Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA to keep eating foods that gross out my gf?

Ah yes, "gross, unrecognizable, and foreign" food such as... crab and calamari. Truly disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
does she think all the produce in the us comes from the us? like she doesnt know what import is?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

Shes also a budding photographer so it’s great for her career. 

Ahh! It's a basic golem!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
As the Chinese proverb states: "A man who never eats pork bun is never a whole man."

Guy should eat what he wants. She can get mcdonalds and watch him demolish some amazing street food.

Edit: then he should try that weird preserved bird egg thing.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Resting Lich Face posted:

This bitch gets to go to Hong Kong and won't eat the local cuisine? Holy poo poo I'm jealous.

paging caberham

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

ilmucche posted:

Edit: then he should try that weird preserved bird egg thing.

Which one? There's a bunch.

Balut is the duck with the developed embryo

Century egg is the hella aged black one that's actually pretty good

Virgin boy egg is boiled in piss from... yeah...

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Which one? There's a bunch.

Balut is the duck with the developed embryo

Century egg is the hella aged black one that's actually pretty good

Virgin boy egg is boiled in piss from... yeah...

Think it's the balut. The one with the feathers. I try to be adventurous but I don't think I could do that one. Or the piss egg

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Gonna keep this short. My gf and I, both 25, have traveled extensively through SE Asia in the past 2 years. I love Asian foods and exploring night markets trying different street foods is one of my favorite things.

Last year we had a big blow up while we were in Bangkok at a big night market. I wanted to try a fried soft shell crab and my gf thought it was disgusting and unclean. I said there were tons of people here, including foreigners, and I want to be able to try something. I then wanted some fried squid and snails and she said the same thing. After a while I just said gently caress it and ate it anyways because we were there for only one night. She got incredibly upset at me.

We’re going to Hong Kong in two weeks and she brought up last year’s incident. She wants me to promise that I won’t eat anything she considers too gross, unrecognizable, and foreign. I say no and she asks me why I’m being so stubborn over this one thing that bothers her so much. She says it nearly makes her retch watching me put that kind of stuff in my mouth in some street alley. She says it’s the one habit of mine she finds extremely unbearable.

AITA if I just say no and keep eating the things I want? I get that it grosses her out but I feel like she’s being really controlling by making me agree to ask for her “permission” for everything I put in my mouth. It doesn’t help that she’s very picky and consider 50% of Asian foods to be “too gross” anyways. If I went her way we’d be having all of our meals in the hotel.

Lol, "Let's travel but not eat anything, that's a great idea" I say as I stay with this human wet blanket for reasons only discernible to my psychiatrist

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

This bitch gets to go to Hong Kong and won't eat the local cuisine? Holy poo poo I'm jealous.

don't be too jealous, the monkey's paw that gave her a career with lots of travel also cursed her with brain worms and replaced her tongue with a breadstick from olive garden

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

QuarkJets posted:

don't be too jealous, the monkey's paw that gave her a career with lots of travel also cursed her with brain worms and replaced her tongue with a breadstick from olive garden

I have pretty severe food allergies, so I have to be very careful when trying unfamiliar food. But the Hong Kong Mc Donald's has all kinds of things that are local favorites. Maybe she'll eat those.

Nahh, who am I kidding. It'll be a Happy Meal with apple slices because.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

ilmucche posted:

As the Chinese proverb states: "A man who never eats pork bun is never a whole man."

:hai:

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Khazar-khum posted:

I have pretty severe food allergies, so I have to be very careful when trying unfamiliar food. But the Hong Kong Mc Donald's has all kinds of things that are local favorites. Maybe she'll eat those.

Nahh, who am I kidding. It'll be a Happy Meal with apple slices because.

nah, it could be chinese apples

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Wow, and here I thought I was the whitest person on the planet.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Admiral Ray posted:

"likes the culture"

Hahahahahahah!

-complains about ~foreignness~ of food
-likes foreign cultures

Checks out

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Something about seeing people eat shrimp really grosses me out. I'm not sure what it is, I've even eaten shrimp and don't hate it.

So naturally, if I'm with friends and they have shrimp, I get extremely angry at them for eating something that grosses me out.*

actually I just don't look at them eating it, and carry on as normal except I stay looking at the TV or whatever instead.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

She likes how photographing foreign cultures boosts her Instagram photographer metrics. Maybe one day she'll get a paying photography gig out of it!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
There's foods I'm not the biggest fan of but I'll try just about anything. Off the top of my head I the only things I can think of that I draw the line at would be like, brains, human flesh, and that one maggot cheese where you have to hold your hand over the bowl because they jump at you.

