Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
RIP Sarah Lynn :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Aramek posted:

We are! It's just not actual socialization, and the use of it to supplant community/internal sense of belonging leads to a lot of people being colossal fuckups.

Late-stage capitalism ~or~ human nature, if you prefer, leads to people being colossal fuckups. They'd've been fuckups no matter which tools they use to find out how hosed up their world is.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Rectal Death Adept posted:

People in 2019 still use old 2000 era flip phones so they can set themselves up for a smug lecture on "Real Human Contact" and how they are above a phone ruling their lives every time anyone asks them why they are using a 20 year old phone.

Those people are similar to the people who have to thoughtfully swill their glasses of wine before lecturing everyone on how stupid and pointless a comic book movie is, when they care the most about it since they are crafting an identity around hating it and make it a point to tell everyone how little they care.

People like that have always existed but it's a more recent problem due to the invention of the internet and media properties becoming worldwide sensations, so you can condescend and be smugly superior to more people, more often than ever before.

What if I use a current phone but think the Avengers movies are boring?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

doverhog posted:

Bojack has more real drama and emotional depth than like 90% of live action shows.

I think it does a really good balancing the “you’re a product of your upbringing and inherit the trauma of your parents” and “your personal suffering doesn’t give you a license to be an rear end in a top hat to everyone around you at and some point you need to take ownership of the things you do” sides of the scale.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

What if I use a current phone but think the Avengers movies are boring?
Do you make sure everyone around you knows how superior you are because you find them boring?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Faustian Bargain posted:

Do you make sure everyone around you knows how superior you are because you find them boring?
The trick is to stay just below the legal driving limit of blood alcohol content, so they never find out how boring you find them.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Faustian Bargain posted:

Well, I mean, I buy some ad time on some of the lower-rated cable networks, but I don't really go overboard with it.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Rectal Death Adept posted:

People in 2019 still use old 2000 era flip phones so they can set themselves up for a smug lecture on "Real Human Contact" and how they are above a phone ruling their lives every time anyone asks them why they are using a 20 year old phone.

Those people are similar to the people who have to thoughtfully swill their glasses of wine before lecturing everyone on how stupid and pointless a comic book movie is, when they care the most about it since they are crafting an identity around hating it and make it a point to tell everyone how little they care.

People like that have always existed but it's a more recent problem due to the invention of the internet and media properties becoming worldwide sensations, so you can condescend and be smugly superior to more people, more often than ever before.

On the other hand, smartphones and superhero movies are terrible and wine rules.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
hey guys its SmugGuy85 here to tell you that we live...in a society

my opinion is: the we live in a society meme is really, really funny and can be used against everyone.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
You know what I like? Guy Fieri. I am always surprised when someone genuinely doesn’t like him. Dude is living his best life.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You know what I like? Guy Fieri. I am always surprised when someone genuinely doesn’t like him. Dude is living his best life.

I feel a little bad for him, he's been off and on having to shovel garbage in to his mouth three times a day, repeating "RIGHT HERE" like a broken record. man just wants to make his patented Jackass sushi roll.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I'm sure shoveling all of that garbage food into his mouth is just torture for him.

Little Acorns
Apr 5, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Michael Jackson is innocent. I think he was a hero and a person that did a lot of good in the world.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Little Acorns posted:

Michael Jackson is innocent.

so many claims over so many years yet every investigation came up with nothing, even the director of that documentary admitted that one of the victim's claims was completely false, making the whole thing seem sketchier and sketchier. Then you have guys like R Kelly pissing on little girls every day and having mountains of evidence poured upon him to the point where the second Boondocks episode, which is about R Kelly going on trial for pissing on little girls, remains evergreen.

Little Acorns
Apr 5, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I bet he is still giving love from above regardless of the hate against him right now.. cuz that's how he was. he never stopped caring.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Giving love regardless is what got us into this whole mess!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

spit on my clit posted:

so many claims over so many years yet every investigation came up with nothing, even the director of that documentary admitted that one of the victim's claims was completely false, making the whole thing seem sketchier and sketchier.

