics presepective

Election year is the best time to implement a controversial new tax on everything.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Rutibex posted:

Election year is the best time to implement a controversial new tax on everything.

No but I think you'll find the Liberals have built up enough social license, so

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

or maybe their extortionate prices are a political play this time, and not just regular greed

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Virtual Russian posted:

I used to live and work in PEI, all this inane musing about PEI is way off. Let me set the record straight, PEI is the worst. To quote a friend, "it's as if New Brunswick had a little New Brunswick of its own."

It is a Potemkin village based around the spectacle of Anne of Green Gables and "rural charm and quaintness." There is no real culture there, its just lovely tourist traps filled with made in China garbage. In the Winter all the shop owners move back to Quebec and Ontario and the whole province is literally shuttered. They can't even keep potato processing plants open there. The community I lived in had an official unemployment rate of over 25%, and an average age over 55.

That said, being in Southern Ontario atm I really miss the cost of living. If I stayed I would have been able to buy a nice house for well under 100k. I once looked at a 1.5 story farmhouse that was asking 45k.

just moved away from PEI after years and this checks pretty much out

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
peter bevan baker is pretty cool for a dentist

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Rutibex posted:

theyre betting the sticker shock of higher gas prices in spring will be outweighed by cheques appearing in the mail in summer but its a hell of a risky bet because if they lose then conservatives rewrite the charter

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/wpgpolice/status/1121116415426203648

What the gently caress Winnipeg

And here's our responsible media, just asking questions!

https://twitter.com/globalwinnipeg/status/1121439702689746945

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

DE 👏 FUND 👏 CBC 👏👏👏
https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1121776653988921345

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

why

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Another Bill posted:

https://twitter.com/wpgpolice/status/1121116415426203648

What the gently caress Winnipeg

And here's our responsible media, just asking questions!

https://twitter.com/globalwinnipeg/status/1121439702689746945

i feel like if you're a reporter and you have to deal with the police and they say "oh yeah this hate crime was staged, turns out they did it to themselves" you're fuckin obligated to be like "oh huh what makes you say that" and even if the police dont fuckin say you fuckin print "police declined to offer explanation for this, stating concerns to an ongoing investigation. false crime reports comprise one billionth of one percent of all crime reports so police sayin this poo poo is real fuckin absurd."

but i mean i guess that would get me kicked out of needing to deal with the police real quick and probably out of a job

gently caress's sake

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:allears:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 01:03 on Jun 16, 2021

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Virtual Russian posted:

So Cape Breton is better than somewhere?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
:siren: important news :siren: in an attempt to reverse their dropping stock, tim hortons coffee has now consistently regained Mcdicks level quality

at least out here in BC

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Blood Boils posted:

:siren: important news :siren: in an attempt to reverse their dropping stock, tim hortons coffee has now consistently regained Mcdicks level quality

at least out here in BC

yeah but to get it you have to actually go to a tim horton’s though. Everything about those places is bad.

For me McDonalds coffee has effectively killed starbucks for me, pretty decent for less and faster/easier service (plus drivethru!)

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blood Boils posted:

at least out here in BC

Tim Hortons is such a crapshoot, its like 1 out of every 25 cups of coffee, the skies align and the coffee is fresh but not burnt, and the cream isn't spoiled, and its actually a fantastic cup of joe.

But most times you leave disappointed and regretting the cardboard bagel you got with it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > C-SPAM: it means "central spam" > Canada SPAM - we can't tell truth from bullshit or coffee from horsepiss

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
more like Canada SPAM - sir, this is a Tim Hortons drive through

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
all you coffee drinkers need to develop a real drug problem

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

once climate change hits coffee I have no idea what I’ll do :ohdear:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

priznat posted:

once climate change hits coffee I have no idea what I’ll do :ohdear:

maybe we'll be able to grow coffee in north battleford

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Powershift posted:

maybe we'll be able to grow coffee in north battleford

if climate change wipes out saskatoon berries it wont be all bad I suppose

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

priznat posted:

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
It's not just the climate, it's the spread of fungi causing coffee leaf rust, coffee berry disease, and coffee wilt disease

:(

Climate does affect the spread but the author's didn't quite make the link. Here's hoping Ontario becomes a fertile ground for coffee plantations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

if global warming is real how come it's cold

Also, lol@Ontario beocming anything other than a toxic waste dump

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

So Cape Breton is better than somewhere?

I'm very tempted to say yes, but alas, I have spent time in Glace Bay. Too hard to call.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
today in weird liberal astroturfing: a tweet definitely written by a grandmother

https://twitter.com/merry123459/status/1122143129870721024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

priznat posted:

what the gently caress