Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Demiurge4 posted:

ECO had a pretty shite skill system when I tried it out, I heard the system got updated recently but progression is still based on house quality and nutrition. The fact that every player needs their own house really messes with the environment as forests get clearcut super early.

I had a lot of fun playing as a forester / carpenter. I claimed some especially scenic land and kept the forest grounds beautiful and clean of debris, not just clearcut as a tree farm. It was really relaxing.

If there's interest I could spin up a goon (and/or friends) only server, I ran one for a little bit after the exodus from the other one I mentioned but we didn't have enough population to get far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

queserasera posted:

Yup, talking to you. :) It's a great mod.

Is it worth building fences around your fields? I've noticed an uptick in trapped birds since I planted seeds. The birds would fly over them, I think. What about deer and elk?

Small animals (up to wolf size - I had wolves jump my fence and devour my pig :mad: ) and birds can pass through the fence, while bigger ones (deer, bears, etc) have to attack and destroy them first if they want in. Never had it happen to me, though.

Njerpez and humans in general can of course climb your fences just like you can. So fences are basically useless except for keeping your own tamed animals in... and for coolness/aesthetic factors of course, I like building stuff like fences in the winter when there's not much to do

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Kenshi is an absolute blast until it stops being fun, which took me forever. I doin't know that it's really much of a survival game, but there's a lot to enjoy, once you figure the game out.

Enemies can be absolutely brutal, though. There's nothing like setting up a base and then a bunch of bandits that are orders of magnitude stronger than you come and wreck up the place and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

OneTwentySix posted:

Kenshi is an absolute blast until it stops being fun, which took me forever. I doin't know that it's really much of a survival game, but there's a lot to enjoy, once you figure the game out.

Enemies can be absolutely brutal, though. There's nothing like setting up a base and then a bunch of bandits that are orders of magnitude stronger than you come and wreck up the place and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Yeah, I was hesitant to post it here, but the base building aspect kind of puts it in this genre. Sure, the world is populated and you can take part in a more RPG-like experience, but so's Unreal World, and if you want to you can just strike out into the middle of nowhere and deal with progressively harder raids a la The Forest or 7 Days to Die.

Even games like Unreal World put you into a populated world with similar options to interact with the NPCs (quests, trading, hiring of NPCs, etc), so in that vein I figure it fits. The only major difference in my eyes is that the map features are static, as are the factions and their holdings at the beginning.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the biggest pro tip with Kenshi is "mod early, mod often"

i normally don't like this advice because i feel modding causes more problems than it solves a lot of the time by introducing shitloads of bugs, incompatibilities, and inability to talk to other players of the game because pretty quickly you're not sharing the same details. but with kenshi there are so many stupid, basic things that you should be able to do but cannot because the game still isn't really very complete even after 12 years of dev or whatever it was before the creator burned out and called it 1.0.

good example: training isn't just a nice to have in kenshi, it is one hundred and ten percent required because training allows a specific character to handle geometrically more tasks than someone who has not been trained. strength training, in particular, is functionally a requirement for everyone, as higher strength increases your carry weight and damage in combat. your carry weight implicitly affects pretty much everything else in combat because it sets your encumbrance. being heavily encumbered in combat will at least halve your effectiveness, so even if your weapon doesn't do damage based on strength, you want high strength to simply wear armor and not be encumbered.

you train strength by carrying heavy loads. okay, cool, it's a squad game. just pick up a heavy load and use the patrol button that has been in every single game like that since the 486 era. then you can switch focuses and do something interesting while that happens.

...the gently caress do you mean there's no patrol button? i have to manually click around to make this douchebag carry his heavy load up and down the street?

no. gently caress that. i'm downloading a mod that lets me build a training bench to train strength. eat a dick.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

queserasera posted:

Yup, talking to you. :) It's a great mod.

Is it worth building fences around your fields? I've noticed an uptick in trapped birds since I planted seeds. The birds would fly over them, I think. What about deer and elk?

