Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

It’s okay and no where near awesome

Go easy on Xeno. Anything Alien is AMAZING, if I could go back in time and relive the nonstop hype he had in the Aliens Colonial Marines release thread, I would. Him shouting people down for thinking the game looked like poo poo was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

THE BAR posted:

I remember thinking yesterday, how odd it is that the queen went out of her way to get revenge in Aliens. They're supposed to be these perfect creatures, free of morality, the ultimate survivors, all that junk. Yet she's incredibly thirsty for Ripley's blood, after torching just a few eggs. It's not like she couldn't just lay more, and she obviously didn't know about their plan to nuke it all.

mom fight

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Aliens? absolutely love it

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Splicer posted:

One of those is literally just a shotgun

Another is a pulse rifle that shoots sticks.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Cool behind the scene of the play. Those teachers prolly make less than $40k/yr. True heros.

https://youtu.be/nfUe6Yl0dWk

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Themes!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Glenn Quebec posted:

Go easy on Xeno. Anything Alien is AMAZING, if I could go back in time and relive the nonstop hype he had in the Aliens Colonial Marines release thread, I would. Him shouting people down for thinking the game looked like poo poo was amazing.

“Alien3 is loving awesome” was the title and catchphrase of the Alien thread in CineD for years. :v:

Also Colonial Marines’ pre-release stuff DID look awesome, but that’s because the pre-release trailers (and even the loving launch trailer) were using footage primarily from the E3 demo, which did look good (and was total bullshit).

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Splicer posted:

Something hilarious has happened to the Alien: Colonial Marines steam page

One of those is literally just a shotgun

lol

Or you could buy the game for $29.99 and get all of that for free.

:thunk:

Someone MUST have put a decimal place in the wrong spot. That's just ridiculous.

Do we have a roll call of people that would be interested in playing AvP 2010 multiplayer? I'm just picking this one going off of the neat videos, interesting multiplayer modes, ease of setup (guessing), and more modern graphics, etc. It's $14.99 on Steam right now. Probably better to get it on sale but it's not bad. I got through the entire single player campaign in just a few hours though, but it was still reasonably fun.

I don't know how to organize anything but I want to see if there is any interest of trying out a multiplayer game. The infestation mode sounds fun. I think that's the one that someone mentioned where everyone but one person is an alien, and each Marine who dies becomes an alien until the last man. I bet that'd create some scares/laughs.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

:siren: DO NOT GIVE RANDY PITCHFORD MONEY :siren:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Too late. :ohdear:

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Played the first half hour or so of Aliens: Colonial Marines and I get the hate it received now. Also it had a weird bug where when I exited it, it fired that bad boy back up.

If it didn't have the Aliens franchise tied to it and xenomorphs being the specific video game monsters faced it might have been a D+ or C+ tier action shooter, but it did and the follow through just really didn't fit. It felt like the quality you'd see in that Area 51 arcade game you used to find in bars. I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll probably play it all the way through anyways.

By contrast- Alien Isolation is every bit as unnerving and terrifying as has been said in this thread and you can tell some heart and soul was tossed into its making.

frogge fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 29, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I just watched Aliens last night and Burke telling Ripley about her daughter's death is hilarious. Yep, died without any children or other family, and she was cremated so there's definitely no body or grave that you can go see. Even without knowing about Isolation it sounds incredibly fishy.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
did they ever officially patch the aliens colonial marines alien ai typo bug or do you still have to fix it yourself?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Finished my rewatch of the Alien 3 workprint bluray.

The first half of the movie is incredibly strong, while the second half turns into a bit more of a slog.

The weakest points are the heavy metal guitars in the attempted rape scene, the paintbrush/fire scenes, Ripley confronting the alien and the overly dramatic orchestrated soundtrack later in the movie.

Other than that, it's good!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gary oldmans diary posted:

did they ever officially patch the aliens colonial marines alien ai typo bug or do you still have to fix it yourself?
You have to do it yourself - official support for the game ended years ago.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

I replaced A:CM with three friends about a year ago. With the fan patch and the method to unstupid the xeno AI. The game has about two good levels. The first two. And then quickly gets stupid and boring. Fighting Yutani mercs has to be among the most boring thing possible. There are an infinite amount of better directions that they could of gone with this game.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Yeah I had to search around for the bug fix which was so easy I'm surprised it wasn't patched out at any time prior in the game's history.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Glenn Quebec posted:

I replaced A:CM with three friends about a year ago. With the fan patch and the method to unstupid the xeno AI. The game has about two good levels. The first two. And then quickly gets stupid and boring. Fighting Yutani mercs has to be among the most boring thing possible. There are an infinite amount of better directions that they could of gone with this game.

