Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Dumb Lowtax posted:

What did this show teach us? What did we learn from the story of the Night King?

That the people of Westeros are so dumb it took them tens of thousands of years to figure out how to do that sleight of hand thing in order to tag the zombie with the macguffin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
GoT -> Anime

Anime -> Was a mistake

GoT -> Was a mistake

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Sheen Sheen posted:

Honestly he’s probably the closest they can get to an impartial god-emperor who can’t be swayed by threats or bribes, and he’ll live for several millennia. Also he can psychically sniff out any assassination attempts, leading to thousands of years of peace and prosperity

okay that actually sounds a lot better than what i was imagining

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Funny how that list of "spoilers" forgets Bronn completely.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
GoT is Warhammer 20K confirmed

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ElGroucho posted:

GoT -> Anime

Anime -> Was a mistake

GoT -> Was a mistake

:hmmyes:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mirage posted:

Funny how that list of "spoilers" forgets Bronn completely.

quote:

In the epilogue, Jon takes the black again for killing Dany. Arya leaves. Sansa rules the North. Bran oversees his council of Tyrion, Davos, Sam, and Bronn.

No mention of my boy Qyburn though. I hope Brann let's him continue to do amoral science to his hearts content

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Clark Nova posted:

That the people of Westeros are so dumb it took them tens of thousands of years to figure out how to do that sleight of hand thing in order to tag the zombie with the macguffin

Their ancestors went through this all before and built a 2000 foot magic wall so it would never happen again. They ended up making their stand behind a tiny flaming ditch instead. Everyone deserved to die.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Now that the wall is useless someone needs to go ahead and invent Margaritas

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

ROFLburger posted:

okay that actually sounds a lot better than what i was imagining

Also the series has gone to great lengths to show us that everyone who actually wants the Iron Throne doesn’t deserve it, so naturally the best choice would be the guy who literally doesn’t want anything whatsoever

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Qyburn turns himself into the Night King 2, which is why Jon goes and takes the black again.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Through a series of convoluted events and technicalities in westerosi law, Hot Pie, first of his name, assumes the iron throne.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Qyburn has spent the past few episodes inventing gunpowder and all these plebs are going to kneel before Cersei until she accidentally kills herself trying to do a cool trick with a flintlock pistol.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Why build the 2000 foot high wall when you can just, like, stab him

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Maybe Joffrey will come back.

Joffrey was the best.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Randarkman posted:

Maybe Joffrey will come back.

Joffrey was the best.

Not him specifically but I was definitely hoping some Known Dead People would show up as zombies in this battle. I mean, all the dead Night Watch and Wildling people are zombies now right?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

sugar free jazz posted:

Why build the 2000 foot high wall when you can just, like, stab him

you mean the wall that is totally invalidated by letting your enemy capture one of your nukes in a worthless attempt at convincing the villain to join forces?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the more I think about it, the more I realize the Night King was a total bitch

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Qyburn has spent the past few episodes inventing gunpowder and all these plebs are going to kneel before Cersei until she accidentally kills herself trying to do a cool trick with a flintlock pistol.

10/10

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

After like 18 years of reading and watching this stuff I'm kinda over the entire grimdark setting. People doing anime gently caress off moments like arya suits me just fine.

The only thing I am legit mad about is the Dothraki being snuffed out like candles, it was a cool scene, but drat these guys owned and they should have been more effective. The entire battles over the last few seasons have been visually appealing but strategically idiotic, so this was just another prime example of exactly this.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I guess I had to repeat it out loud to make sure that it has nothing to do with my original point of "a show called Game of Thrones focuses on the throne"

"Game of Thrones" was only the title of the first book.

The series is called A Song of Ice and Fire.

:smug:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
After the trenches were lit, and the wights hadn’t started crossing them and were just standing around...why weren’t there archers unloading on them?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Dany really should just have burnt the red keep into a second Harrenhal and end then burn the fleet and then just settle on the iron islands. Tyrion is pretty drat terrible of an advisor.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Bobby Digital posted:

After the trenches were lit, and the wights hadn’t started crossing them and were just standing around...why weren’t there archers unloading on them?

Because everybody was an idiot.

In the end it turned out the Ice King was the biggest idiot.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Son of Rodney posted:

The entire battles over the last few seasons have been visually appealing but strategically idiotic, so this was just another prime example of exactly this.

The Battle of the Bastards was solid. There was only a bit of "doing something because it's cool instead of tactically sound". Three years later and I still think about that episode. I was so excited hearing about the siege of winterfell, especially when I learned it had taken 55 goddamn days to film. Like that is an incredible amount of time to film a fight.

But whoops, this is what we got.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Not him specifically but I was definitely hoping some Known Dead People would show up as zombies in this battle. I mean, all the dead Night Watch and Wildling people are zombies now right?

All of the crypt zombies were starks and we knew several of them so it's extra lazy to have them all treated like generic zombies, off camera

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

poverty goat posted:

All of the crypt zombies were starks and we knew several of them so it's extra lazy to have them all treated like generic zombies, off camera

Even if they were on camera we wouldn't have seen them.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

"Game of Thrones" was only the title of the first book.

The series is called A Song of Ice and Fire.

:smug:

Cool, the TV show is called Game of Thrones

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Those fake spoilers are great because they've got Jon rejoining the night's watch to protect the realms of men from the absolute nothing that's north of the broken wall.

GoT fans are dumb as poo poo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Fashionable Jorts posted:

The Battle of the Bastards was solid. There was only a bit of "doing something because it's cool instead of tactically sound". Three years later and I still think about that episode. I was so excited hearing about the siege of winterfell, especially when I learned it had taken 55 goddamn days to film. Like that is an incredible amount of time to film a fight.

But whoops, this is what we got.

Ramsay got all of the "tactically sound" stuff in the Bastard fight. Jon was just an idiot.

Also, Ramsay was onto something with his Twenty Good Men. Theon's Seal Team Six troupe actually killed more zombies than anyone else and they actually held a formation for more than two seconds.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Those fake spoilers are great because they've got Jon rejoining the night's watch to protect the realms of men from the absolute nothing that's north of the broken wall.

So are d&d though so it could actually happen

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

in the Reddit thread the top post is someone mentioning this, and the OP is like "I know it sounds dumb but JUST WAIT"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Cool, the TV show is called Game of Thrones

Oh, ok. I didn't know that.

But your point is still magnificently stupid and no one likes you.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Oh, ok. I didn't know that.

But your point is still magnificently stupid and no one likes you.

k

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Anyone have a link to samwell.mp3?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
The Night King never talks because he sounds like Kermit the Frog

Dumb Lowtax posted:

What did this show teach us? What did we learn from the story of the Night King?
We learned not to do it again.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Randarkman posted:

Anyone have a link to samwell.mp3?

I've got samwise.gif

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Ramsay got all of the "tactically sound" stuff in the Bastard fight. Jon was just an idiot.

That was kind of the point though. Ramsay baited Jon into losing the battle, but Sansa came in with reinforcements at the last moment. Jon didn't think tactically, but Ramsay did.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The nights watch has basically just been symbolic exile for hundreds of years anyway. It's not like anyone headed to the wall 10 years ago had any intentions of saving anyone from an undead invasion, they were just trying to escape their debts/crimes, as is Jon in the spoiler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Watch the last scene of the show be a zoom in shot of a dead guy and then all of a sudden his eyes open and they're blue. WOAH