Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I really love how calm all the pursuers look. Seems like they've just been chilling out for the past year, maybe training with each other, passing from village to village doing chores for people. Even their clothes are clean!

It'll be a perfect comparison for after they get all rowdy again in this big fighting tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im sure theyve all been doing violence to fund their lifestyles

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Begemot posted:

I really love how calm all the pursuers look. Seems like they've just been chilling out for the past year, maybe training with each other, passing from village to village doing chores for people. Even their clothes are clean!

It'll be a perfect comparison for after they get all rowdy again in this big fighting tournament.

The 108 are the beginning of Maya's new Middle Army. Despite what she keeps saying, it's her nature to teach them and it's their nature to learn.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I don't know about teach, but it certainly seems to be in her nature to gather followers just by virtue of her presence and skill.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is because she is royalty

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

I'm pretty sure he would allow anyone to participate because he wants someone strong and he's a part of a pact that has 3 women2 women and 1 mass of worms that looks like a woman on board, but at the same time his martial arts literally doesn't allow him to have any descendants but male ones. So maybe he only wants a king for the Celestial Empire and not a Queen. :shrug:

"Martial arts bullshit" is formally the reason he doesn't have any daughters but that doesn't mean it can't be deliberate choice martial arts bullshit. Given his originally family was daughters it seems pretty likely he just doesn't want anything approaching "replacing" them.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
"A man that ascends to the top shall duel the god emperor himself!"

The women, living books, golden genderless babies, demons, goblins and fish in the audience: :mad:

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I'm assuming women are included but it would be totally on brand for SolDav if women had to disguise themselves to compete, and if Allison win the tournament he'll get to tut-tut about how "the announcers specifically said 'a man'.:agesilaus:"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Solomon David's only weaknesses are his nipples, which is why they are in constant motion

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
wasn't that a plot point in dr mcninja ?

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

A Single Sphink posted:

I kinda want to make a Taoist swordsman for the new Legend of the Five Rings game now.

It's definitely the school most likely to have Rules of Nature as it's background theme.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

thatbastardken posted:

wasn't that a plot point in dr mcninja ?

Dr McNinja had many free floating erogenous-based villains, you'll have to be more specific.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Who What Now posted:

Dr McNinja had many free floating erogenous-based villains, you'll have to be more specific.

evil ninja franz with his butt chakra? i think? it's been a while since i read it.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
No, clearly we're thinking about this backwards.

Participating in the tournament automatically makes you a man under the laws of the Celestial Empire.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Tarezax posted:

Gun witches don't die so easily, it seems

When was it suggested she died? You can see her alive and well, fighting in the Siege of Yre spread.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

When was it suggested she died? You can see her alive and well, fighting in the Siege of Yre spread.

https://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/148325169525/hey-i-dont-know-if-youre-planning-on-killing

quote:

Q Anonymous asked:
Hey, I don't know if you're planning on killing Layla, but DON'T KILL LAYLA.

A brb killin’ layla

Should have stayed dead, IMO

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

When Layla dies, one of her guns takes over as the new Layla.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It's actually "Gun? Which?"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dead Reckoning posted:

Should have stayed dead, IMO

That which is dead can never die

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jossar posted:

No, clearly we're thinking about this backwards.

Participating in the tournament automatically makes you a man under the laws of the Celestial Empire.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Who What Now posted:

That witch is dead can never die

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

GunnerJ posted:

Who What Now posted:

Ding Dong! that Witch is dead can never die!

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Kai Tave posted:

I can't wait for Layla Brimstone to shoot Solomon David and draw blood because nobody's ever just tried shooting with a gun before and now a very surprised gunwitch is in charge of 1/7th of Creation.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

That's before the Siege of Yre (Mammon's vault), where you can see her alive. So we already knew she survived this.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

To be fair, we know Zoss is dead and we've seen him tooling around, so sometimes it's hard to be sure.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Kai Tave posted:

I can't wait for Layla Brimstone to shoot Solomon David and draw blood because nobody's ever just tried shooting with a gun before and now a very surprised gunwitch is in charge of 1/7th of Creation.

This is the alternate universe which Enter the Gungeon is set in.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ashcans posted:

To be fair, we know Zoss is dead and we've seen him tooling around, so sometimes it's hard to be sure.
I can't believe that with all the multiverse to work with, the concept of a gun zombie eludes people.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Brought To You By posted:

I can't believe that with all the multiverse to work with, the concept of a gun zombie eludes people.

Send more paramedics.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
It's not losing all of her blood that's fatal to a gunwitch, it's when you run out of ammo.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I wanna know what this guy's deal is.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Gnome de plume posted:

It's not losing all of her blood that's fatal to a gunwitch, it's when you run out of ammo.

Gunwitches can press up on the D-pad to convert blood to bullets.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I wanna know what this guy's deal is.

bearer of the words "small" and "far"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
monky

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

wiegieman posted:

The 108 are the beginning of Maya's new Middle Army. Despite what she keeps saying, it's her nature to teach them and it's their nature to learn.

I wonder if there are still 108 after a year.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

OhFunny posted:

I wonder if there are still 108 after a year.

Abbadon said they die all the time but get replaced at aproximately the same rate.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Yeah, the idea is that at any given time there are roughly 108 random dumbasses in pursuit of her, but it’s not 108 specific individuals.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Makes you wonder why Jadis picked a hundred and eight as the number to give.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Mammon's the math nerd, she just thought it sounded cool.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

YaketySass posted:

Mammon's the math nerd, she just thought it sounded cool.

Mottom was good with numbers in her youth, though who knows if she ever developed that further after being forced into marriage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Mammon's the one who genuinely finds that stuff interesting.

Mottom studied it because that's what her parents thought she ought to do to be a suitable match.