Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Antivehicular posted:

To be fair to this doofus, his wife didn't want him eating in the car.
His wife specifically did want him eating in the car

quote:

I waited until the last second to get ready so she offered to drive saying, "I'll drive so you can eat on the way to the event" (20 minute drive). I was on my phone most of the drive and waited until we were in the parking lot to pull out my breakfast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Imagine having a delicious breakfast sandwich in your hands and ignoring it to play words with friends or whatever

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Motronic posted:

Oh wow, there is an update in the post history:

(Update) I guess all the trolls who ripped me apart yesterday for commiting the mortal sin of wanting to ride horses will be happy to know my sister kicked me out and I'm basically homeless. Thanks Reddit! You rule! (self.relationship_advice)

submitted 4 months ago by Jizzmoperto /relationship_advice

58 commentssharesavehidereport[removed by moderators]nsfb

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

This is glorious.

Inject this right into my veins.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Motronic posted:

(Update) I guess all the trolls who ripped me apart yesterday for commiting the mortal sin of wanting to ride horses will be happy to know my sister kicked me out and I'm basically homeless. Thanks Reddit! You rule! (self.relationship_advice)

I really hope this is a troll because this sounds like the most miserable person ever.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Imagine having a delicious breakfast sandwich in your hands and ignoring it to play words with friends or whatever

Like I have two hands and I can eat and play poo poo cell phone games at the same time.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

TheManWithNoName posted:

I really hope this is a troll because this sounds like the most miserable person ever.
If it was just the posts I'd suspect it was a troll, but there are so many defensive comments on all three posts (horse post is three months before concert post) that I think it's real.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

TheManWithNoName posted:

I think angry entitled loser (often with self-inflicted health problems) willing to blame everyone and accept no part in their own situation is a universal human archetype. We have one in the White House, for example.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

ad090 posted:

AITA for grounding my daughter for a year for a punishment?

My biggest concern here is I feel like the mom's left herself no room at all to escalate to. I mean, if you've taken away literally all of her privileges and grounded her for a year (which is practically eternity to a teenager), what the hell are you going to do to her if she sneaks out of the house or just doesn't come straight home from school? Put her on double-grounding?

Taking away her allowance could backfire hilariously too; now an older dude with money has even more potential influence over her.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Motronic posted:

:unsmith:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

MarcusSA posted:

Oh my god those comments.

It’s science bro!

I’m literally dying over here.

quote:

I’m not a scientist but I know what the current research says it’s indisputable that weight gain is 100% genetics.

I rolled my eyes so hard, I think one of my retinas detached. I guess people reading her AITA post looked into her post history and are trashing on her.

She sounds like one of those 'woe is me; nothing is ever my fault!' types.

And I imagine her having the voice and disposition of Droopy Dog.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
how did she manage to walk up to her doorstep with those knees

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I know right, haha

*chuckles nervously, glances at right hand*

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

I rolled my eyes so hard, I think one of my retinas detached. I guess people reading her AITA post looked into her post history and are trashing on her.

I like how she wants a management job with like no experience what so ever besides 200k worth of debt.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

You loving stop your blasphemy right now mister/missus

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Not defending horse-maimer with bad knees, but you can absolutely be an obese person with anorexia.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

If only she didn’t drink so many mochas. She could have been riding horses soul searching this whole time, planning her next mooch instead of being foisted onto the parents.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Motronic posted:

I'm glad that her sister is doing better and that her niece has been diverted from the path of diabetes before age 10

Fuuuuuuuck I love the entitlement in all of these posts
- Can't get a job because of Trump, not because she's a worthless whiny baby
- Can't ride a horse because the sister giving her a roof over her head is just a bitch, not because she's fat
- Morbid obesity has nothing to do with slurping down Starbucks frappes
- Claims to own part of the sister's house for ~~reasons~~
- Can't pack her own bags cause that's hard work
- Refuses a free ride, demands they pay for an uber
- Decides that actually she just got kicked out because her sister is selfish, not because she's been an unappreciative rear end in a top hat who's been mooching for 6 months, basically ending with "well my nephew wants me to continue mooching"

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

DreamingofRoses posted:

Not defending horse-maimer with bad knees, but you can absolutely be an obese person with anorexia.

Indeed but this poster, who wrote "I love sweets and have to keep a bunch of them in my room" and "I introduced them to the pure joy of chocolate milk and white chocolate mochas from Starbucks" does not have anorexia

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

LadyPictureShow posted:

I have noticed that people like this do not seem to think they have agency or power to change their own circumstances. They always talk about what happened to them or what other people did to them, but never what they did, are doing, or are going to do with respect to their situation.

