Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

the kentucky quid posted:

I love looking at numbers without context. Concrete evidence right there.

Well the point of racing is achieving the highest finishing position you can, correct? There may be some missing context, but in the grand scheme of things race results are what matters. Having a faster practice or qualy session means nothing if you still lose in the end. Ask Ferrari how that works out for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

BubbaGrace posted:

Well the point of racing is achieving the highest finishing position you can, correct? There may be some missing context, but in the grand scheme of things race results are what matters. Having a faster practice or qualy session means nothing if you still lose in the end. Ask Ferrari how that works out for them.

in extremely all the British posters in the thread voice ACTUALLY Rosberg did not deserve to win 2016 you need to ignore the results!!!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

the kentucky quid posted:

in extremely all the British posters in the thread voice ACTUALLY Rosberg did not deserve to win 2016 you need to ignore the results!!!

If anything looking at the results makes Rosberg's championship look less legitimate. He didn't win as many races and only won by 5 points because Hamilton's engine failed in one race. That's the pure results.

In the real world Rosberg got hella inside Hamilton's head and made him melt down for half the season, risking his own marriage in the process because he had to pull out all the stops to do it. It's a great story and Rosberg deserves his championship, however mediocre he is as a driver.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Rosberg is literally James Hunt

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

If anything looking at the results makes Rosberg's championship look less legitimate. He didn't win as many races and only won by 5 points because Hamilton's engine failed in one race. That's the pure results.

In the real world Rosberg got hella inside Hamilton's head and made him melt down for half the season, risking his own marriage in the process because he had to pull out all the stops to do it. It's a great story and Rosberg deserves his championship, however mediocre he is as a driver.
No WDC is mediocre, as much as I can't stand some of them, you have to respect it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV3l8tzkPYI

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

What Rosberg had to do in addition to pure luck of reliability is just exemplify just how much of a GOAT Lewis Hamilton is.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Also that the prospect of racing against Lewis again in 2017 mentally destroyed him into retirement cause he went from Andy Kaufman performance of 1500quid's Lance Stroll gimmick to DoctorGonzo levels of alcoholism.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

djssniper posted:

No WDC is mediocre, as much as I can't stand some of them, you have to respect it

I do not have to, and will not respect Kimi Raikkonen or Jacques Villeneuve or Sebastian Vettel for that matter

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Also that the prospect of racing against Lewis again in 2017 mentally destroyed him into retirement cause he went from Andy Kaufman performance of 1500quid's Lance Stroll gimmick to DoctorGonzo levels of alcoholism.

Or he achieved what he set out to do, but his win didn't make him go on about his ex in post interviews

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I can’t wait for Bottas to Rosberg the championship away from Hamilton all 2016 style.

Powershift posted:

excuse you?

All I see is that Lance Stroll is poo poo.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I think you'll find that Stroll is the driver of the day

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

I do not have to, and will not respect Kimi Raikkonen or Jacques Villeneuve or Sebastian Vettel for that matter

TBH Kimis win was probably the opposite of every Scud loss since as McLaren hosed up a def win

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lewis will win tomorrow

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I think you'll find that Stroll is the driver of the day

I’m sorry to hear you have an extra chromosome

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Ok, so I'm watching the rest of qualifying now.

1. LOL at Leclerc - I think I went to bed just before this happened.
2. I bet Seb was laughing when he drove past knowing that he wont have to deal with team orders at the start of the race.
3. Would have liked both Mclaren's into Q3, but happy with Lando making it.
4. Great lap from Bottas!
5. Seb hitting the P3 sign at the end of the session.

Finally, lol Ferrari once again fail to capitalise on having the best car.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Tsaedje posted:

Everyone points to that engine failure, but that happens in a different race that Hamilton had won, and Hamilton survives that race and I think the narrative would've changed. One engine failure doesn't lose you a whole championship

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
Stroll driver of the day

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Rhopunzel posted:

Stroll driver of the day

Getting in on the ground floor of this Baku gem.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
at least i didnt eat a probie because of my toxx because are lance is such an utter pile of gently caress that he can't even make it out of q1

what an utter, abject failure

lance you imbecile, you utter moron, thank you for failing yet again you loser

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dont doxx me

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

at least i didnt eat a probie because of my toxx because are lance is such an utter pile of gently caress that he can't even make it out of q1

what an utter, abject failure

lance you imbecile, you utter moron, thank you for failing yet again you loser

Dammit Gonzo I was gonna let you take this one, but you blew it.

NICE MELTDOWN

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

The Croc posted:

Getting in on the ground floor of this Baku gem.

Well done Baku

Well done Stroll

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
What is it? Like 8 races in a row now hwere he's failed to get out of Q1?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Se7en

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Actually, just checked. It is indeed 8 times in a row now where he failed to get out of Q1.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

Actually, just checked. It is indeed 8 times in a row now where he failed to get out of Q1.

he's just saving his energy you nitwit

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rhopunzel posted:

he's just saving his energy you nitwit

He just doesn't realize that's the radio button.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

He just doesn't realize that's the radio button.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Time spent driving around needlessly in two more qualifying sessions, is time not spent with pop sensation Chloe Stroll.

That's the one good thing I'll say about Lance.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

djssniper posted:

Except Hill Jr and Villeneuve.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Khablam posted:

Time spent driving around needlessly in two more qualifying sessions, is time not spent with pop sensation Chloe Stroll.

That's the one good thing I'll say about Lance.

Chloe owns, Lance puts it in her pooper on the reg

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

:stonklol:

Also, are you sure its not the other way around. Chloe being the more successful of the two

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GramCracker posted:

what the gently caress?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

GramCracker posted:

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

More like Lance DROLL

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

freeranger posted:

:stonklol:

Also, are you sure its not the other way around. Chloe being the more successful of the two

Hmm fair point, you got me there

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Baku's layout looks like someone told a random person to draw the outline of a key, but with their non-dominant hand.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Baku's layout looks like someone told a random person to draw the outline of a key, but with their non-dominant hand.

Still beats Tilkedromes, which look like somebody tried training an AI on race tracks to make a good one, except only loaded Hockenheim and a 16 lane wide dubai highway into the program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Powershift posted:

Still beats Tilkedromes, which look like somebody tried training an AI on race tracks to make a good one, except only loaded Hockenheim and a 16 lane wide dubai highway into the program.

Not gonna disagree with that!