Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

This is what happens when you let aristrocracy decide battleplans instead of professionals. Is like nobody had a better plan, or maybe nobody had a working plan so they defaulted in this bad one.

Maybe part of the plan is to have more than half the army killed, since they can't feed them.

I guess they have dig many trenches around the castle, and are ready to set them on fire, they may let 30% of the enemy forces in, then set the trenches on fire to deal with this 20%, then do that again and again.

First threnche
100 % of our forces against 20% of their forces.
Second threnche
90% of our forces against 20% of their forces
Third threnche
80% of our forces aginast 60% of their forces

Since they have a strong defensive position, if they also have numbers superiority, they can do something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Doltos posted:

They just gotta target the white walker's battering ram with flame arrows

No, the white walkers will be defeated by a bunch of flaming pigs, supplemented with Nymeria leading a pack of war dogs

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
You know what? I'll take a wildcard prediction. Dany dies tonight- not to the army of the dead, but because Cersei has an assassin waiting for the opportune moment.

Rhaegal dies, and Dany's mourning her lost dragon and she gets sniped. Drogon immediately murders the assassin but then flies off, nobody capable of controlling him, and with that their last real weapon against the Army of the Dead, lost.

The Living are completely, utterly hosed without Drogon and Rhaegal, and the last shot of the episode is of Melisandre returning to Westeros, at the turn of the tide, basically making us know that Dany's coming back next episode. I've got my own theories about how that happens, but I'll leave those be for now.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

if their big plan is to squeeze their cavalry in as tightly as possible with no room to manouver it kinda makes me feel better about how bad of a general i'd be irl. thanks, show.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
If only Jon had played a Total War game

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Who exactly does she competently rule over, exactly? Ain't no one left in King's Landing but the smallfolk, her garrison, and her zombie guards.

Smells like victory to me.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Tei posted:

This is what happens when you let aristrocracy decide battleplans instead of professionals. Is like nobody had a better plan, or maybe nobody had a working plan so they defaulted in this bad one.

The funny thing is the whole point of aristocracy is to have them be the war professionals. Like, they're here to be trained as early as possible into being good at it.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sky Shadowing posted:

You know what? I'll take a wildcard prediction. Dany dies tonight- not to the army of the dead, but because Cersei has an assassin waiting for the opportune moment.

Rhaegal dies, and Dany's mourning her lost dragon and she gets sniped. Drogon immediately murders the assassin but then flies off, nobody capable of controlling him, and with that their last real weapon against the Army of the Dead, lost.

The Living are completely, utterly hosed without Drogon and Rhaegal, and the last shot of the episode is of Melisandre returning to Westeros, at the turn of the tide, basically making us know that Dany's coming back next episode. I've got my own theories about how that happens, but I'll leave those be for now.
If the show still has any balls she'll live, because she has to betray Jon now.

She's far too invested in being "rightful" queen to leave any threats to that un-barbecued. Jon, Bran and Sam are the only people alive right now who know Jon's heritage, so they've obviously got to go.

Maybe it'll even happen as soon as tonight. She'll pull an "oops I and my dragon tripped" stunt in an attempt to get one of them eaten by wights.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Sky Shadowing posted:

tooterfish posted:

She's far too invested in being "rightful" queen to leave any threats to that un-barbecued. Jon, Bran and Sam are the only people alive right now who know Jon's heritage, so they've obviously got to go.

Maybe it'll even happen as soon as tonight. She'll pull an "oops I and my dragon tripped" stunt in an attempt to get one of them eaten by wights.

Yeah Dany and her dragon dying would be interesting but they definitely need her alive to complete this arc with Jon

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

tooterfish posted:

HOWLAND REED

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

YaketySass posted:

The funny thing is the whole point of aristocracy is to have them be the war professionals. Like, they're here to be trained as early as possible into being good at it.

Yeah, if the system worked the way it was supposed to, you have the nobles learning swordfighting and archery and tactics from a very young age and eating well all their lives, so they should naturally be some of the more skilled generals and best fighters by virtue of training and experience. It's why the Night's Watch paid so much attention to Jon Snow (besides him being the protagonist), he'd already been trained as a Northern-style knight since he was old enough to hold a sword.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Maarak posted:

This scene raises a interesting if trivial question: where is Pycelle buried? In the clip he assumes he'll continue to serve the crown until his bones are buried in the sept of Baelor, but that blows up on the day of his death. Cersei has Tommen cremated and deposited in the remains of the sept, but she hated Pycelle so I can't imagine that happened to him.

