Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
That was more of a Dom 3 thing I think. Maybe you can make cheapo semi super combatants now out of tartarians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Turn 35

OK good news we got some action this turn.

+1 Air gems.

Haha hell yes. +1n and a FREE FORT. Kelp Fortresses are why you search every underwater province with a n1 caster. They are not that uncommon as sites go. It is in a good spot too.

This TC province has a decent pile of barbarians but...

...my troops are a lot more real. oh my god our team colors are almost identical
almost identical

The extra TC troops in the PD are part of TC's national augmented PD feature. You get extra TC troops that scale with whatever amount of PD you put down. It is ok but it is still just PD.

We move to the province adjacent to the throne with the god army.

I use more conservative scripting casting a single water elemental apiece.

It's still overkill.

I move on the coastal fortress of TC near my throne.

TC troops are aggressively okay but terminally not fantastic.

We just smash into them.

A few losses but not nearly enough to matter.

LIFE BENEATH THE WAVES CORRESPONDS IN MANY WAYS

RIP

Okay so RIP Jotun at last as Phlegra sends like 100+ dudes to kill :checks notes: like 10 giants on a wall.

:clicks: 7 morale huh

lol are you serious

Haha the archers run out of arrows and run up to finish the job the helotes couldn't

They just need to stab this one beefy boi to death with tiny knives.

lol forever

lmaaoooooooo

ok :wipes tear: so random events-

Lobsters live in hierarchies therefor...

Surface world do not be a liability like this.

Guys! How did we even get the census records we are still seiging the fort!!

The overview.

We are moving in on the throne. Also pictured: Jotun cap hahahah

The phaecian army moved that huge stack across the sea here so we'll, uh, see what happens with it. Looks like it was a good thing I didn't hit that province.

I made these. The water bottle starts the wearer with a water elemental buddy every fight, and the bracelet is just a +1 water path booster when worn.

I hole up in my forts near Phaecia to build forces. I have A PLAN friends.

I move inland in north-central TC then I might jump into the sea on the other side if it gets too hot in this theatre. I am keeping my forces on the TC fort next to the Ulm siege WE'RE SIEGE BUDDIES. What phaecia does with its giga-stack well we'll see I guess.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

:allears:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Morale_Is_Real.txt

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Phaecia

Yet another reason that Sailing rules. Our territory is, over-land, about as far from Tien'Chi as you can possibly be. We would never be able to take some delicious free bites out that AI empire otherwise. So we balled up a stack of a poo poo-load of Longbows and Orichalcum Guard and set sail across the narrow sea to beat up on some china men. It's a big dumb doomstack that doesn't have mage support, but our scouting shows that there aren't any real Tien'Chi armies on that peninsula, so we should just be walking onto forts, cracking them, and brute forcing whatever small poo poo is inside. A crude yet effective blunt instrument.

Pelagia has successfully driven us out of our meager undersea holdings (curse upon him for this treachery) but otherwise seems to understand that he can't prosecute that war above the water. We will never forget and never forgive Pelagian injustice, however, so we plot and scheme to take back what was ours.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao at that morale rout, thats beautiful

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Looking at their roster, oh wow is helote morale bad. Using them with any commander other than a Tyrant seems like a huge dice roll.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Actually, using a Tyrant to lead helotes is a bit of a waste, perhaps even counterproductive.

They've got 95 leadership, but a 'hidden' (see fluff) penalty to leadership. They do not get the standard +1 morale bonus to troops from having +80 leadership and they cannot use any formations other than box and skirmish. Because of that, they'll only give one more morale than a Trophimos Commander despite their larger taskmaster bonus. The Trophimos Commander has a proper 80 leadership granting formations and +1 morale and +2 taskmaster. As a result they only get one less morale than when lead by a Tyrant, and considerably more flexibility. If you still need a bit of a buffer, you have easy access to the Helmet of Heroes and Dwarven Hammers - but of course a few Gigantes Warriors are better at storming the gates and you don't want any leftover from expansion lying around in your territory. And if you don't have Gigantes around, the Cyclops Warriors, while trash, will NOT refuse to be lead by the tiny mens, for more morale than under a Tyrant.

Honestly might consider a palisades dedicated to Trophimos and the occasional cyclops chieftain.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
gigantes can die pretty bad to jotun hurlers too, them boulders hit real hard

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I forget are there any sacred rock throwers cause that could be a fun idiot gimmick to do sometime

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ah, yeah, given that the Trophimos Commander would definitely be the better choice. I'd missed they had Taskmaster 2, instead of 1 like everything else other than the Tyrants, so was dismissing them, and wasn't aware the Tyrants didn't get the 80 ld bonus either. I wasn't even thinking the Tyrants were ideal in the first place, given their huge cost, being cap-only and StR, and not even being sacred to reduce the upkeep, but wasn't seeing anything else to get what were effectively some combination of chaff/line troops to even morale 10.

On another matter...

PurpleXVI posted:

What kind of spooky horror is that Marignon has for a neighbour? Is it one of the really nasty ones?

Since this wasn't answered, it's "merely" a regular Horror (which still massacres most basic armies/pd). I'm more interested in HOW it got there this early. Is there some super rare event that can spawn one, or is this just some spectacular misfortune involving a horror mark?

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 28, 2019

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

I forget are there any sacred rock throwers cause that could be a fun idiot gimmick to do sometime

ancient ones, the big pale one guys. they suck poo poo!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i was hoping for ones OTHER than those guys who suck poo poo :(

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Kitfox88 posted:

You can give a sacred giant a Bag of Pebbles.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Ynglaur posted:

You can give a sacred giant a Bag of Pebbles.

Finally, a use for the get large bless?

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Units should automatically be able to trample anything two sizes smaller than they are, with the damage formula scaled to the size difference.

