Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If you believe in god, consider that Vilerat died but aatrek is still breathing.

E: oh this is not a snipe I enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tunicate posted:

Yep, tho lowtax deleted that guy's posts
No loving way.

What was it some SHSC post going "How do I secure an email server used for federal state business? Thinking Gmail and a firewall "

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, that's it. I remember some screens of it popping up on Reddit of all places during the election season.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

We also created 4chan so goons really do have a lot to answer for lmao. No wonder we're full of sjw soy boys now

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Regret is as integral to the site as capricious, fey-like moderation.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Integral?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

purple death ray posted:

We also created 4chan so goons really do have a lot to answer for lmao. No wonder we're full of sjw soy boys now

Eh, I’m not sure that kicking a bunch of shitheads out of your house who later go on to form Shithead Club counts as having created Shithead Club.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

NoneMoreNegative posted:

when all the poo poo came out someone posted "when he said he was into TNG..." and I was :drat:

I remember that, It was the thread that popped up a few microseconds after he was demodded. The op was "aatrek likes TNG because the current generation is too old for him" and it just got better/worse from there. Does anyone have a link to that thread?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

mmj posted:

I remember that, It was the thread that popped up a few microseconds after he was demodded. The op was "aatrek likes TNG because the current generation is too old for him" and it just got better/worse from there. Does anyone have a link to that thread?

Here it is.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Oh hey Bengazi 2 is Dickeye. That makes a lot more sense now.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

purple death ray posted:

We also created 4chan so goons really do have a lot to answer for lmao.
Kind of. I definitely think Moot should probably off himself very publicly in penance for his dumb labor of pedoanime love that itself gave rise to 8ch.

Speaking of, this is like the 2nd or 3rd time a loving mass murdering terrorist white supremacist was radicalized by 8chan, so maaaaaaaayve it's time for all the hosting companies to stop accepting their money?

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
How the gently caress is the FBI kicking down Lowtax’s door because of Avshalom fanfic but Moot gets to run a whole-rear end pedophilia/murder/white nationalist empire without a peep

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

elise the great posted:

How the gently caress is the FBI kicking down Lowtax’s door because of Avshalom fanfic but Moot gets to run a whole-rear end pedophilia/murder/white nationalist empire without a peep
Because law enforcement agencies in this country are filled with white supremacists that are cool with it.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Oh yeah haha I forgot about that. Gross jokes about the president are bad and crime, shooting a bunch of not-white people is nbd lol

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

elise the great posted:

That was someone in laissez faire, not avs.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Accordion Man posted:

Because law enforcement agencies in this country are filled with white supremacists that are cool with it.

There's that but I also remember Glenn Beck saying that SA was a CIA front in the wake of Vilerat and Benghazi so law enforcement laying off in that instance adds up.

Pretty sure Lowtax is deep state and has all our personal info Zuckerberg style only with harder to crack passwords.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

elise the great posted:

moot sold 4chan before it went full hitler and now works for google

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
4chan really just started as a place to post and talk about anime. Moot took a very anti-censorship stance in the "no censorship, ever" way before the internet realized what that ultimately leads to. That of course led to an increase of people congregating there who had been run off of the rest of the internet for being abhorrent. That led to some low level moderating which then of course led to some people who took the "no censorship, ever" stance starting other offshoots like 8chan with predictable results.

It really is a case of his heart being in the right place and not really knowing any better at the time. There were more innocent times when nobody really knew better.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Either way the point is moot lol

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

oldpainless posted:

Either way the point is moot lol

more like oldpunful

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
There was a goon who tried to walk cross country pulling a cart. Iirc he go as far as his local state park before giving up. Anyone remember this?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Yes

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480&userid=0&pagenumber=35

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

my dog died im sad posted:

There was a goon who tried to walk cross country pulling a cart. Iirc he go as far as his local state park before giving up. Anyone remember this?

It's come up a few times.

His original plan would have him walk across Mississippi in the middle of July.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

my dog died im sad posted:

Edit:
Nevermind, it's been answered

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

pentyne posted:

His original plan would have him dead in the Sonora desert

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

He planned to survive on raisins. His original plan was to die of not eating food, but he managed to start starving to death at a ranger station so he was able to call his mom to take him home or something after a couple days of starvation, having already abandoned his trashed walmart cart somewhere in the woods.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

pentyne posted:

It's come up a few times.

His original plan would have him walk across Mississippi in the middle of July.
No, the best part was his route would have taken him through the deserts of I think it was Nevada where there isn't any kind of civilization for hundreds of miles. You know a region where people have gotten stranded and died even when they had a car.

Accordion Man has a new favorite as of 02:52 on Apr 29, 2019

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Didn't he make it like 20 miles

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

sebmojo posted:

When you think about it, it really doesn’t matter how good or bad his planned route was.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Kleobis and Biton's long lost and less happy brother.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Goon walking across the country thought in case he got robbed he’d carry a BB gun that looks like a real gun and didn’t understand what an incredibly dumb idea that was.

FYAD thread on the saga:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720872

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

thanks!

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

sebmojo posted:

I believe he made it less than that, like five miles, before being completely disabled with leg cramps and fatigue. I genuinely dont understand this part because I'm fat as poo poo, but i can walk five miles without being completely destroyed. Was he starting in some really hilly area? Was he just overcome after realizing that his cart broke and his plan was stupid and he was a failure? Because i can see that, waking up on day 2, realizing there was absolutely no way he could succeed, and then just holing up at the ranger station and pretending his legs exploded or whatever.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I believe he made it less than that, like five miles, before being completely disabled with leg cramps and fatigue. I genuinely dont understand this part because I'm fat as poo poo, but i can walk five miles without being completely destroyed. Was he starting in some really hilly area? Was he just overcome after realizing that his cart broke and his plan was stupid and he was a failure? Because i can see that, waking up on day 2, realizing there was absolutely no way he could succeed, and then just holing up at the ranger station and pretending his legs exploded or whatever.

he was very extremely out of shape

iirc one of the hikers in his thread said his symptoms were consistent with the body just going "gently caress this" and seizing up due to over-exertion/lack of proper nutrition

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Dude took pride in the fact that he never cooked a meal in his drat life and subsisted on pizza and chicken tendies.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

One More Fat Nerd posted:

This post makes me want a Ken Burns style documentary series about all these sagas. Just imagine a vignette with a picture of this dude looking sadly at his cart with the voiceover going "dearest mother it appears that I have underestimated the tenacity of the wilds..."

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

FilthyImp posted:

This post makes me want a Ken Burns style documentary series about all these sagas. Just imagine a vignette with a picture of this dude looking sadly at his cart with the voiceover going "dearest mother it appears that I have underestimated the tenacity of the wilds..."

Man I can hear the violins reading that.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Isn't that basically the guy who lived in a bus in Alaska and got ate by a bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Phy posted:

Isn't that basically the guy who lived in a bus in Alaska and got ate by a bear

McCandless? He ate the wrong plant and died 8/10ths of a mile from a way out of his situation. He lived in a bus.

Timothy Treadwell thought the bears at Katmai National Park were his Bros and stayed too long into "eat everything for hibernation" season and got ate.

Both happened in Alaska tho.

Edit: Mary Maley also had a run-in with bears in Alaska but did not die. You can see video of her horrific encounter here: https://youtu.be/nU5cMZymSr0

Untrustable has a new favorite as of 17:29 on Apr 29, 2019