Nice. I'd recommend putting a few bird traps around the farm, you'd be surprised at how effective this is. Another fun one is to build a fence around the farm but leave a path in with a series of progressively smaller traps and snares to trap whatever comes in. Put an exit with the same setup and boom free trap fence, since migrating animals will path through. Oh and put a few pawboard traps around your base too, foxes are rare but they do show up to raid your cellar

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

metasynthetic posted:

I had a lot of fun playing as a forester / carpenter. I claimed some especially scenic land and kept the forest grounds beautiful and clean of debris, not just clearcut as a tree farm. It was really relaxing.

If there's interest I could spin up a goon (and/or friends) only server, I ran one for a little bit after the exodus from the other one I mentioned but we didn't have enough population to get far.

Sounds fun! While we still only have a few people I think it would be fun to start a little goon colony on another big server (Detroit anyone?)

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

I think I must be the unluckiest player in Unreal World I've ever seen. Or I'm just really awful at it. I see so many other players who build big log cabins with fences and yards and farm animals and their own personal reindeer herds and stuff and they seem to survive eternally until they get bored, yet I must have played this game for many dozens of hours by now but I still haven't made it anywhere near that far. I still haven't really seen what the human vs human combat is like. I still haven't been able to last long enough to make it to my first winter. Something always comes outta nowhere and instakills me and it's frustrating as hell but also hilarious.

This time I zoomed into a village and there just happened to be a large pack of wolves right inside of the village like they were attacking it or something (can they raid their food stores?) One of the wolves ran up and bit my leg off and I just instantly died in one hit. This was right at the end of a long exhausting journey where I finally got a full set of axes and even a nice iron helmet. I had never had one of those before and I had just bought it and I was all excited. I had a masterwork northern bow and I thought I was in good shape for once but then my leg gets ripped off outta nowhere. Every single one of my characters has died in some comical way like that. I've never had just a straight-up fight before. The game is fun but it sure loves giving me a giant middle finger every time I play it.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

YMMV but I find with games like this, it's better to just make a string of characters that you just do the dumbest things with. I kept dying to combat, so I decided I'd keep throwing people into combat until I figured it out, or at least managed to make my odds of surviving better. Then I noticed I sucked at hunting, so I kept on bashing out hunting, over and over until I got better at it, totally disregarding everything else in the game. Good memories of hunting bandits in the forest with a couple of spears and just skewering the fuckers from afar and watching them try to crawl away. I'd usually do these dedicated training characters after I'd spent 4 hours on one that died to something that made me super salty. It helped break up the monotony and brought enjoyment and satisfaction to help balance out the sourness of my recent death.

Then I'd reroll a new character after I figured my progress was good enough and decide "This is the one", and played him smart, slow and careful. I wouldn't take risks, I'd weigh every action, steadily working towards getting a log cabin in a good place. It worked. And then those unavoidable situations that would arise, where a bear attacks or some of those bandit bastards ambush you, they went from game-ending scenarios to situations I could either outright win, or narrowly avoid death. Wolves are something I don't remember, so they might be a new addition to the game. You could just set up camp near a town and try and trade as many items as possible to get full leather armour? Even the most basic of leather armour will go a long way in extending your survivability, and would probably prevent moments where your leg gets bitten off in one chomp.

This game would be an awesome co-op game :( Imagine just setting out with a friend, it would be so good. You with a spear to hold enemies back, your friend with a bow just picking them off from behind.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 30, 2019

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Yeah I had no idea they could just run up and chomp your leg off in one hit like that. I had only survived for a few months with that character but in retrospect I should've gone for basic armor much earlier, like ASAP. I got that nice iron helmet because I figured my head was the important thing. I thought I could survive a leg hit but one shot to the head might kill me so I got that helmet while I still had the opportunity. I ended up leaving the legs exposed though and welp. It seems like all my games have kinda turned out the same way. I usually start in either spring or summer, and the early game is always the most difficult part, where I'm struggling to get basic weapons and equipment, sometimes starving for a few days at a time until I get on my feet. Eventually I get a more or less permanent camp set up where I put most of my poo poo, and then I start bringing in some big elk or reindeer kills. A few months in, I have a cellar full of meat and some furs traded for better equipment. I start getting more comfortable with my character and the game seems to get easier. That's the part when something inevitably pops out of nowhere and kills me.