Alien Trilogy had the same problem, way back in 1996. It was already a bit plodding anyway compared to stuff like Doom etc. but at least when you were shooting at aliens there was a good gloomy atmosphere to things. Then at some point there's a bunch of "Enemy Soldier Man With Gun" levels and I found it really tough to stay interested.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Soldering is a word?

Sigorney knows whats up.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Alien Trilogy had the same problem, way back in 1996. It was already a bit plodding anyway compared to stuff like Doom etc. but at least when you were shooting at aliens there was a good gloomy atmosphere to things. Then at some point there's a bunch of "Enemy Soldier Man With Gun" levels and I found it really tough to stay interested.

shout out to tips n tricks magazine for making this game seem really cool

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I love the Japanese magazine ad for that game

*something something* RED ZONE
*something something* DEAD ZONE
*something something* HELL ZONE

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

evobatman posted:

Finished my rewatch of the Alien 3 workprint bluray.

The first half of the movie is incredibly strong, while the second half turns into a bit more of a slog.

The weakest points are the heavy metal guitars in the attempted rape scene, the paintbrush/fire scenes, Ripley confronting the alien and the overly dramatic orchestrated soundtrack later in the movie.

Other than that, it's good!

Plus side: Lord Tywin in space!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Zeluth posted:

Soldering is a word?

Sigorney knows whats up.

:confused:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn45pl8yXzk

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The AI bug is the corn kernel that forever sparkles atop the poo poo pile of Randy Pitchford's Aliens: Colonial Marines.
There will be game reviewers not born yet that will do retro videos about this game in the future, and they will mention the ineptness of how it was not caught.
A fitting tribute to the man.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUgwTCotwFk

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

The American side of my family omit the ‘L’ in soldering, the British use it, if that helps?

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

happyhippy posted:

Anyone know if they are selling videos of the play, or theres a full version of it online?
So loving amazing still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX3VaFG7AvU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Xenomrph posted:

You have to do it yourself - official support for the game ended years ago.

This is the best reason to never give gearbox another dime. Fix the typo you lazy fucks you're still selling the loving thing for 30 bux

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
them openly stealing someone elses work for the borderlands art style and characters that gave it heaps of praise and launched a hundred million dollar franchise is a better reason

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Imagine stealing art and funneling money and getting away with it lmao

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

them openly stealing someone elses work for the borderlands art style and characters that gave it heaps of praise and launched a hundred million dollar franchise is a better reason

Not that I need more reasons to think Gearbox is a piece of poo poo, but could you elaborate on this?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

Not that I need more reasons to think Gearbox is a piece of poo poo, but could you elaborate on this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmeP1YkaeTo
guy made this. it was unique and won some awards. gearbox offered him some work helping with their art direction but that didnt work out and he never worked with them. so their design team was specifically directed to just copy everything from it without his consent anyway
you could say it was one mans decision but literally everyone involved understood the intent was plagiarism

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmeP1YkaeTo
guy made this. it was unique and won some awards. gearbox offered him some work helping with their art direction but that didnt work out and he never worked with them. so their design team was specifically directed to just copy everything from it without his consent anyway
you could say it was one mans decision but literally everyone involved understood the intent was plagiarism

lmao that's incredibly blatant

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Torquemada posted:

The American side of my family omit the ‘L’ in soldering, the British use it, if that helps?

American's don't omit the "L".

Do you mean soldiering? Like being a soldier?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Pennywise the Frown posted:

American's don't omit the "L".

Do you mean soldiering? Like being a soldier?
I think he mind mean the pronunciation, not the spelling.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It’s “sodlering” actually

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

It's pronounced "sodomy"

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

It's pronounced "sodomy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

This bootleg copy of the full play is worth the watch. At least skip to the good parts.

OB-GYN Kenobi fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 1, 2019