Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Makes me wonder how mr Everett True wipes his arse. He got real t-rex arms on him that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

Makes me wonder how mr Everett True wipes his arse. He got real t-rex arms on him that one.

He wipes his rear end any way he pleases, and he doesn't want you to dude in with your butt ideas!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Not on my sofa he doesn't. <:mad:>

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
this comic has inspired me. next time someone questions my etiquette i'm going to call them a lobster and smash a cream pie into them

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Sulla Faex posted:

this comic has inspired me. next time someone questions my etiquette i'm going to call them a lobster and smash a cream pie into them
he's a perpetually angry fat man that visits violence on everyone around him.

like a fat marmaduke that became human.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

MizPiz posted:

I remember hearing the original definition of "dude" was meant for female ranch hands or something like that, any idea where that could've come from?

What I heard is that the etymology of dude is from the 1700s when the fancy bois were called 'doodles' and the frippery they wore was called 'macaroni'. Doodle eventually shed it's vestigial 'le' and became the sleek and sporty 'dude' that we enjoy today.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

dee eight posted:

What I heard is that the etymology of dude is from the 1700s when the fancy bois were called 'doodles' and the frippery they wore was called 'macaroni'. Doodle eventually shed it's vestigial 'le' and became the sleek and sporty 'dude' that we enjoy today.

And 'macaroni' was immortalized in the children's rhyme Yankee Doodle Went To Town.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dee eight posted:

The Doodle abides.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

dee eight posted:

Hence the song "Yankee Doodle Dandy" which was originally a homophobic jab at colonials.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's actually racist against the Dutch. It's making fun of a guy for trying to look fancy basically.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

dee eight posted:

It's worth pointing out that Benjamin Franklin's writings about the benefits of an independent colony free from foreign powers became the basis of Babylon 5, and JMS formed the character of G'Kar around Ben's love of foreign women.

You selected this because part of you hoped it might actually be true

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

James Woods posted:

Hence the song "Yankee Doodle Dandy" which was originally a homophobic jab at colonials.

Yeah the British military used to sing it to make fun of the scruffy colonials but during the American Revolution the Yankees appropriated it and turned it into a song of defiance and sang it back when the British were being defeated. It's got a weird history.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

aardwolf posted:

It's worth pointing out that Benjamin Franklin's writings about the benefits of an independent colony free from foreign powers became the basis of Babylon 5, and JMS formed the character of G'Kar around Ben's love of foreign women.

You selected this because part of you hoped it might actually be true
what if that premise was infinitely better than any scifi show ever written in history?

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007

Dr. Robotnik playing Jim Carrey

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

James Woods posted:

nah

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

supermegaultra posted:

I'm....I'm okay with this. I mean it's not jim cummings but eh.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

that lobster dude would literally be jordan peterson if he was telling everett to eat meat instead of pie, fancy suit & all

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

From a few pages ago, but I gotta mention this.

This is from a Korean knock-off cartoon called "Space Thunder Kids". This is the only good scene in the cartoon. This thing is so bad it's hilarious. It rips off Transformers, basically every giant robot show from the 70s and 80s, and for some reason, TRON among other things. The whole thing is on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qakbz0_Zwf0

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah the British military used to sing it to make fun of the scruffy colonials but during the American Revolution the Yankees appropriated it and turned it into a song of defiance and sang it back when the British were being defeated. It's got a weird history.

Hey! If it worked for the colonial rebels then maybe we can take back milk from the nazis! It sucks because I like milk...

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

This is excellent

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hey! If it worked for the colonial rebels then maybe we can take back milk from the nazis! It sucks because I like milk...

No, instead you must also concede Yankee Doodle to the Nazis. The connection has been made, there's no way back now.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Bad Wolf posted:

From a few pages ago, but I gotta mention this.

This is from a Korean knock-off cartoon called "Space Thunder Kids". This is the only good scene in the cartoon. This thing is so bad it's hilarious. It rips off Transformers, basically every giant robot show from the 70s and 80s, and for some reason, TRON among other things. The whole thing is on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qakbz0_Zwf0

The bad guys look like they were ripped off from Voltron

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Huh, the Colonists were taking it back.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

supermegaultra posted:

he's the eggman

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So this just happened:

:stare: what the actual gently caress Google?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

the Algorithm is Never Wrong

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

In my experience you tell her you’re marrying someone from a different religion

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

By popular demand posted:

So this just happened:

:stare: what the actual gently caress Google?

Well, what is it?

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

I like how the lady in the background OH MY'ed everything right off her tray

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

jesus WEP posted:

In my experience you tell her you’re marrying someone from a different religion

Must have been a messy break up, sheesh.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Camping trip in Desert Bluffs looking fun

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

another day volunteering at the meat tent museum

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Meat tent mausoleum.

Now that's a username.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Scratch Monkey posted:

another day volunteering at the meat tent museum

I got a question

Phy