Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I don't even want to start on Dark/Fighting type Shiftless Urban Youth Pokemon With Saggy Pants.

Dark/Fighting is actually a pretty solid combo for Gen 5 - the Dark type covers the Fighting type's Psychic weakness pretty well. I used a Scrafty in my Pokemon Black playthrough, and it did pretty well.

Admittedly, once Fairy type was introduced, the combination does kind of get it in the shorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Not liking Golurk should be a permabannable offense.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
you should be able to hunt a Pokémon to extinction in a particular area imo

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I don't even want to start on Dark/Fighting type Shiftless Urban Youth Pokemon With Saggy Pants.

leave pancham alone

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

indigi posted:

but then where will i farm audinos

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

indigi posted:

I would like to see a Pokemon Snap sequel with a realistic ecosystem aka Pigeots hunting Bunearys

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Anyone who thinks the Klink line is lazy should take a long hard look at Magnemite.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Anyone who thinks the Klink line is lazy should take a long hard look at Magnemite.

Please no. Magnemite and Magneton are 4 very good boys and did not deserve Magnezone

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Magnezone is dumb but at least someone tried there. They tried their hearts out. Of course they failed but hey.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Farecoal posted:

I would like to see a Pokemon Snap sequel with a realistic ecosystem aka Pigeots hunting Bunearys

Please a realistic ecosystem would surely have Pidgeots hunting bug or grass types, why would it ignore the type advantage in order to hunt Bunearys?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Funky Valentine posted:

Ah yes all...four of them.

Four Regis, Claydol and Baltoy, and Golem. That's seven. Golem is called golem so he counts as a golem.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Golurk's design is pretty different from those guys.

E: I guess I can see some similarities with the Regis, but like Claydol?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Four Regis, Claydol and Baltoy, and Golem. That's seven. Golem is called golem so he counts as a golem.

there are 807 pokemon, about to be 100 or so more, you're complaining about less then 1% of them lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Nasgate posted:

Please no. Magnemite and Magneton are 4 very good boys and did not deserve Magnezone
Magnezone is a scary-looking UFO. At the very least it's not just adding more parts to the pre-evos.

Klinks suck

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

No one tell this guy about how many monkeys, fish, birds or animated piles of pollution pokemon has

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zore posted:

No one tell this guy about how many monkeys, fish, birds or animated piles of pollution pokemon has

Golem itself barely even counts. For fucksakes that's a stretch.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Golem is a kaiju. It's based on a baddie from Ultraman, I think.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How much postgame content is there in OR/AS? Thinking of picking it up in anticipation of Gen 8 since I skipped Gen 6.

EDIT: Dexnav sounds awesome but ugh to having to use HMs again.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Apr 28, 2019

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Klink's line's worst sin is that we need more non-Legendary mono-Steel types.

Golem's name is weird - to my knowledge it's the only Pokemon whose name is just a single regular word? At least the French version did the :effort: of naming it Grolem/"Fatlem".

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Vandar posted:

Golem is a kaiju. It's based on a baddie from Ultraman, I think.

Thank you. Golem’s design has baffled me for 20 years.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

YaketySass posted:

Klink's line's worst sin is that we need more non-Legendary mono-Steel types.

Golem's name is weird - to my knowledge it's the only Pokemon whose name is just a single regular word? At least the French version did the :effort: of naming it Grolem/"Fatlem".

Yeah, Farfetch'd and Muk are the only other ones I can think of and they at least minorly changed the spelling there.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Geostomp posted:

Thank you. Golem’s design has baffled me for 20 years.

If a Gen 1 Pokémon look weird odds are it's a Kaiju reference.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I've heard theories that Aggron is based on a metal-eating kaiju from a North Korean movie of all things.

Aron is the cutest.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think it's more likely that it's just based on a triceratops.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

YaketySass posted:

Golem's name is weird - to my knowledge it's the only Pokemon whose name is just a single regular word?

Persian, Ditto, Kabuto, Mew, Klink, Klang

Zore posted:

Yeah, Farfetch'd and Muk are the only other ones I can think of and they at least minorly changed the spelling there.

There are more like that: Onix, Krabby, Bayleef, Seel, Jynx, Tauros, Unown, Qwilfish, Ducklett, Throh, Sawk, etc. (and then there's edge cases like word but just in reverse: Rotom, Ekans, Arbok)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Anime Lana is the best

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That's been clear since at least the baseball episode.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i forgot to put ducklett in the gen 5 good boys list, please mentally adjust accordingly

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Has there been any official word on if Meltan and Melmetal count as Gen 7 or Gen 8 Pokemon?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Gen VII. LGPE are gen VII games.

Sobble, Grookey and Scorbunny are the first gen VIII mons.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

less laughter posted:

Persian, Ditto, Kabuto, Mew, Klink, Klang

There are more like that: Onix, Krabby, Bayleef, Seel, Jynx, Tauros, Unown, Qwilfish, Ducklett, Throh, Sawk, etc. (and then there's edge cases like word but just in reverse: Rotom, Ekans, Arbok)

And even more:

Gastly
Electrode,
Gloom
Dewgong
Cloyster
Slowpoke

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Gastly is gas + ghastly
Electrode is electrode but doubles as electric + explode
Dewgong is dew + dugong
Cloyster is both cloister and clam + oyster

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

gen 8 leaks are still trickling out. be safe if you don't want to be spoiled

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I can't believe someone tried to make fun of perfect good boy Scrafty

And yeah Klink is maybe the only Pokemon I don't like

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
It took me til a couple months ago to realize that the gen 1 birds were uno dos tres

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

E2M2 posted:

It took me til a couple months ago to realize that the gen 1 birds were uno dos tres

....Oh. My. God.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

gently caress, I just nuked my post accidentally but here's the gist:
Wrasslepig and the Iron Giant are good, Kanto Golem is trash from the garbage, and check out Deino, Zweilous, and Hydreigon.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

E2M2 posted:

:aaaaa:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

E2M2 posted:

WOAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

E2M2 posted:

and the gen V pseudolegendary is ein zwei drei