Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

GhostStalker posted:

They’re moving it to after weekend Jeopardy tomorrow, but throwing off my schedule for something like this sucks. Guess I don’t get to see how far the James train continues to roll until tomorrow...

Once again... seriously go to Daily Motion and search jeopardy and the days date. It syndicates at 10am in places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
who was the lady in the audience

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Regarding Monday's episode:

So Monday's Jeopardy leaked. My preferred outcome doesn't happen, but it's close.

RoastBeef fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 27, 2019

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Astro7x posted:

Once again... seriously go to Daily Motion and search jeopardy and the days date. It syndicates at 10am in places

Oh, those are back up? Sony cracked down on those a month ago after an article from the Paley Center on the Jeopardy subreddit mentioned that someone was doing that.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

GhostStalker posted:

Oh, those are back up? Sony cracked down on those a month ago after an article from the Paley Center on the Jeopardy subreddit mentioned that someone was doing that.

Well it seems to work. At least they are up long enough to watch the ones from the same day?

https://www.dailymotion.com/search/jeopardy%202019-04-26

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
So I'm way behind on episodes right now but apparently in tonight's game (or maybe last night's) James rang in on an answer and before he gave it (The answer was Vegas) Alex went "you had better get this right" or something along those lines.

After the answer, fine. But before? Uhhhh

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

HookShot posted:

So I'm way behind on episodes right now but apparently in tonight's game (or maybe last night's) James rang in on an answer and before he gave it (The answer was Vegas) Alex went "you had better get this right" or something along those lines.

I noticed that too. I'm sure it didn't affect the game, but still a definite faux pas.

Honestly I suspect that (online opinions notwithstanding) Alex really likes James and probably inadvertently let professional distance slip a bit.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

HookShot posted:

I think that was him riffing off of the joke from the beginning of the episode (or was it the contestant interview) where Alex was ragging on James for missing that clue about Roman history last episode when his wife is a classical researcher and will never let him hear the end of it.

And yeah, I’ve never really seen Alex break character on camera outside of a couple of contestant interviews, so I guess their rapport has him slipping into off camera mode for a bit?

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

For every million dollars you earn, Alex is allowed to psyche you out once on national TV.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
It's obvious James is in the ToC, but how big of a winner does he have to be to get a bye like Ken Jennings? I would think the one million mark is simple cutoff.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

It's obvious James is in the ToC, but how big of a winner does he have to be to get a bye like Ken Jennings? I would think the one million mark is simple cutoff.

I never knew Jennings skipped his season’s tournament of champions.

From Wikipedia, there was a biggest champions tournament that he took a bye to , so unless there’s something like that I don’t see James not going to his tournament of champions.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

HookShot posted:

Devil's advocate: the clue mentioned the state he lives in, and Alex might well have given him the same treatment on the same clue if he lived in Carson City

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Vulture Culture posted:

Devil's advocate: the clue mentioned the state he lives in, and Alex might well have given him the same treatment on the same clue if he lived in Carson City

Ah fair, I haven't seen the question so didn't see the exact wording.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
edit: I was incorrect

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vulture Culture posted:

It was also like the second-to-last clue of the round and it was already a runaway.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Just got invited to an audition! That was quick, the online test was only 3 weeks ago.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Congrats! What city?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The two contestants on Friday's episode got all three daily doubles and were just completely terrible the whole ep.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

zakharov posted:

Congrats! What city?

Thanks! Savannah, June 6.

I went to an audition in 2012. I took the online test in January (if I remember correctly) and the audition was in August. They must have really streamlined the process since then.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

The Zack posted:

Just got invited to an audition! That was quick, the online test was only 3 weeks ago.

I just got the email as well! :dance:

Mine's also Savannah, but June 5th.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

The Zack posted:

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I just got the email as well! :dance:

Mine's also Savannah, but June 5th.

Congrats to the two of you!

Guess they did move things up; my own test was in January, got the invite in March to an audition held in May.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Today's James update:

Was in the lead going into Double Jeopardy, but only by $1000 or so. Was leading going into Final Jeopardy and won by $18. Probably his biggest challenge yet.

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Today's James update:

Was in the lead going into Double Jeopardy, but only by $1000 or so. Was leading going into Final Jeopardy and won by $18. Probably his biggest challenge yet.

