Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

So if I'm understanding this correctly grrm thinks zoomers should stab the CEO of exon mobile in the eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

As a ten year fan I'm actually impressed at grrm and the showrunners' restraint at NOT killing all the main characters (especially when they know doing so is RATINGS GOLD) . It's a mark of good narrative economy when characters actually fulfill an emotional or plot purpose before getting killed off. To everyone thinking it would be "groundbreaking" if they murdered everyone, I don't understand how you expected them to be able to end all of those narratives in one episode in any sort of way that could be considered good writing. I mean, maybe they could fit it all in there, but by 2/3 of the way through there was just no way for them to get our of the plot hole without Arya's sick stealth kill. The only person I'm surprised didn't die was Sam, since he already had a big effect and they seemed to be wrapping up his plotline.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, what exactly was bran doing while he was warging?

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

fakeaccount posted:

:iiam:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

fakeaccount posted:

you ever get cloaca-deep in a bird orgy during a blizzard?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

fakeaccount posted:

he was flying around as a bird

so probably pooping on things

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

So currenly still MIA are Brienne, Sam, Grey Worm, hammer guy, am I forgetting anyone?

E oh poo poo podrick :(

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

bran was warging into a marmot and getting boned by an even bigger marmot

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Bran warging into a bird when there are dragons around

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

dylguy90 posted:

So currenly still MIA are Brienne, Sam, Grey Worm, hammer guy, am I forgetting anyone?

E oh poo poo podrick :(

brienne lived. she was next to the one handed guy

Starky
Nov 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Sam crying ontop of a pile of dead bodies was the feeling of the night

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
CLEGANEBOWL IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

dylguy90 posted:

As a ten year fan I'm actually impressed at grrm and the showrunners' restraint at NOT killing all the main characters (especially when they know doing so is RATINGS GOLD) . It's a mark of good narrative economy when characters actually fulfill an emotional or plot purpose before getting killed off. To everyone thinking it would be "groundbreaking" if they murdered everyone, I don't understand how you expected them to be able to end all of those narratives in one episode in any sort of way that could be considered good writing. I mean, maybe they could fit it all in there, but by 2/3 of the way through there was just no way for them to get our of the plot hole without Arya's sick stealth kill. The only person I'm surprised didn't die was Sam, since he already had a big effect and they seemed to be wrapping up his plotline.

you could do everything this episode did but better and without running out of characters

berric dies in a very noble and great way, his flame was extinguished (literally) and then he dies but then this is all ruined because the only other supremely devout member of his religion next to him (who resurrected jon snow) just decides not to even say a brief prayer or put a hand on him, and instead dies like a cool empowered woman by taking off her immortality necklace?

this robbed ser davos of becoming more than just a symbol of good, but also the man of his word made into force

finally: the absolute worst thing is how berric's death and i don't care if i spell his name right, is extremely brief and wasted. he died so a random teen girl could kill the night king in a way that breaks all possible lore and build up

if it's just a distraction and a good stab needed, there were 15 people who could have killed the night king just at the battle. it would have meant a lot more if the attack on the night king cost a main character their life, arya not only does it but does it easily and pays nothing at all and sacrifices nothing

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Watching the after-show interview and holy poo poo DnD are like actually stupid people.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

hahahaha no loving way the red woman is syrio forel

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Phi230 posted:

Watching the after-show interview and holy poo poo DnD are like actually stupid people.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

fakeaccount posted:

bran learns he can warg not just into birds, but into wolves as like a 9 year old crippled boy with almost no insight into the world

he's now spent years learning everything that has ever happened and he turns into a crow to get good vision for one minute

how a crow has any better vision than we do in a dark black out storm, who knows

why they ever bothered even having a night king or warging to begin with i no longer know

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Phi230 posted:

Yeah. Pretty much.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ghost survived the episode because their alloted Ghost CGI budget was used up before he could be killed.

Hey remember when Arya found Nymeria and they did nothing with it.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arcsquad12 posted:

Imagine being so wound up by idiots having fun riffing on a popular tv show that you have to loudly declare how much you love the show and everyone who is teasing sucks.

It's almost like some people aren't being serious and have been trolling the threads for years...

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

*taps night king on his left shoulder while in fact standing more towards his right side*

easily defeated

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Arcsquad12 posted:

Ghost survived the episode because their alloted Ghost CGI budget was used up before he could be killed.

Hey remember when Arya found Nymeria and they did nothing with it.

