Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Infinitum posted:

What meme? It's perfectly legal.

And such a rush!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Well, it all started during WWII. As british bombers returned across the channel, they would dump their batteries just before the cliffs of Dover, to conserve fuel for that last push to the airbase. As the war progressed, well wishers would wait at the cliffs for planes to return home, and upon sighting them would throw their car batteries into the ocean as a sign of camaraderie and brotherhood. News of this spread around the world, and soon many nations of the allies would see citizens throwing their car batteries into the ocean at ports to welcome ships home, or oceanside airfields when planes came and went.

Over the years the practice began to wain, but was resurrected in the mid 90's during the Billion Battery Barrage. Since then many around of the world have taken delight in packing a picnic lunch on a sunny july afternoon and heading to the beach, finishing out their day with a celebratory battery throw into the briny deep. In recent years the conservatives, prompted by Autozone lobbyists, have been trying to curb this practice with claims that it's "un-american" and "devastating to the health of the oceans", but don't let that dissuade you. You are a sovereign-thrower upon the beach, and no law of man can stop you from your god-given right to toss a battery into davy jones locker.

Plus it's perfectly legal.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

taiyoko posted:

:psyduck: What is the source of the "throwing car batteries into the ocean" meme?

It's so people can be edgy without offending anyone. It's safe to parrot.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
It's like "I had to do it to them," in that it emerged fully formed as a meme.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 13:15 on Apr 30, 2019

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

"Wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, sollst du auch gebrauchte Autobatterien in den Abgrund werfen." as Ricardo Stallman said.

hon hon hon

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Actual IRL laugh at Mimir.

Memer

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
:proof:

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Ah, one of those old timey Batteriewerfers

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

JcDent posted:

It's like "I had to do it to them," in that it emerged fully formed as a meme.
I still don't "get" the whole you know I had to do it to 'em meme. But I can't google it because that loving know your meme site is nazi-adjacent.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

that loving know your meme site is nazi-adjacent.

It is? Please elaborate.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I still don't "get" the whole you know I had to do it to 'em meme. But I can't google it because that loving know your meme site is nazi-adjacent.

He had to do it to 'em, you know?

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

i "Get" "it" but i refuse to explain it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
There is exactly one non-nazi meme left, and I am not sharing it for the fear of it being immediately appropriated by nazis.

(It's fiesta cat)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Don’t @ me bro

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Paladinus posted:

There is exactly one non-nazi meme left, and I am not sharing it for the fear of it being immediately appropriated by nazis.

(It's fiesta cat)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

That's Feierhund, it's okay though common mistake

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That's Feierhund, it's okay though common mistake

You beat me by a second. A seconddd

Edit: more like two or three minutes, but still

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Brawnfire posted:

You beat me by a second. A seconddd

Edit: more like two or three minutes, but still

*lacht auf Deutsch*

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

*lacht auf Deutsch*

It's German humor, it's not a laughing matter.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

more glyptodon memes, please

Gokuweed420
Feb 1, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It is not, however, I fear you may be mentally ill and need therapy

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lmao.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Everyone is actually mentally ill, ya know.

Post your favorite mental illness memes nerds

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

conservatives... claims that it's "un-american" and "devastating to the health of the oceans"

:downsrim: Ha! Good one

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

somekindofguy posted:

Everyone is actually mentally ill, ya know.

Post your favorite mental illness memes nerds

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

God drat!!!!!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Fyi it is on every good person's conscience to go onto nazi sites and spread the good word

If you don't the nazis win you know

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm doing my part!

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

lmao

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol
Oh gently caress haha

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Communism is part of a balanced breakfast

Also brimming with helpful advice-

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

LMAO @ The Infinity Chancla

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Well, it all started during WWII. As british bombers returned across the channel, they would dump their batteries just before the cliffs of Dover, to conserve fuel for that last push to the airbase. As the war progressed, well wishers would wait at the cliffs for planes to return home, and upon sighting them would throw their car batteries into the ocean as a sign of camaraderie and brotherhood. News of this spread around the world, and soon many nations of the allies would see citizens throwing their car batteries into the ocean at ports to welcome ships home, or oceanside airfields when planes came and went.

Over the years the practice began to wain, but was resurrected in the mid 90's during the Billion Battery Barrage. Since then many around of the world have taken delight in packing a picnic lunch on a sunny july afternoon and heading to the beach, finishing out their day with a celebratory battery throw into the briny deep. In recent years the conservatives, prompted by Autozone lobbyists, have been trying to curb this practice with claims that it's "un-american" and "devastating to the health of the oceans", but don't let that dissuade you. You are a sovereign-thrower upon the beach, and no law of man can stop you from your god-given right to toss a battery into davy jones locker.

Plus it's perfectly legal.

it's wane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day