The whole permadeath thing makes the game frustrating but also leads to some very tense stuff. I had a really neat encounter with a bear a ways back. I had a campsite set up on the tip of a small peninsula on a lake, and there was only one narrow way to get to it by land. Well I was on my way back to the camp on the wilderness map one day when my dog barked and alerted me to fresh bear tracks nearby. I followed them and it turned out that the bear was lurking around some thick woods blocking the base of the peninsula where my camp was and it was only a couple hundred meters from the camp itself. There was no way to get to my camp without going through the bear, and if it weren't for the dog, I could have blundered right into that bear and it could have jumped out of the woods and instakilled me like what happened to so many of my other characters.

Luckily I spotted the bear first and I had a raft, so I was able to get around it and then gather some tools and supplies while trying to keep tabs on the bear's whereabouts from out in the water. Sometimes the bear would slip away into the woods and I would lose sight of it, so I would get out on land to scout the area, but the bear would always pop out somewhere and start heading right at me and force me back out into the water again, like the drat thing was stalking me just as I was stalking it. After about a day of this I managed to sneak around behind the bear, found some of its old tracks and built a heavy deadfall bear trap right on top of it. I baited it with some fresh fish and then caught the fucker a few hours later. I finally got revenge on the bears for all the characters I've lost to those things. I used the bear for target practice, killed it and then hung its skull from a pine tree as part of a ritual. That was pretty badass. Then my character drowned later because I'm a huge moron.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
With URW, for every triumph you see posted there are likely hundreds of failed attempts preceding it. The RNG can gently caress you pretty hard, but every once in a while you get lucky and that helps fuel future successes. Some of my most rewarding games start out with misery though, like the one where I got jumped by bandits and had to basically crawl home, patch myself up, and wait for my arm to heal before I could do anything useful again. Those moments where it's touch and go and you're just praying for nothing else to go wrong are where the game really shines.

For me the biggest hurdle is getting my first smoke house up and running. Once that's achieved and food spoilage/scarcity stops being a problem, the game just becomes my sandbox. Random poo poo can still screw you over, obviously; but that's what the game's about.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I usually do a once a season savescum backup after I build a house, because screw doing that twice.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So, there's a new one out on Steam, "Fade to Silent" that has you fight weird ghost monsters and also you can have a DOG SLED. I'm sorely tempted to get this just for the dog sled.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Speedball posted:

So, there's a new one out on Steam, "Fade to Silent" that has you fight weird ghost monsters and also you can have a DOG SLED. I'm sorely tempted to get this just for the dog sled.

It's really, really buggy.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Hello thread!

Dropping in to say that I've just hit Day 700 in The Long Dark, Interloper mode.

At this stage, my hardy lone survivor uses almost no non-renewable resources day to day. He is living in a one-shack retirement village near the edge of a cliff in Milton Park, Mountain Town.

This particular 'loper game has been going (and going, and going) for eleven months. In hindsight, I might have overplayed it a wee bit.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Mr Fronts posted:

Hello thread!

Dropping in to say that I've just hit Day 700 in The Long Dark, Interloper mode.

At this stage, my hardy lone survivor uses almost no non-renewable resources day to day. He is living in a one-shack retirement village near the edge of a cliff in Milton Park, Mountain Town.

This particular 'loper game has been going (and going, and going) for eleven months. In hindsight, I might have overplayed it a wee bit.

