Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

wrestlers are people that are charismatic by necessity and also know exactly what it's like to get assfucked by labor laws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm starting to believe that wrestlers make better politicians than the usual politician former careers like lawyer and doctor

Donald Trump is in the WWF hall of fame.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Nostradingus posted:

Donald Trump is in the WWF hall of fame.

I’ve never trusted the World Wildlife Fund.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You shouldn't, they paid death squads to exterminate villages.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Aphrodite posted:

You shouldn't, they paid death squads to exterminate villages.

Yeah I wikid them after my post and holy poo poo

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm kinda ok with death squads against poachers of endangered animals, so long as no innocent people are caught up. But invariably they are of course because the deaths squads aren't exactly known for their fair and due process when dispensing death.

If the squads should be going anywhere it's to the top, the huge companies driving the demand for various animal parts for their snake oil industries.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
What the gently caress kind of take is that holy gently caress what

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao

Baronjutter posted:

I'm kinda ok with death squads against poachers of endangered animals, so long as no innocent people are caught up. But invariably they are of course because the deaths squads aren't exactly known for their fair and due process when dispensing death.

If the squads should be going anywhere it's to the top, the huge companies driving the demand for various animal parts for their snake oil industries.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
When your only tool in your inventory are death squads, every problem starts to look death squad-able.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Now I wanna see a movie where a non-profit hires a death squad to take out a giant multinational conglomerate.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The backstory for Metal Gear Solid 2?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah I'm a member of a death squad but I'm one of the good ones, I only kill poachers and hedge fund managers.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The only way to stop a bad guy with a death squad is a good guy with a death squad.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
LT Style Electric Glide is NOT a Tim and Eric sketch but in fact a real thing the Chargers did.
https://youtu.be/g6_JEpMO_MM

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah I'm a member of a death squad but I'm one of the good ones, I only kill poachers and hedge fund managers.

whats your price range? im in the market as my current death squad has started poaching

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Liberal: *through sobs* you can't just solve everything with a death squad.... Please....

Me: *points at seagull flying past* death squad

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Signs with an H on them and an arrow are pointing to hospitals. Somehow never clicked with me at all. I was like, N, S, E, and W are directions, what the gently caress is H?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Signs with an H on them and an arrow are pointing to hospitals. Somehow never clicked with me at all. I was like, N, S, E, and W are directions, what the gently caress is H?

What the gently caress kinda place does this instead of using a cross?

E: it is me who realized poo poo; because every hospital here offers free first-aid, they all can and do have red cross signs pointing to them, so I always thought the sign just meant hospital.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 05:59 on Apr 28, 2019

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

North, South, East, West, Hest.

H points to Heston Blumenthal restaurants.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

What the gently caress kinda place does this instead of using a cross?

What the gently caress direction is a lowercase T?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I'm guessing that they can't put a cross on the sign due to trademark laws, but I don't understand how a giant H is supposed to be more clear than just making a sign that fuckin' says "HOSPITAL".

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Signs with an H on them and an arrow are pointing to hospitals.

Or the location to find hornets.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

What the gently caress direction is a lowercase T?

This way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm guessing that they can't put a cross on the sign due to trademark laws, but I don't understand how a giant H is supposed to be more clear than just making a sign that fuckin' says "HOSPITAL".

You ever had a sign made? You gotta pay by the letter.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

It's not trademark, it's because the red cross is a symbol protected under international treaty. Someone wearing a red cross is protected on a battlefield, under the laws of war.

Although, hospitals are supposed to be protected too, so idk.

What is hilarious, though, is medical places using Hermes' staff ☤ (symbol of the Greek god of commerce) instead of the Rod of Asclepius ⚕ (symbol of the Greek god of medicine) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus_as_a_symbol_of_medicine

e: I've found lots of info at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emblems_of_the_International_Red_Cross_and_Red_Crescent_Movement , and it's making for interesting reading!

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 10:08 on Apr 28, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

It's not trademark, it's because the red cross is a symbol protected under international treaty. Someone wearing a red cross is protected on a battlefield, under the laws of war.

Although, hospitals are supposed to be protected too, so idk.

Nah I checked it out and Red Cross only allows it if it's free. So in failed states where healthcare isn't free, they can sue.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hyperlynx posted:

What is hilarious, though, is medical places using Hermes' staff ☤ (symbol of the Greek god of commerce) instead of the Rod of Asclepius ⚕ (symbol of the Greek god of medicine) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus_as_a_symbol_of_medicine

Using the symbol of the Greek god of commerce to denote a hospital makes perfect sense in the US.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Using the symbol of the Greek god of commerce to denote a hospital makes perfect sense in the US.

Was going to say, it cannot be an accident.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

Hermes was also the god of thieves, and the god who led dead people to the underworld, which are both also appropriate...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerry Cotton posted:

Nah I checked it out and Red Cross only allows it if it's free. So in failed states where healthcare isn't free, they can sue.

I wondered about that, we definitely use it in Australia.

I learned about the red cross thing recently when the developer of Stardew Valley changed the red cross representing your health to a large red H, and said in the patch notes something like "modified health display to no longer contravene the Geneva Convention".

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Memento posted:

I learned about the red cross thing recently when the developer of Stardew Valley changed the red cross representing your health to a large red H, and said in the patch notes something like "modified health display to no longer contravene the Geneva Convention".
Yep, and recolored the cross blue on the town clinic. (That's where I learned about it, too.)

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I was talking Doom Patrol with a coworker and I mentioned that Brendan Frazier’s first regular tv series gig was Due South.

I was quickly corrected. It was Paul Gross who was the star of Due South. I just Mandela effected it because Fraser played a Mountie in Dudley Do-Right. Then I brought up the IMDb page for Due South and Paul Gross’ character is named Benton Fraser. This undoubtedly contributed to my confusion.

Tl;dr Brendan Frasier did not star in Due South.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

QTIYD

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've passed the TSEGE VAARA graffiti on the walkway dozens of times but only just now did it click. Che Guevara

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I was talking Doom Patrol with a coworker and I mentioned that Brendan Frazier’s first regular tv series gig was Due South.

I was quickly corrected. It was Paul Gross who was the star of Due South. I just Mandela effected it because Fraser played a Mountie in Dudley Do-Right. Then I brought up the IMDb page for Due South and Paul Gross’ character is named Benton Fraser. This undoubtedly contributed to my confusion.

Tl;dr Brendan Frasier did not star in Due South.

More people should be talking about Doom Patrol.

Content: Brendan Fraser isn't actually in the Robotman outfit. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0p7T0Pc68M&t=462s

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Apr 29, 2019

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I recently discovered that Peter Gabriel's song Sledgehammer is, in fact, NOT the theme song for the comedy TV show Sledge Hammer.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I only recently learned that Henry Kissinger has a PhD in chemicaal engineering, and was instrumental in developing the propellents used by the lunar lander module during the Apollo missions.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I only recently learned that Henry Kissinger has a PhD in chemicaal engineering, and was instrumental in developing the propellents used by the lunar lander module during the Apollo missions.

None of this is true unless there's a different Henry Kissinger (with a PhD in cheme) that developed aerozine out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Raldikuk posted:

None of this is true unless there's a different Henry Kissinger (with a PhD in cheme) that developed aerozine out there

No, it’s the same Kissinger. He became fascinated by chemical explosives while using Amatol to blow up frogs during his stint in the United States Army.