Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

font color sea posted:

Honestly I sort of miss all those crazy fan theories that went around pre-show. Varys is a merman. Daario is Euron. Bran ate Jojen. Roose is the half-human immortal son of the Night King who impersonates people by stealing and wearing their skins.
Especially because the real story turned out to be much less interesting in comparison

Not a crazy fan theory, that one definitely happened in the book (at the very least the tree gnomes most likely killed him and did some sacrifice stuff to make Bran's magic soup). It's just that in the show they pussied out by having him killed by a puppet hand instead.

As I stopped watching the show long ago, what happened to Bran's "girlfriend"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Jojenpaste is actually real, yeah

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Randarkman posted:

Not a crazy fan theory, that one definitely happened in the book (at the very least the tree gnomes most likely killed him and did some sacrifice stuff to make Bran's magic soup). It's just that in the show they pussied out by having him killed by a puppet hand instead.

As I stopped watching the show long ago, what happened to Bran's "girlfriend"?

She realized that old Bran is totally gone and replaced by a creepy weirdo who makes vague noises at people and decided she never wanted anything to do with him ever again.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hope theon lives

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
it actually owns that bran's actor isn't a good actor (and that DnD are poo poo hack writers) that can't pull off bran being detached and instead we get an autist rolling around in a wheelchair staring at people

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

He's in a wheelchair now?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Phi230 posted:

it actually owns that bran's actor isn't a good actor (and that DnD are poo poo hack writers) that can't pull off bran being detached and instead we get an autist rolling around in a wheelchair staring at people

Yeah there's also some wild fan theory that as part of it posits Bran is special because he had kleinfelters.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

Bran gonna warg back in time multiple times and try to unfuck things, just like that terrible Xmen movie with Tyrion Lannister.

yea this

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I'm confident Bran's time travel abilities will never be put to use again because they'd come close to making the ending interesting.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
He's called Bran cuz when he wargs into you and makes you poo poo.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

She’s called Arya because every time she’s on screen you ask why Arya watching this garbage

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

George H.W. oval office posted:

She’s called Arya because every time she’s on screen you ask why Arya watching this garbage

:eyepop:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

He's called Bran cuz when he wargs into you and makes you poo poo.

:yeshaha:

this is why i keep reading this thread

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hachi machi :shittypop:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gLuQJm7T9E

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Randarkman posted:

He's in a wheelchair now?

Yeah but he's so creepy no one actually pushes the chair, they just leave him outside and hope the frost takes him.

Notice how no one else besides Theon (who hasn't seen Bran since he was a kid) wanted to stay with Bran and protect him.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Was Osha's death a book thing? Tragedy that Osha didn't die by falling off an improperly secured ladder

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Was Osha's death a book thing? Tragedy that Osha didn't die by falling off an improperly secured ladder

Nope. She's still alive in the books because GRRM isn't writing any more of them.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm sitting on the toilet pooping right now. This is probably more satisfying than the rest of my day when I go see avengers then watch the stupid titty dragon show.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Didn't GRRM say in an interview that he can never kill Arya because his wife will hate him, because that bitch is her favorite character?

I would like the very end to be Jaquen showing up and killing the Night King because Varys paid him ages ago with his cock and balls.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What catalog did gurm mail order his wife from?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm sitting on the toilet pooping right now. This is probably more satisfying than the rest of my day when I go see avengers then watch the stupid titty dragon show.

have you considered reading a good book instead, or maybe meditating or something

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

romanowski posted:

have you considered reading a good book instead, or maybe meditating or something

maybe that's what the toilet is for smart guy

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Waltzing Along posted:

What catalog did gurm mail order his wife from?

I can't believe I know this, but I think they met at a scifi/fantasy convention.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

porfiria posted:

I can't believe I know this, but I think they met at a scifi/fantasy convention.

To be more specific, they met while naked in a hot-tub at a scifi/fantasy convention.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Flatscan posted:

To be more specific, they met while naked in a hot-tub at a scifi/fantasy convention.

To be even more specific, he cummed in her pussy.

Then they married and have a live-in personal assistant so they only have to worry about blogging about football and loving, making the room hot and damp with the stink of creampied pussy and back sweat.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Is she fat too?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

Tywin thought the same thing.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Colonel Cancer posted:

Is she fat too?

He's rich, so maybe not.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
At this point it really would have been more cool if Rhaegar had abducted Lyanna and she didn't run away with him. gently caress, maybe he had a dozen loving women all locked up to give him more kids and Lyanna is just where he hosed up because no one cared if peasant girls disappeared.

Westeros Law and Order: SVU coming up next.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cowslips Warren posted:

At this point it really would have been more cool if Rhaegar had abducted Lyanna and she didn't run away with him. gently caress, maybe he had a dozen loving women all locked up to give him more kids and Lyanna is just where he hosed up because no one cared if peasant girls disappeared.

Westeros Law and Order: SVU coming up next.

Given how Blood Raven is a Targ he would definitely whitewash the kidnapping.

I'm certain we may actually lightly get into multi century long conspiracies over the last few episodes. There's too much heavily leaned on Stark and Night's Watch and Bran things to not get into something spooky.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

What if tyrion... was made of chease! O_o

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Ghost is gonna die tonight. He was in last week’s episode to remind everyone he’s still around.

Tonight he’ll die saving someone stupid and then this already lovely make-believe world will be shittier for having one less good dog in it.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
This thing airs in like 2 hours but some Portuguese pirates have apparently got their hands on it and are trying to get bitcoins before they leak it. Some of the screens they released are super lol and really big spoilers

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
The night king cuts off a dragons head and sticks it on Jon like they did to Robb with the wolf head. It's how he transforms into the azure azai or whatever

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Evil Agita posted:

The night king cuts off a dragons head and sticks it on Jon like they did to Robb with the wolf head. It's how he transforms into the azure azai or whatever

Aha, just how I predicted

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Favorite dumb theory I've seen is that Robert Baratheon faked his death to go to Essos and become Daario.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
How old was Maise Williams when they casted her (and probably then and there assumed she would eventually be part of the usual HBO softcore bullshit?) Gross.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
The show is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
M’lady and I usually get a bottle of wine or fancy beer to drink during this awful show.

We started early tonight.