The existing trampler flag is then used to indicate things like chariots or war elephants that are predisposed to trample enemy formations and only need to be one size larger and use a more powerful formula.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ramc posted:

LIFE BENEATH THE WAVES CORRESPONDS IN MANY WAYS

A dog, a barrel... ridiculous!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Turn 36

Ok a lot is going on here.

Evocation 6.

I have some plans.

Also thaum 1-3. Panic is good.

No sites found so on to the battles...

My army for the throne fight.

And theirs. Spoiler they just cast water ward again.

I, however, do not abide by any of these 'no water elemental' treaties.

My sacreds smash their flank and gun for the back line while the wave warriors on the bottom half seem to just sort of stale as they grind through them.

Guys, please get out of the way for my water elementals.

well nvm you got it

None of my sacreds died anyway.

Cleaning up an indie attacked TC prov look at these dudes.

They are absolutely annihilated though.

The next TC PD clear is a barb prov redux.

On to events!

This site is like some dev's weird pet project isn't it. How come other sites aren't this chatty.

Lazy good for nothing peasants!

It keeps happening!

thoughts and prayers

I patrol this rear end in a top hat out.

quote:

Ramc
plz dont make me patrol out your spy

Libluini
I can honestly state that there is no spy of mine there

Ramc
HMMMM

Ramc
HMMMMMMMM

Libluini
There is no spy.

Ramc
b/c i killed him!!

Libluini
It was a BARD, not a spy!
I was telling the truth really specifically, you see :V

Ramc
he has the spy trait

Libluini
What he does in his free time is not my problem. He was supposed to sing some nice, elven folk songs, nothing more

Ramc
rippppppp

Libluini
Also, to add to my truthfullness, there were two (2) bards, not "a" spy
So I guess the singing of folk songs will continue for a couple more turns

Okay so what is this throaaahahahahahhahahahahaahahhahah
:getin:

Awe makes it so anything taking a swing at your sacreds has to make a morale check or not even attack. It's pretty good against riff raff troops but most undead, demons and other elite troops have really good morale.

Overview!

Oh hey it is C'tis!Ii will kick them out eventually. No peace beneath the waves.

I leap back into the indie seas. Phaecia is now hitting that coast fortress. Fine, I guess.

I hit the 'i' key to see what that event in the province I took from TC is about. A swordsman, huh?

This hat gives the wearer +1 astral path.

The orders. I am moving into Phaecia cap area he may find this threatening. Good, if so!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Around this time I learned to my dismay that Ramc has no appreciation for fine Elven music.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
That throne seems like one of the ones you grab in an instant.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

All the thrones in this game are basically "ones you grab in an instant" because they're all Level 3 thrones

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Ramc posted:

Lazy good for nothing peasants!

Preacher: "Being good for nothing is the only true form of good!"

Populace: whoaaaa

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Conot posted:

All the thrones in this game are basically "ones you grab in an instant" because they're all Level 3 thrones

except the 'here's a bunch of gems but you can't train any more troops forever' throne

Ramc
May 4, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

except the 'here's a bunch of gems but you can't train any more troops forever' throne

It isn't THAT dire but yes I want troops for now. Any throne that gives big negative scales swings you probably want to think about for a second.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Ramc posted:

Any throne that gives big negative scales swings you probably want to think about for a second.

except creation, the only thing to think about there is "can i leverage this before everyone else in the game tries to kill me/take it"

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Ramc posted:

It isn't THAT dire but yes I want troops for now. Any throne that gives big negative scales swings you probably want to think about for a second.

Oh come on, what's the worst that could happen with Turmoil3/Misfortune3? :haw:
(Serious question. I know the game unlucks special "gently caress you" events for those combos and they're often deliciously sadistic.)

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Weird owl has life all figured out

Lord Koth posted:

Since this wasn't answered, it's "merely" a regular Horror (which still massacres most basic armies/pd). I'm more interested in HOW it got there this early. Is there some super rare event that can spawn one, or is this just some spectacular misfortune involving a horror mark?

Horror cult event chain. If you don't root out the cult, eventually they perform a ritual to summon a horror, the effects of which you now see.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

FilthIncarnate posted:

Horror cult event chain. If you don't root out the cult, eventually they perform a ritual to summon a horror, the effects of which you now see.

My first reaction to this was that a horror cult seemed pretty self-defeating, but considering the experience of random peasants in Dominions I can see the appeal of a gently caress-you to the powers that be.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I don't see that worshipping a horror is any worse than worshipping your average pretender god really.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Pharnakes posted:

I don't see that worshipping a horror is any worse than worshipping your average pretender god really.

I'm surprised none of the pretenders is a Horror Creature tbh. Sure they eat people but so do some god chassis and oh yeah a couple of civilizations.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
But if god was a horror how could you get drawn away into the void???

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I like the theory that the whole cycle of pantokrators is orchestrated by horrors to produce the tastiest snacks.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

my dad posted:

I like the theory that the whole cycle of pantokrators is orchestrated by horrors to produce the tastiest snacks.

Or reality TV.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The coming apocalypse is really just the network execs getting antsy about nielsen ratings.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Where would you even get an A5 caster as MA Pelagia?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Well in this particular case by having a god with A7?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Pharnakes posted:

Well in this particular case by having a god with A7?

Ups. Yeah, that would do it, I totally forgot.

Phaecia must be glad that it's not very hard for them to get an Astral 3 caster.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
I adore those names, especially Sick of Swimming - Ready to STAAAND! and But That is a Big Mistake.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

my dad posted:

The only thing arguing against this theory (at least in vanilla) is that even doom horrors are pretty killable by a robust pretender chassis; with whatever enhancements pantokrator gets you you would be able to dumpster basically anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

i imagine :shrug: