Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: HARASHIMA (c) vs. Antonio Honda in a Tiger Rope Panties Hunt match for the DDT Extreme Championship

MOTYC: Tetsuya Endo (c) vs. Makoto Oishi for the KO-D Openweight Championship

Both DDT Max Bump (4/28)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
MOTYC: Sareee vs Meiko Satomura, 16th April 2019, Sendai Girls

A vicious, bitter war between two very good wrestlers; it’s a match that hit a very high level but still left you thinking that they still had stuff on the table to try for the rematch that they’re bound to do at some point. Something well worth going out of your way to see.

Some other things from that show:

HM: Jordynne Grace vs Chihiro Hashimoto
HM: DASH Chisako and Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Hikaru Shida and Killer Kelly
(this had the misfortune of following the Sareee/Satomura match)
HM: Manami vs Millie McKenzie (so in a bubble this match isn’t anything very special but when you consider that it’s a 14 year old person who’s been wrestling for 18 months against an 18 year old person who’s on her second Japanese tour and who’s not really been wrestling for much longer it’s remarkably good)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: HARASHIMA (c) vs. Antonio Honda in a Tiger Rope Panties Hunt match for the DDT Extreme Championship - DDT Max Bump (4/28)

2nd. It was a Bull Rope match but with a plush tiger instead of a bell and also a bra & panties match with only panties. Pins & submissions count too, but you're here to see men wear lacy panties over their ring gear and get tied up a ridiculously long rope.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: HARASHIMA (c) vs. Antonio Honda in a Tiger Rope Panties Hunt match for the DDT Extreme Championship

Third.

:psyduck:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fourth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Price Check posted:

HM - SHO & YOH vs. Shingo Takagi & BUSHI - NJPW 4/26

Yeah agreed that was a fun tag match

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Motyc : kento Miyahara v Jake Lee - ajpw champion carnival 29/04/19.

I struggled to get into this at first but boy did they hook me in at the end. A fantastic match once it got going.

Hm: jay white v hirooki goto - njpw wrestling hinokuni 29/04/19

I probably liked this match more than most but again it shows that switchblade is a very clever wrestler and goto a tremendous loser and consistent storytelling like that is what new japan is famous for.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I probably liked this match more than most but again it shows that switchblade is a very clever wrestler and goto a tremendous loser and consistent storytelling like that is what new japan is famous for.

Second, this was pretty dang good

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Tetsuya Endo (c) vs. Makoto Oishi for the KO-D Openweight Championship

Both DDT Max Bump (4/28)

NTH. These both ruled so much

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Naomi vs Alexa Bliss, Monday Night RAW 4/29.

There was absolutely nothing redeeming about that match. God drat the RAW Women's Division is so loving terrible.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Price Check posted:

HM - SHO & YOH vs. Shingo Takagi & BUSHI - NJPW 4/26

nth this

nth this

Still got about 7 Champion Carnival shows to watch to be up to date so can't comment on that yet.

But I can nominate

HM
4/17/19
All Japan Pro Wrestling
Kento Miyahara vs Yuma Aoyagi

Champion Carnival has bee mostly good. And Kento is probably the best dickhead in the business when he's proving himself as the ace against these younger guys.

Edited to add in a link for the AJPW match

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 30, 2019

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Nthing Kento/Lee and Kento/Aoyagi from above, both ruled

Would nominate White/Goto for WMOTYC based on that flat, passionless ending, but tbh the rest of it wasn’t super awful or anything, it was just a Jay White match

e: anyway, we were talking about Timothy Thatcher a couple of days ago, and my local indie just released his match with Joe Hendry from last November. Imo this match wasn’t an MOTYC or anything, but they work really well together, so this is worth a watch imo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q_CN7Irwtc

Venomous fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Apr 30, 2019

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Motyc : kento Miyahara v Jake Lee - ajpw champion carnival 29/04/19.

