Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

You mean two episodes of the remaining living desperately trying to escape and the iron islands discovering that undead dragons fly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I mean, anything's possible, but since Cersei and the Lannister forces aren't anywhere near the north in the next episode (barring some more of that teleportation action we've been getting since last season), I don't see any probability for Cleganebowl tomorrow. I'm guessing the final battle of the season / show is probably gonna be remaining living vs. Cersei, so the Hound is probably safe tomorrow.

I also kinda feel Arya is definitely safe for tomorrow and possibly the next episode, because considering her arc, I don't feel like she'll die before either having at least attempted to kill Cersei, or be party to her death.

I definitely see at least one of the pairs of interchangeable role characters dying, like Champion-wise, I think either Jamie or Brienne eat poo poo, same with characters like Jorah and Grey worm, or Davos and Tyrion as advisors. In terms of my death pool, that unfortunately makes almost everyone except for two people from that fire-side drinking/bullshitting/knighting scene from last Sunday supremely vulnerable.

I'm okay with absolutely everyone dying, though. Just :killing: already, damnit.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ya same I thought the battle of winterfell and subsequent deaths would be the last episode

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

By the way, if you would have told me before the beginning of the show that ~THE DEAD ARE COMING~ at the end of the 1st season and that they wouldn't actually get to Westeros until THE THIRD EPISODE OF THE LAST loving SEASON, I would have laughed you out of the room.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The best part is that if they'd never gone north to try grab a wight to make peace with the south, the dead would still be stuck north of the wall Nd Daenerys could clean up Cersei

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I realized later this week about Aryas list, which is presumably unfinished (I presume Cersei was on it but I forget), therefore making her arc incomplete.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Dead Reckoning posted:

also are the only people who can prove Jon is a Targaryen heir. 50/50 on Dany leaving Jon to die during the battle or putting a knife in his back directly,

I don’t think she’ll kill Jon. I’ve been doing a total rewatch and she just said in an episode I watched that was in Qarth that she isn’t going to have human children. Her dragons will be her only children.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I realized later this week about Aryas list, which is presumably unfinished (I presume Cersei was on it but I forget), therefore making her arc incomplete.

A kill list is a dumb plot device, not an "arc."

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

You mean two episodes of the remaining living desperately trying to escape and the iron islands discovering that undead dragons fly

I want the dead to leave a garrison in the north to pin down Winterfell, while the dragon goes and just sinks the loving Iron Islands.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Sarah posted:

I don’t think she’ll kill Jon. I’ve been doing a total rewatch and she just said in an episode I watched that was in Qarth that she isn’t going to have human children. Her dragons will be her only children.

Ah, but her source on that was the black magic witch who "saved" Drogo and as someone (I forgot who) pointed out, she might not be the most trustworthy person.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

A kill list is a dumb plot device, not an "arc."

Considering that she's wanted to kill Cersi for 7 seasons... yeah I'd say it's an Arc at this point.

Godholio posted:

Ah, but her source on that was the black magic witch who "saved" Drogo and as someone (I forgot who) pointed out, she might not be the most trustworthy person.

Jon said it.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Sarah posted:

Yeah, but I don't think she gives a poo poo about her genetic legacy: her entire motivation from Day 1 has been reclaiming the Iron Throne, and she's shown she's willing to be utterly ruthless to get it. She's not going to let another man snatch away her prize at the last minute. As long as Jon lives, he's a threat to her.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ya same I thought the battle of winterfell and subsequent deaths would be the last episode
I mean, the idea that we are our own worst enemies has been a pretty consistent theme.

My bet for the final scene: After a huge battle, Ciersi and Jamie are the only two left alive. He kills her and his unborn child to stop whatever madness she has planned, and collapses on to the Iron Throne, totally broken and alone, as snow begins to fall through the wrecked roof of the Great Hall.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Yeah, but I don't think she gives a poo poo about her genetic legacy: her entire motivation from Day 1 has been reclaiming the Iron Throne, and she's shown she's willing to be utterly ruthless to get it. She's not going to let another man snatch away her prize at the last minute. As long as Jon lives, he's a threat to her.

I've been re-watching S1-S7 and with the behind the episode commentary from the producers, what's more clear is that she loved her baby more than anything. It was only when her brother pointed a sword at her belly did she not bat an eye when he died. Same thing with Jorah - when he admitted that he sent a letter to Varys about her pregnancy - that's when she banished him the first time. Now she sees the dragons as her children because she thought she was the last Targaryen alive. Now she isn''t and it's possible she's carrying his child.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I'll probably make an End Game Thread when I get home but I just got to intermission and YO

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
lmao Does End Game seriously have an intermission???

Dead Reckoning posted:

My bet for the final scene: After a huge battle, Ciersi and Jamie are the only two left alive. He kills her and his unborn child to stop whatever madness she has planned, and collapses on to the Iron Throne, totally broken and alone, as snow begins to fall through the wrecked roof of the Great Hall.

