Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Griffin makes a really good guest, I hope they can find more reasons to bring him on other than just The Tick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The payoff of Tim actually secretly recording his annoyed and bored wife absolutely destroyed me.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Yea I was expecting them to set up a bit for improv and then it's really just a recording.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

mrking posted:

Yea I was expecting them to set up a bit for improv and then it's really just a recording.

"Do you love to laugh?" "Hmmmmmm...."

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
that was such a good episode, it felt like old times

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m only about 10 minutes or so through the first episode of I Think You Should Leave and it’s pretty amazing. Jokes hitting super hard (and I watched it after a Veep double bill and while going through an incredibly lovely time where I can’t believe I’m laughing at anything right now).

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://twitter.com/earwolf/status/1121106843974230017

I kinda want it a lot

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Vinyl is an insane waste of money but I am kinda sad I missed that Farts and Procreation release. Hopefully they'll get around to a reprint.

Now if they really wanna print money they'll do a 45 single of Monster gently caress.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

ArtVandelay posted:

The payoff of Tim actually secretly recording his annoyed and bored wife absolutely destroyed me.

These were my favorite parts. Especially the second one about the title of the show. "Honey, I named it that so at the club people would say 'I think you should leave with Tim Robinson.'" "Okay."

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Finished the show and like 80%+ of the sketches killed. I need more but quality over quantity won out, and I’m fine with that.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

Finished the show and like 80%+ of the sketches killed. I need more but quality over quantity won out, and I’m fine with that.

It is soooo good. I was amazed when netflix said I was done with it. It's like only an hour in total, so it flys by. Hope he gets to make more, they were masterful sketches.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

jeeves posted:

Vinyl is an insane waste of money but I am kinda sad I missed that Farts and Procreation release. Hopefully they'll get around to a reprint.

Now if they really wanna print money they'll do a 45 single of Monster gently caress.

Well, they did a reprint and by the time I got the email an hour after it was sent it was all gone.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

jeeves posted:

Well, they did a reprint and by the time I got the email an hour after it was sent it was all gone.

https://twitter.com/earwolf/status/1121864250266406913?s=19

Belome
Jan 1, 2013
Is this run time for real?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Belome posted:

10 hours. Insanity.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Belome posted:

part 1!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah it says it'll be on Stitcher as one part. It's not updated on mine though.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Adomian on the guest list

Belome
Jan 1, 2013
The guest list is crazy. Is this the last episode? I want to skip to the end and find out but I'm going to try to resist.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

And there we go, updated. That runtime is crazy intimidating. Gonna listen to 10% and then go to sleep.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
holy poo poo

a podcast that will take me an entire week to listen to; this rules

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
lmao

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Man, I thought maybe it was a weird browser error or something but holy poo poo, it's an about 900MB, 10 hour podcast episode. Wow.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
This is great

edit - Haven't even listened to it. It's funny already due to the sheer fact it is 10 hours long.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Jesus Christ

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Can’t believe that both parts were released at the same time too, crazy. I need something to take my mind off life right now, so I need upbeat silliness.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Presumably they recorded an hour or so, here and there, over the last few months and then stitched it all together? I've been fooled by too many live-band episodes, so I look for these things.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Guinness world record? Um, try listening to the 12 Hour Day podcast sometime, Scott :smug:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mr. Squishy posted:

Presumably they recorded an hour or so, here and there, over the last few months and then stitched it all together? I've been fooled by too many live-band episodes, so I look for these things.

Haven’t listened to much yet but I’d assume so. No episode photos on the Earwolf page. Hoping that doesn’t kill it a bit as sometimes it’s obvious when that happens, and the best thing about the specials is the insanity due to how many people are in the room.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

Presumably they recorded an hour or so, here and there, over the last few months and then stitched it all together?

I've only listened to an hour or so, but it certainly feels like this to me.

But I like that. Feels like we're just getting a lot of good 'tent back-to-back instead of a giant chaotic mess where Scott slowly goes crazy over the course of it. Both would be good, though.

e: though with the first few guests there have been jokes that have carried over between each so I'm not so sure...

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 29, 2019

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

feedmyleg posted:

I've only listened to an hour or so, but it certainly feels like this to me.

But I like that. Feels like we're just getting a lot of good 'tent back-to-back instead of a giant chaotic mess where Scott slowly goes crazy over the course of it. Both would be good, though.

This will just make the holiday ep that much more special this year

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I'm only about two hours into it but this is already one of the best in a long time. Andrew Lloyd Webber's bit was great. The phrase "T. S. Elliot phone home" is such a simple joke but had me laughing for a long time.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Comedy Bang Bang killed Woodstock 50.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I think the reason that the Peter Griffon character worked so well was due to the crowd in the room going along with the joke. The next appearance of the character wasn't as good at all. So oh well. Plus everyone reacting to the Xmas MONSTER gently caress.

Yeah, it lets us look forward to the next holiday special.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Guys, this is an absolute betrayal from Hot Dog. I always thought we could trust him.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I'm a couple hours in and mostly enjoying it... sorta wondering whether I'll make it all the way, though. Can anyone who's finished it or gotten further than me say whether there's ever another segment with more than one guest? Not sure I can make it that far in the one-on-one format.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm probably not much further than you, but there's been at least one other two-hander with Corddry and Huebel.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Seaniqua posted:

I'm a couple hours in and mostly enjoying it... sorta wondering whether I'll make it all the way, though. Can anyone who's finished it or gotten further than me say whether there's ever another segment with more than one guest? Not sure I can make it that far in the one-on-one format.

There are a few more multi-guest segments

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

feedmyleg posted:

I'm probably not much further than you, but there's been at least one other two-hander with Corddry and Huebel.

Ego, Tart and Nicholson happened just before that

Also every time I look at my phone I feel like I'm doing a heroic chore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
I will always enjoy Martin Sheffield Lickley.