Unsurprisingly this has yet to become an issue in my life.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Gonna keep this short. My gf and I, both 25, have traveled extensively through SE Asia in the past 2 years. I love Asian foods and exploring night markets trying different street foods is one of my favorite things.

Last year we had a big blow up while we were in Bangkok at a big night market. I wanted to try a fried soft shell crab and my gf thought it was disgusting and unclean. I said there were tons of people here, including foreigners, and I want to be able to try something. I then wanted some fried squid and snails and she said the same thing. After a while I just said gently caress it and ate it anyways because we were there for only one night. She got incredibly upset at me.

We’re going to Hong Kong in two weeks and she brought up last year’s incident. She wants me to promise that I won’t eat anything she considers too gross, unrecognizable, and foreign. I say no and she asks me why I’m being so stubborn over this one thing that bothers her so much. She says it nearly makes her retch watching me put that kind of stuff in my mouth in some street alley. She says it’s the one habit of mine she finds extremely unbearable.

AITA if I just say no and keep eating the things I want? I get that it grosses her out but I feel like she’s being really controlling by making me agree to ask for her “permission” for everything I put in my mouth. It doesn’t help that she’s very picky and consider 50% of Asian foods to be “too gross” anyways. If I went her way we’d be having all of our meals in the hotel.

I was waiting for the "gross" exotic foreign food.
And lol at soft shell loving crab.
This gf sucks horribly.

I can get soft shell crab down at any old medium level coastal restaurant in American suburbia and this absolute yawn of a woman is having the vapors over it.

Grape fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 28, 2019

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

quick someone complain about the cat army avatars so they buy another batch

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

christmas boots posted:

There's foods I'm not the biggest fan of but I'll try just about anything. Off the top of my head I the only things I can think of that I draw the line at would be like, brains, human flesh, and that one maggot cheese where you have to hold your hand over the bowl because they jump at you.

Brain is kinda gross, but not as bad as you'd think considering what it is. Think custard.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

-complains about ~foreignness~ of food
-likes foreign cultures

Checks out

She’s not even complaining about the food, she’s complaining that it’s “unclean.” That angle makes her sound super loving racist. Does she think brown people pull crabs out of their rear end?

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

Ohhhhh no I would really hate to have a cat avi :allears:

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

christmas boots posted:

Casu marzu is illegal so you probably won’t run into that. Although I’m sure it’s available on the black market somewhere for anyone who’s desperate to try. Same for human flesh too maybe!

I’d give brain a try, as long we’re not talking human brain. I don’t want one of those crazy diseases.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Geez, it's not like you have to eat the food yourself, lady. Let him have his fried squid while you eat your american chicken tendies

FAUXTON posted:

Oh no, not a cute cat avatar that would be something awful

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

yeah the "their produce is UNCLEAN" thing made me think that she's more of a racist than a standard variety picky eater.

It's really sad, because food is the oldest and most important component of human culture. It is completely impossible to appreciate Hong Kong or anywhere else if you don't try the food.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Motronic posted:

As someone who grew up in FF/EMS, she will be there. But she's like......cleaning linens and making up a story about being a trauma surgeon. This is a thing, and it's common, mostly with people in the mid to early 20s who feel that they are underachievers + some special sort of crazy/broken to lie like this. I've inadvertently busted MULTIPLE people doing this. One so brazenly that they tried to include me in their story while I was there, me as a (very former) FF/Medic, to confirm that they worked in the ER. And they did.......but not in any kind of capacity they were claiming. (this was a "I am a trauma nurse" vs. the reality of "I make coffee for you guys when I hear you're on radio and coming in and also restock your truck while you do paperwork")

Seeing the update after you posted this and wow.... you loving nailed it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my gay wife that she is not welcome to our family events anymore?

My wife came out of the closet a couple of years ago. She was actually cheating on me with another woman and it was exposed. She admitted to the cheating, told me that she was gay and decided to give me full custody of our daughter (8f) because she wanted to explore her nature. She visited our daughter like 5 times in these couple of years. She even missed her birthday last year and my daughter got very upset.

We were married for 13 years, so she was very close to my family. Now, my wife suddenly had an epiphany and felt that she had to be a part of my daughters life now. She feels really sorry for what she's done. So, my wife wants to attend our family events like barbeques and dinners we have on weekends now. No one from my family is particularly keen on meeting up with her.

So I told her that she was not welcome. I told her that I'd have no problem having her over for birthdays or other major events, but I definitely don't want to see her every weekend. She thinks I'm being very inconsiderate and I should understand her POV because coming out was really difficult for her. In my opinion, she only came out because I caught her cheating on me for over an year. That was just deciet. And she never even cared for these couple of years. Also, I don't want to be buddies with her. AITA here?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

i'm confused, are they divorced?

