Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"
All of the Resident Evil games are on sale right now - There’s a Golden Week sale that started on Friday and a Villains Takeover sale that started on Monday and some titles like RE have one game on one sale and one one another. Sony could really stand to make their store more user friendly.

It’s nice to have stuff on sale, I’ve spent way more than I planned to on games this week. Dragon Quest XI Edition Of Light is $20 at Wal-Mart right now, btw.

Does anyone own the Hori mini controller? That’s $15 at Wal-Mart if you can find one, they seem to be dumping them. I kinda want one to use with Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

Is this true? If so I might have to check it out. My wife and I enjoyed playing the first game, but about halfway through it just became more stressful than fun.

Yeah, also I dunno if matters but we played with four players instead of two. We loved the hectic scrambling to barely get enough stars of the first one, but the in sequal we can breeze our way through to three stars. Haven't even bothered to finish the second one

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Overcooked seems like a good series to get into if you want out of your marriage but don't really have an adequate reason for it yet.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

skooma512 posted:

I'm gonna be so mad at you guys if I bounce off BB.

You probably will. I bounced off of it for a year because of this thread but when I finally broke through (beating the first boss) it sinks its hooks into you. It took me 3 different times of starting fresh to get it. But its worth it!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I too was a Third time's the charm Bloodborne Boy

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

AngelesXO posted:

Yeah, also I dunno if matters but we played with four players instead of two. We loved the hectic scrambling to barely get enough stars of the first one, but the in sequal we can breeze our way through to three stars. Haven't even bothered to finish the second one

IIRC there were only like two levels that gave us any huge amount of trouble in the first one (an ice one because my girlfriend is bad at the slippery platforming and the second level of the tropics DLC which we still only got after like three straight days from sheer luck), not sure if the scoring changes for four player though.

The second one has the secret Kevin levels that could get pretty dicey and all have different unlock requirements, not sure if you already knew that though.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Ineffiable posted:

I put in a few hours on the second and it does feel too easy but over does the gimmicks. So if you like having to deal with mice or the level shifting and less 'we need to make burgers as efficiently as possible!' then it'll work out better for you.

Actually we both hated the mice and shifting levels. The food making process was what we enjoyed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The shifting levels are loving awful

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

skooma512 posted:

I'm gonna be so mad at you guys if I bounce off BB.

It's actually pretty easy to bounce off of Bloodborne because the first area is labyrinthine and is designed to hammer home the tactical differences between Bloodborne and Dark Souls. There are no shields, so defense is all about dodging, staggering, and occasionally parrying (using your offhand gun). Enemies, and especially bosses, are much more aggressive that in Dark Souls (think Artorias of the Abyss) - trying to keep your distance, bait attacks, or dodge backwards during an attack will usually get you killed. The first non-optional boss is incredibly aggressive in an arena full of junk to get stuck on and most new players will have to learn the parry system to beat him. Power through, though - once it clicks, it clicks!

Before I Play has some decent advice. I'd also recommend picking the starter pistol over the blunderbuss since it's a little easier to parry with, but you can purchase it before the first boss so it's not a big deal.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Finished what I assume is the second disc/act of Shenmue 2 -- beating up Dou Niu and leaving Kowloon. I hope that isn't the last I see of him or especially Yuan cause I've come to adore her VA, making lines like "Tasty! What an elegant way to spend my time." come off exactly as ridiculous as they should.

i've yet to get that far (im raising money to see ren right now, furthest I've ever got lol and this is after wasting away a month so i could get the goddamn fangmei stuff) but that might actually be the end of disc 3 if i remember from the dc days. leaving hong kong is end of disc 2 i think, the airing of the books the start of disc 2 i think?

i kinda miss swapping out discs.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
still cannot believe i've had bloodborne on my shelf for almost a year and its still unplayed. a testament to how good gaming is these days.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Stickman posted:

I'd also recommend picking the starter pistol over the blunderbuss since it's a little easier to parry with, but you can purchase it before the first boss so it's not a big deal.
I'd recommend the blunderbuss over the pistol for the exact same reason. The tiny delay on the blunderbuss means my lovely reflexes don't make me parry too early. Both are good and bad at parrying, it just depends on what timing you find easier. The big brick trolls are perfect to practice on, and you encounter them pretty early and they telegraph the poo poo out of their moves.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BisterdDave posted:

Actually we both hated the mice and shifting levels. The food making process was what we enjoyed.