Re: FJ totals: it's gotta suck to lose a game of Jeopardy with 53999. That's gotta be a record for highest score for second place.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

who was the lady in the audience

His wife.

puppets freak me out posted:

Re: FJ totals: it's gotta suck to lose a game of Jeopardy with 53999. That's gotta be a record for highest score for second place.

Yeah. If it was any other player...

Oh, and Jeopardy is banning shoutouts to people on your Final Jeopardy responses next season because of James doing it every game. Or more actually enforcing the rule, since apparently it’s been a thing for a while now, but James gets away with it because he’s winning so much.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 30, 2019

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

I kind of feel like there should be a "second chance" tournament for people who came in second but won a ton of money. I always feel bad for them.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Yep.

quote:

Adam’s $53,999 is the highest-ever regular-play non-winning score in the history of the show, and is the 21st-highest final score of all time. (James’ $54,017 is 20th.) The previous record was held by Michael Cudahy ($44,400 on June 25, 2004, ironically Ken Jennings’ 18th win), with an honorable mention to Steve Hettinger, who had a pre-doubled $23,000 on March 10, 1998.
https://thejeopardyfan.com/2019/04/final-jeopardy-4-29-2019.html

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Alex health update, plus his analysis of James:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lLNc6Qpjwc

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
James pwns all the appearanceshamers who dare make fun of his smile

https://twitter.com/James_Holzhauer/status/1123703691104616451

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
We got the crazy eyes today :stare:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

We got the crazy eyes today :stare:

My mom said she looked like "a dracula."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

homeless guy posted:

James pwns all the appearanceshamers who dare make fun of his smile

https://twitter.com/James_Holzhauer/status/1123703691104616451

i mean he does do that weird thing where someone just bares their teeth instead of smiling.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Honestly I wasn’t a fan of James right at the beginning, but minus the nonsense with the “fan website” all the hate I’ve seen directed at him is just incredibly mean and petty, so gently caress the haters and whiners, I hope James keeps winning and when he loses it’s to a good-rear end player who deserves it.

You have now whiners giving interviews about how he’s a menace to the game and it’s unfair that he optimizes for strategy and it just comes off very poorly. You don’t have to like him, but I think you have to respect him. He’s playing the game by the rules and taking huge risks as he does; it’s not like no one before could’ve done the same thing. Bring back the five-game limit if you like, but do it after he’s defeated fair and square.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I also haven't really found him obnoxious on a personal level as his run has continued but I am kinda bored at this point. Hadn't really realized that the actual game being competitive is important to enjoying it beyond just playing along at home.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PT6A posted:

Honestly I wasn’t a fan of James right at the beginning, but minus the nonsense with the “fan website” all the hate I’ve seen directed at him is just incredibly mean and petty, so gently caress the haters and whiners, I hope James keeps winning and when he loses it’s to a good-rear end player who deserves it.

You have now whiners giving interviews about how he’s a menace to the game and it’s unfair that he optimizes for strategy and it just comes off very poorly. You don’t have to like him, but I think you have to respect him. He’s playing the game by the rules and taking huge risks as he does; it’s not like no one before could’ve done the same thing. Bring back the five-game limit if you like, but do it after he’s defeated fair and square.

i love how he bets because the one of the most obnoxious parts of the game to me is how people wuss out so hard on daily doubles. but one of my pet peeves is people not being able to smile properly so it does stand out. people who just bare their teeth look like psychos.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I just got an invite to an audition in DC on June 17th!....and I have to ask if they have other dates available because I'm out of the country that day, lmao

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
What was the deal with Alex saying something like: "James will be back tomorrow, but then he'll rest, which we'll talk about later." At the end of tonight's episode? Is there a season break or something?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

A Tasteful Nude posted:

What was the deal with Alex saying something like: "James will be back tomorrow, but then he'll rest, which we'll talk about later." At the end of tonight's episode? Is there a season break or something?

Teachers tournament.

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
james talk

since we know he won friday and now there is a break for the teachers tournament, does that mean the rumour that he lost already during a recording is false ?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

536 posted:

james talk

since we know he won friday and now there is a break for the teachers tournament, does that mean the rumour that he lost already during a recording is false ?

There’s still episodes in the can, the current season doesn’t end until end of July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Cancel the teacher's tournament jesus christ who gives a gently caress a man is bankrupting America's gameshow.