I’d love this

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

beanieson posted:

lmao Does End Game seriously have an intermission???

I’d love this

It was like 3 hours of being tumbled in a drier and that's all I'm saying about it. And yes, 100% intermission. 7 minutes.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Maybe in your screening, mine didn't on Thursday afternoon.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Well then I may patron that particular theater more frequently.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

Maybe in your screening, mine didn't on Thursday afternoon.

Mine neither. Endgame good. Thought it all tied together nicely, maybe it could have been a few minutes shorter.

Loved the Fat Thor/Big Lebowski references.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I made an Avengers specific thead https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888237

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

The best part is that if they'd never gone north to try grab a wight to make peace with the south, the dead would still be stuck north of the wall Nd Daenerys could clean up Cersei

yeah that whole thing was loving dumb

Hey we know you all love these heroic tough guy bad dudes and their quips so we’re going to send them on an adventure! Surely our hero is out of op....oh here comes Uncle Benjen

How the gently caress did they get the chains on the dragon is what I wanna know. I mean I guess they can walk underwater...maybe?

I remember in a later intro the water next to that castle has frozen over and people theorized they were simply going to walk around the wall. Don’t remember if the water was frozen in the actual show, or if they showed it.

I’m still waiting for Syrio Forel to save the day and or reveal himself as the faceless man.

I guess the Nymeria scene was just paying homage to the books? She better not come save Arya with her wolfpack or some bs. With all that CGI money spent those wolves seemed pretty lame and just constantly died. Well, I guess Bran’s saved him

Also, WE NEVER SAW STANNIS DIE ON SCREEN! There’s still a chance! I forgot but where is the red witch again? Is she done? I think Jon exiled her but I don’t recall.

That witch did say Drogo would come back...if certain parameters were met. But yeah, I know if any old character came back people would put it together and leak the gently caress out of it with them being on the sets and not able to film other roles

Also is Cersei still pregnant? I know she’s been drinking wine, so not sure if that’s a factor.

Sorry for the mess of blabbering

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 27, 2019

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

So, we already agreed on everyone in the crypt being hosed because it's called the safest place to be.

But it just occurred to me that the crypt is full of corpses.

The White Walkers raise corpses.

:unsmigghh:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So, we already agreed on everyone in the crypt being hosed because it's called the safest place to be.

But it just occurred to me that the crypt is full of corpses.

The White Walkers raise corpses.

:unsmigghh:

Aren't all of the corpses in the crypt just bones, like they boil all of the flesh off in preparation for internment. And most of the army of the dead has some flesh left?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Don't you try to nail me down on specifics, I want to see zombie Ned and Rickon Stark tear poo poo up :colbert:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Don't you try to nail me down on specifics, I want to see zombie Ned and Rickon Stark tear poo poo up :colbert:

Don't forget zombie Lady. Also, I'm pretty sure that detail was in the books not the show.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Flikken posted:

Don't forget zombie Lady. Also, I'm pretty sure that detail was in the books not the show.

In the books the priest dude tried to raise her like he did the flaming sword guy, but she had been dead for days so it didn't quite work right.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

ded posted:

In the books the priest dude tried to raise her like he did the flaming sword guy, but she had been dead for days so it didn't quite work right.

Lady was Sansa's Direwolf.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Flikken posted:

Yeah, he made the same assumption as I did, thinking you meant Catelyn Stark, who is resurrected in the books and goes on a zombie rampage of vengeance, hanging Freys and Boltons left and right.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Flikken posted:

Well you said Zombie lady so... ya.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Were all gonna die tonight

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

beanieson posted:

Were all gonna die tonight

Where should I stand to be directly under the bombs?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Where should I stand to be directly under the bombs?

In the crypt, apparently.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

The third dragon rider has been leaked....

[spoiler][/spoler]

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

God tonight is going to suck so hard *le sigh*

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

SquirrelyPSU posted:

God tonight is going to suck so hard *le sigh*

me as a nonviewer

https://i.imgur.com/alO317W.gifv

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

beanieson posted:

The third dragon rider has been leaked....

[spoiler][/spoler]

I would loving LOVE if the various kingdoms of Westeros were so consumed with fighting the White Walkers and each other that they never noticed the dragons and dire wolves quietly conspiring to burn or maul whoever’s left standing at the end.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

EBB posted:

me as a nonviewer

Well I mean that's fair

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I would loving LOVE if the various kingdoms of Westeros were so consumed with fighting the White Walkers and each other that they never noticed the dragons and dire wolves quietly conspiring to burn or maul whoever’s left standing at the end.

Well the final episode of s7 WAS called the dragon and the wolf...

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

My reaction when people have been discussing impending deaths in this show has been that Jack Nicholson smiling and nodding gif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007