Wait, what?

Little Acorns
Apr 5, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Oh she's definitely right. Dude did you know the FBI did like years long investigations on him and came up with nothing? They released like a 200 page file on him. They had nothing on him. Plus the dude has kids. His kids adore him. And Macaulay Culkin is Paris' godfather who still thinks highly of MJ. If MJ was a pedophile do you think his children and people like Culkin would love him the way they do? MJ would have abused them because pedophiles are compulsive. There are also 100s of people who knew MJ as kids coming out in defense of how he treated them - MJs goal since he was like 5 was to help children - this is known information from him and his mother. Those guys in the "documentary" are liars. and have been proved wrong by judges, factual evidence, and the extended Jackson family. And yes a bit of what they said was proven incorrect and the director admitted that. This "documentary" is nothing more than gossip. It's completely pathos. There is no actual evidence or any attempt to analyze the situation by looking at all sides. Its just two dudes telling a story. ...for money.

Little Acorns has a new favorite as of 16:19 on May 1, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was asking about the director. I dug it up myself, and saying that he"admitted that one of the victim's claims was completely false" is a pretty big stretch.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Nobody guilty of a bad thing would ever have kids that love them!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

If you haven't set a date for the wedding, you're not engaged.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Gigantic tattoos on a woman are unattractive.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If you just assume that all celebrities are sex-crime-doers until proven innocent, you can never be disappointed in your faves.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
The only tattoo I've ever seen that I really liked was the one Steve-O got on his whole back of himself giving a double thumbs up.

Otherwise, there's nothing that I like enough to want to get tattooed on me.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Aramek posted:

The only tattoo I've ever seen that I really liked was the one Steve-O got on his whole back of himself giving a double thumbs up.

Otherwise, there's nothing that I like enough to want to get tattooed on me.

Dude also used to have a tattoo of a man raping a baby, so, you know, gently caress that dude.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I'm unfamiliar the deep Jackass lore.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MightyJoe36 posted:

tattoos are unattractive.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

tattoos are cool

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If you just assume that all celebrities are sex-crime-doers until proven innocent, you can never be disappointed in your faves.

How would they be proven innocent?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nobody can tell me the cherry branch sprouting from my asscrack isn't sexy

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Tattoos which the wearer can't see without looking im a mirror are lame.

Excessive amounts of tattoos dont make you an intersting person.

The best tattoos are subtle references.

Fat chicks rule.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The best tattoos are subtle references.

if subtle references means this, I agree

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

if subtle references means this, I agree

This is one of the tattoos that I would really appreciate if it was on a fit dude's back but if you're not some buff viking looking motherfucker then oh, no. Like it wouldn't be attractive but it would be metal as gently caress. Also, I have the warhammer army book this was the cover of on my bookshelf so

Tiggum posted:

How would they be proven innocent?
Trial by combat, like George Washington intended.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Pastry of the Year posted:

Dude also used to have a tattoo of a man raping a baby, so, you know, gently caress that dude.

:wtc:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Pastry of the Year posted:

You ever see a statement where you try and formulate a response, any kind of response, but you find yourself unable to recall your basic use of the English language to even begin to develop something coherent, much less an actual form of communicating the thoughts that formed in your head?

Because I just did. What in the gently caress

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A turn of the century skater dude with a tryhard edgy tattoo?

By Jove!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

More evidence that skating is bad and causes anti-authority sentiment.

I'm right as usual.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

steve-o didn't skateboard, he was literally a clown

clowning is exactly the kind of hokey poo poo you should be into with your old conformist man schtick, aramek

hawowanlawow has a new favorite as of 19:29 on May 1, 2019

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

As I do now also possess a lawn I would greatly appreciate it if you would stay off of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

hawowanlawow posted:

clowning is exactly the kind of hokey poo poo you should be into with your old conformist man schtick, aramek

i already volunteer as a clown at the children's hospital, whole foods, and kfc so i can say for sure that i'm better than you