Spare parts in Qyburn's garage.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I bet Arya "dies" then shows up in a later episode and takes a wight/whitewalker mask off and whacks the NK.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

tooterfish posted:

Its Coke posted:

Yeah Dany and her dragon dying would be interesting but they definitely need her alive to complete this arc with Jon

See, I don't think that's Dany's arc, it's either her becoming 'The Queen They Chose' (by realizing if she wants to be Queen she should earn the loyalty of the people she's trying to rule) or her realizing she never really wanted to rule, all she wanted was a family and a home, and loving off.

I don't think she's evil, hot-tempered and impulsive yes, but remember that last season despite Tyrion outright advising her "do not put yourself at risk to go save Jon Snow, all that matters is you getting on the Iron Throne so you can fix Westeros" she still got on her dragons and went off to save Jon because she was the only one who could.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does Arya have to kill people and turn them into a mask before she can impersonate them? I can’t remember and am not certain if the show ever clarified how it works, as it could get really comic book-y really fast.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Killing Arya would be the biggest twist they could pull. Obviously that means it will not happen.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

killing arya in this episode would be anti-climactic for her character imo, unless her faceless men training pays off big time before it happens

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I'm tempted to make a bingo card of everyone that's left in this show and see how many get picked off.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

This poo poo better be a bloodbath.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c19HRM0x-lA

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

romanowski posted:

killing arya in this episode would be anti-climactic for her character imo, unless her faceless men training pays off big time before it happens

Pulls off her Arya mask to reveal she's been Syrio Forel this whole time

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

As Nero Danced posted:

I'm tempted to make a bingo card of everyone that's left in this show and see how many get picked off.

Everyone wins!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Night King pulls off face, Rickton is back baby!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Elephanthead posted:

Night King pulls off face, Rickton is back baby!

This but it’s Dickon

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
lol dick on

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

As Nero Danced posted:

Good idea. Here's a convenient list of every named character I could find who is confirmed to be at the Battle of Winterfell (i.e. no Melisandre despite the fact that maybe she will show up).

code:
Daenerys Targaryen
Jon Snow
Jorah Mormant
Lyanna Mormont
Grey Worm
Theon Greyjoy
Missandei of Naath
Rhaegal the Dragon
Drogon the Dragon
Tyrion Lannister
Ser Jaime Lannister
Ser Brienne of Tarth
Tormund 'Giantsbane'
Davos Seaworth
Varys
Sansa Stark
Arya Stark
Bran Stark
Podrick Payne
Gilly
Little Sam, Son of Gilly
Samwell Tarly
'Dolorous' Eddison Tollett
Beric Dondarion
'The Hound' Sandor Clegane
Gendry Storm
Yohn Royce
Use your preferred online generator, print off cards for everyone you're watching with, and go to town.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Arya pulls of her face mask, and it’s the Noid.

#bringbackthenoid

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
They're saved by The Maxx who was summoned by all the raping going on in the series

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
All of these endings are better then what we are getting.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I wonder if Hodor is part of the invading undead army, and if so, can Bran still warg into him?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Isn't warging how the Others control them already?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

NK raises Ramsay's dogs, which now shoot miniature Ramsays out of their mouths and/or butts, probably at Theon

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Unfortunately they keep aiming for his crotch, and against his mighty eunuch powers they all fall broken.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Bronn showing up at any point before, during, or after the battle is going to be hilarious and I can't wait for it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Threeway splitscreen where Grey Worm, Varys, âme Theon all smirk and look up at the same time after a baddie kicks them in the crotch.

This is canon until proven otherwise.

Mahatma Goonsay
Jun 6, 2007
Yum
Undead army skips winterfell and goes south to gently caress up kings landing.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Mahatma Goonsay posted:

Undead army skips winterfell and goes south to gently caress up kings landing.

And we get a 90 minute episode of everyone in the north continuing to wait around, drinking, singing, loving, and nothing important happening.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
holy poo poo this screenshot just got accidentally released by HBO

I think we now know what ghost is up to this episode

@_@

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

neutral milf hotel posted:

holy poo poo this screenshot just got accidentally released by HBO

I think we now know what ghost is up to this episode

@_@

:eyepop:
Dang, they really went all out on the effects for this episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Kevyn posted:

I wonder if Hodor is part of the invading undead army, and if so, can Bran still warg into him?

He'll be there and he'll hold the door open for the zombies.