Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Crabtree posted:

I go into this thread and now I can't stop slamming my desk screaming BERSERK! BERSERK!

This is me rn as I read the Dream Corridor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Mune, between this and Stellaris you are responsible for work on two of my favorite things and I just want you to know I appreciate that.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Sonia is the best character, if we got Sonia we're in business.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Here are my preliminary notes from the chapter:

Can't believe Guts and Griffith teamed up to kill Thanos

That's all I got.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Shinjobi posted:

Here are my preliminary notes from the chapter:

Can't believe Guts and Griffith teamed up to kill Thanos

That's all I got.

How nuts was it when Puck covered himself in Taco Bell™ Diablo Sauce and went up Thanos' rear end in a top hat to distract him long enough for Guts to close in for the kill

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Christ, it took me way too long to realize the background was the *CLANG*.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This is kind of a fascinating look at what Griffith actually seems to want out of all this.

Also hey Foss, I forgot you existed at all, much less being alive.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Sooooooooooooo... regarding that last page...

I guess the Moon Baby is Griffith's body after all, and it has a measure of independence that waxes and wanes.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Griffith is such a nerd. He set the whole world in fire just so that he could establish his own fire department to play the hero and have everyone suck his dick

Can't wait for Rickert to punch him in the face next time :unsmigghh:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Having politics come up like makes me curious about how the rest of the world is doing with the whole fantasia thing. Falconia has the advantage of basically every Apostle in the region and a reincarnated Godhand running the country, but it's not like the rest of the world was totally devoid of mystic shenanigans, as Kushan demonstrates pretty succinctly. But what about the parts outside of the Holy See, who either have their old shamanistic practices intact or maybe believe in a faith that's a little less "White Hawk, take the wheel"?

basically I'm wondering if the only locations we'll see for the rest of the series are Midland it's neighbor nations and Skellig

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I hate Griffith so loving much.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I am incredibly worried about that state orphanage thing just being indoctrination child soldiers for Griffith/feeding kids to Apostles if things turn to poo poo. Also STOP STEALING GUTS' THINGS. HE DID SITTING NAKED STARING AT THE MOON FIRST YOU THIEF.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I hate Griffith so loving much.

It's amazing how my hatred of Griffith extends to a meta sense as well.

He's a big ol garbage man, but now I hate him for just having chapters as well.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
I think it's too late to be worried, it's some straight-up Hitler Jugend poo poo.

Here's a magnet link for #358. We re-did the entire chapter in-house this time, so it has different (less allcaps-y) typesetting than the version up on mangastream.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Edit: ^^^That link doesn't work for me but thanks for preempting me.

None of you assholes posts links anymore, huh?

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 28, 2019

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

So much loving politicking. Interesting how Griffith sees the empire, curious what demonic intentions lie beneath that. Also, man he really loves a snazzy exit.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Has the princess de-aged or something or did Miura just forget how to draw her because she looks pretty off-model and way younger than before to me? Griffith is kind of wonky in a couple of panels too. At least the nearly insanely meticulous detail work is still there, just look at that table or the text on the scrolls, god drat

A solid chapter overall. I love that the ending kind of suggests next chapter we'll be back to the really interesting stuff. Maybe it'll even release this year!

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

LordMune posted:

I think it's too late to be worried, it's some straight-up Hitler Jugend poo poo.

Here's a magnet link for #358. We re-did the entire chapter in-house this time, so it has different (less allcaps-y) typesetting than the version up on mangastream.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. Well, not glad per say but you get the idea...

Something else I noticed: nearly all of Griffiths proposals are either stepped in military jargon or circle around to the army in some way, but he spins it so it sounds like it's all in the best interest of the nation. At this point he's basically psyching everyone up for world conquest.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the end of this chapter seems like a logical point to circle back around to Guts's crew.
Maybe. Hopefully? Please!?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Nah, it's gonna be 20 more CHAPTERS of Fuckboi Griffith.

Also he's still a terrible rear end monster. Those orphans are hosed.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Honestly, this chapter made me a lot more interested in this manga as whole. I certainly didn't expect Griffith to invent the modern nation-state just to achieve his dream of an ever-expanding empire – and my impression is that it would really be ever-expanding, since nothing could ever be grand enough to be anything more than a starting point for something yet grander. All of this starts to remind me of the later acts of Goethe's Faust II, especially the theme of expanding into new lands and rationalizing it with the prosperity of humanity.

And in all of this it is such a hilarious contrast that Griffith' shining holy land of supernatural grandeur can actually run out of money.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Carpator Diei posted:

Honestly, this chapter made me a lot more interested in this manga as whole. I certainly didn't expect Griffith to invent the modern nation-state just to achieve his dream of an ever-expanding empire – and my impression is that it would really be ever-expanding, since nothing could ever be grand enough to be anything more than a starting point for something yet grander. All of this starts to remind me of the later acts of Goethe's Faust II, especially the theme of expanding into new lands and rationalizing it with the prosperity of humanity.