If you know someone who always has such bad luck and bad things are always happening to them, for extended periods of time, it is generally 100% their own drat fault.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

I'm glad that her sister is doing better and that her niece has been diverted from the path of diabetes before age 10

Fuuuuuuuck I love the entitlement in all of these posts
- Can't get a job because of Trump, not because she's a worthless whiny baby
- Can't ride a horse because the sister giving her a roof over her head is just a bitch, not because she's fat
- Morbid obesity has nothing to do with slurping down Starbucks frappes
- Claims to own part of the sister's house for ~~reasons~~
- Can't pack her own bags cause that's hard work
- Refuses a free ride, demands they pay for an uber
- Decides that actually she just got kicked out because her sister is selfish, not because she's been an unappreciative rear end in a top hat who's been mooching for 6 months, basically ending with "well my nephew wants me to continue mooching"

You are forgetting the best one.

-Refuses a job because it’s not management.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Lots of good New Mexico content lately.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

MarcusSA posted:

Oh lord, and she linked a HAES article and said 'mic drop'.

This has to be some sort of 'entitled sadsack cover-all bingo'.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

She did not need to link the article for me to know she would refuse to hold a mic.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Motronic posted:

Thanks Reddit! You rule!

Yes it was those nasty reddit trolls all along, the real architects of her misfortune

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Barudak posted:

She did not need to link the article for me to know she would refuse to hold a mic.

Well yeah, it’s called standup comedy, not sit down comedy.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

MarcusSA posted:

No, the best part of that entire block of poo poo was "We got in a huge creaming match".

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

d3lness posted:

No, the best part of that entire block of poo poo was "We got in a huge creaming match".

That definitely wasn’t a typo.

Also for someone with 200k in school debt she can’t type for poo poo.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Motronic posted:

I hope they said to her, "gently caress you and the horse you didn't ride on"

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

A friend [29M] has made a serious accusation against my [27M] girlfriend [26F]

quote:

I don't know what to think. The situation is that a buddy I've known for a few years who is dating another friend of mine has informed me that my girlfriend that I've known for 8 months is lying about her occupation. He is an EMT and she claims to be a nurse at a certain hospital in our city. EMT buddy swears up and down there is no way she works there.

This is really shocking to me. She's in scrubs all of the time, I've picked her up from the hospital she claims to work at, she has medical books all over her apartment etcetera.

EMT buddy and my girlfriend have only met once on a double date with my other friend. They did talk shop a little bit and he's basing this accusation on that one conversation. He told me he would bet money she had never stepped foot on the ward she claims to work in. For reference, she says she's a psych nurse at this prestigious hospital and EMT buddy asked her which unit she worked on. Apparently there are two at this hospital, the "East" and "West" unit. He tested her by asking "do you work on "North" or "south" and she said, "north" and that she referred to patients being violent as a "code grey" and that is not the terminology used at that hospital. There were more small, technical details he claimed she got wrong like their nurse's stations being open and not enclosed spaces. Things like that.

On one hand, why would she lie about being a nurse? But also what does he gain from lying about her lying about being a nurse? I don't know jack about the medical profession, to be frank. This whole thing makes me feel crazy.

How do I even bring this up?

TLDR EMT friend has called out my girlfriend as pretending to be a nurse.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

MarcusSA posted:

That definitely wasn’t a typo.

Also for someone with 200k in school debt she can’t type for poo poo.

Maybe she flunked out of Le Cordon Bleu twice. Kicked out for eating all the ingredients.

Either that or she got kicked out of ITT Tech for refusing to acknowledge the laws of physics.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

A friend [29M] has made a serious accusation against my [27M] girlfriend [26F]

JFC just go into the hospital when she’s supposed to be working and bring her flowers or lunch or some poo poo.

If she’s there great if not then yeah....

It ain’t that hard.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

JFC just go into the hospital when she’s supposed to be working and bring her flowers or lunch or some poo poo.

It ain’t that hard.

This is like the easiest thing to solve and keep secret, so of course this loving idiot needs someone to mash up the solution for him and put it near his mouth until he screams for hours and they give up and serve him ignore your friend nuggets

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Imagine it being true. What a scary thing to realize that your partner is insane.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Imagine it being true. What a scary thing to realize that your partner is insane.

Given this thread has had it and other versions of it happen a lot, it probably is true.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

He's gonna find her there as a patient

joneswt
Feb 22, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

It ain’t that hard.

If she is lying, she might have chosen her fake specialty deliberately. Psych units are generally closed units and aren’t particularly friendly to unannounced visitors or random people asking about staff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

joneswt posted:

If she is lying, she might have chosen her fake specialty deliberately. Psych units are generally closed units and aren’t particularly friendly to unannounced visitors or random people asking about staff.

True but he could go inside and wait for her to come out of the unit when she’s done with work or whatever.

Dude has options and re reading the post I’m kinda inclined to believe the friend who he has known longer and made some good points.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Cousin Eddy?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Woodchip posted:

Cousin Eddy?

I would absolutely work at Cousin Eddies Used Car dealership and hot tub emporium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Willfrey posted:

Thanks Reddit! You rule!

Yes it was those nasty reddit trolls all along, the real architects of her misfortune

Maybe the sister read the reddit post and OP assumed that it was all of the comments that made the sister mad, not the things the OP wrote

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 28, 2019