Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

in car form

E:

xzzy posted:

Is that a car or a train engine?

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKER

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

is there a CPS for cars, b/c i think that poor miata needs to go into foster care

I bought a pretty lovely Miata for this reason. It's gotten a whole second life.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I knew I'd seen it somewhere before.

The irony of 'no fucks given' when you clearly give all the fucks and want attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TPg0Qwj5vA

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Looks like the box is on a hook lift, which could be cool, but i somehow doubt that's a legal license plate.

How the gently caress does your brain even take you to this place?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Powershift posted:

Looks like the box is on a hook lift, which could be cool, but i somehow doubt that's a legal license plate.

:catstare:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Powershift posted:

What the gently caress even happened here

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

What the gently caress even happened here

Looks like he stripped the lugs, snapped a couple studs, and then cut off the wheel like a dumbass.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Powershift posted:

[wheel removed with cutoff wheel]

"Once I remove the wheel, I can drill out the backside of the studs. Don't worry, I can JBWeld it back together afterwards".

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

IPCRESS posted:

"Once I remove the wheel, I can drill out the backside of the studs. Don't worry, I can JBWeld it back together afterwards".

Sawzall* :eng101:

It looks like they hammered a pry bar in between the wheel and rotor, and cut the stud.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Darchangel posted:

Is that what that is? Ok, that’s much better. It’s hard to tell that it even is connected to the outside exhausts/mufflers.

I'm pretty sure it is. You can see the turns into the mufflers. And some mechanical for the actuators between the dumps. Maybe I'm being optimistic.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Powershift posted:

It looks like they hammered a pry bar in between the wheel and rotor, and cut the stud.

Is that rotor on the wrong side? I can't tell if I'm looking at the front or the rear.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Is that rotor on the wrong side? I can't tell if I'm looking at the front or the rear.

I have frequently been told that the slot direction doesn't matter.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

It's just there to rough up the pads, right? The vanes inside might be directional?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
lol this is basically what ppl who did 5lug conversions told me would sincerely happen to my rotas after engine swapping

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Powershift posted:

How does this much concentrated stupid exist in one location and not implode into a black hole?

BOOTY-ADE posted:

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKER

Nice.

Re: no fucks given/stupid camber-low. I don’t mind mods that somewhat compromise “daily driver” quality for performance - there’s always a compromise - but that poo poo is outright breaking the car for every purpose other than appearance. At least the zero fucks given RX-7 was done to be “cheap V8 in a small sports car”, and not a broken undrivable mess.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rhyno posted:

I have frequently been told that the slot direction doesn't matter.

It does

At the bleeding edge of motorsport.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Powershift posted:

Is this some internet troll thing or is this person just a huge methhead?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
it was a rota, killing it now was clearly safer than waiting for it to implode and kill a school bus full of future nuns

/s

Faster Blaster
Feb 6, 2010

Powershift posted:

It's stuff like this that has me convinced: We will never live among the stars, and it's probably for the best.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Combat Theory posted:

New Bad Dragon "horsepower" line is coming along nicely I see.

What would you do if you got picked up by an Uber with, like, a rubber horse dick for a gear shift? What would you do if your date's car had one?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Faster Blaster posted:

It's stuff like this that has me convinced: We will never live among the stars, and it's probably for the best.

oh no we will but the first colony will be lost when someone vents it because they saw a spider in the room

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

That Works posted:

oh no we will but the first colony will be lost when someone vents it because they saw a spider in the room

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_submarine_U-1206

quote:

On 14 April 1945... while U-1206 was cruising at a depth of 200 feet, 8 nautical miles off Peterhead, Scotland, misuse of the new toilet caused large amounts of water to flood the boat.... The leak flooded the submarine's batteries (located beneath the toilet) causing them to release chlorine gas, leaving him with no alternative but to surface. Once surfaced, U-1206 was discovered and bombed by British patrols, forcing Schlitt to scuttle the submarine.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Blue Footed Booby posted:

What would you do if you got picked up by an Uber with, like, a rubber horse dick for a gear shift? What would you do if your date's car had one?

Propose.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Hahaha

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

You sank my battleshit! MOOOOOMMMM

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Uber: look uncomfortable.
Date: ask if it fit.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Been a while since I been at the junk yard

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

:hmmyes:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

hitze posted:

Better done than most sawzall roadsters. A surprising lack of jagged edges, and an actual attempt to fill and smooth the gaps. Amazing.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I really want to hack the roof off a car :v:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I really want to hack the roof off a car :v:

My dad was looking for a rolled 4Runner for the longest time so he could cut the roof off and use it as an off road beater/lumber truck. I had to point out it may be a bit floppier than he expected with the roof cut off at all the pillars.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Darchangel posted:

Better done than most sawzall roadsters. A surprising lack of jagged edges, and an actual attempt to fill and smooth the gaps. Amazing.

Just where it belongs

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

hitze posted:

This is just a demolition derby car, surely.

Someone tell me this was not on the road. Please.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I don't think demo derbies allow convertibles. They also almost always require at least a roll bar, if not a cage.

I want to sit down with that Geo and listen to it tell me stories. :allears:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That's a Jetta is it not?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The VW badge on the steering wheel, and the headlamp cutout shape, would have me leaning that way.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The dash looks like it has alcantara suede.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

well it COULD be a geo with the steering wheel, console, dash, radio, and HVAC controls out of a mk. IV jetta transplanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

...and the Jetta body? Hell of a swap if so! :v: