Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
bryan's a better worker than i thought if he got a fan to attack him mid-match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

bryan's a better worker than i thought if he got a fan to attack him mid-match

He sold for the birdchild :hellyeah:

Dave/Bryan is always so much better when they are together in person.

Dave: I heard your match with Jungle Boy was good!
Bryan: Oh it was great!
Dave: I heard good.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jerusalem posted:

lol amazing

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dave is second only to Granny in not pulling punches when it comes to describing Bryan's wrestling career.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Dave in his desire to be honest has a habit of burying people while they are on his show. When they cleared Jon Jones by his claiming its possible his body just makes steroids they had Tom Lawlor on the show and Dave goes.

"Look they care about Jon Jones, Tom Lawlor, i mean who really cares?"

Tom"...hey..."

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

I appreciate semp replaying it on WOL its a lock for the end of year collab

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Dave & Bryan watching wrestling on the beach sounds amazing.

I guess I should go to LA Wrestlemania. Hopefully it's easier to get New Japan tickets.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I got weirdly upset when Vinny said he deletes his notes after every review show. Why would you do that Vinny??

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

I got weirdly upset when Vinny said he deletes his notes after every review show. Why would you do that Vinny??

I'm willing to believe Vinny is not tech-savvy enough to realize a text file or word document takes up an incredibly tiny amount of space. It does suck that it means we can't get a book of "WWF Raw and WCW Nitro finishes reports, 1995-2001" out of it though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

APW uploaded it for free btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pLuvm9DXNY

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

I'm willing to believe Vinny is not tech-savvy enough to realize a text file or word document takes up an incredibly tiny amount of space. It does suck that it means we can't get a book of "WWF Raw and WCW Nitro finishes reports, 1995-2001" out of it though.

dude has had a long writing/journalism career outside of F4W - i think you're selling him a bit short here.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vinny is a mac dude so he probably does them all in the Notes app and then deletes them so the app isn’t all cluttered.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Raffles posted:

dude has had a long writing/journalism career outside of F4W - i think you're selling him a bit short here.

Most journalists I've seen are indeed really bad at filing their stuff. Them just destroying the file is odd- you'd think they'd take thevsalient points and put them in a thread on the board.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Can someone Meltzer translate for me about Kento Miyahara, because all i heard was "he's the best worker in the world except for these people better than him"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

Can someone Meltzer translate for me about Kento Miyahara, because all i heard was "he's the best worker in the world except for these people better than him"

It was essentially "Kento is one of the best guys in the world, I can only think of a couple guys you could say are better."

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Lid posted:

What I got from it is that miyahara is the best amongst guys who aren’t preternaturally talented. No matter how hard they work 99.999% of people can’t be ospreay or okada. Miyahara is the best at doing the little things that everyone can and should do.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

triplexpac posted:

he has them archived in the F4W newsletter

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lid posted:

Sounds like a really convoluted way to say he's one of the 10 best wrestlers in the world.

Or maybe "best in the world at the simple things"

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 30, 2019

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Kris Wolf showed up on Wrestlesplania for a fun episode.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He’s the best in the world at elevating basic wrestling matches to something really good

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

tried listening to The Lapsed Fan and gently caress was it awful. the shrill guy gets wildly self-important and really loud out of nowhere, the sound balancing is off, and honestly who has 4hrs to devote to a single episode, let alone that being the length of every single ep?!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

he has them archived in the F4W newsletter

This is correct.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

the escape goat posted:

tried listening to The Lapsed Fan and gently caress was it awful. the shrill guy gets wildly self-important and really loud out of nowhere, the sound balancing is off, and honestly who has 4hrs to devote to a single episode, let alone that being the length of every single ep?!

I was not a fan either. It seems so much angrier and less fun than all my British classic wrestling podcasts. Plus yeah the weird self importance/smugness got to me.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
I made it about ten minutes into the one episode of TLF I tried out, so it's weird to hear how many big fans they've got

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

the escape goat posted:

It's two guys trying to impress themselves for like 5 hours every episode. I listened to the Dave bits when they did that Mania series and the parts with Dave were good but everything else was the drizzling shits.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Plus yeah the weird self importance/smugness got to me.

I mentioned earlier in the thread at how personally outraged Jack was over the whole Lita/Matt/Edge situation, and it was all directed solely at Lita. He comes across a bit too incel-ish at times for my liking.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

At this point, the only podcasts I enjoy are Wrestlesplania and the one my friends make, MarkSetGo (and that's mostly so I can argue with them after the fact)

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DangerDummy! posted:

I mentioned earlier in the thread at how personally outraged Jack was over the whole Lita/Matt/Edge situation, and it was all directed solely at Lita. He comes across a bit too incel-ish at times for my liking.

Not true, Matt got skewered on that show too. Edge to a lesser extent but yeah Lita and Matt were torn apart.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

the escape goat posted:

At this point, the only podcasts I enjoy are Wrestlesplania and the one my friends make, MarkSetGo (and that's mostly so I can argue with them after the fact)

Oh drat, you know those guys too? I go to most of their Tanker parties.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

I got "best in the world but does it in a way where he can still walk (and probably work) at 55". His basic point is that Miyahara, Flair and Miz all work in a way where they are/were very unlikely to get hurt and thus can do it 200 nights a year safely, but the former two can also make the match compelling as hell.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I'm getting a lot of mileage on searching f4 wrestling shows for the terms "worst nitro" and lo and behold todays includes that phrase. David Arquette is champion and they unanimously agree Arquette was one of the better things on the show.

But yeah the four so far "worst nitro" shows are all time great shows and include for example Bam Bam Bigelow going Nowhere.

Im fairly sure all four have been Russo shows too.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Bryan's going to get poo poo on hard for saying Jacqueline is better than the entirety of the womens main roster today except Asuka, Kairi and Charlotte. If he left off Charlotte he'd be fine but including Charlotte means the others are worse than her.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

Bryan's going to get poo poo on hard for saying Jacqueline is better than the entirety of the womens main roster today except Asuka, Kairi and Charlotte. If he left off Charlotte he'd be fine but including Charlotte means the others are worse than her.

I think he's more likely to get poo poo on for saying (after making multiple mangled efforts to explain his point) that he'd prefer to see the IIconics in catfights tearing their clothes off than actual wrestling matches.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Jerusalem posted:

I think he's more likely to get poo poo on for saying (after making multiple mangled efforts to explain his point) that he'd prefer to see the IIconics in catfights tearing their clothes off than actual wrestling matches.

also yes

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That was a terribly bad take for sure

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Is it possible Bryan is trolling or is his love for Charlotte that strong. I think Charlotte is an excellent wrestler, she’s probably the best athlete among the four horsewomen, but I don’t think she’s a massively better worker.

She’s had great matches, she’s also had matches fall apart on her a bit. I know they are predisposed to be big fans of hers, but saying poo poo like that after all his fights over slotting her into the main event of Mania seems either puckish or myopic.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

she's also way too top heavy now and moves around the ring like she has a curved spine

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

HidaO-Win posted:

Is it possible Bryan is trolling

Almost always

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I loved that cage match with Rock and Shane and Im glad Bryan and Vinny liked it too.