Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hopefully they Twilight 5 this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Harlock posted:

The show is fun garbage it's okay to admit this just dont confuse it with a narrative epic

I think the show oscillates between fun garbage and a narrative epic. We've seen this since the sexposition in Season 1. Definitely has swung more to the former since Season 5, though.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Midgetskydiver posted:

I also love how the Night King was just invulnerable to dragon fire but a metal knife kills him instantly.

Definitely makes sense and the writers are good.

I appreciated the little smile he had after the dragon fire.

As much as I might rag on it, that episode was great.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I can't believe the "gonna buy a yacht and sail around the world together, yep, two weeks til retirement" rear end Grey Worm lived

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
gently caress yeah that stab was awesome

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Elephanthead posted:

I was waiting for him to kneel at Brans feet and be like oh gently caress Bran is killing everyone.

:same:

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

Sydin posted:

I kinda like the idea that Arya's anime bullshit just doesn't play against the literal army of the dead.

This post did not age well

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Majorian posted:

Yes, Lyanna Mormont did get a good death.

:mad:

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Starks posted:

Gendry is the rightful king bro

Have you considered the "Bigger Army" Laws of Inheritance?

shirts and skins posted:

I can't believe the "gonna buy a yacht and sail around the world together, yep, two weeks til retirement" rear end Grey Worm lived

One thing I'll give the writers credit for is that they love to occasionally subvert expectations with things like this. They have a ton of characters "closure" scenes, which in a normal show would mean they're gonners.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Does this mean Arya is Azor Ahai???

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

shirts and skins posted:

If anything that's funny enough that I'm on board.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kawalimus posted:

It's gonna end that Cersei was right the whole time about not sending anyone to help.

I guess now the Cleganebowl is all but guaranteed.

I hope Cersei does win because her plan worked flawlessly for her.

Her enemies are down to basically the named characters or completely dead :rip: Night King right king

Arya is going to anime kill Cersei too

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

If Theon had waited like two minutes before his suicide charge he probably woulda been ok

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

still lollin that they actually wrote and filmed that.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Also what the gently caress was Bran warging into the crows the whole time for? What did that accomplish?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Next ep should just put up a title card: 9 months later and then aria rips out a child and they proclaim it king, the end.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

a new study bible! posted:

Can one of the Martells swoop in and save us from Dany taking the throne?

Lol, please do not bring back the sand snakes

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Wanna see Jon force House Glover to clean up the mess.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

what do we got left 3 episodes? Don't see how that's gonna be enough time to make this next bit compelling

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I told myself I would be happy with whatever happened this episode so long as we got zombie Hodor.

We didn’t.

:mad:

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

The most impressive part of this episode was how they managed to only kill off characters I thought were already dead like melisandre and edd

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Rosalind posted:

Also what the gently caress was Bran warging into the crows the whole time for? What did that accomplish?
That’s Bran’s entire arc

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope Cersei does win because her plan worked flawlessly for her.

Her enemies are down to basically the named characters or completely dead :rip: Night King right king

Arya is going to anime kill Cersei too

Two dragons though are better then 20k golden jerkwads that don't even have war elephants.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Rosalind posted:

It reminded the audience that Bran can warg into crows and that he really should have been doing that for the past two episodes to update everybody on where the NK was and what he was doing.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

ghost is alive too

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

That was some dumb Hollywood bullshit. :( Did they even show how Arya got around the hundreds of not-zombies surrounding Bran?

I figured she was hiding up in the tree.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Rosalind posted:

Congratulations on having put more thought into the script than the writers.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
It was poor tactics (though admittedly I'm not sure Dothraki are smart enough for tactics beyond "charge it with our horses") but the visual of them riding out with flaming blades (especially from the dragon's perspective) and then gradually going out was a neat start to things. Also the shot of the dragons rising above the storm was equally gorgeous. Add that one brief moment where I honestly thought "wow, they're actually going to go with the bad guys winning outright" right before the Arya ex machina and that was pretty much the good parts of the episode. The Arya ending was ludicrous as hell of course (there's no way in HELL she does that in the books) but I will grant I got massive entertainment value imagining how many people yelled "Oh bullshit!" at their screens simultaneously :lol:. Ah well, just wonder what they'll pull out of their butts for Cersei now, but even at its worst this is still entertaining at least.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
We just have to train an assassin to kill climate change. How did we never see it before?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

MadDogMike posted:

It was poor tactics (though admittedly I'm not sure Dothraki are smart enough for tactics beyond "charge it with our horses") but the visual of them riding out with flaming blades (especially from the dragon's perspective) and then gradually going out was a neat start to things.

:yeah:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/RVincent95/status/1122691829642743808

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Rosalind posted:

What did that accomplish?

Hi welcome to Game of Thrones.

I feel like it was just for the "I'm going now" memes

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Starks posted:

The most impressive part of this episode was how they managed to only kill off characters I thought were already dead like melisandre and edd

Sam's plot armor was more impressive to me, lay on ground crying while millions of dead kill everyone around you

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The other funniest possibility after Aria would have been Bran shooting out one of the elf fireballs into Night Kings forehead.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

wyoak posted:

That’s Bran’s entire arc

Game of Thrones, All Starks are pointless.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Bip Roberts posted:

Next ep should just put up a title card: 9 months later and then aria rips out a child and they proclaim it king, the end.
unironically agree

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao that the literal singular purpose of Bran and the three eyed raven is just zombie bait. Nothing else.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Imagine being this guy lmao who can’t enjoy anything

It's not a matter of not enjoying anything. It's that it's a dumb ending to the show. The White Walkers were the threat from the beginning of the show. They shouldn't have been the pit stop on the way to Cerseiville. I just don't see how anything in King's Landing will be as remotely fun as this episode, Clegane Bowl aside. It would have been a loving great way to end the show with the White Walkers winning at the very end. I didn't watch Soprano's, but I remember the ending being controversial like 10 years ago, and people being upset at it. Imagine if the biggest action TV show of all time ended with the good guys actually losing. Instead this entire episode was filled with main characters with plot armor over and over, and the big baddie making the dumbest mistake ever.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

DoctorGonzo posted:

That was the dumbest loving thing i have ever seen

Turn on your monitor lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Only satisfying bit for Bran at the end was if he gets up, stabs the Night King, pulls off his face, it was Arya! They made the switch! (mission impossible theme kicks in as credits roll)