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my gay wife that she is not welcome to our family events anymore?

Not the rear end in a top hat. lovely position for her to be in but can't justify cheating. Also lol at her caring after giving up full custody. She wanted out of there as fast as possible.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for saying “There goes the neighborhood” to my new Middle Eastern neighbors?

quote:

The meth heads who lived next door disappeared some time a few months ago and I came home from work Friday to see new people moving their things in. My wife and I walked over to say hello and I jokingly said as we walked up “well there goes the neighborhood.” They kinda laughed, but admittedly awkwardly and we introduced ourselves and they introduced themselves and etc etc. They were very nice, but when we mentioned we often have barbecues and a few of the neighbors join us, they seemed to make excuses for why they probably wouldn’t be able to make it. No big deal. We came home and as soon as we were in the door, my wife rounded on me saying how hosed up it was that I said “there goes the neighborhood because they are middle eastern people!” It honestly never even entered my mind what race they were except maybe in a passing thought. We live in a very diverse city with a lot of Hispanic and middle eastern people, (but admittedly a kinda white neighborhood) and they just seemed like people moving in next door. The whole joke stemmed from the fact that the people who lived there before were crazy and on drugs and homophobic (they told us all about it) and the new people seemed like a normal family. I didn’t end up mentioning this to the new neighbors though, but only because I didn’t want to seem like I was talking about people behind their backs. I still think without the context, the joke was fine, but my wife is insisting that it was distasteful and racist and makes me look like the racist white guy next door. I think she’s being way too sensitive and she’s the one who is singling out people by even imagining they would be offended by it. So AITA for saying “There goes the neighborhood” to the Middle Eastern family moving in next door?

Edit: I should also add that my wife thinks naming the WiFi “pretty fly for a wifi” is racist, so I think she’s hypersensitive, but well intentioned.

You dumb gently caress

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for being furious with my fiancé because he's excited about Game of Thrones tonight when my grandfathers funeral was just on Friday?

I will say up front, I am devastated and may not be thinking rationally. My grandfather raised me for several years off and on after my mom died and my dad was in the Navy. He is one three people (the other's being my dad and fiancé) that I truly love the most on the planet. He was absolutely fine on April 18th, on April 19th he had a massive heart attack and was gone instantly. I am literally beside myself with grief. We had planned on spending the summer driving around the area where he grew up in Northern Louisiana so he could show me where he was born, where he went to school and on and on. I am beside myself that among everything else we won't be taking this trip and I'm in the middle of cancelling reservations and have to explain that my grandfather died over and over to hotels and airlines. It's just a constant reminder of how sad I am. This comes after planning a funeral, going to the funeral, dealing with hundreds of people telling me how sad they are and on and on.

My fiancé had been really great through the whole process and was a lot of help to me and my dad. I have to give him that. But this morning I was literally on the phone with United Airlines trying to explain why we won't be going on the trip, asking if "proof of death" is really necessary.

In the other room I heard my fiancé on the phone with someone and he said "I am so loving excited about game of thrones tonight, I haven't been looking forward to something like this for months!"

I lost my poo poo, like literally hung up with the airlines and started screaming at him that not only are we getting married and he should be looking forward to that and plus what the gently caress, my grandfather just died and he has the nerve to be pulling this poo poo with me now. After all I'd been through in the past two weeks to hear him say that the thing he is "most" excited about is a loving TV show? I kicked him out of the apartment and told him I never wanted to see him again (which of course isn't true).

He just texted me that he's giving me some time to chill out and he'll come home whenever I'm ready to see him again. Now that he said that and didn't get mad at me, I feel really bad. Am I an rear end in a top hat or am I just not thinking clearly because of grief?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Grape posted:

Brain is kinda gross, but not as bad as you'd think considering what it is. Think custard.

It’s really more the concept of eating a brain, the seat of consciousness and all that icks me out. Also I never would have guessed custard.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Coming to terms with your sexuality is one thing, abandoning your daughter for a few years is another

You burned that bridge

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i'm confused, are they divorced?

I'm assuming they separated but not legally divorced

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My wife came out of the closet a couple of years ago. She was actually cheating on me with another woman and it was exposed. She admitted to the cheating, told me that she was gay and decided to give me full custody of our daughter (8f) because she wanted to explore her nature. She visited our daughter like 5 times in these couple of years. She even missed her birthday last year and my daughter got very upset.

