Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I spent the weekend reading about Suprematism and all it made me do was get mad at the concept of art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Karate Bastard posted:

I hear "Jazz" music meant literally "gently caress" music. Guess what "Ragtime" music means.

That may or may not be true.

"Rock and roll" was definitely slang for loving.

Little Acorns
Apr 5, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Saw this in the bathroom of my favorite bar. Someone had secretly changed out the Employees must wash hands sign and it was up for a few days before any of the employees actually noticed. LOL.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Little Acorns posted:

Saw this in the bathroom of my favorite bar. Someone had secretly changed out the Employees must wash hands sign and it was up for a few days before any of the employees actually noticed. LOL.

You mean it was up for a couple of days before the waitstaff noticed the kitchen didn't smell like sweaty balls anymore and reported it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They probably just thought they ran out of cumin.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The recent purchases thread is thataway.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5aPl2q7vtg

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
That Man-Tent though.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Karate Bastard posted:

Electronic Dance Notmusic

Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

As much as I laugh at these things, they also give me the loving willies at the same time.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm reasonably sure that's the point

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Captain Splendid posted:

That may or may not be true.

"Rock and roll" was definitely slang for loving.

Sorry to say jazz and rock weren't hated because of their perceived connection to sex.

It was because they were both invented by black people.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ragtime too

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

And all the fuckin they were doing.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Little Acorns posted:

This is in the employee bathroom at the bar where I work.

Little Acorns
Apr 5, 2019

by Cyrano4747

James Woods posted:

This is in the employee bathroom at the bar where I work.

HAHA! Nice! Sounds like an interesting place to work.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/1030/status/1122932356443193345

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

REALLY disappointed that this wasn't a skyrim fade.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Little Acorns posted:

HAHA! Nice! Sounds like an interesting place to work.

It's a Heavy Metal German style beer garden where the employees are infamous for and encouraged to be mean to the customers. I've been managing corporate run restaurants for over ten years and always said that this was the place I wanted to retire. During my interview I had the following exchange with my boss.

"How would you deal with an upset customer?" He asked.

"Well first I would try and deescalate the situation. Then I would identify the problem. Finally I would correct the problem."

"What if after all that they were still being a dick?"

I thought about this for a second. "Tell them to go gently caress themselves?"

Boss scribbles in his interview notes. "Correct answer."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

James Woods posted:

It's a Heavy Metal German style beer garden where the employees are infamous for and encouraged to be mean to the customers. I've been managing corporate run restaurants for over ten years and always said that this was the place I wanted to retire. During my interview I had the following exchange with my boss.

"How would you deal with an upset customer?" He asked.

"Well first I would try and deescalate the situation. Then I would identify the problem. Finally I would correct the problem."

"What if after all that they were still being a dick?"

I thought about this for a second. "Tell them to go gently caress themselves?"

Boss scribbles in his interview notes. "Correct answer."

That's basically how I work, since I'm the executive director and basically right below the owners themselves in authority. We're also accredited, which means we have strict rules that we can't break. I don't curse, but I'm very plain about telling people when they're not going to get something and I'll hang up if they just keep trying to talk me in circles or get too abusive.

I had one guy who called to report a problem with a test question and he spent 10 minutes ranting about how we're so lucky that he caught this and that we'll get people KILLED with this kind of misinformation. I'm not kidding, 10 loving minutes. Every time I tried to speak, he would cut me off to ramble again. He actually worked himself into such an angry frenzy over us not helping him (because he wouldn't let us speak more than a word) that he completely skipped over telling us what question and answer he had a problem with and escalated himself to "Let me talk to the owner."

I go "Oh, am I allowed to speak now?"

He starts ranting and demanding to talk to someone of higher authority than me. I tell him that I've just spent 10 minutes not being allowed to talk, that I am the highest authority in the building, and he can either tell me what he's calling about or I'm hanging up. He says he'll just call the owner directly and hangs up.

I ended up calling the training company he just tested at because I had a suspicion he had been rambling at them too. Yeah, they told me what question it was. He was wrong.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bam this sick filth.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Two pages of this book by Chris (Simpsons Artist) were shared unironically as “OMG who really believes this?!?” and “I bet a MAN wrote this book lolololol” with thousands of people agreeing that this 100% Serious Birthing Manual seems suspect. And can I please get Arby’s and Horsey sauce with that?

https://twitter.com/marklisseman/status/1122878427374157824?s=21

https://twitter.com/georginaadlam/status/1122961085609463808?s=21

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Look at this loving hand.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's not a real book? Yeah, right. Next you'll tell me minions never actually said any of the things in minion memes.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can tell this is a Shitpostbot5000 creation. One of the few good things to come out of Twitter.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Scratch Monkey posted:

Sorry to say jazz and rock weren't hated because of their perceived connection to sex.

Hipster originally meant "White dude who listens to jazz".

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Hipster originally meant "White dude who listens to jazz".

Wait... I’m white and I like jazz....

Oh gently caress...

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Dude originally meant "Well groomed and fashion conscious man" then evolved to mean city slicker particularly those who traveled to the "Wild West" as tourists.

Now it just means dude because of surfers.

This dude was known as King of the Dudes

(Obviously)

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Watch out for those man eating jackrabbits and that killer cacti.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's a little wild and a little strange.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

FreudianSlippers posted:

Dude originally meant "Well groomed and fashion conscious man" then evolved to mean city slicker particularly those who traveled to the "Wild West" as tourists.

Now it just means dude because of surfers.

This dude was known as King of the Dudes

(Obviously)

I remember hearing the original definition of "dude" was meant for female ranch hands or something like that, any idea where that could've come from?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
So then them calling a place a " Dude Ranch" was meant to been pretty insulting?

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

I appreciate this and I appreciate you.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Johnny Aztec posted:

So then them calling a place a " Dude Ranch" was meant to been pretty insulting?

Yeah it's a place where dumbass dudes come out and play ranch, the glamping of the 1890's.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MizPiz posted:

I remember hearing the original definition of "dude" was meant for female ranch hands or something like that, any idea where that could've come from?

Someone who was wrong it sounds like

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Beachcomber posted:

Just wanted you to know I appreciate this reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There's an Everett True strip where he gets mad at a guy for eating his pie like a dude.

e:

dude ideas