Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

BlackPersona posted:

...You think Coyote’s tooth is sharp enough to cut Loup in half back to Ysengrin and Coyote? Maybe it was a contingency plan and that’s why he made extra sure that no one in the Forest knew about it when Annie stayed that one time.
But what if they angle it wrong and end up with Ysenote and Coygrin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

Elysiume posted:

But what if they angle it wrong and end up with Ysenote and Coygrin?

Solve et Coagula.

e: it would be deeply unfair to subject yet another being to Ysengrin's self-loathing.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Oh I just realized that Ysengrin didn't know about the tooth. I forgot that Coyote explicitly threatened her not to tell anyone in the forest. For some reason I thought she'd told Ysengrin later.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Glagha posted:

I forgot that Coyote explicitly threatened her not to tell anyone in the forest.

I bet this will be his undoing. It'd be fun and ironic that an omnipotent being is screwed because he made a very not-omnipotent threat.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

CJacobs posted:

I bet this will be his undoing. It'd be fun and ironic that an omnipotent being is screwed because he made a very not-omnipotent threat.

The only person who can outsmart Coyote, after all, is Coyote.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The first death of a living robot is going to be a huge moment.

That already happened

CJacobs posted:

Coyote said not to tell anyone, "even Ysengrin" and i think the whole purpose of the threat was explicitly to be Loup's undoing.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

A big flaming stink posted:

That already happened

Meh. I'm talking about the first time something with a meat brain that used to have a processor brain gets taken into the ether.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Glagha posted:

Oh I just realized that Ysengrin didn't know about the tooth. I forgot that Coyote explicitly threatened her not to tell anyone in the forest. For some reason I thought she'd told Ysengrin later.

Ysengrin knew about her binding, but not what Coyote put it on her for.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Come to think of it, thee whole goose story was about how Coyote forgot he was Coyote. The bone and water are definitely memory or identity related in that case.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
You imply Coyote knew this was going to happen ahead of time?

That would mean that time became a Loup!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

I'd forgotten that Boris Johnson starred in Rocky Horror.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Kesper North posted:

:rimshot:

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

Kesper North posted:

That's not how Loup is pronounced, you IMBECILE.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kesper North posted:

...a toilet?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Splicer posted:

...a toilet?

As a filthy, uncultured American, I can't say one way or the other. I can however appreciate the work both pronunciations do :shittydog:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Meh. I'm talking about the first time something with a meat brain that used to have a processor brain gets taken into the ether.

Didn't that happen with a ship?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

J.A.B.C. posted:

Didn't that happen with a ship?

They recovered the cpu after Kat shocked him and went all robot angel, so probably not.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
*Visible confusion*

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Um, can it manufacture all of its own components? Is this thing going to become Vonn Neumann?

It's the Seed Bismuth.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I expect pretty soon she'll wrap whatever physical components it needs out of reality into an etheric space, too.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

MikeJF posted:

I expect pretty soon she'll wrap whatever physical components it needs out of reality into an etheric space, too.

If it's not there already.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So Coyote is a god, the Court is apparently trying to research humanity into godhood, and Kat is building a god without realising it in her spare time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Honestly it seems like going to school was just holding Kat back.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Well she already going to have been a diety, because loving with causality fucks with tenses.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
That's one smug Kat.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hremsfeld posted:

Well she already going to have been a diety, because loving with causality fucks with tenses.

Being a god as well.

KAT IS

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Oh yeah, the computer just casually transports and stores things in etheric space. It also apparently has realtime manufacturing capabilities with questionable material sourcing.

gently caress physics. Where are the dudes who busted in when she casually created antigravity to grow protein chains in zero-g? Because I'd be flipping my poo poo if one of my student's just lowkey built a Star Trek replicator.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Kat, congratulations on becoming a wizard with magical abilities.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Warmachine posted:

Oh yeah, the computer just casually transports and stores things in etheric space.

I wonder if that's wise from a security perspective, if you need it to defend against etheric creatures like Coyote.

After all,

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
"So children, how have you been doing during these tough times?"

"I became the Machine God."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Warmachine posted:

Oh yeah, the computer just casually transports and stores things in etheric space. It also apparently has realtime manufacturing capabilities with questionable material sourcing.

gently caress physics. Where are the dudes who busted in when she casually created antigravity to grow protein chains in zero-g? Because I'd be flipping my poo poo if one of my student's just lowkey built a Star Trek replicator.

The thing is, the transporter element is part of Donny's machine and nothing new, and the manufacturing stuff is probably an expansion/improvement on stuff the Court or Robots already have. A lot of this is improvements on what already existed and putting it together, so people may well not have realised just how much capability she's created here.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Donny is the one who we’ve seen use it the most dramatically, but it’s actually Anja’s machine.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

Samuringa posted:

"So children, how have you been doing during these tough times?"

"I became the Machine God."

Katja Donlan: daughter, student, girlfriend, best friend, Omnissiah.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTWx1hUjS4c

Tom has started doing these again!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
OCP pioneered cyborg technology, and now we take a quantum leap forward. State of the art destructive capabilities, commanded by a unique combination of software and organic systems. In every way, an improvement over the original. It gives me great pleasure to introduce to you: Robocop 2.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ive got a not great feeling about this.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I've read that "okay let's do this" in the voice of Bain from Payday 2 cause I feel like that game used that phrase a lot.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Nothing has ever gone wrong with putting an AI in a flesh body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
As an AI in a flesh body I disagree