Holy poo poo! 700 days? I barely make it past 30 before I restart.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

metasynthetic posted:

I might be interested in this, though I haven't played the game. I was intrigued by it when I first saw it in Steam, but I've been burned too many times by early access games to buy it. Is it in a playable state, and is there actual, enjoyable gameplay to be had?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

AlbertFlasher posted:

Holy poo poo! 700 days? I barely make it past 30 before I restart.
You've got basically 60 days before it becomes too cold to travel. Then you just survive as long as possible on the hoarded rations you were able to collect and the nearby wildlife. 700 is a bit silly and repetitive, but still an accomplishment because drat interloper is legitimately hard even when you know what you're doing, ab(use) stuff like cooking 1kg meals with torches for faster levelups and deece clothing is really hard to find.

You also have to have the entire route planned in advance due to the crazy time limit and of course meeting just one wolf is likely death.

Kinda curious what your route is and how many caches you made because i wasnt ever able to make it to day 100 (what most consider a victory)

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 27, 2019

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

They may not be first-person scavenging games like everything else in this thread but I'd wager that the city-builders Frostpunk and Surviving Mars both count as "survival" games because you're always short on whatever it is you need to not die. (and for that matter, Frostpunk's developer's predecessor, This War Of Mine). Indeed there's still a bit of scavenging going around in both games as you have to grab whatever junk you can find in Frostpunk without freezing your poor workers to death and you have to scour the surface of Mars for metals in a rover if your mines start running out of deposits, because just building stuff is not enough, you have to *maintain* it with more resources.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I played a bit of Frostpunk, and ignoring the bit where it's the only game I've played that chugged like hell in the loading screen, I'm under the impression that you're kind of hosed if you don't do the exact optimal things(including picking the correct government options) early on.

Which is fine, I've gladly played other games like that, but it kind of ruins the illusion of your choices mattering all that much. Which is kind of lame when that's something the game is trying to pretend matters.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Haifisch posted:

I played a bit of Frostpunk, and ignoring the bit where it's the only game I've played that chugged like hell in the loading screen, I'm under the impression that you're kind of hosed if you don't do the exact optimal things(including picking the correct government options) early on.

Which is fine, I've gladly played other games like that, but it kind of ruins the illusion of your choices mattering all that much. Which is kind of lame when that's something the game is trying to pretend matters.

There's definitely only two or three "right" things to do on the opening five or so days in Frostpunk scenarios, but after that it open up and lets you do whatever in whatever way. I was surprised at how easy survival was once I understood the mechanics, tbh. It does get tight on Hard, but that's to be expected.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Speedball posted:

They may not be first-person scavenging games like everything else in this thread but I'd wager that the city-builders Frostpunk and Surviving Mars both count as "survival" games because you're always short on whatever it is you need to not die. (and for that matter, Frostpunk's developer's predecessor, This War Of Mine). Indeed there's still a bit of scavenging going around in both games as you have to grab whatever junk you can find in Frostpunk without freezing your poor workers to death and you have to scour the surface of Mars for metals in a rover if your mines start running out of deposits, because just building stuff is not enough, you have to *maintain* it with more resources.

Rimworld is easily the best "city builder" survival game imho.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Nah, actually you can make "wrong" decisions all the time. Some of the buildings and whatnot help you overcome the other "bad" decisions. There's more leeway there than you might think. What pisses some people off might help them survive or vice versa, but you can usually compensate. If you decide to do some radical triage and amputate some frostbitten limbs you can get prosthetics later, or dumping bodies in a frozen pit might let you later on use those frozen organs for organ transplants, even if the pit depresses people more than a proper gravesite.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Speedball posted:

This War of Mine was easily one of my favorite indie games of the past few years. It really scratches some survival/scroller/atmospheric itch I didn't know I had. Soo many hours dumped into that game and its expansion/story mode.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

NatasDog posted:

This War of Mine was easily one of my favorite indie games of the past few years. It really scratches some survival/scroller/atmospheric itch I didn't know I had. Soo many hours dumped into that game and its expansion/story mode.

Yeah, and your survivors in that have a hidden sanity meter that goes down if you do questionable stuff like stealing from the nice old couple who have plenty of food...

