Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bootcha posted:

No, I gotta redo one scene.

Thanks forbs.

Does it involve a picture of Sandi looking psychotic by any chance? Lurking in a dark corner? Murder on her mind?

E: T:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Agony Aunt posted:

Does it involve a picture of Sandi looking psychotic by any chance? Lurking in a dark corner? Murder on her mind?

E: T:

Bootcha has a stranglehold on comedy.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Agony Aunt posted:

I presume they did check their facts before posting. Pretty sure Forbes' lawyers wouldn't want that printing if not true.

Ms Peterson may be interested in those statements too.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Bootcha posted:

#IStrangleWithSandi

New thread title here.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Bootcha posted:

No, I gotta redo one scene.

Thanks forbs.

Did they contact you about any of this? Sunk Cost Galaxy has to be the AAA source for Star Citizen info and you have the receipts to prove any claims Forbes needs to make.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
really we're all just a bunch of freeoladers arent we?
we get all the drama for just 10 dallaz.

since 2012! (do the math)

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Bootcha posted:

#IStrangleWithSandi

Strangler 42

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

a change.org petition to change sandi's in game* callsign to stalker from pusher

*game not included

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

can someone remind me what the name of the really stupid ships were? particularly the farming one and the weird tv crew one?

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Whoa dude. To think, we've all been assuming Derek was the one who stalked Chris Roberts children and might one day break into his house and try to kill him, when really it was Sandi the whole time. It's like an episode of Scooby Doo.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

MassivelyOP: Forbes characterizes Star Citizen’s development as ‘incompetence and mismanagement on a galactic scale’

Eliot Lefebvre posted:

If you have only the faintest idea what has gone on with Star Citizen since its initial Kickstarter, a new Forbes piece on the game and its creator Chris Roberts is out today to clue you in, complete with a summary of the game’s long and winding development timeline to date.

It is not, however, a flattering summary. The article in question walks through the process of the game’s nearly $300 million in funding, suggesting the game’s development is struggling along under “incompetence and mismanagement on a galactic scale” while also dishing out quotes from the 20 former CIG employees the authors spoke with, like this one from former contractor (and Wing Commander IV producer) Mark Day:

“As the money rolled in, what I consider to be some of [Roberts’] old bad habits popped up -not being super-focused. It had got out of hand, in my opinion. The promises being made -call it feature creep, call it whatever it is – now we can do this, now we can do that. I was shocked.”

Forbes also looks back at Roberts’ previous projects in both game development and Hollywood while bringing up that the game is both raising money at an astonishing rate and burning through it nearly as quickly while racking up 129 consumer complaints sent to the FTC.

“This is not fraud—Roberts really is working on a game—but it is incompetence and mismanagement on a galactic scale. The heedless waste is fueled by easy money raised through crowdfunding, a Wild West territory nearly free of regulators and rules. Creatives are in charge here, not profit-driven bean counters or deadline-enforcing suits.”

At one point Forbes even digs into Roberts’ private life, posting about his marital dramas and the price of his house, though it notes “Roberts has emphatically said he is not lining his pockets from Cloud Imperium and that the company’s fundraising is ethical.”

Reddit, of course, is having a field day with the article, calling it a “hit piece.” MMO players will recall that mainstream games media has produced several of these deep-dives into and interviews with CIG over the years, and the narrative provided by those who’ve actually worked on the game – that its development is a bit of a mess behind the scenes with Roberts micromanaging it obsessively – has generally stayed consistent throughout; for example, even in 2016, Kotaku’s longform piece characterized the game as an “unwieldy, ever-changing dream project.”

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

MilesK posted:

Whoa dude. To think, we've all been assuming Derek was the one who stalked Chris Roberts children and might one day break into his house and try to kill him, when really it was Sandi the whole time. It's like an episode of Scooby Doo.

Derek (as Columbo) Eh Miss Gardiner.........just one more thing.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Lladre posted:

Wow, Sandi being as creepy stalker.

Who would have guessed.

The irony that some are called creepy stalkers for talking about Sandi and her role meanwhile in reality, she's the apparent stalker and a dangerous one at that.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

It actually screams Sandi Gardiner, but whatever

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

I blame this guy

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Star Citizen: Cyberpunk Sekiro

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
I wonder if the mysterious investors have a subscription to Forbes...

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Lladre posted:

Who would have guessed.

Considering this article, and the creepy robo-walk she displays while "acting," it's clear that Sandi Gardiner is actually a terminator sent back in time to save PC gaming by strangling Chris. She failed at the direct approach, so now she's working from inside the company to take it down.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That guy should be loving permaed, what an omega jerk.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Raised an eyebrow but isn't that big of a deal when one is worth millions.

That's not how you spell 'hiding millions'.

Unless there's a very specific risk of the estate going to probate, it's mainly a financial shield. Does Chris look particularly ill? It's not like he could be offed by a famil...oh.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Scruffpuff posted:

Considering this article, and the creepy robo-walk she displays while "acting," it's clear that Sandi Gardiner is actually a terminator sent back in time to save PC gaming by strangling Chris. She failed at the direct approach, so now she's working from inside the company to take it down.

You've really got to wonder what disaster he would have perpetrated on gaming if the ol' Austin Strangler hadn't been put on his case.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

Who would have guessed.

All the times you accused the rest of us of being creepy. :smuggo:

(You were right, but this is a twist worthy of M Night Shalmayahanananan).

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Back in 98 Austin suffered a groper. The South-end groper, more ways than one.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

MilesK posted:

^ This needs to be a gif

:)

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Humanevil screams erectile dysfunction, but I can't prove it.

Dooguk posted:

Ms Peterson may be interested in those statements too.

She's most likely to be the source of the documents.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
So they're just never going to accept that CIG might be capable of loving this up completely. Okay.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Oh my.

Strangler 42 posted:

So they're just never going to accept that CIG might be capable of loving this up completely. Okay.

SC is a functional and desirable product, except when it doesn't work, because it isn't finished and thus it's unfair to compare it to released games.

Sandepande fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 1, 2019

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Hav posted:

Humanevil screams erectile dysfunction, but I can't prove it.

When he said he was mad about ED, I thought he meant Elite Dangerous

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Screw that guy.

:boom:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Jinkies! I guess I should have known Derek secretly works for Forbes under an alias. He's just trying to project his own crimes onto an innocent person! Poor Sandi.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all

What the gently caress! We're all Derek Smart!

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

SabinBlitz posted:

What the gently caress! We're all Derek Smart!

I think it's because he was a deep cover operative. tojal exposed me him

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

MilesK posted:

Jinkies! I guess I should have known Derek secretly works for Forbes under an alias. He's just trying to project his own crimes onto an innocent person! Poor Sandi.

:raise:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Couldn't get it to work, so I tried this

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Strangler 42 posted:

Years ago I'd go on reddit and ask backers "What if Star Citizen were to fail?"

And inevitably every answer was "STAR CITIZEN CAN'T FAIL!"

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Sandi actually had prior experience! That's how she landed that murderer movie acting job!

I'VE ALWAYS LOVED YOU, CHRIS!