Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Do we learn his name soon, I'm tired of calling him the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

E: Dunno if that's too much info

Yes we do.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

comedyblissoption posted:

Based on what's been shown so far, I think you can come up with multiple interpretations of how his ability works and they're still all consistent. I think the key thing is that the world of "skipped time" is like entering the court of the crimson king where the user has extra abilities during the skipped time.

One interpretation is seeing it like a video editor type ability where you lay out what happens frame by frame like on a tape reel, and the user can selectively make themselves corporeal/incorporeal during the skipped time like they were taking out their character cel.

Another interpretation is that the skipped time always makes the user incorporeal and able to freely move around, but there's still a simulacron of the user that is corporeal and that other people in the skipped time act as if was real. This would explain enemies continuing to punch at king crimson as if he's still there. The simulacron acts as if they weren't skipping time. This could also mean aerosmith's bullets passed through the simulacron before hitting risotto.

Alternatively it's just a very broad "only keep the results you want" power.

There's probably lots of other interpretations consistent with the events so far.

But your explanation as to why it’s consistent is essentially that it’s consistently inconsistent, which I guess is true but not really the point being made?

Boss clearly has a bunch of different powers for interacting with the skipped time but they’re not clearly defined and so most of his interactions in fights feel like bullshit as a result, because you can’t logically think about what he’s going to do based on the limitations of his power.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

JahRoo posted:

Boss clearly has a bunch of different powers for interacting with the skipped time but they’re not clearly defined and so most of his interactions in fights feel like bullshit as a result, because you can’t logically think about what he’s going to do based on the limitations of his power.
https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/744324202820304896

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Grapplejack posted:

Fortunately, yes. I've had to edit so many of my posts due to slips. :argh:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's easy, his name is oippod

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's easy, his name is oippod

Jojo part 5: The Oippod Crisis

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Tunicate posted:

I am Giorno Giovanni, and I have a dream.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kikas posted:

I just figured he changed the rock underneath to do a cover-up.

Also yeah the episode hits hard cause it's not really shown that Doppio is one of the kids until at the very last moment you see him run past and before you can finish thinking "Oh hey this kid has the same hair colo-OH FU" Abbachio gets loving bodied. I certainly wasn't expecting that angle of attack so kudos on that. And goddamn they do good in portraying King Crimson as ANGRY. Every single move you see, even in the arms Doppio had, there's pure fury and hatred behind them, like noone in Jojo up to this point. King Crimson is absolutely livid 100% of the time and that's terrifying.

I do find extremely hillarous (and hope someone ilustrates it) that the last action of Moody Blues was just "slam my loving face into the pillar". :allears:

If Stands are a reflection of the soul of their user then it's impressive that the Boss manages to get through the the day without killing more people than he already does.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

yeah actually they will posted:

bruno mustve bit down pretty hard on his lip to get that blood out. on account of there being no blood when he pierced his whole hand through with a nail and all

He still has blood inside him, he just has no blood pressure since his heart isn't beating so he bleeds very little.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I need the entirety of this twitter remade by dubbing over scenes from the anime

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Really can just sum up the episode with this. https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/762464208021708801

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tetracube posted:

I need the entirety of this twitter remade by dubbing over scenes from the anime

gently caress, now so do I

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Grapplejack posted:

His name is Boss. Not even the author knows his real name.

...wait, poo poo, wrong Boss.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

His name is John. John Doe.

His mom calls him Jack.

The US government calls him Big Boss.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I was reminded of this recently, so I thought I'd share this classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDYaHvDiTr4

Tunicate posted:

Drooges....

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

This is a first time a tweet had me legitimately burst out laughing.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Abbacchio being the one guy who doesn't accept Giorno's bullshit powers is the best thing.

RIP.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
King Crimson it erases up to 10 seconds of time and any events during and leaves only the results. Only the boss can adjust what he was doing when he skipped, and his sub stand Epitaph lets him see 10 seconds into future which allows him to avoid near anything he finds disadvantageous.

It's actually pretty simple when you put it down like that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Why is "Doppio gets shot" an "event" that gets skipped and not a "result" that doesn't?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Arist posted:

Why is "Doppio gets shot" an "event" that gets skipped and not a "result" that doesn't?