We were married for 13 years, so she was very close to my family. Now, my wife suddenly had an epiphany and felt that she had to be a part of my daughters life now. She feels really sorry for what she's done. So, my wife wants to attend our family events like barbeques and dinners we have on weekends now. No one from my family is particularly keen on meeting up with her.

So I told her that she was not welcome. I told her that I'd have no problem having her over for birthdays or other major events, but I definitely don't want to see her every weekend. She thinks I'm being very inconsiderate and I should understand her POV because coming out was really difficult for her. In my opinion, she only came out because I caught her cheating on me for over an year. That was just deciet. And she never even cared for these couple of years. Also, I don't want to be buddies with her. AITA here?

I still like these twist ones best.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for saying “There goes the neighborhood” to my new Middle Eastern neighbors?

You dumb gently caress

For marrying that humorless sow? I agree.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

My (31M) fiance (36F) secretly became a Findomme to help finance our wedding

quote:

throwaway for many reasons. thanks to reddit for suggesting throwaway usernames when you make a new account now!

My fiance and I have been together for three years. we got engaged last october and are very much in love. she is my everything, my best friend, the most loving, kind, brilliant, etc etc person I have ever met. I could go on all day but this is not what this is about.

As we have been beginning planning our wedding over the last few months a major concern has been budget. We are not wealthy, and neither of our families has a lot of money to throw at us (not that we would ask anyhow) and regardless we mutually decided that a budget priority would be saving for a house, rather than an overly extravagant event. About in january we agreed that we would look for and take on some side jobs to get additional cash flow. I started helping out at a local bike garage, and she picked up some WfH jobs in online stuff, fixing up peoples' websites and online stores, which she is very good at.

Then, two days ago, she forgot her cell phone at home while I was on my day off, doing some regular housework. She gchatted me and told me if anyone called to just let it go to voicemail - no problem. But later in the afternoon, I was walking by and her screen lit up from an incoming notification, so I glanced at the phone and saw a couple text notifications from her sister, as well as a venmo of $500 or thereabouts. I presumed it was for one of the clients she had done web work for so I messaged her "just saw you got paiiiid babe nice job" with a money face emoji. she sent some hearts back and I went on with my day. However, when she got home, she seemed very quiet and distant, but I assumed she'd had a hard day at her regular job, and tried to take extra care of her, making dinner, a little extra hugs kisses, etc...and then out of the clear blue evening sky she just says "I have a huge confession to make." my heart jumped a little bit but I tried to keep calm and not over-think anything.

She was visibly shaking and just started spilling everything before I could really respond. She apparently met up with an old high school friend a couple of months ago who is a sex worker, and who suggested trying her hand at Findom. If you're unfamiliar, it is basically making men give you money. Anyhow, she told and showed me how she set up a twitter, fetlife, instagram, and other online accounts, and started looking for subs, or "pigs" as she referred to them. She apparently is quite good at this and has been making somteimes over $1000 a week doing...very little, aside from posting risque photos on her profiles with captions about wanting boys to prove they were rich by sending her money.

I was floored...but also a little proud? She was sobbing and I tried to comfort her as much as I could, just my mind was spinning with everything she told me. She kept repeating that she never did anything explicitly sexual or met anyone in person and I believe her. We have slept separately since then...fortunately our apartment has a full guest room with a good bed so I'm not just couchin' it lol

The last day and a bit has just been me reeling with this...Like I genuinely believe she did this to make money and help us out, but there's the huge breach of trust. We've both been at our regular jobs today and yesterday so haven't had much time to talk. I just feel so exhausted. I tried to look at the twitter she made out of morbid curiosity but she already deleted it.

We both have Tuesday off and we decided we're going to have a serious day together to talk and work through this. How do I prepare myself for the possibility that there's more secret stuff she hasn't told me? How do we move past this and how do I secure myself that she is being honest?

tl;dr, title

Goddamn, someone find me some pay pigs

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA because I stopped to get breakfast when my pregnant wife couldn't eat.

My wife was pregnant, we were going to a scan, or something, which meant she wasn't allowed to eat for a prolonged period of time before, few hours, but because the scan was first thing (09:00) in the morning she hadn't eaten since since about 19:00 the previous day.

The plan was that I would go to the scan with her, then take her home and then go straight to work. I didn't have any annual leave left to take so my boss told me I could go but I'd have to work though lunch to work it back and stay late to make up if it took longer than an hour. So I knew I potentially wouldn't have time to pick up anything to eat until 18:30 - 19:00.

So on the way to the scan I called into McDonald's drive thru to get breakfast because there was nothing in the house. My wife flipped out, calling me selfish and inconsiderate and cried a lot.

