Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

If Alita was made into an anime series, which studio would be your #1 dream studio to animate it?

ufotable if they somehow survive taxgate

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

AD Vision :v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
For me my pick would be BONES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nXVBDVUWVU

They did such a nice job with the fight choreography in Soul Eater. It still impresses me now.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
I'll see your ADV, and raise you a Central Park Media

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

DrSunshine posted:

If Alita was made into an anime series, which studio would be your #1 dream studio to animate it?

Studio Khara

or maybe White Fox purely because I want to see the team that made Katanagatari apply that style to a setting that's grungy and industrial instead of mostly natural and clean-looking

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

DrSunshine posted:

For me my pick would be BONES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nXVBDVUWVU

They did such a nice job with the fight choreography in Soul Eater. It still impresses me now.

BONES would be my pick as well. I think they have the best track record with this kind of thing and can probably nail the tone also.

Comedy answer: Toei.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

TenementFunster posted:

I'll see your ADV, and raise you a Central Park Media

Pardon me while I go seek out the amazing clip trailers adv used to put out.

I would like BONES or maybe the studio who did casshern sins?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

What IS Anime??

ANIME IS...

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Manga always had the best trailers

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
hello i'd like to say the vampire arc in last order is insanely good

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
its good but adds little to the overall plot beside some backsstory

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
yeah but considering the following: it's perfect and everything would be worse without it

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Relin posted:

its good but adds little to the overall plot beside some backsstory

It doesn't need to add to the plot to be good.

But also the stories of Caerula and Arthur are super thematically relevant.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I started reading this it’s pretty good.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
last order is so loving good

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
LO is the epitome of a story that reads so much better in a chunk rather than monthly. You can just breeze through the tournament arc without it bogging down for years on you.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I can see this being insanely frustrating to wait for, but being able to just chug through it has been magical

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I'm done with Last Order, it's probably my favorite manga of all time.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Hace posted:

I'm done with Last Order, it's probably my favorite manga of all time.

Cool! That's great to see another Alita fan. :allears: Tell us some of your favorite parts. What do you like most about it?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Not sure if this was posted before but it looks like the Kindle version of volume 1 is free (for prime users probably?), I'm jumping in at the ground floor!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

Not sure if this was posted before but it looks like the Kindle version of volume 1 is free (for prime users probably?), I'm jumping in at the ground floor!

Ohhh. Very good! You're gonna have a treat. Tell us your reactions!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So no new chapter in a few months. Is the author on break, or is nobody translating it?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
he's rolling in that hollywood licensing cash obv. giving those drawing hands a break.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCYJ6HJghj8

Reminder that Alita comes out on digital July 9th. Finally. Got my 4K pre-order on Google Play. :supaburn:

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

After thoroughly absorbing the recent movie release, I just really really really want to see the Last Order visualized in someway.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Perhaps we take the entire series and adapt it into some kind of... animated television series. Unabridged, even!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Hace posted:

hello i'd like to say the vampire arc in last order is insanely good

Not for us who got stuck for years waiting for the continuation of the tournament. Only to reach the final battle of battles and deus ex machina Don Fua magically defeats Zekka, defenestrates Mbadi and basically helps Alita stop the attack on the Onion thing before phasing off to another dimension. All in the span of like 2 chapters.
The whole caerula sanguis flashback didn't have to take so long to pan out. To me, the highlights of LO were Ping, Zazie and Sechs.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The Caerula flashback owns a lot actually.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

So I've been mildly aware of Alita since like ... well, the only point of reference I have is Independence Day merch being on the opposite shelf. I never picked up the manga though (or any manga for a very long time after, really.) I do know I confused it with Ghost in the Shell now and then too.

Finally sat down and watched the movie and it was pretty good. A little stilted in dialogue here and there is all. The amount of uncanny valley on Alita herself I believe to be 100% intentional and really sold her as a turbocute murder machine.

Now I have to go redesign a character I was working on who has short black hair, an 'identifier' of 399nm (light wavelength) making her highlight color purple, and she's an android with giant eyes ... Maybe I have read Alita and forgot and crypomnesia'd all this.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ranzear posted:

So I've been mildly aware of Alita since like ... well, the only point of reference I have is Independence Day merch being on the opposite shelf. I never picked up the manga though (or any manga for a very long time after, really.) I do know I confused it with Ghost in the Shell now and then too.

Finally sat down and watched the movie and it was pretty good. A little stilted in dialogue here and there is all. The amount of uncanny valley on Alita herself I believe to be 100% intentional and really sold her as a turbocute murder machine.

Now I have to go redesign a character I was working on who has short black hair, an 'identifier' of 399nm (light wavelength) making her highlight color purple, and she's an android with giant eyes ... Maybe I have read Alita and forgot and crypomnesia'd all this.

It's ok if your character looks like Alita. No character design is truly "original", and if someone thinks it's an affectionate throwback to Alita, well, it can only be a compliment to Kishiro. :unsmith:

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

It was the purple and '99' that I somehow lined up too. I know I did draw the large eyes from her, because I want a slightly alien aesthetic.

There's a whole set of these androids though, and the story and setting is wildly different. I think it would come across as an affectionate reference, yes.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Ka0 posted:

Not for us who got stuck for years waiting for the continuation of the tournament. Only to reach the final battle of battles and deus ex machina Don Fua magically defeats Zekka, defenestrates Mbadi and basically helps Alita stop the attack on the Onion thing before phasing off to another dimension. All in the span of like 2 chapters.
The whole caerula sanguis flashback didn't have to take so long to pan out. To me, the highlights of LO were Ping, Zazie and Sechs.

it most be my favorite part

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Ka0 posted:

Is it really DEM if the Don Fua was referenced like 20 times leading up to the big battle with Zekka? Just seemed like good old fashioned foreshadowing.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ok now I’m reading mars saga and I think it’s phenomenal.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Pewdiepie posted:

Ok now I’m reading mars saga and I think it’s phenomenal.

It's loving great.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I still need to read Last Order. Is there going to be an Omnibus 6 or what? I want to buy a complete box set. :argh:

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Hace posted:

it most be my favorite part

"Are you going to die?"
"No, I am just going to go to another dimension where I cannot hear or talk to you."

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Ranzear posted:

OK as another who was introduced to this by the movie, what turns out from the OP enormous story, best to just start at the beginning? I assume there are in collected translated volumes? Is it on Crunchyroll (I do not have an account)?

E. I only see Last Order on Mangareader.net, not the original volume

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Comixology has them as well.

https://www.comixology.com/Battle-Angel-Alita-Vol-1/digital-comic/521616?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L21vYmlsZS9zbGlkZXJMaXN0L2l0ZW1TbGlkZXI