Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

We need something more visceral and painful than a Guillotine IMO

Blood Eagle

:black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Shame Boy posted:

Joe Biden will win by running on an appeal to the kind of boring normalcy that everyone has been starved of since 2016

I honestly think he's too right wing and too much of a toucher

He campaigned for the GOP in the mid-terms. In the '18 midterms in Michigan, he took $200k to do a campaign speech for a Republican. This was an anti-lgbt, anti-ACA theocrat who then narrowly beat the Democrat. Thanks, Joe!

And have you seen the more recoil-inducing clips of him being touchy? There's one of him pulling a six year old girl into his hip/crotch for a few minutes straight while he stands there talking to the parents, refusing to let the girl get away while he sort of has hold of her head, intermittently playing with her jaw line and ear and hair.

Biden'll sputter out as soon as anyone goes at him hard.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Accretionist posted:

He campaigned for the GOP in the mid-terms. In the '18 midterms in Michigan, he took $200k to do a campaign speech for a Republican. This was an anti-lgbt, anti-ACA theocrat who then narrowly beat the Democrat. Thanks, Joe!

And have you seen the more recoil-inducing clips of him being touchy? There's one of him pulling a six year old girl into his hip/crotch for a few minutes straight while he stands there talking to the parents, refusing to let the girl get away while he sort of has hold of her head, intermittently playing with her jaw line and ear and hair.

But... but... his electability! White dudes like him so much, that means he's the best candidate!

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Accretionist posted:

Bad news, that won't get any air until the general

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Petr posted:

I don't think any Democrat is winning the general, honestly.

And seeing the moderate, establishment candidate get beat again might finally put to bed the myth of centrist electability.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Only old people vote in the primary and old people like stable boring right-wing white dudes who feel safe and don't have any uppity big ideas

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Yo this is page 420 post some ganjapenours.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

T-man posted:

Well... you can't tell me drugs weren't involved in this (NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKFZJU7bvaw

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Lol if you think you need to go an ~elite University~ to work at Accenture, just lmao

I've got three buddies that work for accenture, all ex geek squad, I almost worked there myself.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

T-man posted:

Right wing hegemony is as inevitable and unbeatable as the climate death of all large mammals including humans, happy 420

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

T-man posted:

felt kinda sick looking at this tbh

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

One of the sources cited in that thing is just "Packaged Facts"

That is a very succinct and straightforward name

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

I would never give my dog a cbd/thc treat; it's like giving your kid an edible. Plus a dog can't say no.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

they almost get the point but then remember who owns their soul

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Shame Boy posted:

One of the sources cited in that thing is just "Packaged Facts"

That is a very succinct and straightforward name

I'm pretty sure thats 'Euromonitor International Packaged Facts'. They do a poo poo ton of research on nearly everything including cannabis, pet ownership, orange juice consumption, pet food etc etc. In this case the data for that graph might have been pulled from a generic research project on pet ownership they do that's available to anyone who wants to buy that report. They're usually okay at citing their sources and it looks like their style of data presentation so the whole infographic could be their work. Or not. Who knows all these things look generic half the time.

Outrail has issued a correction as of 17:05 on Apr 30, 2019

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

got any sevens posted:

they almost get the point but then remember who owns their soul

It's in quote marks, who exactly is this quoting

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Petr posted:

Right wing hegemony is as inevitable and unbeatable as the climate death of all large mammals including humans, happy 420

yes, and?

Shame Boy posted:

It's in quote marks, who exactly is this quoting

Albert Einstein, obviously.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hey that's not a quote, how am I supposed to trust it :colbert:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Thanatosian posted:

And seeing the moderate, establishment candidate get beat again might finally put to bed the myth of centrist electability.

lol

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Shame Boy posted:

Only old people vote in the primary and old people like stable boring right-wing white dudes who feel safe and don't have any uppity big ideas

otoh, bernie took home half the vote in iowa in 2016

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Thanatosian posted:

I don't think any Democrat is winning the general, honestly.

I have a lib buddy who has such a boner for bipartisanship and 3rd way liberalism and wants a centrist to take the nomination. for his sake and ours, i hope biden eats poo poo and falls out early. a nominated Joe biden will be infuriating to me, and heartbreaking to him when trump easily wriggles his way to a second term

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Accretionist posted:

Hello no, we won't Joe!