Well now that she's the chosen one they still have time to make that scene pay off with our Tiny Anime Princess going full Princess Mononoke.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I wish Arya had said, "I am no man!" apropos of nothing.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hey yknow that character who has an assasination superpower of looking like anyone? gently caress that lets just rocket propel her into the air like an angry cat.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Hey yknow that character who has an assasination superpower of looking like anyone? gently caress that lets just rocket propel her into the air like an angry cat.

Who was she supposed to look like in this scenario, though?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Im not even sure if the last 3 episodes are worth seeing. There is a 99% chance of no more giants stomping on people.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Thoughts:

Avengers was awful. One of the worst thought out films I have ever seen. I saw that before this episode. gently caress my life.

A lot has already been covered so whatever.

1 - dothraki charge into the darkness. I cast magic missile at the darkness. loving stupid. Though I did like the lights going out one by one.
2 - the unsullied musta been like...why can't we have fire spears?
3 - ghost dead? or just ran off. And why was ghost with them anyway?
4 - too dark
5 - what the hell is going on

Beric, Theon, Jorah dead. So I got 3 or 5. I thought ghost might die but who knows.

I wish Sansa had died.

What did the white walkers do? Nothing. What was the point of the being there at all.

Drogon should be dead. After that horde was stabbing the gently caress out of him and his wings. But whatever.
Other dragon should be dead, too but who knows . That dragon fight scene was awful. Couldn't tell what was happening.

Giant / Mormont chick. I know a bunch of you were yelling for him to step on her. But what we got was a giant wet fart. Get it? Hahaha....a wet fart, but a giant one. It's a pun.

Um...this show sucks. Oh yeah...Dany should be dead. No way Jorah was able to fight off wights coming from 3 sides at once with her behind him. Woops.

But it wasn't as bad as Avengers. Holy poo poo that movie was bad.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Well now that she's the chosen one they still have time to make that scene pay off with our Tiny Anime Princess going full Princess Mononoke.

If someone blows Cersei's head off with a shoulder mounted matchlock while another dude decapitates people with arrow shots I'll be satisfied.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Phi230 posted:

CLEGANEBOWL IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS

This is the only thing I'm even remotely looking forward to. Can't wait to be disappointed.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

dylguy90 posted:

by 2/3 of the way through there was just no way for them to get our of the plot hole without Arya's sick stealth kill. The only person I'm surprised didn't die was Sam, since he already had a big effect and they seemed to be wrapping up his plotline.

Yeah. It was obvious at that point that the only way out was to kill the NK. It was just a matter of when. There was no escape so he had to die. Bad writing. Kinda reminds me of mass effect and the reapers. Wrote themselves into an unwinnable (for the good guys) situation so had to do something stupid.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hustlin Floh posted:

It's almost like some people aren't being serious and have been trolling the threads for years...

P much. And the people whining about people nitpickers are also losers

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Also the NK getting to bran was dumb. Should have had a few scenes of him walking there with people coming at him. It would have been a good way to kill at least someone. But he didn't really do anything.

loving Arthas was written better by Blizzard somehow.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

Except the Mobile Infantry were more effective than the Unsullied.

I thought about this and wwz, they had machine guns and didn't really do better.

So much wasted potential. At least cersei can still win.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Sam, Gilly, and Tyrion surviving this definitely plays into my "bullshit happy ending" theory that D&D have absolutely no balls whatsoever and we're getting the young happy couple kill the evil queen and everyone shits rainbows ending.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Who was she supposed to look like in this scenario, though?

Any of the dead people? Does it matter? Its not like flying through the air worked. She just did a sleight of hand trick to kill him. At least it wouldn't have looked as stupid

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sam, Gilly, and Tyrion surviving this definitely plays into my "bullshit happy ending" theory that D&D have absolutely no balls whatsoever and we're getting the young happy couple kill the evil queen and everyone shits rainbows ending.

I pray that every named character assembles in kings landing only for Drogon to fart and detonate the wildfire

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
my only complaints about this episode are that several scenes were too dark to see what was happening, and that Sansa and Tyrion didn't have a fight scene in the crypt where they stand back to back and shiv zombies

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

I thought about this and wwz, they had machine guns and didn't really do better.

So much wasted potential. At least cersei can still win.

Hey the defense of Whiskey Outpost was a marked improvement over Operation Big K. Going from 100,000 dead in the first hour to a platoon holding off 10,000 arachnids for several minutes without air support.
By the end of the movie they were one shotting warrior bugs and Clancy Brown was saving the galaxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwQpdeVsjrA
This is still better than Thrones.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 29, 2019

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

like why is Euron's fleet anything Dany and Jon need to worry about just dont go near the water lmao the boats aren't gonna come get you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Flying boats