I feel like you two had the same experience as the gf and I. We really just want like 100 levels of food making with minimal gimmicks. As soon as Overcooked turned difficult we lost interest and quit playing. It’s sad because there’s a really fun game in there.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Overcooked is maybe the most fun I've had playing co-op games in years, it does get a bit frantic towards the end but when you hit a proper rhythm of lettuce, burger, dishes, serve in tandem with another player its a great feeling

Never touched Edith Fitch but lots of positive praise for it in this thread so quite happy to give it a shot

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I was really excited when I read the news because I thought Overcooked was actually Ready, Serve, Delicious, maybe this'll still be good though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

kanonvandekempen posted:

Overcooked and What remains of Edith Finch are this month's ps+ games.

Both are excellent, sadly I got overcooked a long time ago (and it wasn't ever a pricy game to begin with), and what remains was freen on the epic store 2 months ago.

Finally a not-lovely month!

acksplode posted:

I already played em but these are both great choices for PS+. I'd rather get stuff like this than mediocre AAA games that I don't have time to play.

Amen.

exquisite tea posted:

Overcooked seems like a good series to get into if you want out of your marriage but don't really have an adequate reason for it yet.

tbf if the marriage already involves a lot of yelling then playing Overcooked could serve as a form of Primal Scream therapy

Vikar Jerome posted:

still cannot believe i've had bloodborne on my shelf for almost a year and its still unplayed. a testament to how good gaming is these days.

what the gently caress

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The shifting levels are loving awful

Hello, half a truck? I'd like six cheeseburgers, yes, I'm in the blue station wagon sort of on the right.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Edith Finch has been on my list for a while now so that’s cool

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

what the gently caress

i'm getting round to it! also got the whole ueda trilogy to go. not sure if i should finish off sekiro before hand tho, still in the early area. just wanna get shenmue 2 done before august and then some mk11 and oh poo poo judgment soon too. maybe if nothing comes out in october.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bloodborne is better than Sekiro

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Vikar Jerome posted:

more like a testament to "jesus man get on that poo poo!"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

i'm getting round to it! also got the whole ueda trilogy to go. not sure if i should finish off sekiro before hand tho, still in the early area. just wanna get shenmue 2 done before august and then some mk11 and oh poo poo judgment soon too. maybe if nothing comes out in october.

I wouldn't play all of the Ueda trilogy in one go.

Here, do this: ICO > Sekiro/MK > Shenmue > SotC > Judgement > TLG

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I've never played any of the Left 4 Dead games, I have always been hesitant to try despite owning them as I figure anyone still playing is a mega expert at this point. anyone else in the same boat and want to try playing through them on a saturday or sunday?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well I generally prefer Bloodborne it'll feel like wading through a poison swamp after Sekiro

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Here, do this: ICO > Sekiro/MK > Shenmue > SotC > Judgement > TLG

well im playing shenmue 2 right now so ill do that first but then i think i'll follow your list!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

haveblue posted:

Bloodborne is better than every game on the PS4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Walrus posted:

I've never played any of the Left 4 Dead games, I have always been hesitant to try despite owning them as I figure anyone still playing is a mega expert at this point. anyone else in the same boat and want to try playing through them on a saturday or sunday?

If I had an Xbox I'd be all over that :negative:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

Honestly, I think Sekiro has stolen my heart. It'll never outperform the wild aesthetic design of BB, but it's the best playing game FROM's made by a country mile, and it's mythology is nearly as weird and creative as BB's.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
For my Bloodborne bros I wanted to share these sculptures I found by artist Philip Jackson

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

The Walrus posted:

I've never played any either. If my local Gamestop has a copy I'd be down to play.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Epic just bought Rocket League for an undisclosed sum :eyepop:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Overcooked might be a secret ploy to drive up PS4 sales and PS+ subsciptions through breaking up couples who share systems and accounts.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Overcooked might be a secret ploy to drive up PS4 sales and PS+ subsciptions through breaking up couples who share systems and accounts.

:tinfoil:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

haveblue posted:

Nah. Perhaps in setting.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Detective No. 27 posted:

exquisite tea posted:

what's the joke/story?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gross

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Call of Duty BLOPS4 removed Hot Pursuit mode seemingly for good and upon trying to play the crappy new mode and plain old Blackout, it has quickly become to me that Hot Pursuit is the only Battle Royale I enjoy anymore. The devs should have accepted it as the new regular mode.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Here, do this: Bloodborne and Yakuza 0.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
It sure was nice of Quantic Dream to let NetherRealm Studios use Kara's digital model for Kronika.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

gently caress. Rip.