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Love that game but I just can't play the scenarios with the kids, it's so depressing :(

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Klaaz posted:

Love that game but I just can't play the scenarios with the kids, it's so depressing :(

It's cool once you start getting them entertainment items built though. I love watching them doodle, play on the swing, build snowmen, etc. Training them to do household tasks like making and installing water filters, et al is pretty neat once you get the whole operation up and running too.

It's still depressing, but it's neat being able to shed a little light on their existence eventually. :unsmith:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Bhodi posted:

You've got basically 60 days before it becomes too cold to travel. Then you just survive as long as possible on the hoarded rations you were able to collect and the nearby wildlife. 700 is a bit silly and repetitive, but still an accomplishment because drat interloper is legitimately hard even when you know what you're doing, ab(use) stuff like cooking 1kg meals with torches for faster levelups and deece clothing is really hard to find.

You also have to have the entire route planned in advance due to the crazy time limit and of course meeting just one wolf is likely death.

Kinda curious what your route is and how many caches you made because i wasnt ever able to make it to day 100 (what most consider a victory)

The trusty journal tells all...

Started at Desolation Point. Hit various places on my way to the mine leading the hell out of DP.

D2 - Through Old Island Connector to Coastal Highway. Scavenged for stuff through to D5.

D6 - Back to Desolation Point. Through the mine to Hibernia.
D7- Furnace-filling fun, crafting all the bits... then scavenging stuff around the place.

D9 - Back through Coastal Highway, heading through Ravine.

D11 - Arrived at Mystery Lake.

D12 - Set up a base at Carter Hydro.

D13-20 - Spent the remaining warm days living the good life in Mystery Lake and Ravine. Life was good!

D21-48 - As above, just colder. Why rush?

D49 - Headed off to Folorn Muskeg. Did some crafting at the forge. Hung around for a few days.

D52- D76 - Living in Mystery Lake and Ravine.

D77 - Through the dam and Winding River to Pleasant Valley.

D78-89 - Living in Pleasant Valley.

D90 - Off to Timberwolf Mountain.

D100 - Reached the summit. Nearly didn't make it back alive... crawled back into the cabin at the bottom on D103 with 11% condition.

After that, I relocated all my poo poo from Mystery Lake to Mountain Town around D137. Many trips back and forth - it took 8 days of ferrying! Milton Park was my permanent base.

Various adventure trips taken thereafter. This game has 85% of the world explored, including the amazing Hushed River Valley the devs added partway through this game.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I never gave survival in TLD a proper go. When I first bought the game it was pretty sparse, and I got discouraged upon finding out how drops work for important stuff, this was in 2014 I think. I picked it back up a while ago when I heard they added some of the story bit, which was fun, but I didn’t bother trying much of infinite survival.

Do I need to unlock the different perks before going for 100 days survival?
What’s the best way to acquire food? Fishing seemed good, except that factoring the calorie expense to procure wood for the fire made it an iffy proposition iirc. It seemed like the game wanted me to eventually switch to just laying snare traps and waiting on them.
What should my priorities be for the first week or two?

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Chakan posted:

I never gave survival in TLD a proper go. When I first bought the game it was pretty sparse, and I got discouraged upon finding out how drops work for important stuff, this was in 2014 I think. I picked it back up a while ago when I heard they added some of the story bit, which was fun, but I didn’t bother trying much of infinite survival.

Do I need to unlock the different perks before going for 100 days survival?
What’s the best way to acquire food? Fishing seemed good, except that factoring the calorie expense to procure wood for the fire made it an iffy proposition iirc. It seemed like the game wanted me to eventually switch to just laying snare traps and waiting on them.
What should my priorities be for the first week or two?

For an Interloper game, the main issues at the start are...

- Lack of any direct hunting equipment. Everything needs crafting at a forge.
- Scarce matches.
- Starting in clothes only slightly better than underwear, with no frostbite protection for head and hands.
- 20 days to get your poo poo together before the weather turns homicidal.

