Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFJqOlYaJbs

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Nuevo posted:

it's wane

Hi wane!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://i.imgur.com/qkyPnwi.mp4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Don't kinkshame James Marsden ITT

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
perse

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Still holding out hope that Fallen Empire will awaken and we'll see some real poo poo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

He scream at own fast?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Now I need the "every day, every loving day.... face" dog

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
People are only making GBS threads on the Sonic movie because it isn't trying to be some "mature", self-serious "epic" that lets people pretend an overproduced kids' movie is intellectually and emotionally enriching

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MizPiz posted:

People are only making GBS threads on the Sonic movie because it isn't trying to be some "mature", self-serious "epic" that lets people pretend an overproduced kids' movie is intellectually and emotionally enriching

No it's because Sonic is so off model it's insane. If he was shaped more like the hasty photoshop on the right, no one would do more than roll their eyes

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

I hope sonic kisses people again just to really maximise the creepy factor

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

cohsae posted:

I hope sonic kisses people again just to really maximise the creepy factor

What do you think that would smell like?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

MizPiz posted:

Hot take, but we shouldn't make kids movies poo poo just because they don't know any better. If anything they deserve better movies than adults, they're the future!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
That Sonic is repellent and there's a big poster of his gross legs in the theater I usually go to and it's probably going to be there for the next six months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKHK55eALtM

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Bloop posted:

No it's because Sonic is so off model it's insane. If he was shaped more like the hasty photoshop on the right, no one would do more than roll their eyes

Oh, okay now the movie makes sense. It's a Sonicman movie, not a Sonic movie.

Man, everything about it is suddenly way weirder now.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Zelder posted:

Hot take, but we shouldn't make kids movies poo poo just because they don't know any better. If anything they deserve better movies than adults, they're the future!

Interesting that you think that just because a movie is going for a more fun and light hearted approach it's worse than +2.5 hour slogs filled with nothing but frowning assholes taking turns being the one who just wants to do their own thing, being the one who wants to do the hero poo poo, and being the comic relief.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The weirdest thing is that movie Sonic has two separate eyes.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

MizPiz posted:

what the gently caress kinda circles you run in that you'd think a large enough portion of people care about that

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

MizPiz posted:

Interesting that you think that just because a movie is going for a more fun and light hearted approach it's worse than +2.5 hour slogs filled with nothing but frowning assholes taking turns being the one who just wants to do their own thing, being the one who wants to do the hero poo poo, and being the comic relief.

I agree with you in principle, but zero things about that trailer were actually fun and funny. It came off as a cheap franchise vehicle no one put any heart into. There's a tired 'save the world' plot with some stale Jim Carrey improv to try to do the heavy lifting.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

what the gently caress kinda circles you run in that you'd think a large enough portion of people care about that

It comes from the fact that "mature", self-serious "epics" that let people pretend overproduced kids' movies are intellectually and emotionally enriching are the most critically and financially successful movies being released today

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*holding up copy of Baby's Day Out*

You only criticize this film because you love dark epics.

Well sorry, pal. This film is above your base and brutish "adult" tastes, and as such you will never understand its powerful place in the pantheon of film artistry.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

MizPiz posted:

It comes from the fact that "mature", self-serious "epics" that let people pretend overproduced kids' movies are intellectually and emotionally enriching are the most critically and financially successful movies being released today

Doesn't look fun or light hearted. Fun and light hearted would be the old adventures of sonic the hedgehog cartoon, this just looks kinda weird and I can't get over how off sonic looks like.

Jim Carey looks like he's having a blast so that looks good but everything else looks like a movie meant to appeal to no one.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Don Gato posted:

Doesn't look fun or light hearted. Fun and light hearted would be the old adventures of sonic the hedgehog cartoon, this just looks kinda weird and I can't get over how off sonic looks like.

Jim Carey looks like he's having a blast so that looks good but everything else looks like a movie meant to appeal to no one.
Dr Robotnik Says You're Basic.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

MizPiz posted:

lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Bloop posted:

you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Isn't Jim Carrey like full on "would be institutionalized if he were not rich" crazy now?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Now I love the Sanic movie.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Scaramouche posted:

Isn't Jim Carrey like full on "would be institutionalized if he were not rich" crazy now?

It's a manic thing.

He still can act in movies and carry himself normally in public, but then swing really hard in the other direction and fingerpaint elder gods eating his enemies as he screams obscenities out the window.

All while trying desperately to bring back polio.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

He still can act in movies

The gently caress since when? :smugmrgw:

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
is detective pikachu a "mature", self-serious "epic", because it's about a pikachu who is a detective voiced by ryan reynolds and based on trailers it takes a fat poo poo on sonic the hedgehog

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Jerry Cotton posted:

The gently caress since when? :smugmrgw:

LOL

I guess I mean in the sense that he shows up when scheduled and doesn't do Wesley Snipes poo poo.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I still don't "get" the whole you know I had to do it to 'em meme. But I can't google it because that loving know your meme site is nazi-adjacent.

I have not heard of this so I'm not going to comment on it specifically.

However, just saying, if you visit an ethically-questionable website while using ad-block they're basically giving you bandwidth at a loss, so maybe you should visit them?

For websites you like, you're just showing that you don't support capitalism, which is cool and good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

pseudorandom posted:

I have not heard of this so I'm not going to comment on it specifically.

However, just saying, if you visit an ethically-questionable website while using ad-block they're basically giving you bandwidth at a loss, so maybe you should visit them?

For websites you like, you're just showing that you don't support capitalism, which is cool and good.
More unique visitors can be used to increase the value of the site to advertisers or buyers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

:sbahj: