Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

DorianGravy posted:

I haven't played the DLC, but Reddit says that there is a new shield bash move which you use by pressing the shield and boost buttons at the same time. See the first reply here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarlinkGame/comments/bj3fa9/star_enemies_feel_broken/ (Starlink isn't great about telling you what you can do. It took me a while to even realize that there was a shield or boost in the first place.)

How is the Star Fox DLC in general? I liked the Star Fox parts of the normal game a lot, but there wasn't enough of them.

Hmmm, I'll give this a try later. There's gotta be something you can do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Someone please start a niece switch game suggestion thread
Downwell is the everyone switch game suggestion GOAT (it seriously would be fine for a kid, there's one button)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Do you think Picross S3 would be a good niece game, or would she get lost in the plot by starting in the middle of the series?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
She might miss some of the deeper lore references but overall it's pretty standalone. Not a fan of the new main character though.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Artix posted:

She might miss some of the deeper lore references but overall it's pretty standalone. Not a fan of the new main character though.

Why not, don't you like puzzles of colour? (This is a joke.)

Seriously though Picross S3 rules, been playing it almost non-stop, it's hard since I want to play Steamworld Quest and FFXII at the same time, and I don't have enough time in the day.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Zore posted:

I did this combo to use every class

Samurai/Knight- Basch
Black Mage/Monk- Ashe
Breaker/Hunter- Vaan
White Mage/Machinist- Penelo
Time Mage/Uhlan- Balthier
Red Mage/Archer- Fran

It worked pretty well. Basically any two classes can excel together, I just wanted no duplicates.

Yeah the nice thing about this is that it spreads the good healing/support spells around a bit so one person isn't casting everything.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Get your niece Rocket League and start her journey into the RLCS :toot::respek::getin:

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Your Computer posted:

which would've been a lot of fun if the system was actually in-depth enough to do anything more complicated than "if character hp < 50%, heal" :sigh: Branching statements, something like if/else or just more fine-tuned clauses in general would've gone a long way to make it feel satisfying to use but instead I only found myself frustrated at it.

I think there's a lot to like in FFXII too which is why I want to give it another try on the Switch, but the battle system was a bummer.

I mean, technically it does have if/else statements, the statement move from top to bottom, so it's all STATEMENT ONE else STATEMENT 2 else etc.

It should also be pointed out that if you do a dab of extra content in FFXII, you can pretty much stroll through the main game, but there's a ton of extra content, hidden dungeons, bonus bosses, and bounty quests that make up the real meat of the game, and that's where the difficulty and strategy comes in.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
Huh it turns out in the switch version of ff12 you can just change jobs later. Neat.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Party Meiser posted:

Huh it turns out in the switch version of ff12 you can just change jobs later. Neat.

Yep. Feel 0 pressure or worry about loving up your shikari forever

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Man, I missed this game; best beginner area "gently caress you" in video gaming:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 06:12 on May 1, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

John Lee posted:

I mean, technically it does have if/else statements, the statement move from top to bottom, so it's all STATEMENT ONE else STATEMENT 2 else etc.

It should also be pointed out that if you do a dab of extra content in FFXII, you can pretty much stroll through the main game, but there's a ton of extra content, hidden dungeons, bonus bosses, and bounty quests that make up the real meat of the game, and that's where the difficulty and strategy comes in.

In those fights you are forced to take control anyway since the system isn't robust enough to handle their gimmicks which kind of defeats the point

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
Wal-Mart had FFXII for $41, same as Amazon and on release day. I took this as a sign to buy it a third time.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Echophonic posted:

The intro videos for the Star Fox crew when you select them in Starlink are worth the price of admission.

So is all of the voice acting, they really captured the feel of everything Starfox well. Shame it seems so short.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

John Lee posted:

This is important to note and is true of like every Final Fantasy since VII. You can easily glide through the main story but the real challenge is in the optional content and some of it is REALLY loving hard.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I'm thinking of starting a new save in Starlink. My first one, I kinda shot any hope of a non-DLC post-game by 100%-ing each planet as I found it before moving on because completionism. So, by the time Primes and Dreadnoughts got introduced, most of the planets were already fully decked out with outposts everywhere, so the Legion couldn't get a foothold anywhere.

In the new file, I'm thinking I'll beeline just the actual mission objectives until both Primes and at least one Dreadnought are in play, only doing other stuff as needed for objectives.

Starlink seems weird like that, in that indulging completionism during the actual story results in less actual gameplay, and that you get the most opportunity for Gameplay by doing as little as possible to get through to the end of the story, and *then* the real opportunity for gameplay gets going, with the Legion really expanding and moving out.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I'm 20 hours into Octopath and so far the best thing has been Olberic the Dancer.

"Peacock STRUT!"

