Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

man, if only there was a name for this type of scam

ISK doubling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

LethalGeek posted:

ISK doubling?

Hello, You Invest? Profit!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

let it mellow posted:

I’m still trying to figure out if it’s the same jean van der velde, no time to make fun of you since you’ll still be here next week

No, Jean Van de Velde the hapless french golfist is still golfing

While Jean-Louis van der Velde the dutch slash HK expatriate bitfinex CEO is a mysterious name who has so little real-world footprint that he may or may not exist

Desert Bus posted:

You can buy Bitcoin at Coinstar machines now!

https://www.coinstar.com/bitcoin

lol you're not even buying bitcoin, you're buying IOU tickets to redeem for bitcoins!

two full layers of magic beanz

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFx8dE36U68

https://www.jaguarlandrover.com/news/2019/04/money-earn-you-drive-jaguar-land-rover

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Thanks, i hate it!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Bitcoin, the currency of the future, totally untraceable and secure

... except we literally always know where you’re car is and where it’s going

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Bitcoin, the currency of the future, totally untraceable and secure

... except we literally always know where you’re car is and where it’s going

D'you even know what the Block Chain is

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Car manufacturers already do anyway

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

If you have a phone in the car they already know

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

If only you knew what a hilarious self-own this was

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Can't wait to spoof my GPS and drive circles around a pothole mining Jaguar coin.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Whether Tether is actually backed by all that money is irrelevant anyways, because they don't guarantee that you'll be able to redeem 1 Tether for 1 Dollar. So, in essence, it's completely unbacked - just like any other cryptocurrency.

JohnLovely
Aug 15, 2017

by Athanatos
Grimey Drawer
are references to "crypto" resume poison yet?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

poverty goat posted:

If you have a phone in the car they already know

Nowadays cars come with built in cellular modems and they send all kinds of telemetry back to the manufacturer.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mimesweeper posted:

yeah, secondhand stories people post, analysis like was already said and personal experience

it doesn't matter how much of a social butterfly you are, it takes luck to meet the right people. most are just looking to make money and gently caress you over if they can, or whoever they buy from is doing the same, etc etc. that happens over the internet too with vendors pulling exit scams and stuff but you have a lot more people involved and reviews being posted and it's much safer to get stuff discreetly in the mail than go meet someone in person and then drive home with it in your car. law enforcement is way too busy to go after every small fish, if you're just buying for personal use you aren't worth their time.

in a sane world it'd all be legal and regulated and everyone would just be doing the same poo poo that's been pretty well understood for centuries instead of dying because of fentanyl and 69-bromo-dragon-gently caress-whatever but here we are. spend all that law enforcement money on treatment and education and keep more people alive and free. but that's just like, my opinion, man. and i'm getting off topic so i'll just shut up about it now. hail satan.

I must have a lot of luck then because during my drug using and selling days I consistently got better, cheaper stuff from real life contacts with very little effort. When you're living that life you meet likeminded people quite easily, and these drugs are literally flowing in a raging torrent across the border, they just need to be located.

Snip

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Are you seriously discussing illegal drug prices you get in gbs?

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Maybe people think it's worth the markup because they just want to get high and don't want to have to hang out with/associate with druggies. Seems like a pretty good trade off if you're a professional type and want to avoid all the baggage that comes with scoring.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Yeah, I'd say you have been lucky. Maybe southern California is different, there are a lot of assholes out here. Things used to be different in the late 90s/early 00s but then a couple big labs and a bunch of people got busted and everything went to poo poo.

Anyway this is enough of a derail, wish I'd never posted about it. Lets get back to laughing at everyone who seriously believes a tether is worth a dollar.

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 30, 2019

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
tether is like a discworld god, its power is given to it by the people who believe in it

but there's this problem, for gods, when the only people who believe in them are crazy

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

internet celebrity posted:

Maybe people think it's worth the markup because they just want to get high and don't want to have to hang out with/associate with druggies. Seems like a pretty good trade off if you're a professional type and want to avoid all the baggage that comes with scoring.

There are professional dealers for professional people

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

The White Dragon posted:

tether is like a discworld god, its power is given to it by the people who believe in it

but there's this problem, for gods, when the only people who believe in them are crazy

I'm not convinced anyone actually does believe in tether, rather it's just a convenient fiction for everyone in the crypto sphere that allows a number of other scams to happen.

I mean the alternative just seems too stupid to comprehend, but...

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wow, people outside TCC don't know that's a rule anymore?

Don't talk about drug prices because it looks like you're trying to set up a deal and will get superbanned

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

StandardVC10 posted:

I'm not convinced anyone actually does believe in tether, rather it's just a convenient fiction for everyone in the crypto sphere that allows a number of other scams to happen.

I mean the alternative just seems too stupid to comprehend, but...

I think there's some true believers sprinkled in, but most just like that it allows them to effectively move cash balances around between different markets like you suggest.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

shame on an IGA posted:

Don't talk about drug prices because it looks like you're trying to set up a deal and will get superbanned

Trying to set up a drug deal in the bitcoin thread is so on-the-nose that it’s not a credible accusation. The perfect crime.txt

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

shame on an IGA posted:

I let it stay for a bit for self edit but I guess not.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

Are you seriously discussing illegal drug prices you get in gbs?

this isn't actually against the rules outside of tcc

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

poverty goat posted:

this isn't actually against the rules outside of tcc

We aren’t having a price shopping discussion in the bitcoin thread with dollar amounts.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Quick, before the mods shut this whole discussion down, how much weasel dust can I get for 0.127 gooncoin?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

At least 11.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
.69 grams

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I will have 420 of your finest weasel dusts please.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

meet me next to the dumpster behind SA-Mart if you want some dank-rear end huffs of primo jenkem, I will hook u up

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
It always comes back to getting stabbed in a parking lot.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

Would you really have it any other way??

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I only do Mangosteen.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Burt Sexual posted:

Sometimes you get beaten with a 3D-printed tactical club

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
:catdrugs:

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Splicer posted:

Sometimes you get beaten with a 3D-printed tactical club
sometimes you make a 3d printed gun, then flee to a Taiwan because of some misunderstanding involving you, alcohol, a hotel room and an underaged girl

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
If you want to see the Tether and Bitfinex premiums live, see the bottom of https://cryptowat.ch/assets/btc - $70 between USD and USDT exchanges, and a whopping $330 premium on Bitfinex over Coinbase, as people buy bitcoins to get rid of their tethers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Bitfinexed/status/1122873587050872832