Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
cad ended on the perfect note for a webcomic. fully integrated simultaneous creator and narrative meltdown. it was incredible to behold and if anything i ever make ever ends up being repurposed into something like the strangle video i will die in that moment, a happy man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Except cad kept going and is more generic than ever

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Peony in Never Satisfied is a sweet little cinnamon roll.

Also I feel like the closer Lucy gets to Su-yeong's situation, the closer we get to cracking open their whole secret backstory deal, which I'm looking forward to after all the theory-slinging earlier in the thread.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Tenebrais posted:

Also I feel like the closer Lucy gets to Su-yeong's situation, the closer we get to cracking open their whole secret backstory deal, which I'm looking forward to after all the theory-slinging earlier in the thread.

Can't wait for them to become the most irritable (literal) power couple.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Looks like she's gonna start the apocalypse by trying to stop it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
great way to throw your social link into reverse

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tenebrais posted:

when youre in a hurry but you gotta be careful not to fall down the stairs

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Tenebrais posted:

Also like 1000% they are going to drain the Evil Overwhelming Magicks from dude's girlfriend using their newfound awful power and it's going to become A Thing™ right

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that sounds like a neat trick in a pinch but i highly doubt it could have more than a temporary effect on either

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Tollymain posted:

that sounds like a neat trick in a pinch but i highly doubt it could have more than a temporary effect on either

Sure, but it's a really useful temporary effect and if there's no reason they can't just keep doing it, you have a pretty stable long-term solution to the problem. Until something goes horribly wrong, which, this being Never Satisfied, I'm sure it never will.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Remember how gems actually conduct away magic from Husks instead of empowering them like mages? Lucy is going to try to drain Susu's magic and end up super-powering her into final Husk mode. :getin:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Today’s QC is real good because it drops Correct and True Facts regarding IPAs.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
But, but, but, maybe you haven't found the right type of IPA?!?! There's so many possibilities! Like :words: :words: :words: (for half a loving hour)

NB: I love IPAs, but IPA stans are some of the worst stans out there, the beer equivalent to James Harden or Quentin Tarentino stans.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it's a bold stance, for 2006, but bullshit. IPAs are much closer to eating a hop's rear end that hasn't been washed in a month cause that's all you actually need to stay clean, man

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 30, 2019

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Ask me about living in the craft IPA capitol of the USA (San Diego) and apparently being the one guy that doesn't like hoppy beer!

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

habeasdorkus posted:

But, but, but, maybe you haven't found the right type of IPA?!?! There's so many possibilities! Like :words: :words: :words: (for half a loving hour)

NB: I love IPAs, but IPA stans are some of the worst stans out there, the beer equivalent to James Harden or Quentin Tarentino stans.
IPAs are pumpkin spice lattes for white dudes, and I see no reason to drink a beer more bitter than I am.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Today’s QC is real good because it drops Correct and True Facts regarding IPAs.
Came here to post this, pleasantly surprised that I don't have to.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

darthbob88 posted:

and I see no reason to drink a beer more bitter than I am.
I'm stealing this to use from now on when people ask me if I want an IPA.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
QC is the mosaic hops IPA of webcomics. Discuss.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Nuns with Guns posted:

QC is the mosaic hops IPA of webcomics. Discuss.

Nah, it doesn't have a strong enough flavor to be an IPA. Nobody can really have a strong opinion on QC most of the time, while everyone has some kind of strong IPA opinion.

QC is whatever Goose Island brews that's most standard: perfectly fine, reliably available, has a larger-scale operation than you'd expect for a craft, and only occasionally looks like it has a personality. I still read it but only because it's available and I don't able anything else to do at the moment.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Girl Genius is doing a really good job at making the restored Doctor Vapnoople look both really weird and also quite intimidating.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

darthbob88 posted:

IPAs are pumpkin spice lattes for white dudes, and I see no reason to drink a beer more bitter than I am.

I know this isn't directly relevant, but...

... are pumpkin spice lattes not pumpkin spice lattes for white dudes?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
QC taking a strong stance on IPAs and mansplaining in 2019. Jeff, if you're reading this, thank you.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I know this isn't directly relevant, but...

... are pumpkin spice lattes not pumpkin spice lattes for white dudes?

I believe PSLs are commonly referred to as the beverage of choice for white women. I don't know if this measure of basic-ness crosses the gender divide.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

im gonna loving kill all of you with powerful karate fists and feet

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Typical Pubbie posted:

QC taking a strong stance on IPAs and mansplaining in 2019. Jeff, if you're reading this, thank you.

This is definitely the correct take, for the record.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Joe Slowboat posted:

Nah, it doesn't have a strong enough flavor to be an IPA. Nobody can really have a strong opinion on QC most of the time, while everyone has some kind of strong IPA opinion.

QC is whatever Goose Island brews that's most standard: perfectly fine, reliably available, has a larger-scale operation than you'd expect for a craft, and only occasionally looks like it has a personality. I still read it but only because it's available and I don't able anything else to do at the moment.
I present this thread as evidence that people have way stronger negative opinions about Questionable Content than is warranted by anything it has ever done or not done.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

TwoPair posted:

I believe PSLs are commonly referred to as the beverage of choice for white women. I don't know if this measure of basic-ness crosses the gender divide.
Not to my knowledge, the "OMG Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back I love fall" sentiment is strictly associated with white women. Bacon might cross the gender divide as a signal of basic-ness, but I think that's also gendered as a male obsession.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Mors Rattus posted:

I present this thread as evidence that people have way stronger negative opinions about Questionable Content than is warranted by anything it has ever done or not done.