And in all of this it is such a hilarious contrast that Griffith' shining holy land of supernatural grandeur can actually run out of money.

Gut's really laid it all out when he got to Elfhelm, Griffith is never going to be truly satisfied with anything and will always strive for bigger and better things.

Some people have been talking here about the possibility of Griffith going against the other Godhand and I wonder if this might be a prelude to some sort of conflict with them. I can't really see them being too happy with the idea of Griffith forcibly expanding into their turf but I guess we'll have to wait and see what exactly they've been doing since the merger before we know for sure.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I had to read https://imgur.com/gallery/RPvx23O because the torrent didn't work.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Gut's really laid it all out when he got to Elfhelm, Griffith is never going to be truly satisfied with anything and will always strive for bigger and better things.

Some people have been talking here about the possibility of Griffith going against the other Godhand and I wonder if this might be a prelude to some sort of conflict with them. I can't really see them being too happy with the idea of Griffith forcibly expanding into their turf.

I think this has a pretty good chance of happening. Griffith's ambition is too big for the Godhand.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

temple posted:

I had to read https://imgur.com/gallery/RPvx23O because the torrent didn't work.

please don't troll that scanlation is terrible :(

EDIT: Mangastream still uses the Evil-Genius script. https://readms.net/r/berserk/358/5846/1

EDIT 2:

Psycho Landlord posted:

Mune, between this and Stellaris you are responsible for work on two of my favorite things and I just want you to know I appreciate that.
aw shucks :kiddo:

LordMune fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 28, 2019

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I love Skull Knight just being all "yo, remember me?" in his little panel

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

u mean Gaiseric Knight (no relation(???))

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Where would you get the Japanese scans anyway? Can you just buy the stuff from overseas? Are there any Chinese pirate sites I know nothing about? It seems silly that I spent years so I could read this stuff in the original and now have to stare at these CIA documents.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Rodyle posted:

This is kind of a fascinating look at what Griffith actually seems to want out of all this.

Also hey Foss, I forgot you existed at all, much less being alive.

"I love you, Mini-Me. You complete me."

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

genericnick posted:

Where would you get the Japanese scans anyway? Can you just buy the stuff from overseas? Are there any Chinese pirate sites I know nothing about? It seems silly that I spent years so I could read this stuff in the original and now have to stare at these CIA documents.

Hakusensha now publishes the digital edition of Young Animal day and date with print. Scroll down here and pay the 'serk tax.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

LordMune posted:

Hakusensha now publishes the digital edition of Young Animal day and date with print. Scroll down here and pay the 'serk tax.

And the tax is paid. Thanks.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So the dream has ascended to become "Be the Next Gaiseric" which will inevitably bring conflict to Elfhelm or some other area. I'd like there to be some Guts downtime so Griffith doesn't have an invasion of a small struggling city state before Guts talks to Caska, but Elfhelm could have a Tír na nÓg time dilation going on where a few days there is a few years elsewhere.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Elf Island time dilation is confirmed, so~

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I suspect we get Rickert building a country next.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Waiting for scanlations from EG was definitely worth it. Lots of good social commentary in this episode.

Ruflux posted:

Has the princess de-aged or something or did Miura just forget how to draw her because she looks pretty off-model and way younger than before to me? Griffith is kind of wonky in a couple of panels too. At least the nearly insanely meticulous detail work is still there, just look at that table or the text on the scrolls, god drat

A solid chapter overall. I love that the ending kind of suggests next chapter we'll be back to the really interesting stuff. Maybe it'll even release this year!

I noticed that too. You’d think Griffith was the one living on Elf Island, what with everyone slowly morphing into pouty-lipped bishonen characters.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The merging of reality turns people into pretty idealized forms of humanity.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Someone suggested that His hair was darkening as if he was femto and he had to gently caress off to do more evil poo poo to maintain his hawk visage.

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What predictable garbage. Monsuir ooh la la convinces everyone how to make his magic kingdom more like Disneyland and the artist draws the strawmen with that worried "b-b-but" look in their eyes like always.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's turning into the moonlight boy for sure, and maybe that's going to be the physical anchor to the world that lets Guts actually defeat him instead of him being outside causality and poo poo.

And Miura is a big enough rear end in a top hat to make it so defeating Griffith means killing Casca and his child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Ruflux posted:

Miura's artstyle has gotten more cartoony in general as time's gone on, if you compare how Farnese looks in the mindscape versus how she looked when she first showed up

He's still got the crazy draftsman stuff and detail going on but it is... different, certainly