Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mirage posted:

If zombi(e)s went back to the original concept of drugged people robbed of their will and stalking people in misty bayous, that would at least be different. Not a mindless horde of slow cannibalistic weaklings, but silent, single-minded, implacable killers who need no sleep and feel no pain.

can it have a kickin soundtrack featuring motorhead and also star adam west (rip)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Fruity20 posted:

oddly...I like skeletons....I don't know why i like them.
The cheerful grins? The distinct musical style? Being explicitly magical beings that have stripped away the rotting flesh of tactical realism?
There's a lot to like about skeletons!

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Skeletons are the undead that are always having a good time, being a skeleton is like being on vacation. They've got no worries, nothing but free time, and they're all in great shape.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Has any film since Jason and the Argonauts really had notable skeleton badguys? I can't think of any off the top of my head. He-man film definitely does not count.

I guess it's hard to dress skeletons up in any sort of 'oh it's a mutated form of rabies' pseudo-scientific realism like Fish Noise said, they just are, and that doesn't go down well with producers.

The coolest setting I've ever come across is Iron Edda, an rpg where you play as vikings who pilot skelemecha made from the bones of giants to fight rampaging dwarves. I would pay to see a film of that.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lofi posted:

Has any film since Jason and the Argonauts really had notable skeleton badguys? I can't think of any off the top of my head. He-man film definitely does not count.

truly shameful, leaving out the documentary named "army of darkness"

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

Jack B Nimble posted:

Skeletons are the undead that are always having a good time, being a skeleton is like being on vacation. They've got no worries, nothing but free time, and they're all in great shape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9pQUKV9MuM

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shade apocalypse

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i actually have a project ive gnawed at forever where the thing that died and came back wrong is uh, the sun,

theres more normal undead running about but theyre really more opportunists in comparison

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also the more usual undead are born that way and its basically a degenerative disability that will kill you by your forties if you dont take the obvious (and heinous) ticket out

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

So what does an undead sun do? It's a cool pitch, but where would it go?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lofi posted:

So what does an undead sun do? It's a cool pitch, but where would it go?

this raises some questions for me as well. for example, is the moon in majoras mask a zombie

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvvsw21PgIk&t=14s

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Tollymain posted:

also the more usual undead are born that way and its basically a degenerative disability that will kill you by your forties if you dont take the obvious (and heinous) ticket out
that is a really cool concept

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

The film "life after beth" had a cute take on zombies - it's from the pov of a teen guy trying to cope when his girlfriend dies, then comes back to life and slowly goes more wrong, her parents in denial that their miracle daughter is kind of undead.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
undead sun will freeze you to death by slurping your soul out unless youre born w a hosed up soul or none at all (the undead are the former, the latter applies to most nonhuman things and a v tiny, v unfortunate human demographic)

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 28, 2019

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Been playing Sunless Skies? I ask 'cause suns dying or being killed and having weird effects on people with their light is a running theme in it, one which I really wondered no-one had explored further before. Unless you count "hurrrr durrrrr Superman is powered by yellow sun and unpowered by red sun", which I don't. Celestial bodies with motives! It's a fantastic prompt.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

If you like roleplaying games, Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine has a major plot thread that amounts to "the Sun was also a person, and she was murdered by her lover; the only reason anyone is still alive is that their child survived and is now the Sun in their mother's stead, in addition to being a teenager with a lot of personal issues to work through."

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
passing familiar w both but never dug in

this is more body horror than either of those settings tho

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 30, 2019

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, the emphasis in Chuubo's is much more on the cultural/psychological ramifications of "the Sun just got straight-up murdered a few years ago, and everyone saw it because the whole thing played out all over the sky, so that's great," as well as the metaphysical implications that this may have changed the nature of death, but not in a zombie-type way. I suspect the Fallen London/Sunless *s lore on sun-death is closer to your idea.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
since god hates me, i by mistake got most of my papers wet in my laptop bag and now i gotta get all these papers dry until the end of the school day

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

hairdryer

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

lofi posted:

hairdryer

i think they're dry now. the only things not super dry are my packets...

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Does anyone have advice for getting out of a creative slump? I'm in one right now -- still writing a bit, but poorly -- and trying to shake the "magic's gone, you will never write well again, you're in the back half of Flowers for Algernon" feeling.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Try to do something fun - gently caress it being good, worry about that some other time. Just write something goofy and dumb and fun. Someone a while back worded it as 'do something your 13 year-old self would think was the best thing ever'. Maybe try and write the worst thing you can, that sort of thing. Silly games to get you past the ditch.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I second what lofi says about this - one thing that I've done before is have a document just for writing whatever I felt like with the promise that I wouldn't be judgemental to myself about it.
I've also had some difficulty recently actually writing consistently, so I'm thinking about going to the public library to write instead of doing it at home where distractions come somewhat easily. Has anyone else done this and found it helpful?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Reminder https://www.patreon.com/new-creator-plans

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
worst body parts
hands
ears
lips
hands
feet
nose
teeth
joints
taint
fingers (not to be confused with hands)

best body parts
hair
rear end

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is an enormous slur on teeth

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tollymain posted:

this is an enormous slur on teeth

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
those arent real teeth, thats a loving fleshlight

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Excuse me, ears are the single best thing anyone can draw, as outlined here on page 57 of my thesis on drawing sunlight shining through a cat's ears (vol.3)

Correct on butt though.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Oh yeah and if you think that all you're creating is trash, it's likely you're at a stage in your creative art where you're getting ready to power up to the next level and it seems like you're getting worse 'cause your ability to see error has improved. Plz see attached graph that made me feel good about my arts:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I love that graph so much

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
imagine one line lying flat on the bottom while the other floats up and away

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

i'm in a ipad phase and I wanna buy one for art....any recommendations?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Fruity20 posted:

i'm in a ipad phase and I wanna buy one for art....any recommendations?

Buy a 2018 Pro. The new models are ridiculously pricy.

If you’re on a budget, the new standard iPad supports Pencil now.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
fart

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747