Yeah, I feel like some people just fundamentally don't get what "slice of life" is and get confused about why it's been fifteen years and nobody has died or become President yet.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

Girl Genius is doing a really good job at making the restored Doctor Vapnoople look both really weird and also quite intimidating.

Albia's not going to like this. Her best scholars wiped out and one of her greatest enemies brought back.

On the bright side, if Vapnoodle doesn't bite it, he'll probably have some useful input on the Mechanicsburg problem.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

Nobody has strong negative opinions about questionable content, they have strong negative opinions about other people posting about questionable content.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
my rear end in a top hat does not speak for me, nor i for my rear end in a top hat. we are independent states

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Rand Brittain posted:

Girl Genius is doing a really good job at making the restored Doctor Vapnoople look both really badly drawn and also really really badly drawn

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nankeen posted:

my rear end in a top hat does not speak for me, nor i for my rear end in a top hat. we are independent states

which account does your rear end in a top hat post with

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Me, generating the next QC joke from my twitter feed: If you have a [manbun] then you are a [racist manbun] who drinks [IPA-flavored] + [ LaCroix]

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 1, 2019

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rand Brittain posted:

Yeah, I feel like some people just fundamentally don't get what "slice of life" is and get confused about why it's been fifteen years and nobody has died or become President yet.

I don't think that's fair. The comic, while ostensibly a slice of life, started with a "will they won't they" romance at its core, or if not its core, than as a very strong element in the comic. But the answer has now been clear for years, they won't. Most slice of life shows/comics/anime/etc have a "central cast", so to speak, where a main character (or characters) interact with a host of other supporting characters that may come and go, but QC has none. It started with one, yes, but has expanded (I would posit too far) to be about dozens upon dozens of characters. Months' worth of comics will have passed with a few characters only to shift to a different set. It's not like how on a sitcom you'll have groups of characters break off for an A-plot and a B-plot, it's more like if a show followed two characters making quips for months (ex. weird bakery love triangle story?) until suddenly we shift to a different set for months (ex. wacky robot antics) and the plots have nothing to do with each other, the characters never meet, etc. I mean, I made a joke on the last page about the coffee shop being character limbo, and that's not fair... because characters disappear all over the place, but they never leave. I think there's been one character (Angus) who packed up and left town and was never seen again in the whole comic (I don't count Hannelore because she still shows up from time to time even if it's not in the same setting), and that's cool because that happens in real life, growing up and older means friends move and sometimes grow apart into different friend groups, but no one in QC ever really has organic growth like that or even a bad explicitly stated reason to justify them entering the Negazone/coffeeshop, it's just that Jeph gets bored of them and makes a new batch of characters with a new bunch of quirks to focus on.

tl;dr: it's a slice of life that is different from every other slice of life, and I don't mean that in a good way.

Alternately people could just be amazed because most slice of life webcomics die off or end after oh so long and people are just amazed/curious as to how this one just keeps going. I can't think of another such comic outside of gag-a-days like Penny Arcade.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

TwoPair posted:

I don't think that's fair. The comic, while ostensibly a slice of life, started with a "will they won't they" romance at its core, or if not its core, than as a very strong element in the comic. But the answer has now been clear for years, they won't. Most slice of life shows/comics/anime/etc have a "central cast", so to speak, where a main character (or characters) interact with a host of other supporting characters that may come and go, but QC has none. It started with one, yes, but has expanded (I would posit too far) to be about dozens upon dozens of characters. Months' worth of comics will have passed with a few characters only to shift to a different set. It's not like how on a sitcom you'll have groups of characters break off for an A-plot and a B-plot, it's more like if a show followed two characters making quips for months (ex. weird bakery love triangle story?) until suddenly we shift to a different set for months (ex. wacky robot antics) and the plots have nothing to do with each other, the characters never meet, etc. I mean, I made a joke on the last page about the coffee shop being character limbo, and that's not fair... because characters disappear all over the place, but they never leave. I think there's been one character (Angus) who packed up and left town and was never seen again in the whole comic (I don't count Hannelore because she still shows up from time to time even if it's not in the same setting), and that's cool because that happens in real life, growing up and older means friends move and sometimes grow apart into different friend groups, but no one in QC ever really has organic growth like that or even a bad explicitly stated reason to justify them entering the Negazone/coffeeshop, it's just that Jeph gets bored of them and makes a new batch of characters with a new bunch of quirks to focus on.

tl;dr: it's a slice of life that is different from every other slice of life, and I don't mean that in a good way.

Alternately people could just be amazed because most slice of life webcomics die off or end after oh so long and people are just amazed/curious as to how this one just keeps going. I can't think of another such comic outside of gag-a-days like Penny Arcade.

thats knot the asnwer

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
youre probably right

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Tollymain posted:

which account does your rear end in a top hat post with
this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

TwoPair posted:

The comic, while ostensibly a slice of life, started with a "will they won't they" romance at its core, or if not its core, than as a very strong element in the comic. But the answer has now been clear for years, they won't.
they loving will. you stupid individual