I struggled to get into this at first but boy did they hook me in at the end. A fantastic match once it got going.

nth these

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
4/14/19
All Japan Pro Wrestling
Kento Miyahara vs Shuji Ishikawa
Nth this

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gonna nth all the AJPW Championship Carnival matches that have been nominated thus far

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: WALTER vs. Pete Dunne, NXT TakeOver: NY

HM: Matt Riddle vs. Velveteen Dream, NXT TakeOver: NY
HM: Bianca Belair vs. Io Shirai vs. Kairi Sane vs. Shayna Baszler, NXT TakeOver: NY

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

A vicious, bitter war between two very good wrestlers; it’s a match that hit a very high level but still left you thinking that they still had stuff on the table to try for the rematch that they’re bound to do at some point. Something well worth going out of your way to see

2nd. Sareee is incredible. One of the best around and it sucks that she chiefly wrestles for a company that releases a DVD like once a year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8A-qTMNeI

Also

MOTYC: Sareee vs. DASH Chisako - Sendai Girls (April 27th)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjMCObaw1Gs&t=1632s

Sareee brings all that viciousness to a match on a minor house show filmed for YouTube in Sendai.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
HM: Nick Gage vs Conor Claxton - GCW Crime Wave 4/25

Dustin Thomas match on the show was good too, though not as hot as the Deppen one on Spring Break 3. Janela/Deppen was also good but a little too long for me.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

HM Cobb/Taichi

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HM: Jeff Cobb(c) vs Taichi - NJPW Wrestling Dontaku, 3rd May (NEVER Openweight Title)

Cobb is really good. Taichi now has 3 people who can carry him to a real good match

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

HM: Jeff Cobb(c) vs Taichi - NJPW Wrestling Dontaku, 3rd May (NEVER Openweight Title match)

3rd

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

love a good missile dropkick

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Venomous posted:

HM Cobb/Taichi

4th

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MOTYC: Dragon Lee (c) vs Taiji Ishimori - NJPW Wrestling Dontaku, 3rd May (IWJP Junior Title)

Holy poo poo :stare:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

MOTYC: Dragon Lee (c) vs Taiji Ishimori - NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 3rd May (IWJP Junior Title)

2nd

Fnaar

Yeah. That was. That was a match that felt as loving insane as a Hiromu match. So good

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

jesus WEP posted:

HM: Jeff Cobb(c) vs Taichi - NJPW Wrestling Dontaku, 3rd May (NEVER Openweight Title)

jesus WEP posted:

MOTYC: Dragon Lee (c) vs Taiji Ishimori - NJPW Wrestling Dontaku, 3rd May (IWJP Junior Title)

Nthing these

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

jesus WEP posted:

I agree with this one

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

Nth

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

HM: Aja Kong vs Maki Itoh - TJPW 5.3 Korakuen YES! WONDERLAND 2019

It's exactly what you expect, which is why it's great.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Veto

Senerio fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 17, 2019

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

jesus WEP posted:

Absolutely this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Shingo Takagi/BUSHI vs. Roppongi 3K, Wrestling Hi No Kuni, 26/04

Totally forgot to vote for this but it was real good, mostly cause it focused on the SHO/Shingo feud which is going to loving tear it down at BOSJ

HM: Kazuchika Okada/Tomohiro Ishii vs. SANADA/EVIL

Because duh, of course it was

HM: Taichi vs. Jeff Cobb, Dontaku, 03/05

Big Match Taichi does it again

MOTY: Taiji Ishimori vs. Dragon Lee, Dontaku, 03/05

Holy poo poo this was incredible, there were sequences that I'd never seen before and they blew me away

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rarity posted:

HM: Shingo Takagi/BUSHI vs. Roppongi 3K, Wrestling Hi No Kuni, 26/04

Totally forgot to vote for this but it was real good, mostly cause it focused on the SHO/Shingo feud which is going to loving tear it down at BOSJ

Holy poo poo this was incredible, there were sequences that I'd never seen before and they blew me away

I’ll nth these other matches as well

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

jesus WEP posted:

Cobb is really good. Taichi now has 3 people who can carry him to a real good match

NTH. God drat what a good show.

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

nth

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

jesus WEP posted:

drat I remember Ibushi and Ishimori being two young kids putting on a loving clinic before anyone knew either of them and they've both came so far. N'thing a thousand times, Dragon Lee is reaching that level too

Pinwiz11 posted:

Third, Itoh isn't the best wrestler but she's the best character

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

Nth to all three.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

Nth

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nth Aja/Maki

Please don't sleep on that Sareee/Meiko match I posted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

IceAgeComing posted:

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Sareee vs. DASH Chisako - Sendai Girls (April 27th)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjMCObaw1Gs&t=1632s

Sareee brings all that viciousness to a match on a minor house show filmed for YouTube in Sendai.

NTH to all these.