Has a nice ring to it.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Petr posted:

Eat This Glob posted:

for his sake and ours, i hope biden eats poo poo and falls out early

We should run Creepy Joe spots on Fox News.

Late 2017, average price for 30 seconds of prime time:
  • Fox News: $8,286
  • CNN: $5,467
  • MSNBC: $3,139

Someone start a gofundme

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Accretionist posted:

We should run Creepy Joe spots on Fox News.

Late 2017, average price for 30 seconds of prime time:
  • Fox News: $8,286
  • CNN: $5,467
  • MSNBC: $3,139

Someone start a gofundme

That is an order of magnitude cheaper than I thought.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Day Man posted:

It's the same with the cost to bribe public officials to do lobbying.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Day Man posted:

That's gotta be on a per airing basis, and I doubt you can buy in super low quantities

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Petr posted:

That's gotta be on a per airing basis, and I doubt you can buy in super low quantities

also i bet the cost of making an ad is hilariously expensive

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Fair points

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

It's the same with the cost to bribe public officials to do lobbying.

There was a fun interview with Robert Caro I heard where he talked about how LBJ bought votes in congress for pathetic amounts of money, like $100

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jel Shaker posted:

also i bet the cost of making an ad is hilariously expensive

Sure for a real commercial but I bet you could get someone to edit a great 30s Creepy Joe ad on fiverr

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Shame Boy posted:

There was a fun interview with Robert Caro I heard where he talked about how LBJ bought votes in congress for pathetic amounts of money, like $100

In 1940's money? That adds up.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

bike tory posted:

e: content

This one's funny because a ton of my friends and I got laid off after DHX squandered $1 billon buying the rights to Peanuts.
Then DHX closed down the Halifax studio because the stock prices tanked and they had to sell off half the rights to Sony. When the initial purchase happened everybody at work was like 'oh man! We're gonna get to make a Charlie Brown movie!' then all the people who stayed late working on the pilot got turfed and DHX sent all the work to Vancouver.
Long story short, gently caress the animation industry.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

T-man posted:

I found basically the same interview I had heard written up in the New Yorker, though with less asides:

quote:

In the left-hand column were the districts of congressmen who had asked the Congressional Committee for money. In the second column were the names of the congressmen and the amount that each had asked for—tiny amounts, in the terms of later eras—and what, in the congressman’s own words, he needed it for. “must have $250 by thursday night for last issue advertising,” for example. Or “$350 by thursday. have set up machinery to reach 11,000 additional voters.” Others wanted five hundred dollars “for workers in spanish and italian districts” or “$1,000 on november 1 to hire poll watchers,” or wrote, “chances bright . . . if we can get right away $14 for each of five county papers and $20 for titusville herald.”

That last one totals $90, which adjusting for inflation since 1940 is equivalent to $1634 today, which... still doesn't sound like very much to me for what he's buying :v:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I substitute teach and here are some things from school hallways/classrooms I see as I go around working.

This was just one kindergartener's wish for the new year. His single mom works the front desk at a hotel.

This is on the wall in the play area.

I already posted the ABC's with corporate logo's a while back. I've since found that printed and put up in multiple schools (not just that one classroom).

Here it is just for review:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

T-man posted:

Yeah nowadays it costs like $5,000 or so.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

I substitute teach and here are some things from school hallways/classrooms I see as I go around working.

This was just one kindergartener's wish for the new year. His single mom works the front desk at a hotel.

I already posted the ABC's with corporate logo's a while back. I've since found that printed and put up in multiple schools (not just that one classroom).

:(

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

This makes me insanely angry.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's cheaper for me to buy a prepaid debit card with my credit card than it is to take a cash advance for the same amount off the credit card. Why? gently caress me that's why.

e: sitting here contemplating a $100 cash advance meanwhile at work today so far I have helped close loans such that the lender got about $250k in fees (not counting the actual interest rate on the loans at all). Just today.

Jose asks me why I'm so angry lol

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 20:12 on Apr 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mycomancy posted:

This makes me insanely angry.

Then I'm glad I've curated what I could be posting. Because that child wishing his mom could not be on night shift is the least of the heartbreaking wishes of kindergarteners.