I explained to her why but she didn't care, she said I was being unsupportive and selfish. I don't think I was wrong, if the roles were reversed i would positively insist that someone I care about get breakfast.

Was I being an rear end in a top hat ?

Quick update

There was no possibility of me going after, I had to go right to work, only had a bit of time before because we left 10 minutes early.

what's really weird is that based on the comments, this happened five years ago, but OP posted it today. So he must really be holding onto a grudge...

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Grape posted:

I immediately interpreted this as "custard that can think." No custard for me for a while.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for making my father cry on purpose?

quote:

Throw away bro is sometimes on reddit.

My wealthy father asked me to take time off of my job to install floors in my bros house he just bought him. I told him no making him cry.

Background: my father and stepmother have always shown him more favoritism I'm a girl so obvious. They kicked my out when I was 14 because I was lazy and difficult after my accident ( am partially handicapped) they didn’t want my bad attitude around their son, understandable. They were kind to me and still paid for my bills, So they still cared for me I was just not allowed in their home, but bought me an apartment and I could live there! I don't want you to think they didn't have reason I was a bad kid who started drinking at 11. I lived with my biological mother before that and she was a bad person which is where I get it. My father still tells me that she was a very kind and good woman until she was pregnant with me, I turned her evil. Eventually I was taken from my mother and place with my father because my mother unable to care for me.

I am jealous of my bro, I know I shouldn't be but they have bought him a house, a car, paid for a very good private high school and have paid for his full college. It is their money that they have earned through hard work so they can spend it how they like. An education would have been waist on me any way as I am pretty stupid. But knowing he's now an electrical engineer who lives in a rich area, while I struggle to pay bills hurts a lot, they evicted me a week before my 18th birthday and I have been supporting myself since.

Well when my father called to ask if I could come help (I don't talk to him much), I told him no. You might think this is fair as I have health problems and they have not always been fair. But the jealous snapped and I wanted to hurt him. I was very cruel and told my father every terrible thing my mother had done to me not leaving out any detail (it's very very bad), then I told him every terrible thing that ever happened to me after he kicked me out. I laughed at him and told him he was terrible and I was glad I hurt him. In case you don't believe me my bro has told them that they have treated me very badly to their face before. I hung up on him and my stepmother called me back screaming about how awful I was to do that to my father and how he was crying on the floor and would not get up. Now I feel very bad for him and for not helping my bro. (I am 32, and my brother is 26).

AITA for making him cry after he cared for me, and for slowing the work on my brothers home? This has been bothering me a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for being furious with my fiancé because he's excited about Game of Thrones tonight when my grandfathers funeral was just on Friday?

I will say up front, I am devastated and may not be thinking rationally. My grandfather raised me for several years off and on after my mom died and my dad was in the Navy. He is one three people (the other's being my dad and fiancé) that I truly love the most on the planet. He was absolutely fine on April 18th, on April 19th he had a massive heart attack and was gone instantly. I am literally beside myself with grief. We had planned on spending the summer driving around the area where he grew up in Northern Louisiana so he could show me where he was born, where he went to school and on and on. I am beside myself that among everything else we won't be taking this trip and I'm in the middle of cancelling reservations and have to explain that my grandfather died over and over to hotels and airlines. It's just a constant reminder of how sad I am. This comes after planning a funeral, going to the funeral, dealing with hundreds of people telling me how sad they are and on and on.

My fiancé had been really great through the whole process and was a lot of help to me and my dad. I have to give him that. But this morning I was literally on the phone with United Airlines trying to explain why we won't be going on the trip, asking if "proof of death" is really necessary.

In the other room I heard my fiancé on the phone with someone and he said "I am so loving excited about game of thrones tonight, I haven't been looking forward to something like this for months!"

I lost my poo poo, like literally hung up with the airlines and started screaming at him that not only are we getting married and he should be looking forward to that and plus what the gently caress, my grandfather just died and he has the nerve to be pulling this poo poo with me now. After all I'd been through in the past two weeks to hear him say that the thing he is "most" excited about is a loving TV show? I kicked him out of the apartment and told him I never wanted to see him again (which of course isn't true).

He just texted me that he's giving me some time to chill out and he'll come home whenever I'm ready to see him again. Now that he said that and didn't get mad at me, I feel really bad. Am I an rear end in a top hat or am I just not thinking clearly because of grief?

This lady is out of meet mind on grief and her fiance is being pretty awesome about it. Yes lady, you are the rear end in a top hat, but it sounds like you are self reflective enough to realize that so hopefully you can apologize to him and and move forward with the wedding.