Highest priorities... Find the Heavy Hammer. Pick up coal + scrap metal as you then hot-foot it to the forge. Make arrow heads, a knife (for crafting) and a hatchet (for wolf chopping).

Harvest maple and birch, and getting it indoors somewhere curing, so you have something to put the arrowheads on, and shoot them with.

When you find matches, the first fire you light directly with a match should be your last! Pull some "torches" OUT of that fire, and then always light a torch with a match, so you can use the torch to light the fire. Keep decent torches handy and you'll never need to use more than one match per fire.

Rejoice when you find a magnifying glass.

Look for the deer carcasses. Free food, no hunting required. Get its skin and guts, and get that indoors with your maple/birch.

Throw stones to stun rabbits, then wring their necks. So satisfying. Rabbitskin gloves and hat.

The "holy grail" kill in Interloper is to see (or engineer) a wolf killing a deer, and then to scare the wolf off its kill by lighting a fire near it. 7-9 kg of meat at the cost of one fire... and you can chain-light fires to get another one right next to the carcass, to keep warm, keep the wolves at bay, and cook as much meat as you want.

Avoid bears, wolves and moose.

If you make it close to 20 days, try to get the flare gun from Ravine. Carry it loaded and equipped as you travel - fire it at attacking wildlife to cheat death.

For Stalker mode, the main issue I remember is that WOLVES ARE EVERYWHERE AND EAT BIG BITS OF YOU.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
frostpunk can easily appear to have a one size fits all prescription simply because the game’s balance is unique insofar as you are only winning when you are anticipating problems. Any time you react to a problem, you are losing. and you can only lose for so long before something important gives way and you just lose.

there’s typically a fistful of ways to solve any one problem, but they all must be implemented ahead of the time they are truly needed.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I've probably played most of the usual suspects but I'm still wondering whether I missed a game or two. I like games where you're not necessarily surviving enemies but elements (think The Long Dark most of the time), you can bootstrap yourself in various ways (Cataclysm) and/or go from scavenging/foraging to more advanced tools and technologies (Rimworld). I want to build a house near a river and build a simple hydro plant on it and live like a hermit, just not in real life :v:

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

lordfrikk posted:

I've probably played most of the usual suspects but I'm still wondering whether I missed a game or two. I like games where you're not necessarily surviving enemies but elements (think The Long Dark most of the time), you can bootstrap yourself in various ways (Cataclysm) and/or go from scavenging/foraging to more advanced tools and technologies (Rimworld). I want to build a house near a river and build a simple hydro plant on it and live like a hermit, just not in real life :v:

I mean, you've played Unreal world right? It's basically that but in the iron age.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

lordfrikk posted:

Yeah, this is why I suggested Frostpunk and Surviving Mars, the freakin' weather will destroy you more than anything else.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

lordfrikk posted:

seconding Unreal World. I even think it's free.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
it has its own thread but pathologic 2 is maybe the most brutal survival game ive played in terms of actively trying to make you lose and its also a really loving good game

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I played Unreal World. It has some of the features I described but not all of them. The building aspect is especially weak. Where is my first-person Minecraft-alike Unreal World modded with some amazing "from punching trees to atomic power plant" mod? :argh:

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

lordfrikk posted:

I played Unreal World. It has some of the features I described but not all of them. The building aspect is especially weak. Where is my first-person Minecraft-alike Unreal World modded with some amazing "from punching trees to atomic power plant" mod? :argh:

The Per Fabrica Ad Astra minecraft modpack is about the closest you're gonna get to this. 1.7.10, TerraFirmaCraft + a lot of other stuff.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I thought the original (or the first few expanded ones) feed the beast experience was pretty good in that way too, at least in the progression and hard survival sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Thank you for the suggestions! Is there any way to unfuck Twitch because I sure would like to play some of the FtB modpacks but the Play button after installing them literally does nothing.