The rest of the game is tolerable. All bosses are non-threatening walls of HP.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
octopath has a couple power spikes so don't rest on your laurels too much. it's not too hard to figure out the game breaking combos, but please experiment with everything on scrub randos because the in-game skill descriptions aren't very good and often have outlier cases that don't fall under their own written rules.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Been away from the switch from a while and I can't believe how much garbage is in the eshop. Why yes I want a game with 69 levels of pissing on electrical wires with my exposed stickman dick.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Been away from the switch from a while and I can't believe how much garbage is in the eshop.

It's insanely bad

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I mean it works for steam :v:

Model Camper
Feb 12, 2008

Just 'cause you got a rocking horse don't mean you can rock.

Been away from the switch from a while and I can't believe how much garbage is in the eshop. Why yes I want a game with 69 levels of pissing on electrical wires with my exposed stickman dick.

I enjoyed it, but I realize it’s not for everyone.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Leal posted:

It's funny how Nintendo goes from one extreme to the other, one minute they don't give a gently caress about third party developers, the next they have opened the floodgates and flooding the store with actual trash quality games that are burying everything around them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That's what happens to popular consoles

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It sucks that it has to be this way, but really, checking out a reputable site to find out what's good on the eShop is likely your best bet. I definitely wouldn't buy anything from having only heard or it or seen it on the eShop itself.

That's why subscribing to this thread is (usually) a good idea. :shobon:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Leal posted:

It's nowhere as bad as steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1050700/Breaking_Bunny/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1068520/Muppy_The_Bunny__The_Danger_of_Wishes/

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Steam is on another plane of trash existance, there's no comparison.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

SelenicMartian posted:

I'm 20 hours into Octopath and so far the best thing has been Olberic the Dancer.

"Peacock STRUT!"

The rest of the game is tolerable. All bosses are non-threatening walls of HP.

Just wait until endgame. Even with the extra unlockable jobs a few of those fights were insane.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

pls do NOT disparage the deep rich watery lore of Safety First

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeLIBBarq8Y

New Japanese Mario Maker 2 trailer.

This is huge if it isn't just edited this way, it confirms more than one sub area, placing the flag in whichever sub area you want, and changing game styles mid level.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeLIBBarq8Y

New Japanese Mario Maker 2 trailer.

This is huge if it isn't just edited this way, it confirms more than one sub area, placing the flag in whichever sub area you want, and changing game styles mid level.

It's edited. The timer and coin counter change between styles.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
That Yiga clan hideout in Zelda is infuriating.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Put ECHO on the switch imo

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have been having serious wifi issues with my Switch lately, and I'm not sure what my best course of action is, so I turn, as I always do, to strangers on the internet.

Heres whats going on:

Maybe a month ago, I started having connectivity issues with my switch. I would get the red X connectivity warning in Fortnite, I would get dropped from online mario kart races, dawn of survivors, anything online basically. Whats happening is the connectivity drops in and out. Every online game I play works fine for a bit, then connectivity drops (this presents itself as karts and players freezing and then catching up to where they should be at lightning speed) then it works again, then drops, over and over. Downloads tend to work OK, as they can take the connectivity fluctuations better

I thought maybe it was my access point (Apple Airport extreme base station), so I swapped that for a Cisco AP, same problem, so its not the AP. I tried moving the AP from the basement to the main floor, same problem. I tried moving the AP from the living room to my bedroom, 10 feet from where I play, same problem. None of my other devices have wifi issues. None of my wired devices have internet issues

So its clearly the Switch having a problem.

The issue is I bought the switch in Jun of 2017, so its out of warranty. Anyone have experience with what Nintendo will do with this (if anything)? Online play is a big part of what I do on the Switch, so this is not ideal.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Man, I missed this game; best beginner area "gently caress you" in video gaming:

Game good

Knorth posted:

Put ECCO on the switch imo

Fixed.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If your first impulse on seeing a loving t-rex stomping around is to try and stab it with your level 1 knife, you deserve what you get.

Your first impulse should be to observe it from afar as the glorious masterpiece of God's creation that it is

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

hadji murad posted:

That Yiga clan hideout in Zelda is infuriating.

I got 1 hit killed by one of those fuckers once and then just decided to kill everything with ancient arrows because gently caress stealth

Also I bought FFVII for the 4th time and it's still good, maybe I'll try and play FFIX after

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Maybe not, but I didn't expect to see a game called Pantie Party on a Nintendo console that has to specifically call out in the description that NOTE: THIS DOES NOT CONTAIN HENTAI

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Maybe not, but I didn't expect to see a game called Pantie Party on a Nintendo console that has to specifically call out in the description that NOTE: THIS DOES NOT CONTAIN HENTAI

You know they only include that disclaimer so that it does show up when someone searches the eShop for "hentai"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's insanely bad

I was looking for some cheapo titles to download and saw pretty quickly not to waste my time lol