Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Rey is still blandly ”good”, like a jogger that buys local produce and votes green so i can believe this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it didn't hit me until i read this dumbass rumor that i'm actually kind of rooting for ep IX to fail

so hell yeah, bring it on

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Wild Horses posted:

Rey is still blandly ”good”, like a jogger that buys local produce and votes green so i can believe this

The Dark Side seems to be defined by ambition, greed and selfishness. Since Rey at this point has no real motivation or goals, she's obviously going to be immune to its temptation.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

That sounds totally wretched but believable. I'll be happy for adam driver if he gets out while the getting's good at least. Insofar as there was anything good going on in the ST it pretty much came down to him. I give him a lot of flak on these forums for his weird face but he really made the most of the material

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

He had the unsavable combination of being an Insanely Online Twitter Man and the person who wrote this: 'The TIE wibbles and wobbles through the air, careening drunkenly across the Myrrann rooftops - it zigzags herkily-jerkily out of sight.'

"Imagine four banthas at the edge of a cliff."

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Awful. Straight doo doo.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Awful. Bantha poodoo.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

And I thought just going “so uh THEY BUILT A SECOND DEATH STAR, and... the good guys blew it up again” was a bad way to close a trilogy. They literally found a way to redo the whole fight for Vader’s soul but stupid.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
When Palpatine goes into Kylo Ren, Kylo should say "Kill me it's the only way" but then Rey should give him a big kiss and the love forces Palpatine out like he's allergic to it because he's so evil. Then Rose will say "See, she didn't fight what she hated, she saved what she loved".

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It turns out that not only are midichlorians real in Star Wars, so are cooties.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Oh. Oh no. Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooo

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

CJ posted:

When Palpatine goes into Kylo Ren, Kylo should say "Kill me it's the only way" but then Rey should give him a big kiss and the love forces Palpatine out like he's allergic to it because he's so evil. Then Rose will say "See, she didn't fight what she hated, she saved what she loved".

Alas but Rey is immune to the dark side because she is volcel, and has never been horney in her life

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Didn't Rey respond to the Dark Side's call in the last episode when she jumped head first into that sea hole and saw herself in the hall of mirrors thing? And Luke made a big deal out of how easily she was drawn to it?

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

They’re not gonna make her flirt with the dark side because parents (and in turn Disney) don’t want their little girls getting bad ideas from their Star Wars hero.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Didn't Rey respond to the Dark Side's call in the last episode when she jumped head first into that sea hole and saw herself in the hall of mirrors thing? And Luke made a big deal out of how easily she was drawn to it?

Was going to post this also, like, what?
I mean obviously I understand, I think it's stupid, but I understand Abrams undoing some of the doors that were opened in Last Jedi, but drat LOL. Maybe he's just being petty because they moved Kylo Ren's scar between Force Awakens and Last Jedi.

teagone posted:

Oh. Oh no. DO NOT WANT.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
Lol why are they letting people write this complete horseshit? I mean my holy Jesus that’s worse than whatever forgettable nonsense I read about in this thread a few pages ago.

Violator
May 15, 2003

High Lord Elbow posted:

Lol why are they letting people write this complete horseshit? I mean my holy Jesus that’s worse than whatever forgettable nonsense I read about in this thread a few pages ago.

It’s basically rumor at this point, right?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Let's not overreact here. At this point last time around everyone though TLJ would involve magic trees or Rey being Anakin reborn.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Matt Smith being palpatine sounds amazing and I hope thy actually show him hamming it up and being a cartoon villain.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

This sounds like some poo poo I wrote in third grade right after I watched The Exorcist for the first time.

idk why but every story I wrote as a kid was a star wars sequel trilogy treatment.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Preston Waters posted:

This sounds like some poo poo I wrote in third grade right after I watched The Exorcist for the first time.

idk why but every story I wrote as a kid was a star wars sequel trilogy treatment.

Speaking of that example, it did indeed reminds me of this!

https://web.archive.org/web/20050313031235/http://www.freewebs.com:80/exorcist-synchronized/synchronized.htm

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Matt Smith being palpatine sounds amazing and I hope thy actually show him hamming it up and being a cartoon villain.

yea the literal only thing about that that doesn't fill me with dread is the thought of seeing Smith hamming it up cackling and sneering like a real sith fuckface instead of all these drat broody angry vader types.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Smith is gonna be a blurry hologram in the background of some crowded city street.
He will be the highest paid actor in the film.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I can't believe Palpatine was Skynet all along.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

:laffo:

It's only April and there are usually a bunch of bad rumors floating around, but that's a franchise killer of a storyline if any of it is true.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Violator posted:

It’s basically rumor at this point, right?

Doronin posted:

:laffo:

It's only April and there are usually a bunch of bad rumors floating around, but that's a franchise killer of a storyline if any of it is true.

I forget but at this point before Force Awakens came out wasn't basically the entire plot of it leaked correctly?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Neo Rasa posted:

I forget but at this point before Force Awakens came out wasn't basically the entire plot of it leaked correctly?

I think there might have been a mostly solid leak but it was still buried in piles of other 'FINN IS ACTUALLY LUKE'S SON AND PHASMA IS A FORCE GHOST IN ARMOR' stuff coming out along with it

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
Do we have any reason to believe Phasma isn't a ghost in armor, though?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/phasm posted:

1. (obsolete) An apparition; a phantom.

:thunk:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I really loved that fake leak because it was literally only 'phasma...phantasm? CASE CLOSED' and, like, yea that canonically is how stupid Star Wars names do.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Have any spoilers mentioned Phasma yet? :ohdear: I haven't seen anything on her, it's like she fell off a cliff? :v:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'for my evidence that the person named 'Phasma' is a ghost I present literally every bad guy named poo poo like 'Sidious' whatever, or the roguish loner named 'Han Solo'.'

'yea ok fair call there'.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

they name her phasma because as far as the plot's concerned she might as well not even be there

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

they name her phasma because as far as the plot's concerned she might as well not even be there

Due to her design/etc. before Force Awakens came out she was hyped up like she was to be the new Boba Fett in terms of badassness/etc.

She is.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Neo Rasa posted:

Due to her design/etc. before Force Awakens came out she was hyped up like she was to be the new Boba Fett in terms of badassness/etc.

She is.

I dunno, Boba Fett actually does something. I don't remember what Phasma even does other than... get captured? She also falls and dies I guess.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Boba Fett tailgated a guy driving a broken car and then told the police what town he was going to.

Then he fell in a hole and died.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That random stormtrooper who fought Finn in TFA did more than Phasma. Why that wasn't Phasma is beyond me. Maybe it's all part of JJ's mystery box of cinema.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Robot Style posted:

Boba Fett tailgated a guy driving a broken car and then told the police what town he was going to.

Would 100% watch a Star Wars remake that takes place in depressed, small town Midwestern America.

...or Afghanistan.

e: John Hawkes for Old Ben, the burnout alcoholic living in a shack on the edge of town who vowed to watch out for his shithead war buddy's kid.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 29, 2019

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Robot Style posted:

Boba Fett hauls Solo's rear end away leaving his fate uncertain until the next film, it's pretty cool. Also gave us Operation Save Solo in ROTJ which is awesome. Not saying Boba Fett is a great character (because he really isn't a character), but he serves a purpose. You could remove Phasma from the sequels and the films would be no worse because she doesn't do anything.

feedmyleg posted:

Would 100% watch a Star Wars remake that takes place in depressed, small town Midwestern America.

Han Solo as a moonshiner would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

It's so bad it's probably true.