Jellyfish.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Boss your power is so loving stupid. I loving hate you so much stop using it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Arist posted:

Cause he erased it. Doppio and Risotto get shot, 0.5 seconds of time is erased so only Risotto gets shot.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Arist posted:

The "event" is "Narancia tells his Stand to shoot at this point". That happens. The "result" would have been "Doppio gets shot" but instead it was "Nero gets shot." It is interesting to consider if that would have worked if Narancia was actually right there and trying to volare via him, I don't know if we'll find out or not

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Funky Valentine posted:

Boss your power is so loving stupid. I loving hate you so much stop using it.

There's a reason Boss goes through so much trouble to hide who he is and what his stand does!

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
If an event gets erased then it wouldn't have any results because it would never have happened!!!!!!!!!!!

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

If an event gets erased then it wouldn't have any results because it would never have happened!!!!!!!!!!!

He didn't erase Narancia's shooting, he erased the time when it would have hit him, and moved out of the way during the removed time.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Madmarker posted:

He didn't erase Narancia's shooting, he erased the time when it would have hit him, and moved out of the way during the removed time.

You can't move "during" time that no longer exists!!!!!

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

You can't move "during" time that no longer exists!!!!!

Thats exactly his power.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

In this world, only the results remain. This is the Boss's mentality, so this is his stand. This is in direct opposition to the gang's mentality, so this element of his character and therefor his stand gets to do whatever it takes to really lean into it.

It's like every version of Kira's stand being a get out of jail free card, even to a completely ridiculous extent like Bite the Dust. For major antagonists it's always more important that their stand operates as an extension of what they represent and poo poo than for them to be a singularly solvable puzzle.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 28, 2019

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You don't need to move in erased time if you can see the future anyway. You only need to manipulate events to be what you need and the fact you can see that future means you can do that reliably.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
except the boss says multiple times that epitaph's predictions can't be changed during the metallica fight. unless maybe you do it in such a way that it's dramatically ironic

e: I mean I guess you could use the prediction to influence events afterwards but I dunno I just don't like the way king crimson is used

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

somepartsareme posted:

except the boss says multiple times that epitaph's predictions can't be changed during the metallica fight. unless maybe you do it in such a way that it's dramatically ironic

e: I mean I guess you could use the prediction to influence events afterwards but I dunno I just don't like the way king crimson is used

He also says that it's just because it's only Epitaph, and if he was to be the dominant personality he would be able to "erase" time and presumably just wreck Risotto.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Time to break out the great philosopher and trashman himself, Slavoj Zizek, to end the debate once and for all on How King Crimson Works

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Grapplejack posted:

I was reminded of this recently, so I thought I'd share this classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDYaHvDiTr4

Now I know what this arc is missing: someone (Mista) saying Giorno's mom is hot.

Schwarzwald posted:

There's a reason Boss goes through so much trouble to hide who he is and what his stand does!

No one can call bullshit on your Stand power if they don't know what it does. :smuggo:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do prefer KC's anime colour scheme to its manga one. It looks much cleaner without the yellow.

Come to think of it, what are you folks' fave Stand designs so far? Not in terms of powers, but their actual appearance.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Purple Haze and Grateful Dead are pretty great. And the sound design for Moody Blues is amazing.

EDIT: Speaking of different color schemes in the anime, Aerosmith is usually portrayed as blue and purple. I think the anime version looks better.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 28, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I we thinking across all the parts so far, but if all of your favourites are from Vento Aureo, I ain't gonna judge.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh you mean all the stands in the anime so far? That's tough since there are so many. I guess I'll make it easier by doing my Top 3 of each part

Part 3: The World and Cream definitely. The last one is tough, it's a tie between Death 13 and Horus I guess.
Part 4: There aren't actually that many stands in this part compared to others so it's easier(and some don't really have a physical form). Top 3 are Killer Queen, Heaven's Door, and RHCP.
Part 5: Grateful Dead and Black Sabbath, with the final one being a secret for now. I mentioned Purple Haze before but it's more the presentation of it with the growling and drooling than the actual design.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I like Killer Queen because I find the fact that it is a cat man with a really funny expression very entertaining